Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,000 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2076) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4403864 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2073) (2074) (2075) (2076) (2077) (2078) (2079) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Darsty99: 11:27pm On Feb 04, 2019
Anugod:
This same thing happened to my mum. Immediately after she had me, she took fp pills. Hers was not implanon tho, hers was pills. She developed goitre and it was discovered that it was caused by the pills. She had that thing for years till she went for surgery to remove it. She since warned me not to take pills.
Too bad..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lilliesbud12: 11:31pm On Feb 04, 2019
eksbabe:
URGENT PLEASE!!!!
Hello mummies, please i need help.
My 18 Month old has been having difficulty pooping for a while now. He can go two days without pooping because it is usually hard. He strains, runs around the house and cry before passing it out. It’s becoming worrisome because i give him oranges everyday to ease it but it still comes out really hard and painful.
I’m suspecting cerelac or custard as the culprits but i havent been able to establish it because i have tried to take out these two from his diet but sometimes it comes Out hard.
Other foods he takes are potato, noodles, pasta, rice and the likes. We hardly do swallow.
What can i do please? I need a lasting solution asap oo.
sorry about it all. he'll be fine by God's grace.
I know Bournvita or cadbury beverages caused difficulty in stooling for my son then. just sharing my experience. it may be able relevant. All the best
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Halcyon123(f): 12:39am On Feb 05, 2019
shocked shocked seriously serious shocked shocked?Me that ran aways from implanon cos it blew me uo and I was tired of the 'Your fat comment'.Switched to pills and now dis?Abeg,make e jump pass me,biko I can't deal
Anugod:
This same thing happened to my mum. Immediately after she had me, she took fp pills. Hers was not implanon tho, hers was pills. She developed goitre and it was discovered that it was caused by the pills. She had that thing for years till she went for surgery to remove it. She since warned me not to take pills.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eksbabe(f): 4:42am On Feb 05, 2019
TheClulssHomakr:

Eiya. Constipation is no fun even for adults how much more your precious son. My first suggestion would be for you to give him lots of water, instead of just orange, you can mix it with water. This is to encourage him to drink more.
Look into his diet also, the constipation is likely to be linked to his water intake/meals. Also check this baby centre link: https://www.babycenter.com/0_constipation-in-toddlers_11419.bc It has a whole lot of suggestions and hopefully you'll find information to help you there.
Thank you.
You see that water ehnn he takes a lot. I even allow him take water while eating even though that may cause him not to finish his food. Let me go through this link, i hope it helps me.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eksbabe(f): 4:45am On Feb 05, 2019
Darsty99:

You can add vegetables to his meal. He can take rice and vegetables instead of stew. Add vegetables in his potatoes and noodles . To me, it works faster than fruits. Fruits are also essential though
Thank you.
True i dont give him much vegetables. But i will try it now.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eksbabe(f): 4:52am On Feb 05, 2019
Lilliesbud12:

sorry about it all. he'll be fine by God's grace.
I know Bournvita or cadbury beverages caused difficulty in stooling for my son then. just sharing my experience. it may be able relevant. All the best
Amen, thank you.
We have stopped beverages for a while now because of this constipation.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 8:20am On Feb 05, 2019
Pls stop putting glucose in your baby's water
What does he eat? His poo is supposed to be like egusi. Give water before meals, when he's hungry. The only thing he should be taking is Breastmilk/formula and water (if formula fed)
Also watch your own diet. Eat healthy, drink lots of water

Chinnybaby99:

Thanks mummy enque, mummy rvpbae and mummy zaynie
My baby is 8 weeks old. He always strains and struggles and ends up pooing adult like poo. He does not poo unless his diaper is removed because of the thick pasty nature of his poo. He hates water with or without glucose in it but I will force him to take more water. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 8:24am On Feb 05, 2019
Huhuhu, I will use the same DHL you used for Anubaby's party pack

How is she? Hope you have not been chopping her hair when she's sleeping?

Speaking of which where is Nimi22?

Anugod:
Simple. Just use DHL. kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 8:26am On Feb 05, 2019
That one sef is major

That's all I am doing for any child till he/she is 5 abeg, I cannot comman kill myself away danu

Bloomingbud:

Nothing major o my sis, just photoshoot and party pack for crèche. We are on very tight budget in fact if not that they have collect pack I wouldn't have bothered about crèche self.

Oya o we are expecting you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anugod(f): 8:28am On Feb 05, 2019
Halcyon123:
shocked shocked seriously serious shocked shocked?Me that ran aways from implanon cos it blew me uo and I was tired of the 'Your fat comment'.Switched to pills and now dis?Abeg,make e jump pass me,biko I can't deal
Bodies differ, so it doesn't affect everyone the same way. My mum felt since she reacted to it, it was best for me to be on the safe side of avoidance. Thank God CD & billings method has been working for me. grin Make we dey manage that one dey go fess cheesy

Some giddypeople praying for it to fail wee be disappointed in 2019 grin grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anugod(f): 8:32am On Feb 05, 2019
hunniesuzie:
Huhuhu, I will use the same DHL you used for Anubaby's party pack

How is she? Hope you have not been chopping her hair when she's sleeping?

