Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2073) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4399351 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2070) (2071) (2072) (2073) (2074) (2075) (2076) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 9:03pm On Feb 02, 2019
comtem2011:
cc: Lifted hands
thank you kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 9:15pm On Feb 02, 2019
Toopee:
Senior mummies in the house, please who has heard of and used AJU MBAISE for postpartum belly fat lose, how effective is it, what are the pros and cons and can anyone vouch for a trusted seller that sells the real AJU MBAISE?
I sell fresh or dried original ajumbaise! With an 8 spice combination for optimum results. Neatly blended and packaged for your convenience.

Tested and trusted NO SCAM ZONE kiss

We delivery anywhere.
Call/WhatsApp 08
E-mail @geze911@gmail.com

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 9:27pm On Feb 02, 2019
nwarosa:
Please FTM here o!

My son is 10 weeks old. Breastmilk has long since stopped flowing so we are purely on formula. My challenge is that a tin lasts less than 3 days and his consumption seems to be increasing and he eats every one hour plus. This isn't pocket friendly plus the formula doesn't hold him for long . What can I do to supplement his food.. Is it okay to introduce pap right now?
wow sis! first of all congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you. Kiss your son wella for me kiss God bless and protect him.

PLEASE you can switch to cheaper formula nd try buying in bulk that way u save cost. Your baby needs ONLY MILK till 6 months. Look for other expenses and cut down on them so your babies milk is sorted.

I did combination feeding and we still used a can in 4 days so I can understand the 3 days! Infact your boy tried grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iaatmgirl: 10:59pm On Feb 02, 2019
nwarosa:
Please FTM here o!

My son is 10 weeks old. Breastmilk has long since stopped flowing so we are purely on formula. My challenge is that a tin lasts less than 3 days and his consumption seems to be increasing and he eats every one hour plus. This isn't pocket friendly plus the formula doesn't hold him for long . What can I do to supplement his food.. Is it okay to introduce pap right now?

Evening

Just thinking. You're 10weeks pp. If there is no unusual reason for the breast milk that has stopped flowing, can't something be done to restart the flow of the milk. Lactation cookies, teas, pap, fenugreek n others?

Why not give them a try. It wud save you a lot. 10 weeks is too young for anything other than milk.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chinnybaby99: 7:23am On Feb 03, 2019
Breast milk does not stop flowing. But when you introduce formula, it will reduce and the more your baby does not suck the more it reduces until it stops. I'm talking from experience. I thought my bm stopped flowing but when we went for 6 weeks immunization,my baby refused bottle and I had to give him bm which was not flowing well and b4 u know it. I was so surprised. Bf is a thing of the mind. Just relax and breastfeed make sure your baby latches on well. Drink lots of water because bm is mainly water. U can take pap, tea and lactation cookies as some mentioned. Eat healthy to avoid dizziness after Bf. Get a lot of rest and relax your mind. You can do it. I understand mothers fear of babies being malnourished but The more babies suck the more bm flows but when you introduce bottle they will start becoming lazy to suck and bring out milk since formula is easier to suck. U can also express your milk too with breast pump. If not for medical reasons or any other reason, breast milk is the best for babies till 6months. It's not expensive and tedious like formula feeding. But if you can not Bf u can do formula so far baby is healthy. Don't think you are a failed mother if u can't Bf. After all when the kids grow no one will ask if they were breast fed or formula fed. I wish mums all the best.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chirolechick: 8:58am On Feb 03, 2019
Good morning mamas, has anyone here ever bought the August secret’s chubby baby cookbook?

My picky eater is giving me grey hair, I need to seek information biko, please is the book worth it, make person no go troway money
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chinnybaby99: 9:48am On Feb 03, 2019
Please I officially sign into this thread. I actually stumbled on it by mistake after looking for ways to enhance breastfeeding. Lol. I enjoyed my time at pregnant or not thread with wonderful mums and their advice. Ppl like Adorablewifey, zaynie, pearl, and a host of wonderful people. So I believe I will learn a lot here from everyone. I'm a ftm. Please what can I do for constipated baby on formula and bf?

