Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2040) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4412470 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2037) (2038) (2039) (2040) (2041) (2042) (2043) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Temi231(f): 10:18am On Jan 01, 2019
Happy new year mama
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ilyfavoured: 12:40pm On Jan 01, 2019
Happy New year fam
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 1:30pm On Jan 01, 2019
Happy New year mamas. May this be our best year yet. @Giddyperson so you never still offload grin grin? Wishing you safe delivery.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by divinemandate: 3:03pm On Jan 01, 2019
The peak of others shall be our begining & what nations say is impossible shal be an easy ride 4 us because God has sworn 2 bless us & exalt us in al areas of our life. Hapy new yr to us and our families

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by DocAdray(f): 3:20pm On Jan 01, 2019
Happy New Year lovely mommas! God bless us all.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ilyfavoured: 3:49pm On Jan 01, 2019
Happy New year to you too. Don't mind me. My search wasn't fruitful hence asking again. Will try again. Thanks. Have a blessed year

FloraEC:

I think someone shared hers before
Use the share button
Happy New year/month in advance
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by realpearl(f): 5:27pm On Jan 01, 2019

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by DanZenithh(m): 6:25pm On Jan 01, 2019
foreveryoung1515:
Thanks for the concern ma, the doctors chose to follow the scan i did inside the hospital, which indicate jan 11 as my edd, which made them choose december ending for the CS. My clinic day we agreed to see, my son lost his way inside the hospital, he was about to be taken to station by the security men that found him before i could see him, the stress was so much that was why i couldn't reach you anymore that day. Im coming back on Monday and will definitely see you ma, i so much appreciate your concern ma. God bless you ma

Congratulations madam, God bless the new baby for us
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by GreaterGraceGG(f): 6:42pm On Jan 01, 2019
Ziby:
Hello Mother's in house pls am a FTM with 8week baby,pls Hw can I prevent pregnant for1year I need ur help
2)Can I HV sex now I HV tear but it as heal
Oh

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by GreaterGraceGG(f): 6:44pm On Jan 01, 2019
realpearl:
Happy New Year mummies in the house.
Please treat as urgent

I travelled for Xmas with my Lo and on the first day of arrival I discovered that there were so many mosquitoes, we managed to sleep on the first night but I rushed out to get a mosquito net the very next day.

But now my baby is having a little fever and he sweats profusely, could he be having malaria!!

Nb: he is 4months old

Please mama's don't over look.. embarassed
Eat well and breastfeed your baby
You can give him paracetamol
If symptom persist, see a doctor

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 6:48pm On Jan 01, 2019
Ilyfavoured:
Happy New year to you too. Don't mind me. My search wasn't fruitful hence asking again. Will try again. Thanks. Have a blessed year

I'll check and send it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ilyfavoured: 7:18pm On Jan 01, 2019
L kissl kiss

FloraEC:

I'll check and send it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by goodfortun(f): 7:56pm On Jan 01, 2019
Happy New year mommas!! You all are awesome! Wish us a beautiful and blessed year ahead!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 8:03pm On Jan 01, 2019
Ziby,pls go back to the hospital you gave birth to and chose a family planning method suitable for your body or let your husband use condom.If you f.k raw,if you like turn upside down,those swimmers are already swimming to their destination.

Discuss with your hubby and arrive at a safe conclusion.Congrats on your newborn .

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ziby: 8:36pm On Jan 01, 2019
GreaterGraceGG:

Preventing pregnancy depends on you and your husband, if he is good at withdrawal method or you can get good condoms, that's if hubby will like it anyway. The most important thing is you, if you are not ready, don't get lost in the act, if hubby pour it in you, u can squat after sex so that it will pour. Family planning is not advisable for someone with a child. Google on how to prevent pregnancy
2. You can start having sex since the place is healed
Tnx ma I really appreciate I will try talk to hubby if he can use condom
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ziby: 8:40pm On Jan 01, 2019
LadySarah:
Ziby,pls go back to the hospital you gave birth to and chose a family planning method suitable for your body or let your husband use condom.If you f.k raw,if you like turn upside down,those swimmers are already swimming to their destination.

Discuss with your hubby and arrive at a safe conclusion.Congrats on your newborn .
Tnx ma I go to d hospital
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chinnyness122(f): 10:08pm On Jan 01, 2019
Happy new year mammas!

please I need suggestions on what to feed my 5month+ baby. i did exclusive breastfeeding till she turned 5m, then She started refusing breast milk so I introduced pap, formula, friesogold, to her but she rejected all. I forced d pap and formula on her, she started purging. I feel so terrible now.... I need help please. f only thing she takes well is grounded groundnuts and egg yolks. but I need varieties

thanks in anticipation
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 10:50pm On Jan 01, 2019
Mash whatever you are eating and give her.You also need to keep trying some other cereals ,she may get to like one.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 11:30pm On Jan 01, 2019
GreaterGraceGG:

Preventing pregnancy depends on you and your husband, if he is good at withdrawal method or you can get good condoms, that's if hubby will like it anyway. The most important thing is you, if you are not ready, don't get lost in the act, if hubby pour it in you, u can squat after sex so that it will pour. Family planning is not advisable for someone with a child. Google on how to prevent pregnancy

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Mama with these your family planning methods, your quiver is going to be full of children or however the bible puts it.