Speaking of which where is Nimi22?

grin grin Anubaby is fine, just ijogbon dah wee nor let us see road. embarassed embarassed

Nimi22 is fine o, don't mind her. She's more busy on the other side, she has taken to another love and forgotten her first love Nairaland. undecided cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by perfectcrown(f): 9:00am On Feb 05, 2019
Anugod:
Bodies differ, so it doesn't affect everyone the same way. My mum felt since she reacted to it, it was best for me to be on the safe side of avoidance. Thank God CD & billings method has been working for me. grin Make we dey manage that one dey go fess cheesy

Some giddypeople praying for it to fail wee be disappointed in 2019 grin grin

Oh goodness me!

I hv this goitre too o but not soo obvious. Noticed it when i was on jadelle and i added weight like kilode! But i noticed dat since i removed it(im on pills now),its not as visible as it used to be and ive lost much weight(cus of bleeding).

Hey God help women oo

Btw,what do u mean by "billings method"? Oya sama me biko
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ifyalways(f): 9:11am On Feb 05, 2019
@Zaynie, what does PM's husband do?

If he's unemployed and/or not doing anything, it's a disaster o and any petty business PM starts now from my experience is gonna go down in a matter of time because feeding and taking care of the whole family from a just starting up petty trade ain't no joke especially since the husband is not employed and bringing in guaranteed income at the end of the month.

If none of them is employed, I'm sorry if this does not go down well with anyone, but what they truly need is a job for one of them. They will budget, manage,stay accountable and live within their means if they are living on an income as opposed to petty trading whereby there's no accountability per say and gradually but steadily, they will spend both profit and capital and go back to square one. It's a different ball game entirely if it were an established business.

So, what does the husband do? What does she do herself or was she doing before?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anugod(f): 9:19am On Feb 05, 2019
perfectcrown:

Oh goodness me!

I hv this goitre too o but not soo obvious. Noticed it when i was on jadelle and i added weight like kilode! But i noticed dat since i removed it(im on pills now),its not as visible as it used to be and ive lost much weight(cus of bleeding).

Hey God help women oo

Btw,what do u mean by "billings method"? Oya sama me biko
Billings method is simply taking note of ovulation period and avoiding sex on fertile days. It means using ovulation to calculate safe days for sex. On unsafe days, CDs can be used.
Tho it's not 100% failproof, as with other forms of birth control. But for me, so far, so good grin cheesy

May God help us women jare
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 9:19am On Feb 05, 2019
ifyalways:
@Zaynie, what does PM's husband do?

If he's unemployed and/or not doing anything, it's a disaster o and any petty business PM starts now from my experience is gonna go down in a matter of time because feeding and taking care of the whole family from a just starting up petty trade ain't no joke especially since the husband is not employed and bringing in guaranteed income at the end of the month.

If none of them is employed, I'm sorry if this does not go down well with anyone, but what they truly need is a job for one of them. They will budget, manage,stay accountable and live within their means if they are living on an income as opposed to petty trading whereby there's no accountability per say and gradually but steadily, they will spend both profit and capital and go back to square one. It's a different ball game entirely if it were an established business.

So, what does the husband do? What does she do herself or was she doing before?

I'll be back to answer these.
I'm at work.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by perfectcrown(f): 9:37am On Feb 05, 2019
Anugod:
Billings method is simply taking note of ovulation period and avoiding sex on fertile days. It means using ovulation to calculate safe days for sex. On unsafe days, CDs can be used.
Tho it's not 100% failproof, as with other forms of birth control. But for me, so far, so good grin cheesy

May God help us women jare

Oh i see! Thanks sis.
My period is so cycle is soooo messed uo now cause of the bleeding i had cause of thr jadelle and later iud. Oh God,these two messed me up big time! When my period resumes,i can then calculate.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lioha(f): 9:39am On Feb 05, 2019
Awof no go run my belle at all grin grin

Is there any where in lagos one can get the one year immunizations free of charge . cool cool
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 10:13am On Feb 05, 2019
huhuhuhuhuhuhu

huhuhu

huhu

hu

grin

lioha:

Is there any where in lagos one can get the one year immunizations free of charge . cool cool
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 10:31am On Feb 05, 2019
Anugod:

Some giddypeople praying for it to fail will surely witness the birth of Anubabyboy in 2019 grin grin
Amen
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 11:14am On Feb 05, 2019
eksbabe:
URGENT PLEASE!!!!
My 18 Month old has been having difficulty pooping for a while now. He can go two days without pooping because it is usually hard. He strains, runs around the house and cry before passing it out. It’s becoming worrisome because i give him oranges everyday to ease it but it still comes out really hard and painful.
I’m suspecting cerelac or custard as the culprits but i havent been able to establish it because i have tried to take out these two from his diet but sometimes it comes out hard.
Other foods he takes are potato, noodles, pasta, rice and the likes. We hardly do swallow.

