Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,911 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:18 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4394279 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2109) (2110) (2111) (2112) (2113) (2114) (2115) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rabluk(f): 4:25pm On Mar 22, 2019
rvpbae:

Stop the ori and watch her for now. Ori might be too heavy in this heat.
Ok tx mama
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 5:11pm On Mar 22, 2019
Looks like a reaction, please suspend all products except the baby tribotan for now

The scaly thing on her head sounds like cradle cap and your solution is adequate

Confirm the quality of the coconut oil you're using. What soap do you use for her?

rabluk:
Good morning mamas. Please come to my aid. See pix of rashes on baby's face. She's 5weeks plus. Her head also have the dry scaly thing like dandruff. Been using cocnut oil n combing that. But I'm very concerned abt the face especially the whiter part that keeps spreading. Started baby tribotan on doc prescription but it's not changing the whiter part.
Pls sabi mamas advise pls.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 5:23pm On Mar 22, 2019
Josh121:
Hello Mamas , please ooo i need help , my daughter is a year plus , we have not cut her hair I actually dont want to cut her hair , now the problem is the hair is not growing well , my wife is on my neck to cut the hair , please is there anything one can use to help her hair grow rapidly or most one cut her hair for it to grow equal .
Thanks in advance

Hi daddy.
We have a hair care line that caters for children's hair.
It's 6500N and contains a shampoo, a rinse out conditioner, a leave in conditioner, hair butter and hair growth oil.
But even with using all these please try to do only protective hair styles for her (weaves and attachment are a big NO, adding relaxer or texturizer too)
I believe you will certainly see changes.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tabithaola(f): 5:29pm On Mar 22, 2019
julieeni:
Good morning mothers/mothers to be, I woke up this morning with serious body pain...My LO is a year and 4months but he will not give me breathing space except when he’s asleep and to sleep again na problem, I must sing all the songs I know, then just when I think he has slept to lie him down, sir chief will open his eye like torch... He follows me everywhere crying, I only bathe and poo when he’s asleep, to wee sef na problem, I carry him when I’m doing chores, I cant leave him behind even when I go shopping. I’ve lost so much weight, I look pale and unkept, my hair doesn’t last cos oga will drag everything out and he is not walking yet. Pls the attachment is too much I need solution before I break all my bones.

Sorry dear, but I'll advice you take him to crèche for a start. You need rest and time to yourself please. Sometimes,we just have to close our eyes and be strong to take certain decisions. My essence starts crèche this week and it was a difficult decision for me because she doesn't take food other than breast milk at 6 months. Dearie,madam now takes pap with milk wella and hubby and I were told to get cereals yesterday which she ate well today. This is a babe that wasn't even taking from me but now eats well within the space of a week. You'll definitely miss him but those few hours he'll spend there will be more than refreshing to you. Please take that bold step coz you really need rest biko.

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 5:38pm On Mar 22, 2019
Rabluk, if you use hot water to bathe her, then I suggest you stop that too.
Might be heat rashes.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rabluk(f): 5:42pm On Mar 22, 2019
hunniesuzie:
Looks like a reaction, please suspend all products except the baby tribotan for now

The scaly thing on her head sounds like cradle cap and your solution is adequate

Confirm the quality of the coconut oil you're using. What soap do you use for her?

Mil brought the coconut oil n i think its good. I use dove soap for her as recommended by the hospital. They said it's mild for babies. The white patch is only on her cheeks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rabluk(f): 5:45pm On Mar 22, 2019
zaynie:
Rabluk, if you use hot water to bathe her, then I suggest you stop that too.
Might be heat rashes.
Ok sis. Tx ma'am

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ayauche(f): 6:52pm On Mar 22, 2019
[quote author=rabluk post=76891579]
Ok sis. Tx ma'am

Mama u can use mupiderm though its quite expensive but it worked like magic when DS also had a kind of rash all over at 6months.