9 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 11:10am On Feb 03, 2019
Chinnybaby99:
Please I officially sign into this thread. I actually stumbled on it by mistake after looking for ways to enhance breastfeeding. Lol. I enjoyed my time at pregnant or not thread with wonderful mums and their advice. Ppl like Adorablewifey, zaynie, pearl, and a host of wonderful people. So I believe I will learn a lot here from everyone. I'm a ftm. Please what can I do for constipated baby on formula and bf?

How do u know ur baby is constipated?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 11:10am On Feb 03, 2019
Chinnybaby99:

Water, warm water first thing in the morning helps. How old is your baby and how do you know she is constipated?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 12:20pm On Feb 03, 2019
Happy Sunday mamas
Enjoy this beautiful Sunday afternoon kiss

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 1:48pm On Feb 03, 2019
Chinnybaby99:

Welcome on board kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nwarosa: 3:41pm On Feb 03, 2019
iaatmgirl:

Evening

Just thinking. You're 10weeks pp. If there is no unusual reason for the breast milk that has stopped flowing, can't something be done to restart the flow of the milk. Lactation cookies, teas, pap, fenugreek n others?

Why not give them a try. It wud save you a lot. 10 weeks is too young for anything other than milk.
We had problems with latching and I wasn't quick to get my breast milk flowing. My baby had jaundice and so they started feeding him formula from a bottle. Eventually when my milk came in, he couldn't latch and didn't have patience too. I expressed for a long while and even had enough to store but now he's appetite is such that I couldn't keep up. But now the pump doesnt draw milk much. And the baby won't suck to draw the milk either. So we are fully dependent on formula now.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 4:54pm On Feb 03, 2019
Chirolechick:
Good morning mamas, has anyone here ever bought the August secret’s chubby baby cookbook?

My picky eater is giving me grey hair, I need to seek information biko, please is the book worth it, make person no go troway money
Hunniesuzzie bought it. Enque I thought you had one too, you people should come and do review. Ijebu did not allow me buy.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 4:57pm On Feb 03, 2019
ifyalways:
Happy new year Phlakkeys. E ku jo meta cheesy

Beyedew, May God in his own way comfort you and your family.

Giddy giddy, how's vigilante and bobo?

Glam ma did not call me akpa akpu today, little victories cheesy. We are fine, how is ala bekee.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chirolechick: 6:31pm On Feb 03, 2019
Oh really, thanks mama, kisses to the babies, mamas epp o, daalu

Giddyperson:

Hunniesuzzie bought it. Enque I thought you had one too, you people should come and do review. Ijebu did not allow me buy.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 6:34pm On Feb 03, 2019
Hubby bought a big basket of tomatoes a week b4 i came back. He washed and froze them. I figure it would last us a couple of months and I want to know how best to preserve them. Should i leave them frozen or i should grind b4 freezing or i should grind and boil b4 freezing. Our electricity supply is good enough.

Cc: liftedhands, Zaynie, armorprincess, hunniesuzzie, Jgracious.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by GODSMILEFOREVER: 6:54pm On Feb 03, 2019
Good evening mamas in the house. Please I need help , my baby is three months+ and I started seeing my period a month after delivery this month, am three days late.I used pregnancy strip test yesterday and it showed negative. Could it be that am pregnant. Help a first time mum.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 6:55pm On Feb 03, 2019
Chirolechick:

Is d book u bought the same as the one in d pic i attached?
That's the one i got in 2017, there are actually nice recipes u can try in the book tho.
Just be patient wt ur Lo, seeing dt u mentioned picky eating.

I have kept it for her aburo

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by poshestmina(f): 8:11pm On Feb 03, 2019
Good evening mamas in the house .pls my baby has being having serious rashes .they keep saying it's heat rashes.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by goldenHelen(f): 8:30pm On Feb 03, 2019
poshestmina:
Good evening mamas in the house .pls my baby has being having serious rashes .they keep saying it's heat rashes.
Try Raving Rising Baby Powder on his skin it will clear it in a short while
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chirolechick: 8:38pm On Feb 03, 2019
Oh thanks, I haven’t bought though, wanted to be sure it was worth it before I buy, I’ll go ahead and buy and hope it has solutions to my problem cry

cool
enque:

Is d book u bought the same as the one in d pic i attached?
That's the one i got in 2017, there are actually nice recipes u can try in the book tho.
Just be patient wt ur Lo, seeing dt u mentioned picky eating.