Oats or pineapples works for us all the time.
you can buy prunes/plums too.

https://www.momjunction.com/articles/foods-help-relieve-constipation-kids_0074849/?amp=1
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by redsocks(f): 11:44am On Feb 05, 2019
babythug:

Palm oil and sugar
Thanks dear. We r already on it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bloomingbud(f): 12:18pm On Feb 05, 2019
lioha:

I'm waiting for anyone that will respond to this o, we are seeking the awoof together.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jumy16: 12:55pm On Feb 05, 2019
happy new year, and new month mama's... it's been long....was busy ni ooo,
have a blessed days......
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anitaamich: 1:54pm On Feb 05, 2019
Please mamas, I want to ask question about family planning.. I went to health Centre for consultation but didn’t get any useful answer. Is it wise for someone that battled with hormonal imbalance(PCOS) before childbirth to go on implant? One of the nurses told me birth control corrects hormonal imbalance but I’m having doubts about that.. will it worsen it, I would’ve gone for Billings method but my cycle was so irregular before I gave birth, so I’m kinda confused? Can someone with PCOS be on any kind of family planning/birth control? Please don’t read and pass.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 3:20pm On Feb 05, 2019
lioha:

cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 3:22pm On Feb 05, 2019
jumy16:
happy new year, and new month mama's... it's been long....was busy ni ooo,

have a blessed days......
Hey teamie long time, how are you n family doing
Happy new month
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Meeeeey: 3:47pm On Feb 05, 2019
Anitaamich:
Please mamas, I want to ask question about family planning.. I went to health Centre for consultation but didn’t get any useful answer. Is it wise for someone that battled with hormonal imbalance(PCOS) before childbirth to go on implant? One of the nurses told me birth control corrects hormonal imbalance but I’m having doubts about that.. will it worsen it, I would’ve gone for Billings method but my cycle was so irregular before I gave birth, so I’m kinda confused? Can someone with PCOS be on any kind of family planning/birth control? Please don’t read and pass.

I had hormonal imbalance (very irregular period) when I was in my teens n d Dr gave me family planning pills for 2 months. It corrected it for a while.

Before I took in my period was still irregular, I did d 2 months injection family planning and after d 2 months my period and ovulation has been so constant. It has never been this constant, for d past 3 cycles.

I think you can give it a try
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anitaamich: 6:16pm On Feb 05, 2019
Meeeeey:

I had hormonal imbalance (very irregular period) when I was in my teens n d Dr gave me family planning pills for 2 months. It corrected it for a while.

Before I took in my period was still irregular, I did d 2 months injection family planning and after d 2 months my period and ovulation has been so constant. It has never been this constant, for d past 3 cycles.

I think you can give it a try

Wow.. thank you for your reply smiley please did u take the injection before or after childbirth? what’s the name of the injection so I can read and make enquiry about it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Meeeeey: 7:56pm On Feb 05, 2019
Anitaamich:

Wow.. thank you for your reply smiley please did u take the injection before or after childbirth? what’s the name of the injection so I can read and make enquiry about it.

After child birth. I have forgotten the name but it's d 2 months injectable family planning.

Someone has mentioned d name here before
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 8:32pm On Feb 05, 2019
eksbabe:
Amen, thank you.
We have stopped beverages for a while now because of this constipation.

No matter what you do if veggies arent incorporated,
1 gallon of water will do nada.You see carrots and ugu,make it and huge part of his meals.Veggies soften poop more than fruits and water.

You see bananas,bread and milk,milo,rice etc reduce it or give him fruits/veggies soon after taking it of with it.Oats is powerfully fibre laden and will help the system moving.

Also try to give him warm water when you remember.my kids take it every morning then rush to their potties

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lioha(f): 9:28pm On Feb 05, 2019
Bloomingbud:

I'm waiting for anyone that will respond to this o, we are seeking the awoof together.

Iya beji! partner in awof gringrin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by phunmie306: 11:00pm On Feb 05, 2019
eksbabe:
URGENT PLEASE!!!!
I’m suspecting cerelac or custard as the culprits but i havent been able to establish it because i have tried to take out these two from his diet but sometimes it comes out hard.

Food rich in fibre works well for children with constipation e.g oat, Apple. Banana causes constipation for some children while it's also rich in fibre. So if you have been giving him banana, I will advice you reduce the quantity.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2073) (2074) (2075) (2076) (2077) (2078) (2079) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.