Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,400 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2054) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4402122 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2051) (2052) (2053) (2054) (2055) (2056) (2057) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bloomingbud(f): 8:58am On Jan 12, 2019
nnekaike:
I had same experience with my daughter last month,she stopped eating after treating malaria, she was surviving on breast,water and cheeseballs.I took her back to the hospital to complain, we did a Wbc on her again and she had malaria. since we finished treatment last week,she has been eating well and I noticed was bringing out a set of teeth
You can test them again for malaria, check for teeth.

Thanks so much I took them back Thursday morning we also did wbc which showed malaria for both of them and little infection for one of them so we are currently on treatment.
I'm even thinking if I wean them they will eat since my breast is suffering already.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bloomingbud(f): 9:02am On Jan 12, 2019
enque:

It's 4k n above in some areas sef

Issoriat, thank you ma.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nnekaike(f): 9:35am On Jan 12, 2019
Bloomingbud:

Thanks so much I took them back Thursday morning we also did wbc which showed malaria for both of them and little infection for one of them so we are currently on treatment.
I'm even thinking if I wean them they will eat since my breast is suffering already.
when they finish treatment they will start eating again,I believe so.please don't give them any multivitamin while they are on treatment.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lady25(f): 10:39am On Jan 12, 2019
Please I need suggestions for a good school in Abeokuta preferably Montessori. Any Abeokuta Mama in the house .My son is a ayear and a month old
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 10:39am On Jan 12, 2019
iaatmgirl:

Morning

As you mentioned village hospital. Let me chip something in, in case they do the traditional/surgical type where one mama wud use blade to do it. Although if you have alternative, pls don't let them do this method. I don't know why this is still in practice sef.

If that approach, you may be given antibiotics, pain reliever and vit C for him. They'd put bandage after the exercise to absorb the blood. Pls pour olive oil regularly to keep it moist (the hospital actually mentioned engine oil but I can't use that on baby).

They shud instruct on when to remove the bandage or tell you to leave till it removes itself. But don't leave it too long. I was told to leave it till it removed itself but it started smelling a bit and i asked a nurse when i went for my injections. She said I cud remove it since was already a few days , i didn't have the mind so mil removed it for me. Then just continue with penicillin.

The first pee after the removal is usually painful for them. I guess cos of the open wound sha.

Let's just hope it's the ring method. Wud save you the bandage thing.

Hospitals have their own guidelines sha so ask and use extra knowledge from here to decide on what to do. We are always here for each other.

Kisses to baby
I don't know what method they used but it wasn't ring. They said we can remove the bandage later this afternoon (it was done before 8am this morning). They said after removal I should start applying Vaseline mixed with mentholatum and it would heal in 2-3 days, I told them I'd be using penicillin instead and she said it's still ok. The crying is something else. How long before he stops wailing at intervals like this.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lady25(f): 10:40am On Jan 12, 2019
nnekaike:
when they finish treatment they will start eating again,I believe so.please don't give them any multivitamin while they are on treatment.
Yes please do not give multivitamin,vitamin C ,oranges or orange drinks during Malaria treatment

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lady25(f): 10:46am On Jan 12, 2019
Giddyperson:

I don't know what method they used but it wasn't ring. They said we can remove the bandage later this afternoon (it was done before 8am this morning). They said after removal I should start applying Vaseline mixed with mentholatum and it would heal in 2-3 days, I told them I'd be using penicillin instead and she said it's still ok. The crying is something else. How long before he stops wailing at intervals like this.
. Dont worry the cry won't last long. I personally prefer olive oil because u wouldn't have to touch the site and cause him more pain like you would with Vaseline or penicillin.i used ALOT of olive oil at first then when it started healing I used penicillin( ring method). I Also didn't use diaper so air can aid the speedy healing. And paracetamol for one dayDont worry Baby will be fine

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lady25(f): 10:51am On Jan 12, 2019
SlimBrawnie:

Meanwhile, mamas pls I need your say on this, my son becomes weak n tired after BF, is it normal? And we are 4weeks today, when can I start taking milk (I had my LO via ELCS)
Sleeping after breastfeeding is a very good sign that baby has been well fed... He might even Lok very lazy and drop his hands lazily by His side..... Oga done chop Belle full

