Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,516 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4422186 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by diamondlove: 8:39pm On Apr 19, 2013
^ my son did same that MIL was asking if I used any snake drug
I am not worried, he's gonna b 6mnths too
He's changed sha, now puts his gum on d tongue, he eats his tongue and play wit it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by k4kenny(f): 7:09am On Apr 20, 2013
My daughter also did that at birth, I used to close her lips and push her tongue in with my fingers. I was told I probably didn't compress my nip.ples while breastfeeding grin. Just recently, at 3 months, I noticed she has changed!! Her lips are always shut now cheesy

@baby don't let this habit grow with him. My gal's tongue was stuck to her palate, that was why she couldn't push in then. The docs assured us it should be unstuck in s few months but if it doesn't, we shud brng her in so they can cut that small stuff that attaches d tongue to d palate. Thank God it corrected itself.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by milu4(m): 1:13pm On Apr 20, 2013
i greet all the Dads and the Mums,please my daughter is 2 months now grin but for 2 days now she stated acting funny ,for night all she did is crying and looking for brea....st kiss and if the mum gave her after 30min or 1 hour she will wake up again looking for another 1 ,to tell u the truth for 2 days we never sleep,so i don't know if its normal?although she is having cough and deeply bre,so i dont know if that could be the cause,so please its safe to give her something dat can make her sleep and please whats the name of the drug?thanks waiting to hear from any1 soon
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by diamondlove: 1:53pm On Apr 20, 2013
^ choi
U daughter like food oooo
Give her cough syrup, d one dey usually give at d clinic, and advice ur wife to tak more pap so d food can flow well, enjoy d parenthood jor
Its fun
Btw, I started givin my son infant milk at 3mnths wen d boobs wz nt enuf and by 5mnths, he stopped breast by himself
Nt advising u start to give her formula o, bt mk sure she feeds to her satisfaction, its a gd thing wen babies eat well
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 5:02pm On Apr 20, 2013
diamondlove: Give her vit C
And make sure u use menthylatom on her chest, side, and apply wit ur finger on her nose *like massage*
Its d weather
Its cold bt my lil man has heat rash
Lmao, as a result of over covering

Thanks for that info...it helped
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by diamondlove: 5:51pm On Apr 20, 2013
Glad it worked
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by camrygmail: 7:26pm On Apr 20, 2013
Mums how are u and the babies?

My baby is now 5months and has a rash on her back took her to our oyinbo Dr and she said it is eczema she gave me creams and it cleared with in 3 days but it has come back. The cream cannot be used for more than 2 weeks cause it is a presxription ointment. Before going to Dr I used ori, coconut oil,cetaphil soap and some other creams . Nothing worked . So Abeg look at the picture ,is it really eczema.? And it is only that section of her back. It does not itch her sha and it does not contain pause. Any advice .
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by diamondlove: 8:20pm On Apr 20, 2013
Can't rili picture wat it is, take her back to d doc
Wen I hav anyth like dis on my skin, only original honey works, bt can't compare my skin to hers
Also I am a very local one, I blv in agbo too
Wen my son had some kinda rashes in his early stage, doc gave me antibiotics n advices I use baby oil
A week, no difference, sharp sharp, called my mum get me agbo and in 2days, my son wz glowing
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by camrygmail: 8:42pm On Apr 20, 2013
Thanks diamondlove. I am not in naija access to agbo is very limited. But if u know the English name of the herbs I can find it in am whole foods store.

If I take her back to a Dr. It will be another Dr for second opinion o.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by diamondlove: 9:36pm On Apr 20, 2013
Use natural honey then
I blv, it will work
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by agiboma(f): 11:24pm On Apr 20, 2013
new born baby = no sleep so tierd

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by diamondlove: 12:03am On Apr 21, 2013
U shlda bn used to it na
God bless and kip her

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Wendy80(f): 3:10am On Apr 21, 2013
Hey pple, hwz our LO doing? I wanto findout if its ok 4my 4weeeks old to sleep with AC? Cos She likes AC wella and sleeps well with it too
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by agiboma(f): 4:56am On Apr 21, 2013
@diamond i forgot so fast, but she is so sweet and worth it in every way
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by diamondlove: 8:08am On Apr 21, 2013
Enjoy mama

Wendy, AC dey sweet dem, abeg jst dey package her well, my son slps beta too bt trust me, he wears 3diff wears, his duvet sef is so thick, hubby will b like, is it snowin, y dress 4 my son dat way
Well, I am d only one dat will hav d slpless nights if anyth eva happens
Biko, cover her well

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by milu4(m): 3:12pm On Apr 21, 2013
thanks so much,i will do that as soon as possible
diamondlove: ^ choi
U daughter like food oooo
Give her cough syrup, d one dey usually give at d clinic, and advice ur wife to tak more pap so d food can flow well, enjoy d parenthood jor
Its fun
Btw, I started givin my son infant milk at 3mnths wen d boobs wz nt enuf and by 5mnths, he stopped breast by himself
Nt advising u start to give her formula o, bt mk sure she feeds to her satisfaction, its a gd thing wen babies eat well

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by imurboss: 12:00pm On Apr 22, 2013
Hello mummies in the house,how's are little angels doing?