I have kept it for her aburo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 9:47pm On Feb 03, 2019
Giddyperson:
Hubby bought a big basket of tomatoes a week b4 i came back. He washed and froze them. I figure it would last us a couple of months and I want to know how best to preserve them. Should i leave them frozen or i should grind b4 freezing or i should grind and boil b4 freezing. Our electricity supply is good enough.

Either way is fine

I usually blend, and boil before freezing

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 9:49pm On Feb 03, 2019
Giddyperson:

Cc: liftedh..ands, Za..ynie, armorp..rincess, hunnies..uzzie, Jgrac.ious.

ummm..all the methods you mentioned are very ok.

For me, i'm very used to grinding, boiling to reduce water content and then freezing till when i need it.

However, since electricity supply is good in your area, you can leave it just as you met it frozen but portion into freezer bags so you don't have to defrost everything each time you need to use it.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anugod(f): 9:52pm On Feb 03, 2019
Giddyperson:

I bought half a big basket of tomatoes beginning of December last year. I grinded, boiled a little, sieved out the water and packed in my freezer. I gave my mum out of it, used it for all my Christmas cooking, and I just used the last batch for bulk cooking of stew yesterday. I did same with pepper and it saves me so much stress. I only bring out to defrost some hours before using.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 9:52pm On Feb 03, 2019
poshestmina:

Encourage yourself to visit a doctor so the rash can be examined and treated appropriately.

Cheers
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 9:55pm On Feb 03, 2019
Giddyperson:

I usually blend and boil to dryness before I freeze to retain some freshness.
Whenever I blend and freeze by the time I bring it out, there is always one nonsense separation of water and pepper that happens. angry

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 9:57pm On Feb 03, 2019
GODSMILEFOREVER:
Good evening mamas in the house. Please I need help , my baby is three months+ and I started seeing my period a month after delivery this month, am three days late.I used pregnancy strip test yesterday and it showed negative. Could it be that am pregnant. Help a first time mum.

Your body hasn't settled down.
Since strip says negative then you are most likely negative.
Quick and do FP to avoid all this e be like say story,

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 9:59pm On Feb 03, 2019
GODSMILEFOREVER:

It is possible grin shey dats what you want to hear tongue

Anyways, i think your body is still trying to adjust. Go for a suitable family planning method to avoid mind stress

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by phunmie306: 10:02pm On Feb 03, 2019
Chinnybaby99:

For constipated baby, what worked for my lo was I reduced the quantity of milk written on the pack and increased the water, like 40:60 ratio and it relieved my lo of constipation.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 10:14pm On Feb 03, 2019
Chirolechick:

P is for picky-eater as P is for patience.
Quite frustrating especially if you don't have enough time.

I dont have the AS cookbook though but I have hundreds of baby/toddler recipes of which i only tried a few before i got tired.

What helped me is getting to know the few foods he really likes and thats what i keep giving. I sometimes sneak in other foods without making it obvious.

He gets to try other foods when i'm eating my own food or i put in his bag for creche. I noticed eating at the creche is fun for him but at home, na to dey run marathon upandan.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gr8fulHeart(f): 10:37pm On Feb 03, 2019
Giddyperson. U cud also try storing d grinded tomatoes in ziploc bags and store in your fridge.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:54pm On Feb 03, 2019
Good evening beautiful mummies, I have a 2 months old son that is on exclusive breastfeeding(without water too), for the past 3 days he has been stooling and I do change his diaper up to 7-8 times a day. The poo is watery and greenish in colour. Though he's looking so healthy and people hardly believe he's just 2months but am worried because of the frequent poo. I have stopped taking tea and other beverages thinking it's the cause.please what can I give him to reduce the poo
Number 2 question is how can I clean his whitish tongue, I read it here that it can be cleaned by dipping cotton wool or small clean towel inside warm water and gently rub it. Hmmm the day I tried it on my son, the whole neighbourhood heard his voice because he was just screaming. Please how do I clean it without him crying. God bless you for your time

(1) (2) (3) ... (2070) (2071) (2072) (2073) (2074) (2075) (2076) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.