Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2074) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4400000 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2071) (2072) (2073) (2074) (2075) (2076) (2077) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chirolechick: 11:04pm On Feb 03, 2019
Thanks Nne, I’m trying to be patient, just worried how a 1 year old can live on just pap and frisogold cereal, any other food, we have to sweat it out and it majorly ends in disaster

JGracious:

P is for picky-eater as P is for patience.
Quite frustrating especially if you don't have enough time.

I dont have the AS cookbook though but I have hundreds of baby/toddler recipes of which i only tried a few before i got tired.

What helped me is getting to know the few foods he really likes and thats what i keep giving. I sometimes sneak in other foods without making it obvious.

He gets to try other foods when i'm eating my own food or i put in his bag for creche. I noticed eating at the creche is fun for him but at home, na to dey run marathon upandan.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 6:53am On Feb 04, 2019
Chirolechick:
Thanks Nne, I’m trying to be patient, just worried how a 1 year old can live on just pap and frisogold cereal, any other food, we have to sweat it out and it majorly ends in disaster

Awww, sorry dear
My daughter will be 3 in May but still a very annoying picky eater,she'll sight her plate and start crying when I'm dishing out her food or start telling me "mummy pizz no, I wa(don't) want"
We still take pap, custard , cereals etc. Like last night, after all the fight to eat, I gave up and prepared custard for her and she took it not without crying
I'm still waiting patiently for the change
I'm using the bro to console myself ni, that one is a foodie.

8 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chirolechick: 7:14am On Feb 04, 2019
Chai, and people have been deceiving me that she’ll change before she turns 2, let me go and wear my garment of patience

Btw, it’s weird but I love your daughter kiss

FloraEC:

Awww, sorry dear
My daughter will be 3 in May but still a very annoying picky eater,she'll sight her plate and start crying when I'm dishing out her food or start telling me "mummy pizz no, I wa(don't) want"
We still take pap, custard , cereals etc. Like last night, after all the fight to eat, I gave up and prepared custard for her and she took it not without crying
I'm still waiting patiently for the change
I'm using the bro to console myself ni, that one is a foodie.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bomgirl(f): 7:41am On Feb 04, 2019
Giddyperson:
Hubby bought a big basket of tomatoes a week b4 i came back. He washed and froze them. I figure it would last us a couple of months and I want to know how best to preserve them. Should i leave them frozen or i should grind b4 freezing or i should grind and boil b4 freezing. Our electricity supply is good enough.

Cc.
I know I'm late, but please grind it before freezing. If not, the tomatoes changes texture, the skin becomes tough and it's taste changes too. I learnt it the hard way when I bought a basket of quality UTC tomatoes. I hated it after it defrosted.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 7:53am On Feb 04, 2019
Bomgirl:

I know I'm late, but please grind it before freezing. If not, the tomatoes changes texture, the skin becomes tough and it's taste changes too. I learnt it the hard way when I bought a basket of quality UTC tomatoes. I hated it after it defrosted.
Thanks I will, I'd grind, boil and freeze since that's what everyone said cheesy

Thanks for the replies @all
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 8:21am On Feb 04, 2019
cc Chirolechick I didn't buy this new chubby wetin wetin oh. The one I bought is the original meal plan book from 6 months to 5 years. As to whether it's worth it, I don't know. Why don't you try the free recipes she shares on her page and see if you get results before investing in a book

My 2 kobo

Modiefied: the one pic Enque shared is the one I have, it's different from the chubby plan

Giddyperson:

Hunniesu.zzie bought it. Enq.ue I thought you had one too, you people should come and do review. Ijebu did not allow me buy.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 8:27am On Feb 04, 2019
Hi, If he likes pap make it very rich. Put crayfish, put fish. Mash bananas inside. Mash avocado inside. Boil egg and mash inside...if possible sef, blend chicken inside. Buy AS mixagrain and nuttymeal. Try to make the pap a little thicker (swallow but very very soft), put ewedu/okro with blended titus give him to eat. Try oats as well

He met you in the world, he cannot be smarter than you grin

My picky eater is 2 next week and we're still struggling, don't give up

Chirolechick:

4 Likes 7 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Frozenelsa(f): 8:32am On Feb 04, 2019
Mama zaynie, good morning. pls how can I reach you for the g.a?