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 11:16am On Jan 12, 2019
lady25:
. Dont worry the cry won't last long. I personally prefer olive oil because u wouldn't have to touch the site and cause him more pain like you would with Vaseline or penicillin.i used ALOT of olive oil at first then when it started healing I used penicillin( ring method). I Also didn't use diaper so air can aid the speedy healing. And paracetamol for one dayDont worry Baby will be fine
cry We should look into banning male genital mutilation cry cry.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Veektorious08: 11:17am On Jan 12, 2019
Good afternoon mums. Help a ftm whose 1 month old dd has acne on her face. Abeg what can I use to clear it. Its not looking nice at all. I use powder on her face, day and night but it hasn't seem to clear it. Urgent please.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by perfectcrown(f): 11:21am On Jan 12, 2019
eksbabe:
Thank you. The scratches are sometimes small and you can see its from the nails of a child, it can appear on 2 different spots of the face, so i know it’s another child scratching mine.
This is the last time i will address it sha.

When my son started pre-nursery,this same thing happened to him. He comes back home with alooot of scratches from finger nails. When i complained to his teacher she told me thays how they play/defend themselves from attacks...She became more mindful of how they play(according to her) but i later discovered that my son does the same to other kids(even though i trim his finger nails every week!)

As time goes on,it stopped entirely...

Have u asked if your son did d same thing to others ma?? Im not sayng what happened was good(honestly it is not) but please ask them first b4 u take any action. Perhaps other parents are concerned/complaining too...

Pele.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PraisesG(f): 12:04pm On Jan 12, 2019
Giddyperson:

Multilation kwa?
Kpele,mama, this phase will soon pass
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eksbabe(f): 12:32pm On Jan 12, 2019
perfectcrown:

When my son started pre-nursery,this same thing happened to him. He comes back home with alooot of scratches from finger nails. When i complained to his teacher she told me thays how they play/defend themselves from attacks...She became more mindful of how they play(according to her) but i later discovered that my son does the same to other kids(even though i trim his finger nails every week!)

As time goes on,it stopped entirely...

Have u asked if your son did d same thing to others ma?? Im not sayng what happened was good(honestly it is not) but please ask them first b4 u take any action. Perhaps other parents are concerned/complaining too...

Pele.
I get you and as i stated in my first post they know about 3 kids that often have long nails and i have suggested that they remind everyone’s parents to try to cut nails at least once a week.
I feel they are not putting so much effort into watching this and sometimes the proprietress tries to make a joke of it saying “ they are all big boys now and should start proper school, that way this things would reduce”. My son will be 18 months soon and i dont intend moving him from creche till he is 2.
In all sincerity once i feel my son’s nails on my skin, i immediately cut it off cuz i know how it will feel on a skin more tender than mine.
These things should not be all the time and i have had to complain several times but it just keeps happening. I am not one to try to act the perfect mum because i know it’s not easy being a mum but these little things can be avoided in my opinion.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amorprincesa: 1:54pm On Jan 12, 2019
Have you seen an uncircumcised d**k, my dear, it is not beautiful. And they extra extra take care of the underneath. Though it has higher sensitivity.

Me I won't follow you to carry placard. grin
Giddyperson:

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 2:04pm On Jan 12, 2019
amorprincesa:
Have you seen an uncircumcised d**k, my dear, it is not beautiful. And they extra extra take care of the underneath. Though it has higher sensitivity.

Me I won't follow you to carry placard. grin
It looked fine the way it was biko. This is a very traumatic experience for me. He just pooed and peed and started bleeding and started screaming all at once. I didn't even know which one to face. All so that penis can look nice
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by perfectcrown(f): 2:38pm On Jan 12, 2019
eksbabe:
I get you and as i stated in my first post they know about 3 kids that often have long nails and i have suggested that they remind everyone’s parents to try to cut nails at least once a week.
I feel they are not putting so much effort into watching this and sometimes the proprietress tries to make a joke of it saying “ they are all big boys now and should start proper school, that way this things would reduce”. My son will be 18 months soon and i dont intend moving him from creche till he is 2.
In all sincerity once i feel my son’s nails on my skin, i immediately cut it off cuz i know how it will feel on a skin more tender than mine.
These things should not be all the time and i have had to complain several times but it just keeps happening. I am not one to try to act the perfect mum because i know it’s not easy being a mum but these little things can be avoided in my opinion.

I get u very well mama!
Some people are just unreasonably wicked.
Just try and give them stern warning! Else...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 3:25pm On Jan 12, 2019
Veektorious08:
Good afternoon mums. Help a ftm whose 1 month old dd has acne on her face. Abeg what can I use to clear it. Its not looking nice at all. I use powder on her face, day and night but it hasn't seem to clear it. Urgent please.

