Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,922 members, 7,817,702 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2052) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4402487 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2049) (2050) (2051) (2052) (2053) (2054) (2055) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by goodfortun(f): 1:01am On Jan 11, 2019
Linda2019:
Good day mothers pls i just joined for d first time, my 3months baby's navel is protruding which was inside b4 suddenly a month ago i noticed its out with a dark brownish circular skin at d middle, pls i want to know if dis is normal and would it still go down. Pls i urgently need a reply i am still a novice and dis is my first baby , really nervous.

This was my son's navel some weeks after birth and then by 3months it had gone in. I was so worried that I went to the clinic to make enquiries. Was reassured. And I let go. Slowly but surely it became minute. Just be patient but if you still feel uneasy, see a doc.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by goodfortun(f): 1:04am On Jan 11, 2019
SlimBrawnie:

Hian, her own is better, the monitoring spirits I have around me won't let me eat n drink what I like grin, they say I should drink only hot things, even my malt is warmed before drinking, I shouldn't take milk, I shouldn't eat strong food.. This n that. Anyway I bless God. I had my Rhogam shot about 30mins after I came out from the theatre. God bless your family. Cheers

The milk ish is strange to me . Started tAking milk wit pap from the hospital before being discharged and twas also c.S. But I guess peeps have different beliefs. Don't think there's anything wrong with milk though.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by goodfortun(f): 1:06am On Jan 11, 2019
Giddyperson:
Biko mamas with baby boys we have circumcision tomorrow, and I'm freaking out already. Please I need tips on how to take care of the site so it heals as soon as possible.

We were told to do absolutely nothing. No olive oil or penicillin and it healed on its own. Just the initial pain when it was done and when diaper was changed that I felt paracetamol was necessary for. Just keep calm, he'll do good.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by goodfortun(f): 1:09am On Jan 11, 2019
sandeiwhite:
Please my baby of 3months is pooing after every feed.what could b d cause?

I think it's normal for some kids. Mine that was complimentary Fed also pooped after almost every feed. Just keep him hydrated always. But I don't believe it's a problem.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Oladainty(f): 1:35am On Jan 11, 2019
Hi everyone
Regarding taking milk after CS. I was also told not to take it reasons bin it may cause purs inside the stomach Nd delays the healing process.
I hope this information is helpful

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PraisesG(f): 4:14am On Jan 11, 2019
SlimBrawnie:

Ex teamie, biko don't try that engine oil thing o. My son's ring fell off within 3 days of applying penicillin (4 times a day)... And I'm still applying the penicillin cos his circumcision was done over 2 weeks after his birth (we had to first treat the jaundice that appeared)

Meanwhile, mamas pls I need your say on this, my son becomes weak n tired after BF, is it normal? And we are 4weeks today, when can I start taking milk (I had my LO via ELCS)
You can take milk lightly like those small satchets,not like a tin of milk in a cup.
Some people are of different views,but I think milk is protein,which is highly needed for wound healing and milk production, just don't abuse it,like once daily.
If you are confused, you can still ask your doctor.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Helens101: 5:27am On Jan 11, 2019
Gudmorning mama's, plz do not pass this. I did not sleep through out the night. My baby cry, his stomach bites him. Although he eats well. His stool is watery. I don't know what to do. He is Jux three months old. Plsbwhat do I do to stop the stool and the stomach bite. I am so so confuse
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by obinnanelson4(m): 6:17am On Jan 11, 2019
SlimBrawnie:

Hian, her own is better, the monitoring spirits I have around me won't let me eat n drink what I like grin, they say I should drink only hot things, even my malt is warmed before drinking, I shouldn't take milk, I shouldn't eat strong food.. This n that. Anyway I bless God. I had my Rhogam shot about 30mins after I came out from the theatre. God bless your family. Cheers
lol.. warming malt for u to drink? you really tried but its always advised that all your drinkables are warm. thank God you are fine and everything is ok now you can take whatever you deem fit. God bless your household too lovely mama.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Funmi2510: 6:57am On Jan 11, 2019
Good morning mamas...pls how so I stop my 3months old baby from sucking his thumb...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SlimBrawnie(f): 7:33am On Jan 11, 2019
PraisesG:

You can take milk lightly like those small satchets,not like a tin of milk in a cup.
Some people are of different views,but I think milk is protein,which is highly needed for wound healing and milk production, just don't abuse it,like once daily.
If you are confused, you can still ask your doctor.
I'm not asking any doctor, I will start today grin... My case won't be different

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SlimBrawnie(f): 7:36am On Jan 11, 2019
goodfortun:

The milk ish is strange to me . Started tAking milk wit pap from the hospital before being discharged and twas also c.S. But I guess peeps have different beliefs. Don't think there's anything wrong with milk though.

