Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,558 members, 7,823,456 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2130) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4412024 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2127) (2128) (2129) (2130) (2131) (2132) (2133) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BowsandBabies(f): 10:11am On Apr 15, 2019
Jaygrl:
Hey mums,please has anyone used baby hair products from Wura's hair secret on Instagram? Her products are quite pricey I want to be sure it is very effective. My baby girl is 6weeks old and her hair isn't the way I planned in my head for it to be...lol. Please if anyone knows any other product that will prevent hair shedding and also help her grow I will appreciate it. Thanks.

Cc: Zaynie,Giddyperson and other sabi mamas.

They have varieties of kids or baby hair product in big supermarket. Just read the ingredients and look out for natural product in them.

Avoid using hair shampoo on her all the time, use conditioner instead. I use cantu kids conditioner. I can send you the picture if you want to see.

Must importantly use baby hair bonnet to cover your babies hair. Their hair drys out a lot and also they love to sleep on a particle position which causes their hair to cut more.

I sell newborn, infant, toddler and adult satin hair bonnet.

I started taking care of my daughter hair the moment we left the hospital. You can check us at @bows_babies on instagram to see her hair and order hair bonnet for you baby.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jaygrl(f): 10:12am On Apr 15, 2019
iaatmgirl:

I don't know about any products but I think 6 weeks is too small to worry about that.

Please let her grow a bit older. Just wear fine head bands or ribbons for now but remember to let the head breathe without covering sometimes too.

Don't worry, her fine hair is coming
Ok...thanks. The fine hair should come quick o...lol.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 10:21am On Apr 15, 2019
JGracious:

If the hospital has conducted a test to make the conclusion then follow the medication prescribed to you.

The major thing I observed during teething is slight rise in temperature which could sometimes be accompanied with swollen gums and can cause baby discomfort. Paracetamol takes care of this and baby is fine.

No need of any kind of teething drugs, soap, bracelet and all sorts.

A lot times, mothers associate teething with stooling and this is likely to happen as a result of baby putting fingers in the mouth or picking dirts from the floor.You can curb this with teething rings and ensuring hygiene around your home and where you keep baby is top notch.
100 gbosa for you for the last paragraph. Many are ignorant of this.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 10:26am On Apr 15, 2019
Jaygrl:
Ok...thanks. The fine hair should come quick o...lol.
Give her time please, my baby girl have scanty hair too, which I didn't really like cos myself has a very full and thick hair.

But, there is nothing I can do about that. I started picking the hair when she was 5 months old. But the truth is, she go still get hair laslas na ni. For now, I use sheatbutter and coconut oil for the hair.

I can't kill myself, nature will continue to be nature.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Owasgirl(f): 10:39am On Apr 15, 2019
zaynie:

It's in powder form.
Yes, you cook like pap.

Delivery to Benin is 1500N

OK. Will contact you.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tabithaola(f): 10:41am On Apr 15, 2019
Dasugaboi:
Good day Mothers in the house, am an ardent follower of this thread as a father and I must say I have learnt a lot from every contributions here since the arrival of my DD.
Please she is 14months old now and has been stooling ( 4times a day or at d end of every meal except when breastfed)for the past 2days with the presence of green mucus and a little blood(watery). She still eats and play well. No fever ,No vomitting.
Few changes made in her diet:
We changed her milk / formula at the beginning of last week from Lactogen 2 to Nan 3 as Lactogen was not available ( just thinking : could dis could be d cause) ?
Fed her AS Nutty meal 3 times dis week for the first time since she started eating solid.

Could d few changes be d cause? Or could it be something else?

Please take her to the hospital. Green stool with blood?

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tabithaola(f): 10:49am On Apr 15, 2019
helen4:
Please mommas kindly share your baby's teething experience as am a ftm and I am clueless right now. DD has being showing signs of teething but hospital is saying infection(trace), malaria(+1) and fever. Please help

FTM too dearie,but then essence was just running mild temperature in the evenings of 10-14 days after which we just saw 2 white teeths. No stooling till the teeths were out and she was active. However, that was at 4 months,2 weeks as against the 6 months we were told at the hospital. Lemme add that,we started using teething soap at 3 months if you are Yoruba. What it does is to lessen the discomfort that comes with teething. All the best dear. Make sure she sucks more too.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lady25(f): 10:57am On Apr 15, 2019
High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lady25: 10:38am
A big congratulations to new mothers and safe delivery to waddling mamas....Gone are the days where we mothers sit on paint bucket after delivery. We have sitz bath bowls that fit right into any toilet seat to help aid healing from episiotomy,vagina delivery and haemorrhoids. Call or whatsapp 07058736173

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 12:50pm On Apr 15, 2019
tabithaola:

FTM too dearie,but then essence was just running mild temperature in the evenings of 10-14 days after which we just saw 2 white teeths. No stooling till the teeths were out and she was active. However, that was at 4 months,2 weeks as against the 6 months we were told at the hospital. Lemme add that,we started using teething soap at 3 months if you are Yoruba. What it does is to lessen the discomfort that comes with teething. All the best dear. Make sure she sucks more too.