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ifyalways(f): 8:44am On Feb 04, 2019
Giddyperson:

Glam ma did not call me akpa akpu today, little victories cheesy. We are fine, how is ala bekee.
Rejoice ye not. I'm molding your face for my akpu business, ga gwa ndi yardi unu cheesy

8 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bloomingbud(f): 8:49am On Feb 04, 2019
hunniesuzie:
Hi, If he likes pap make it very rich. Put crayfish, put fish. Mash bananas inside. Mash avocado inside. Boil egg and mash inside...if possible sef, blend chicken inside. Buy AS mixagrain and nuttymeal. Try to make the pap a little thicker (swallow but very very soft), put ewedu/okro with blended titus give him to eat. Try oats as well

This month o, we are in February already.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:45am On Feb 04, 2019
munarule:
Good evening beautiful mummies, I have a 2 months old son that is on exclusive breastfeeding(without water too), for the past 3 days he has been stooling and I do change his diaper up to 7-8 times a day. The poo is watery and greenish in colour. Though he's looking so healthy and people hardly believe he's just 2months but am worried because of the frequent poo. I have stopped taking tea and other beverages thinking it's the cause.please what can I give him to reduce the poo
Number 2 question is how can I clean his whitish tongue, I read it here that it can be cleaned by dipping cotton wool or small clean towel inside warm water and gently rub it. Hmmm the day I tried it on my son, the whole neighbourhood heard his voice because he was just screaming. Please how do I clean it without him crying. God bless you for your time
Please don't read and pass ndi nne oma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chirolechick: 9:48am On Feb 04, 2019
Chai, the child hates milk eh, once she tastes it in her papbor cereal, she throws it up, I’ve gone the crayfish orishirishiri route and I tell you, it was a disaster, she turned 1 last month and still hasn’t tripled her birth weigh of 3.2kg, God please my next baby should not be picky, I can’t be dancing and singing on my life to just feed somebody na cry which kind life,

Thanks a lot, I’ll improvise, she likes purée though but I don’t know how to pack it for her to crèche, I only give her weekends when I can do it fresh, if you keep avacado eg it discolors after a while so I just put cereal and pap for her to school

hunniesuzie:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 9:55am On Feb 04, 2019
Hehehe, yes oh Iya ibeji, hope we're prepping for the big 1 in a major way?

Bloomingbud:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 9:59am On Feb 04, 2019
Try moringa, it's a good source of calcium for kids (I learnt this from another mama who gives her daughter but I don't know how she adds it), read up on it
You can pack purees, just make sure they give her first before any other food

Chirolechick:
Chai, the child hates milk eh, once she tastes it in her papbor cereal, she throws it up, I’ve gone the crayfish orishirishiri route and I tell you, it was a disaster, she turned 1 last month and still hasn’t tripled her birth weigh of 3.2kg, God please my next baby should not be picky, I can’t be dancing and singing on my life to just feed somebody na cry which kind life,

Thanks a lot, I’ll improvise, she likes purée though but I don’t know how to pack it for her to crèche, I only give her weekends when I can do it fresh, if you keep avacado eg it discolors after a while so I just put cereal and pap for her to school

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AllGadgetsNG: 10:02am On Feb 04, 2019
AllGadgetsNG:
Contact 07066697724 for details or orders!!!

New Arrival!!! Kinyo SINGLE & DOUBLE SuperFast Electric Breast Pump!!!

Single: 17,000
Double: 25,000

Watch video on pump here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcVyNsSXKtY

If you want a product that is fast, gets the job done quickly, light weight and easy to carry, then Kinyo Superfast Electric breast pump is exactly what you need. You can either plug your pump into the mains when you’re at home, or use with batteries when you want to express away from home.
Most Breast Pumps around have a pressure pump rate of 80 – 200 mmHg. The Kinyo Superfast breast pump capacity ranges from 130mmHg to 340mmHg; this means it is extra fast, yet gentle on you. It is light and easy to carry around, delivering high pumping capacity that gets the job done quickly, quietly and gently.

Manufactured in China, to American Standards. Backed by 12 Months Warranty.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 10:06am On Feb 04, 2019
ifyalways:

Rejoice ye not. I'm molding your face for my akpu business, ga gwa ndi yardi unu cheesy

Lmao that's not even a woman's face cry cry cry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anugod(f): 10:12am On Feb 04, 2019
hunniesuzie:

My picky eater is 2 next week
Bloomingbud:

Yaaay! Gbogbo parries. I'm booking for my cake, party jollof and shikin plus parry packs in advance.
Thank yous kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 10:17am On Feb 04, 2019
munarule:

Sorry for the late reply. Green watery frequent poop on a baby that young is not good at all. How long has it gone on for, take him to the hospital.