Please,i don't know if anyone is experiencing same thing i am going through.My madam is having bow-legs,i don't know if it's because she has been forcing herself to walk(she started walking at 7m)though i've complained to the DR and he said i shouldn't worry that it will straighten up as she grows older.But i'm just worried ooo(both mum and dad has no bow-leg oo,no one in my family or his has o)
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blank(f): 2:30pm On Apr 22, 2013
milu4: i greet all the Dads and the Mums,please my daughter is 2 months now grin but for 2 days now she stated acting funny ,for night all she did is crying and looking for brea....st kiss and if the mum gave her after 30min or 1 hour she will wake up again looking for another 1 ,to tell u the truth for 2 days we never sleep,so i don't know if its normal?although she is having cough and deeply bre,so i dont know if that could be the cause,so please its safe to give her something dat can make her sleep and please whats the name of the drug?thanks waiting to hear from any1 soon

It is a phase. They call it 4 month sleep regression though some babies start earlier. My baby went thru it. There is nothing you can do about it. No matter what you give her she will continue until she passes that phase. Just dont let her form negative sleep associations. e.g, only sleeping when she has breast in her mouth, when you carry her, etc.

You can also try giving her formula in the night just before she sleeps. She will eventually outgrow it. Just remember to start teaching her good sleep habits or you will later spend a lot of time and energy to help her unlearn it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blank(f): 2:34pm On Apr 22, 2013
camrygmail: Mums how are u and the babies?

My baby is now 5months and has a rash on her back took her to our oyinbo Dr and she said it is eczema she gave me creams and it cleared with in 3 days but it has come back. The cream cannot be used for more than 2 weeks cause it is a presxription ointment. Before going to Dr I used ori, coconut oil,cetaphil soap and some other creams . Nothing worked . So Abeg look at the picture ,is it really eczema.? And it is only that section of her back. It does not itch her sha and it does not contain pause. Any advice .

It looks like what my son has now. The doctor told me he was reacting to the Penta vaccination. That over time, it will clear, Its been almost 3 months and it is still there though the peeling has stopped.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by camrygmail: 2:56pm On Apr 22, 2013
Ha blank u confirmed my suspicions the rash came after her 3 months shots/ vacinnie. Am Surprised our Dr did not see a link . The grandmas think it is "Ella"
is ur son's rash on his back too?
God will heal them both
Thank you for ur reply God bless u
blank:

It looks like what my son has now. The doctor told me he was reacting to the Penta vaccination. That over time, it will clear, Its been almost 3 months and it is still there though the peeling has stopped.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maxiflexi(f): 7:44am On Apr 26, 2013
Hey fellow mums & dads. My lil charmer is 4 months old, apart from pap, what other solids can I giv her? Cerelac is for 6mths
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Issfat: 11:27pm On Apr 26, 2013
Hi can I give my 8 months old baby herbs for fear and cold ( AGBO ILE TUTU)
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by diamondlove: 10:03am On Apr 27, 2013
^ well can't say for another
Bt as for me, all my life, hav always believed and use natural herbs, I pluck dem myself and make
Its nt a bad idea u know
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by diamondlove: 10:04am On Apr 27, 2013
maxiflexi: Hey fellow mums & dads. My lil charmer is 4 months old, apart from pap, what other solids can I giv her? Cerelac is for 6mths

There are cereal for 4mnths, can't rem d name bt wen u get to d store, dey ll prescribe u a good one
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Blendy77(f): 11:03am On Apr 27, 2013
cow and gate has cereal for 4m. The rice is very good
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by meetvic: 10:41pm On Apr 27, 2013
I have this fear for Baby Formula. Learnt it has a whole lot of disadvantages among which is death. Please I need advice on what to do. Presently am giving the child soyamilk with pap. is it healthy? any dark side of this food.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Wendy80(f): 7:42am On Apr 28, 2013
embarassedDoes BreastFeeding hv any link with farting? I pity Hubby oh,cos the thn too much oh
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by diamondlove: 7:54am On Apr 28, 2013
^ are u sayin u bn fartin?
Lmao
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Wendy80(f): 9:00am On Apr 28, 2013
diamondlove: ^ are u sayin u bn fartin?
Lmao
Yes oh My Dear, its too much
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by diamondlove: 9:47am On Apr 28, 2013
It cld b ur milk intake, wat are the things u eat?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Wendy80(f): 12:30pm On Apr 28, 2013
I actually take alot of milk now but I noticed even days I consume less protein its the same. Between whr can I get a very affordable car Seater...wey no cost oh

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by diamondlove: 1:06pm On Apr 28, 2013
Like ow much u lukn at and ur location?

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.