Just imagine I've been taking plain pap & lipton, no milk, no sugar... I have suffered.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ifyalways(f): 7:45am On Jan 11, 2019
Giddyperson:
Biko mamas with baby boys we have circumcision tomorrow, and I'm freaking out already. Please I need tips on how to take care of the site so it heals as soon as possible.
Akpa rice na donut imugo?

Otito diri Jesu , na-ndu ebe ebe. cheesy

Congratulations, God bless your boy.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iaatmgirl: 7:58am On Jan 11, 2019
Giddyperson:
Thanks everyone. We're doing it in the village hospital, just wanna be prepared incase I hear 'Use engine oil' cheesy

Morning

As you mentioned village hospital. Let me chip something in, in case they do the traditional/surgical type where one mama wud use blade to do it. Although if you have alternative, pls don't let them do this method. I don't know why this is still in practice sef.

If that approach, you may be given antibiotics, pain reliever and vit C for him. They'd put bandage after the exercise to absorb the blood. Pls pour olive oil regularly to keep it moist (the hospital actually mentioned engine oil but I can't use that on baby).

They shud instruct on when to remove the bandage or tell you to leave till it removes itself. But don't leave it too long. I was told to leave it till it removed itself but it started smelling a bit and i asked a nurse when i went for my injections. She said I cud remove it since was already a few days , i didn't have the mind so mil removed it for me. Then just continue with penicillin.

The first pee after the removal is usually painful for them. I guess cos of the open wound sha.

Let's just hope it's the ring method. Wud save you the bandage thing.

Hospitals have their own guidelines sha so ask and use extra knowledge from here to decide on what to do. We are always here for each other.

Kisses to baby
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amorprincesa: 8:29am On Jan 11, 2019
Good morning mamas, please who has used Outreach Women and Children’s Hospital for ante-natal or delivery. How good is their service?

Please pm if you don't want to give ratings openly. Thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 8:46am On Jan 11, 2019
cc slimbrawnie

Na wa. Me I had a CS and my first meal when I was allowed to eat was pap with one full sachet of hollandia milk and it was hospital people that gave me

comtem2011:
My kid sis was told same thing too by the Dr that carried out the CS.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 8:49am On Jan 11, 2019
Interesting, hearing this for the first time. I think it's an old wives tale sha, doubt there's any science backing this

Oladainty:
Hi everyone
Regarding taking milk after CS. I was also told not to take it reasons bin it may cause purs inside the stomach Nd delays the healing process.
I hope this information is helpful

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 9:06am On Jan 11, 2019
SlimBrawnie:

Just imagine I've been taking plain pap & lipton, no milk, no sugar... I have suffered.
you mean you have been taking Lipton tea? When I had my son, I discovered that whenever I take it, there will be little or no milk for my baby to suck that day. So I stopped. Didn't try it with my daughter..

Also, pertaining to the milk issue, it will be nice if u follow your Dr's advice. They all have their reason.
Like my sis, she followed up until she was giving the go ahead.

Then, warm drinks like water, pap etc help the tummy to go back to shape on time and it heals faster.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 9:13am On Jan 11, 2019
ifyalways:

Akpa rice na donut imugo?

Otito diri Jesu , na-ndu ebe ebe. cheesy

Congratulations, God bless your boy.
Glam ma, I've been looking for you everywhere so you can cook the ji mmiri oku.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by goodfortun(f): 10:23am On Jan 11, 2019
Ilyfavoured:
Thanks. Please which vaccine was administered at 12 months. Was meant to take measles booster but adviced to wait till 15 months and take just vitamin A

Sorry I forgot. 12months: meningococcal conjugate, pcv booster and vitamin a. 15months: MMR and chicken pox. 18months: OPV and penta.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by goodfortun(f): 10:26am On Jan 11, 2019
Funmi2510:
Good morning mamas...pls how so I stop my 3months old baby from sucking his thumb...

Wear hand mittens. This worked for us and he didn't suck
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by goodfortun(f): 10:28am On Jan 11, 2019
Helens101:
Gudmorning mama's, plz do not pass this. I did not sleep through out the night. My baby cry, his stomach bites him. Although he eats well. His stool is watery. I don't know what to do. He is Jux three months old. Plsbwhat do I do to stop the stool and the stomach bite. I am so so confuse

Please take him to the clinic. Don't self -medicate esp cos of the stooling

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by unex50: 10:44am On Jan 11, 2019
Hello mama's. .....my baby will have her 6 week's immunization nextweek. ...Pls what should i expect?? Is that the one that comes with serious fever?? Biko epp me..