No vex say I put mouth for this matter o, its only your imagination and am sure your baby might still not show any discomfort if you don't use the soap. But am not sure soap is harmful after all, its for external use, even if it doesn't work

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by unex50: 1:11pm On Apr 15, 2019
Hello mamas..longest..

pls i need your help..my 4months baby's hair is so strong.

I only apply baby oil after bath and comb..plus can i make her her now? Like puff puff..

plus i think she has a dry skin at her back..her back looks dry and has kinda dry patches..

i use shea butter as her cream cuz of her skin ish off and on..
but i have johnson baby lotion which i vnt started using on her..

Should i start using the johnson nd free shea butter?..
Pls help me..

2) she makes a funny sound like whistle it started just a week ago..i really dnt like that sound..should i be worried..?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by NGHustlefx: 4:48pm On Apr 15, 2019
If you like it, very affordable...chat me up 08065146343

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 6:15pm On Apr 15, 2019
unex50:
Hello mamas..longest..

I only apply baby oil after bath and comb..plus can i make her her now? Like puff puff..

plus i think she has a dry skin at her back..her back looks dry and has kinda dry patches..

Pls help me..

2) she makes a funny sound like whistle it started just a week ago..i really dnt like that sound..should i be worried..?
a. Yes, u can start the puff puff style now but not too strong though.

b. It's common to babies and it's always off and on. Sheatbutter and Agnesia powder is what I use whenever we have it. My son overcame it around 2+, I am dealing with same with my daughter. Though presently free from it.

c. What sound? Your baby is growing and you should be happy that she is making sound now. Or u want make she dey call Mummy ni? Leave her abeg.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by unex50: 6:18pm On Apr 15, 2019
comtem2011:
a. Yes, u can start the puff puff style now but not too strong though.

b. It's common to babies and it's always off and on. Sheatbutter and Agnesia powder is what I use whenever we have it. My son overcame it around 2+, I am dealing with same with my daughter. Though presently free from it.

c. What sound? Your baby is growing and you should be happy that she is making sound now. Or u want make she dey call Mummy ni? Leave her abeg.

Thanks mama..love u
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 6:25pm On Apr 15, 2019
unex50:

Thanks mama..love u
love you too sis
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 9:28pm On Apr 15, 2019
unex50:
Hello mamas..longest..

Pls help me..

In addition to what comtem said, Sebamed or Aveeno would clear up the dry skin. And check the whistling sound to be sure shes not about to catch a cold. Try to not expose her to too much air at night.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tabithaola(f): 9:30pm On Apr 15, 2019
angeltolly:

No vex say I put mouth for this matter o, its only your imagination and am sure your baby might still not show any discomfort if you don't use the soap. But am not sure soap is harmful after all, its for external use, even if it doesn't work

Its ok dear,you may be right. Hubby isn't really into it but then mummy came with it when she came for omugwo and we've been on it. You should understand our mothers and their beliefs. Although,I don't go by everything she says but pick the ones that aren't harmful. Thanks

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BowsandBabies(f): 9:37pm On Apr 15, 2019
unex50:
Hello mamas..longest..

Pls help me..

For your baby, you can start the puff puff, but not too tight. Don’t use her Bathing soap to wash her hair, it makes the hair dryer and strong. You can get a baby satin hair bonnet ( check @bows_babies on instagram get one) to protect her hair after bathe.

For baby skin, I love shea butter. I use palm kernel oil and shea butter on my baby. I bathe my baby everyday, but I use soap twice a week on her. Soap strips the natural oil of the baby. Sometimes, I go days without using oil on her and her skin is good.

Keep using shea butter or palm kernel oil and avoid using soap on her daily.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Trendytessy(f): 10:43am On Apr 16, 2019
Hello mamas.. I don't know what else to do to clear my baby's skin. She keeps having recurrent skin problems (a blister kind of stuff keeps popping mainly around her legs), I've applied different creams it'll go and resurface again. She's taken antibiotics too.
I use sebamed soap for her and Shea butter (I stopped using boots cos I felt cream could be a culprit).

Pls I need advice on what to do cos it keeps leaving marks on her legs and it itches her too.