For the tongue, you could use a washcloth cuz it does a better and faster work than cotton wool.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 10:22am On Feb 04, 2019
Anugod:

Yaaay! Gbogbo parries. I'm booking for my cake, party jollof and shikin plus parry packs in advance.
Thank yous kiss
You are not even in Lagos.

So as she was saying... I'm booking cake, party jollof and shikin plus parry packs in advance. Thank you kiss

Cc bloomigbud and hunniesuzzie
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 10:28am On Feb 04, 2019
Chirolechick:
Chai, and people have been deceiving me that she’ll change before she turns 2, let me go and wear my garment of patience

Btw, it’s weird but I love your daughter kiss

Thanks dear

Add endurance to it. Lolzz
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chirolechick: 10:43am On Feb 04, 2019
Thanks mama, will do as advised

hunniesuzie:
Try moringa, it's a good source of calcium for kids (I learnt this from another mama who gives her daughter but I don't know how she adds it), read up on it
You can pack purees, just make sure they give her first before any other food

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chirolechick: 10:43am On Feb 04, 2019
Yes o, thanks a lot

FloraEC:

Thanks dear

Add endurance to it. Lolzz

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 10:49am On Feb 04, 2019
Giddyperson:
Hubby bought a big basket of tomatoes a week b4 i came back. He washed and froze them. I figure it would last us a couple of months and I want to know how best to preserve them. Should i leave them frozen or i should grind b4 freezing or i should grind and boil b4 freezing. Our electricity supply is good enough.

Cc: lifted hands, Za ynie, armorpri ncess, hunni esuzzie, Jgr acious.
Since its in the freezer already leave it frozen, pour hot water over the quantity you want to use and peel off the skin before blending. It will be thick and pasty without need of boiling or frying for long.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anugod(f): 10:50am On Feb 04, 2019
Giddyperson:

So as she was saying... I'm booking cake, party jollof and shikin plus parry packs in advance. Thank you kiss

Cc bloomig bud and hunnies uzzie
See this wan. angry Comot from my front biko, goan face vigilante tongue
Whatever happened to waybilling?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 10:55am On Feb 04, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Giddyperson:

Cc bloomigbud and hunniesuzzie

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 10:59am On Feb 04, 2019
All the people doing birthday comman book me for your cakes grin cheesy cheesy we are having a month's bonaza. Free cake of your choice,just ingredient money shikina cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin.

Free wine for Valentine's cake kiss kiss kiss kiss

hunniesuzie completey and other February mamas grin grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 11:09am On Feb 04, 2019
munarule:

My son had same. Everybody made me believe he was teething, after like 5days of ors and zinc on my part, i went to d hospital. It was an infection and we were given drugs which stopped it all.

I soak wash cloth in hot water, allow it cool and use to clean d mouth. It works better. It is definitely not a painful thing na.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bloomingbud(f): 11:31am On Feb 04, 2019
hunniesuzie:
Hehehe, yes oh Iya ibeji, hope we're prepping for the big 1 in a major way?

Nothing major o my sis, just photoshoot and party pack for crèche. We are on very tight budget in fact if not that they have collect pack I wouldn't have bothered about crèche self.
Anugod:

Thank yous kiss

Oya o we are expecting you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:44am On Feb 04, 2019
rvpbae:

My son had same. Everybody made me believe he was teething, after like 5days of ors and zinc on my part, i went to d hospital. It was an infection and we were given drugs which stopped it all.

I soak wash cloth in hot water, allow it cool and use to clean d mouth. It works better. It is definitely not a painful thing na.
Thank you mami. My mum said I should give him diastop that there's no need taking him to hospital. And please ma, is your son also 2 months old? God bless you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:46am On Feb 04, 2019
Giddyperson:

Sorry for the late reply. Green watery frequent poop on a baby that young is not good at all. How long has it gone on for, take him to the hospital.

For the tongue, you could use a washcloth cuz it does a better and faster work than cotton wool.
God bless you ma, my mum advised o give him diastop and there's no need taking him to hospital. Am just worried
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 11:58am On Feb 04, 2019
Come lemme bake for you kiss kiss kiss
Bloomingbud:

Nothing major o my sis, just photoshoot and party pack for crèche. We are on very tight budget in fact if not that they have collect pack I wouldn't have bothered about crèche self.

Oya o we are expecting you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by perfectcrown(f): 12:00pm On Feb 04, 2019
munarule:

Thank you mami. My mum said I should give him diastop that there's no need taking him to hospital. And please ma, is your son also 2 months old? God bless you

Diastop is good but not for children under 2 years ma.

Please take your baby to the hospital ma.
Pele

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2071) (2072) (2073) (2074) (2075) (2076) (2077) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.