21 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 11:34pm On Jan 01, 2019
Happy new year mama!!!!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Olaviv: 5:23am On Jan 02, 2019
Happy New year mama!!!
Pls am a FTM, my baby is just 2weeks and 3days today. Since I gave birth to her, she has not sucked my milk. Pls is my breast milk still good for my Baby to feed on.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 7:40am On Jan 02, 2019
GreaterGraceGG:

I totally disagree with the bolded post. Then who is FP advisable for? Women without kids??

FP - FAMILY PLANNING - planning ur family (number of kids u can cater for)

Plls let's be careful with different kinda advice we dish out on here, cos u never know who's digesting what.

19 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 8:10am On Jan 02, 2019
Hello Ma,

Just to clarify some things so we advise based on facts and not opinions or assumptions:

1. Squatting after sex: sperm cells have tails, these tails make them excellent swimmers. They are living cells so a swimmer will swim regardless of how long you squat. Also a sperm cell is alive for 3 days...I don't think anyone will advise squatting for that long
2. Family planning is advisable for anyone who is not ready for a child irrespective of if they've had a child or not. Family planning methods vary from barriers like condoms (yes, condom is FP) to non hormonal or hormonal methods. Every woman should choose whatever method works best for her body and choices and go with it, there are medical personnel available to advise, there are also resources on this thread from people who have shared experiences with various methods
3. Withdrawal: a lot of mamas on this thread will give testimony of how withdrawal worked "perfectly" for them. Producing a perfect BFP grin While it works for some, it's important to state that it's the least reliable form of birth control

GreaterGraceGG:

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 8:34am On Jan 02, 2019
Nothing wrong with your milk mama, put your baby to breast

Congratulations

Olaviv:
Happy New year mama!!!
Pls am a FTM, my baby is just 2weeks and 3days today. Since I gave birth to her, she has not sucked my milk. Pls is my breast milk still good for my Baby to feed on.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by GreaterGraceGG(f): 10:55am On Jan 02, 2019
Giddyperson:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Mama with these your family planning methods, your quiver is going to be full of children or however the bible puts it.
All Na blessing grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tessie89: 10:59am On Jan 02, 2019
Good day mamas and happy new year, pls I need review on baby car seat, am a FTM. I intend to buy the big one baby can use till 2yrs but somebody is saying that one cannot be tilted for baby comfort, mamas pls çome to my rescue.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 11:45am On Jan 02, 2019
What you want is a convertible seat that works from birth till 2 years (some even more), just make sure whichever brand you're buying starts from birth, it's usually clearly indicated. So you fix the seat rear facing till the child attains the weight to face front, then change the direction of the seat. I don't know anything about tilting, the disadvantage I noticed is that those big ones are not portable (so you can't remove the seat to carry the baby maybe when you're grocery shopping or out at an event). However it makes more financial sense to just buy 1 seat from birth till whenever rather than buy a small one, then change when baby outgrows it.

Hope this helps. For car seats I prefer to stick with name brands since they are safety devices. I'm aware of Graco, Evenflo, Britax and Safety1st but I use(d) Graco

Tessie89:
Good day mamas and happy new year, pls I need review on baby car seat, am a FTM. I intend to buy the big one baby can use till 2yrs but somebody is saying that one cannot be tilted for baby comfort, mamas pls çome to my rescue.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 11:55am On Jan 02, 2019
Olaviv:
Happy New year mama!!!

Yes ,very OK.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by goodfortun(f): 1:20pm On Jan 02, 2019
hunniesuzie:
What you want is a convertible seat that works from birth till 2 years (some even more), just make sure whichever brand you're buying starts from birth, it's usually clearly indicated.

Love your explicit explanations. My car seat was a gift but we didn't start using till baby was 3months+ cos there's no where we were going to. He's 16months and we are still using it. However the capacity is weight rather than age. It's not a popular name brand and its permanently rear facing. Just go online and see the different options so when U go shopping u can make the best choice.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 2:17pm On Jan 02, 2019
Haha, thank you, I'm learning from my mentor JGracious. My baby was big from birth so the 13kg limit was hit at 11 months, I had to now buy a convertible one which I'll be keeping for my next baby

goodfortun:

Love your explicit explanations. My car seat was a gift but we didn't start using till baby was 3months+ cos there's no where we were going to. He's 16months and we are still using it. However the capacity is weight rather than age. It's not a popular name brand and its permanently rear facing. Just go online and see the different options so when U go shopping u can make the best choice.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by yseries: 3:05pm On Jan 02, 2019
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by yseries: 3:05pm On Jan 02, 2019
Happy New year mamas

@enque , pls I sent you a PM. I want to join ur class

(1) (2) (3) ... (2037) (2038) (2039) (2040) (2041) (2042) (2043) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.