Giddyperson, zaynie, comtem2011, all mamas pls help
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 10:47am On Apr 16, 2019
Trendytessy:
Hello mamas.. I don't know what else to do to clear my baby's skin. She keeps having recurrent skin problems (a blister kind of stuff keeps popping mainly around her legs), I've applied different creams it'll go and resurface again. She's taken antibiotics too.
I use sebamed soap for her and Shea butter (I stopped using boots cos I felt cream could be a culprit).

Pls I need advice on what to do cos it keeps leaving marks on her legs and it itches her too.

Giddy..person, zayn...ie, comt..em2011, all mamas pls help
can you share the pic?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Trendytessy(f): 10:57am On Apr 16, 2019
comtem2011:
can you share the pic?

I hope this will do.. The 1st is her hand (those ones started coming out yesterday)
The 2nd pic is her leg.. you should see some dark marks there
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by unex50: 11:05am On Apr 16, 2019
Giddyperson:

In addition to what comtem said, Sebamed or Aveeno would clear up the dry skin. And check the whistling sound to be sure shes not about to catch a cold. Try to not expose her to too much air at night.

Thanks mama.. i will
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 11:07am On Apr 16, 2019
Trendytessy:

Could be insect bites.
These sun flies don't joke o
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by unex50: 11:11am On Apr 16, 2019
BowsandBabies:

For your baby, you can start the puff puff, but not too tight. Don’t use her Bathing soap to wash her hair, it makes the hair dryer and strong. You can get a baby satin hair bonnet ( check @bows_babies on instagram get one) to protect her hair after bathe.

For baby skin, I love shea butter. I use palm kernel oil and shea butter on my baby. I bathe my baby everyday, but I use soap twice a week on her. Soap strips the natural oil of the baby. Sometimes, I go days without using oil on her and her skin is good.

Keep using shea butter or palm kernel oil and avoid using soap on her daily.

Thanks ma...pls can you recommend a good baby hair wash/conditioner.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Trendytessy(f): 11:31am On Apr 16, 2019
zaynie:

Could be insect bites.
These sun flies don't joke o

Sunflies?? Never really thought of that
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by unex50: 11:34am On Apr 16, 2019
Trendytessy:

I hope this will do.. The 1st is her hand (those ones started coming out yesterday)
The 2nd pic is her leg.. you should see some dark marks there

I'm not sure but this looks like a reaction from water or something..it doesnt look like sand fly..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by barag(f): 12:38pm On Apr 16, 2019
Giddyperson:

Please she's still too young for you to put anybody's secret on her hair cheesy. At this age, I'd suggest using just water and shear butter. If you are using any hair products in future, try to read and google the ingredients before you buy.

Lol at the bolded. Your mouth sharp sha
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Frozenelsa(f): 1:55pm On Apr 16, 2019
Good afternoon mamas and how are our LOs doing?. pls I need help. I don't eat as much as I should ( not really a food person even before pregnancy) and this affects how full my breasts should be to the extent that my DS is being starved ( he is a foodie like his dad). The formula and breastmilk doesn't fill him and this makes him cry a lot and sleep less. pls, what can I do to help my situation and also help my child.

cc zaynie, Giddyperson, hunniesuzie and all mamas.
Thank you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 2:11pm On Apr 16, 2019
Trendytessy:

Can't say o, have you been to the hospital?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 2:16pm On Apr 16, 2019
Frozenelsa:
Good afternoon mamas and how are our LOs doing?. pls I need help. I don't eat as much as I should ( not really a food person even before pregnancy) and this affects how full my breasts should be to the extent that my DS is being starved ( he is a foodie like his dad). The formula and breastmilk doesn't fill him and this makes him cry a lot and sleep less. pls, what can I do to help my situation and also help my child.

cc zaynie, Giddyperson, hunniesuzie and all mamas.
Thank you.
How old is he. Try to formula feed him more often than you're already doing. Take liquids to improve the breast flow, tea, juice, fanta, lots of pap and water. I always lose my appetite after delivery but I don't stop drinking.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Frozenelsa(f): 2:38pm On Apr 16, 2019
Giddyperson:

How old is he. Try to formula feed him more often than you're already doing. Take liquids to improve the breast flow, tea, juice, fanta, lots of pap and water. I always lose my appetite after delivery but I don't stop drinking.

Thanks a lot. He is 8 weeks old.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 3:00pm On Apr 16, 2019
barag:

Lol at the bolded. Your mouth sharp sha
wink
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BowsandBabies(f): 3:31pm On Apr 16, 2019
unex50:

Thanks ma...pls can you recommend a good baby hair wash/conditioner.

I have been using cantu on her since she was 4 weeks old.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2127) (2128) (2129) (2130) (2131) (2132) (2133) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.