And you are sure the powder isn't the cause of the acne??

Mama,powder is not for newborns till six mths,pls.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzleemah(f): 3:26pm On Jan 12, 2019
Giddyperson:

it's the traditional method, i used alot of olive oil on the bandage to ease the removal, keep pouring olive oil at each diaper change, for my ds the bandage was removed at night by mil(my liver no gree me touch am) and i started putting penicillin. In less than a week it has healed. My son didn't cry that much, i was the one crying instead.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iaatmgirl: 7:15pm On Jan 12, 2019
Giddyperson:

It's the traditional method of blade I guess. Pls put oil (penicillin as you prefer) as often as possible. Try not to touch it though, We need to keep it clean so there is no infection . also try to wear his diaper a bit free so it doesn't touch it (to avoid bruising it or making it stuck to it)

The pain while peeing wud soon go. Just remember it's an open wound so there is bound to be a little pain till it heals.

Pray speedy healing for him

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mumaraoluwa: 7:44pm On Jan 12, 2019
Giddyperson:

I guess so and I hear measles is really dangerous in babies when detected late. So just take him to the hospital let the doctor rule it out first.
ok thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 11:09pm On Jan 12, 2019
iaatmgirl:

It's the traditional method of blade I guess. Pls put oil (penicillin as you prefer) as often as possible. Try not to touch it though, We need to keep it clean so there is no infection . also try to wear his diaper a bit free so it doesn't touch it (to avoid bruising it or making it stuck to it)

The pain while peeing wud soon go. Just remember it's an open wound so there is bound to be a little pain till it heals.

Pray speedy healing for him
K
Thanks a lot
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 6:43am On Jan 13, 2019
comtem2011:
He will continue to grow in God's wisdom.

Amen mama

I don email you tire send sms tire

Hows baby doing?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 7:18am On Jan 13, 2019
FINA4804:
Happy new year mummies, @ jazzy thank you so much for yout support since i relocated, we have lovely people on nairaland.
Pls i am looking for someone to share a shop space with, in gwarimpa. Anyone interested pls watsup 08158185837. Thanks

You're welcome maam
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SlimBrawnie(f): 7:47am On Jan 13, 2019
lady25:

Sleeping after breastfeeding is a very good sign that baby has been well fed... He might even Lok very lazy and drop his hands lazily by His side..... Oga done chop Belle full

This is exactly how he acts, like a drunk baby, the laziness/sleeping doesn't even make me burp him properly cos I burp him on my laps not shoulder. I also think I stress him by not supporting my breast for him, so oga adds extra effort to suck the milk out, reason for the tiredness. Thank you mama

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tessie89: 12:00pm On Jan 13, 2019
Good day mamas of nations, pls assist a FTM ooo, pls is it right to breast feed a 2month old baby while lying down. Thank u.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 12:39pm On Jan 13, 2019
jazzyjazz:

Amen mama

I don email you tire send sms tire

Hows baby doing?
so sorry ma, I just got back on WhatsApp. I will send my number via email to u. Regards to Bobo.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutewifey: 1:00pm On Jan 13, 2019
Happy Sunday to all the mothers on this thread, please my 13day old baby only suck on just my left breast cos the right breast nipple is very small. please what can I do to make my right breast nipple come out , he cries a lot anytime I tried giving him the right breast cos he couldn't suck it well.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by unex50: 1:36pm On Jan 13, 2019
Veektorious08:

Hey mama, Try applying Shea butter (ori ). That's what I gave mine nd it worked..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 2:05pm On Jan 13, 2019
Liftedhands:
hello you kiss

Happy Sunday sis, pls can I still use that ajumbaise 4 months post delivery?.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 2:25pm On Jan 13, 2019
Just seeing this. Price seems right, I just bought 3650, only thing is, when I buy it takes about 3-4 months to finish and it's only needed at times of poor appetite or recovery

Bloomingbud:

OK ma, let me just obey you and pity them small jare.

I just priced reload and the price gather mauscle; 3500 is that the price or my area people wan scam me?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bloomingbud(f): 3:07pm On Jan 13, 2019
hunniesuzie:
Just seeing this. Price seems right, I just bought 3650, only thing is, when I buy it takes about 3-4 months to finish and it's only needed at times of poor appetite or recovery

Ok thank ma, happy Sunday to you.

Happy Sunday mamas, please I need recommendation of a very good and pocket friendly blender.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2051) (2052) (2053) (2054) (2055) (2056) (2057) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.