@ julieeni: i agree with other mamas, take him to a creche and u will be back to testify. Its not easy at all

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by callola: 7:59pm On Mar 22, 2019
rabluk:
Good morning mamas. Please come to my aid. See pix of rashes on baby's face. She's 5weeks plus. Her head also have the dry scaly thing like dandruff. Been using cocnut oil n combing that. But I'm very concerned abt the face especially the whiter part that keeps spreading. Started baby tribotan on doc prescription but it's not changing the whiter part.
wow, the rash is much ooo. I used baby tribotan on my DD and her own is clearing we are just 3 weeks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by realpearl(f): 8:07pm On Mar 22, 2019
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rabluk(f): 8:41pm On Mar 22, 2019
[quote author=Ayauche post=76893308][/quote]
Noted ma. Tx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rabluk(f): 8:43pm On Mar 22, 2019
callola:
wow, the rash is much ooo. I used baby tribotan on my DD and her own is clearing we are just 3 weeks
Some clear on her forehead then reappears again. I'll continue tribotan for now
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anniebamba1(f): 8:56pm On Mar 22, 2019
When my DD was down with malaria, the doctor proscribed 17ml of antimalarial too. I'm not sure it's a mistake. But go back and ask to be sure.
realpearl:
Hello mama's in da house, am here again o with my plenty questions.
My DS is 7months old and has been having high temperature.
Took him to the hospital and the doctor gave us Artesunat and Emaquine.
But I have issues with the prescriptions
It say I should give him *17*ml of Artesunat 17 o not 7
And 8.5ml of Emaquine for 3days
Abeg make una no Waka pass
If 17 and 8.5ml not too much for a 7months old??!
Please help as I need to administer these drugs asap so he can feel better.
*NB: experienced mamas /pediatrician chook mouth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by julieeni(f): 9:21pm On Mar 22, 2019
tabithaola:

Sorry dear, but I'll advice you take him to crèche for a start. You need rest and time to yourself please. Sometimes,we just have to close our eyes and be strong to take certain decisions. My essence starts crèche this week and it was a difficult decision for me because she doesn't take food other than breast milk at 6 months. Dearie,madam now takes pap with milk wella and hubby and I were told to get cereals yesterday which she ate well today. This is a babe that wasn't even taking from me but now eats well within the space of a week. You'll definitely miss him but those few hours he'll spend there will be more than refreshing to you. Please take that bold step coz you really need rest biko.
thank you very much ma’am...He will start next month
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by veecovee: 9:24pm On Mar 22, 2019
GOD CAN ANSWER THAT YOUR PRAYER, OR FIGHT YOUR ENEMIES, ONLY IF YOU CAN MAKE HIM TO DO IT ...

https://www.nairaland.com/3560501/holineness-righteousness-revival-daily-messages/21#76844395
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 9:49pm On Mar 22, 2019
Aitee1:

Pls where can I find it, pharmacy or babies shop
Both stock it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 10:21pm On Mar 22, 2019
rabluk:
Aww poor child! Please let her skin breathe!! And stop all products. Looks like baby acne which clears on its own after a while. Avoid using hot water and excess clothing too! The heat these days is terrible.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MamaOO: 10:22pm On Mar 22, 2019
rabluk:
From the look of the rashes, it looks like baby acne. My 6 week old has/had it on his face, back and shoulders and his pediatrician initially said it was heat rash. I stopped wearing too many clothes for him and it persisted and that was she we discovered it was baby acne. Leave it alone, it will clear on its on in a few weeks or months. Mine is already almost gone. Adding ointments might aggravate it as it did with my first child.

As per the white flaky substance on the head like dandruff, I would guess and say it’s cradle cap. My first also had it. I tried so many things and what eventually cured it was bathing him with agbo. No kidding. But you can also try some anti cradle cap shampo like Selsun blue, Mustela or the likes. You can also use olive oil to saturate the scalp and tru combing it out gently. Pele.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MamaOO: 10:23pm On Mar 22, 2019
Liftedhands:
Aww poor child! Please let her skin breathe!! And stop all products. Looks like baby acne which clears on its own after a while. Avoid using hot water and excess clothing too! The heat these days is terrible.
You’re right sis. It’s baby acne and it clears without using any thing. Using any steroid or ointment might actually aggravate it.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 10:33pm On Mar 22, 2019
MamaOO:

You’re right sis. It’s baby acne and it clears without using any thing. Using any steroid or ointment might actually aggravate it.
Thought as much.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rabluk(f): 11:33pm On Mar 22, 2019
Liftedhands:
Thanks mama. Was told same when she had dem at one week. But keeps clearing n coming back. Each time more than the previous. Plus i heard the doc mention to her colleague (when i showed her the white patch) "this is what yorubas call eela" she didn't know i understood yoruba...that's y i got concerned.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rabluk(f): 11:36pm On Mar 22, 2019
MamaOO:

From the look of the rashes, it looks like baby acne. My 6 week old has/had it on his face, back and shoulders and his pediatrician initially said it was heat rash. I stopped wearing too many clothes for him and it persisted and that was she we discovered it was baby acne. Leave it alone, it will clear on its on in a few weeks or months. Mine is already almost gone. Adding ointments might aggravate it as it did with my first child.

As per the white flaky substance on the head like dandruff, I would guess and say it’s cradle cap. My first also had it. I tried so many things and what eventually cured it was bathing him with agbo. No kidding. But you can also try some anti cradle cap shampo like Selsun blue, Mustela or the likes. You can also use olive oil to saturate the scalp and tru combing it out gently. Pele.
Thanks mama. Noted
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MamaOO: 12:52am On Mar 23, 2019
rabluk:

Thanks mama. Was told same when she had dem at one week. But keeps clearing n coming back. Each time more than the previous. Plus i heard the doc mention to her colleague (when i showed her the white patch) "this is what yorubas call eela" she didn't know i understood yoruba...that's y i got concerned.
You’re right. It might also be eela. My first had it bad and the only thing that got rid of it was agbo eela that my sister had to bring for me. But for now, just watch it, it might only be baby acne.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Graciouscharis: 1:15am On Mar 23, 2019
realpearl:

thank you all for your replies kiss kiss kiss

there was no malaria test carried out o
I just explained the symptoms to him and he administered.
my DS is about 9.1kg
7months old.
The leaflet inside the drug says 10ml for the first day and 5ml subsequently for six days
while the pediatrician says 17ml for 3days.
Now am very confused,

If you explained the symptoms to an experienced Dr, he can actually prescribe some drugs for you especially if he's been your Dr and knows your medical history my paed does that and so far he's been 100% on point.
Concerning the dosage of the drug, I'll verify from the Pharmacy here tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by faithlucky(f): 1:56am On Mar 23, 2019
plz mamas in the huz don't waka and pass, my 4yrs daughter has been having catarrh, cough and high temperature. I have treated her of malaria and typhoid last year December coz she was very sick. I discovered yesterday that she is running temperature and very underweight, i don't know what to do ooo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by obinnanelson4(m): 7:01am On Mar 23, 2019
faithlucky:
plz mamas in the huz don't waka and pass, my 4yrs daughter has been having catarrh, cough and high temperature. I have treated her of malaria and typhoid last year December coz she was very sick. I discovered yesterday that she is running temperature and very underweight, i don't know what to do ooo
please go and see a doctor.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 7:09am On Mar 23, 2019
Wp
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 7:11am On Mar 23, 2019
faithlucky:
Hospital straight pls
Let them run another malaria test plus full blood count
Its well with her mama, pele
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Aitee1: 8:38am On Mar 23, 2019
Liftedhands:
Both stock it.

Okay thanks

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Joyfulgal: 8:39am On Mar 23, 2019
Goodmorning mummies, please I need your guide/suggestions /options between aptamil and enfanmil.

Which should I go for?

Can I combine both, like breakfast aptamil then lunch enfanmil?

Thanks all
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 11:22am On Mar 23, 2019
Joyfulgal:
Goodmorning mummies, please I need your guide/suggestions /options between aptamil and enfanmil.

Which should I go for?

Can I combine both, like breakfast aptamil then lunch enfanmil?

Thanks all
They're nice.
The difference is in the price
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by realpearl(f): 11:57am On Mar 23, 2019
Graciouscharis:

If you explained the symptoms to an experienced Dr, he can actually prescribe some drugs for you especially if he's been your Dr and knows your medical history my paed does that and so far he's been 100% on point.
Concerning the dosage of the drug, I'll verify from the Pharmacy here tomorrow.

OK ma'am, please don't forget.
Thanks, I will be waiting.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2109) (2110) (2111) (2112) (2113) (2114) (2115) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.