2...I want to start Family Planning .....which is the trusted and reliable method....Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AllGadgetsNG: 11:10am On Jan 11, 2019
AllGadgetsNG:
Contact 07066697724 for details or orders!!!

New Arrival!!! Kinyo SINGLE & DOUBLE SuperFast Electric Breast Pump!!!

Single: 17,000
Double: 25,000

Watch video on pump here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcVyNsSXKtY

If you want a product that is fast, gets the job done quickly, light weight and easy to carry, then Kinyo Superfast Electric breast pump is exactly what you need. You can either plug your pump into the mains when you’re at home, or use with batteries when you want to express away from home.
Most Breast Pumps around have a pressure pump rate of 80 – 200 mmHg. The Kinyo Superfast breast pump capacity ranges from 130mmHg to 340mmHg; this means it is extra fast, yet gentle on you. It is light and easy to carry around, delivering high pumping capacity that gets the job done quickly, quietly and gently.

Manufactured in China, to American Standards. Backed by 12 Months Warranty.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 11:18am On Jan 11, 2019
iaatmgirl:

Morning

As you mentioned village hospital. Let me chip something in, in case they do the traditional/surgical type where one mama wud use blade to do it. Although if you have alternative, pls don't let them do this method. I don't know why this is still in practice sef.

If that approach, you may be given antibiotics, pain reliever and vit C for him. They'd put bandage after the exercise to absorb the blood. Pls pour olive oil regularly to keep it moist (the hospital actually mentioned engine oil but I can't use that on baby).

They shud instruct on when to remove the bandage or tell you to leave till it removes itself. But don't leave it too long. I was told to leave it till it removed itself but it started smelling a bit and i asked a nurse when i went for my injections. She said I cud remove it since was already a few days , i didn't have the mind so mil removed it for me. Then just continue with penicillin.

The first pee after the removal is usually painful for them. I guess cos of the open wound sha.

Let's just hope it's the ring method. Wud save you the bandage thing.

Hospitals have their own guidelines sha so ask and use extra knowledge from here to decide on what to do. We are always here for each other.

Kisses to baby
We got there by past 10 am, they said they don't do circumcision after the sun comes out cheesy. I still forgot to ask what method they would use, but I doubt its ring
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amorprincesa: 11:42am On Jan 11, 2019
Question 1: you can use pcm if you notice a rise in temperature.
Question 2 has been answered severally on this thread. Please use the search option.
unex50:
Hello mama's. .....my baby will have her 6 week's immunization nextweek. ...Pls what should i expect?? Is that the one that comes with serious fever?? Biko epp me..

2...I want to start Family Planning .....which is the trusted and reliable method....Thanks.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Halcyon123(f): 11:58am On Jan 11, 2019
Some babies get high temp and fever some don't but have your PCM ready,administer but incas of fever and is more than a day old,return baby to the hospital.For the FP,visit the family health section in the hospital,they will educate you on diff methods and guide you on which to choose.
unex50:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 1:54pm On Jan 11, 2019
comtem2011:
He will continue to grow in God's wisdom.
hello you kiss

@giddyperson congratulations kiss baby boy giddy for me.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 1:56pm On Jan 11, 2019
SlimBrawnie:

Congrats sir, hope you were finally able to get the Rhogam.
I was told not to take it while at the hospital, I can't remember the exact reason. My sis in law still said I shouldn't take it until 8weeks post delivery, I'm 4weeks PD and really want to include it in my diet but need to be sure. I don't even know if Yogurt is included cos I've taken that like thrice.
mine was don't take evaporated milk! But I finished a 900g of peak powder in 2 weeks! Also cs.

Cc obinnanelson

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 1:58pm On Jan 11, 2019
FloraEC:

No problem
Sis chat me up your package is waiting kiss how's Ada now? Compliments
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tina462: 1:59pm On Jan 11, 2019
Up for sale

Graco baby high chair.
Prime pappa rocker highchair .
Cradle nd swing.
Chicco car seat .
Puzzle mat.
Electric and battery use breast pump(new)
Potty trainer.
Children school bag big size(2) ............#3000 each
School bag small size(4)................#2000 each
7kg cloth dryer front loader.............#60k

Location is Isolo Lagos
Only for serious buyers please
Call or chat 07034853820

(1) (2) (3) ... (2049) (2050) (2051) (2052) (2053) (2054) (2055) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.