Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,409 members, 7,830,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4421637 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Dudugirl01(f): 10:21pm On May 04, 2013
Took her to see a dentist yesterday, says its gingivitis, she's was placed on injections for3 days and its getting better
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maran1983(f): 10:29am On May 05, 2013
Please, what is gingivitis?
Dudugirl01: Took her to see a dentist yesterday, says its gingivitis, she's was placed on injections for3 days and its getting better
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ona2: 9:09pm On May 05, 2013
@ jiro. i have nt heard of unripe plantain and crayfish for babies. to prepare ewedu just buy the ewedu leaves. pluck it and blend then cook with fine ground crayfish to add taste. it was one of the first foods my six month baby loves after fomula with banana and blended apple. you can also try boiled egg yolk. mash with your hand and give. just try small small quantities first. he does not have to finish it to full.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ona2: 9:11pm On May 05, 2013
Dudugirl01: Took her to see a dentist yesterday, says its gingivitis, she's was placed on injections for3 days and its getting better
thank God!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 10:04pm On May 05, 2013
corrall: Hi friends, I want to introduce guinea corn pap to my 4 month girl...please what can I put inside it. Some people say cray fish some say ground nut...please someone help, how do I go about it. Thanks

Hello...help needed here embarassed
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Dudugirl01(f): 8:14am On May 06, 2013
maran1983: Please, what is gingivitis?
Gingivitis is an inflammation of the gums caused by infectious bacteria characterized by red swollen gums
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ona2: 3:00pm On May 06, 2013
corrall:

Hello...help needed here embarassed

me think its best you just mix her pap with baby formula or breast milk to be on a safer side.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by julicoka(f): 3:26pm On May 06, 2013
mummy in d house pls i need ur help am a first time mother i want to start giving my baby food pls tell me d kind of food of i will buy both local ad foreign pls help me mothers
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by k4kenny(f): 1:08am On May 07, 2013
^^^as u can see from the other posts, introducing solids to babies isn't so easy especially if u've done EBF. Just follow the advices above. Buy rice cereals, u can make guinea corn pap and mix with b.reast milk. Also very light semo and amala with ewedu. When he's a little older u can cook peeled beans with a little palm oil and titus fish. My lil man also enjoyed banana+ apple puree and canned Gerber foods. It might not be so easy at first. Its trial and error with babies smiley

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by k4kenny(f): 1:21am On May 07, 2013
Hey Mamas in d house smiley. Join M̶̲̅ε̲̣ in celebrating as my little boo turns 2 today cheesy. May the Almighty continue to protect our LOs and may he preserve our lives to witness their greatness. Amin.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ona2: 12:41pm On May 07, 2013
k4kenny: Hey Mamas in d house smiley. Join M̶̲̅ε̲̣ in celebrating as my little boo turns 2 today cheesy. May the Almighty continue to protect our LOs and may he preserve our lives to witness their greatness. Amin.
Happy birthday k4kenny's little man. May God keep you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maran1983(f): 1:04pm On May 07, 2013
Happy birthday to him. May God preserve him to see many twos, 12, 22, 52, 102 etc, Amen.
k4kenny: Hey Mamas in d house smiley. Join M̶̲̅ε̲̣ in celebrating as my little boo turns 2 today cheesy. May the Almighty continue to protect our LOs and may he preserve our lives to witness their greatness. Amin.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by julicoka(f): 3:39pm On May 07, 2013
k4kenny: ^^^as u can see from the other posts, introducing solids to babies isn't so easy especially if u've done EBF. Just follow the advices above. Buy rice cereals, u can make guinea corn pap and mix with b.reast milk. Also very light semo and amala with ewedu. When he's a little older u can cook peeled beans with a little palm oil and titus fish. My lil man also enjoyed banana+ apple puree and canned Gerber foods. It might not be so easy at first. Its trial and error with babies smiley
i bought friso Gold Rice ad giving her pap but she is vomiting it d worst is dat she refuse to drink water because i did EBF without water
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by k4kenny(f): 3:42am On May 08, 2013
@Maran1983 and Ona2. Amen!!! Thanks a lot smiley.

@Julicoka
Hey ya, I remember what I went through aith my boy at this stage. Are you bottle feeding or spoon feeding? You can try one if the other doesn't work. The baby is just confused at the sudden change of events. Just do it small small. She can't change lyk dat overnyt.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by semilore77: 3:59am On May 08, 2013
Pls my baby is 5months old and her neck is not stong yet. Pls what can we do, its really disturbing me n my wife. And when do we start giving her cereal.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Issfat: 8:40am On May 08, 2013
Hi mums,What can i do to prevent my 8month baby from eating wt the visitor because anytime he sees a plate or a bottle with anybody he wil wnt 2 hv a taste of the content even if its peppery.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:58am On May 08, 2013
My two and half month baby is taking breast milk and formula now...I did EBF for two months, I will stop total breast feeding by 3 -4 months then gradually introduce rice cereals...

Wasn't easy getting her to take formula, but the earlier the better...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Dainy1(m): 4:21pm On May 08, 2013
that's exactly what i came here to fine out. i was chating with my fiance this moring and she told me she would love to have just one child (a daughter) when we got married and she will feed her breast milk only for three three months and will stop then continue with formular cos of the nature of her job. pls have any one done that before? i thought it has to six months? will the baby be fine and healthy? i dont wnt to worry in advice sha, but i want to know.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:43pm On May 08, 2013
Dainy1: that's exactly what i came here to fine out. i was chating with my fiance this moring and she told me she would love to have just one child (a daughter) when we got married and she will feed her breast milk only for three three months and will stop then continue with formular cos of the nature of her job. pls have any one done that before? i thought it has to six months? will the baby be fine and healthy? i dont wnt to worry in advice sha, but i want to know.

It depends on the milk being used..there are formulae that are even richer than breast milk..but the baby needs breast milk at least the first month for high immunity.

Where I stay, almost all mother switched befor 2 months, their babies are healthy, bigger and sleeps longer.

Form e, am stopping early because I need my sleep...hubby works very far.and my LO wakes up every 2. Hrs.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Dainy1(m): 4:51pm On May 08, 2013
what kind of formular could be richer than breast milk for a baby b4 six months? not as if i cant afford it when the time comes, but lots of medical personel said six months. lets for her she wants even two months. then i insisted three, but am not just ok with that.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Issfat: 5:15pm On May 08, 2013
Issfat: Hi mums,What can i do to prevent my 8month baby from eating wt the visitor because anytime he sees a plate or a bottle with anybody he wil wnt 2 hv a taste of the content even if its peppery.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ona2: 5:39pm On May 08, 2013
semilore77: Pls my baby is 5months old and her neck is not stong yet. Pls what can we do, its really disturbing me n my wife. And when do we start giving her cereal.
Every baby develop at her own pace. You can only help her by putting her on her tummy to play for some time during day. you can try holding up a toy for her. this will strengthen her neck and back muscle and help her in sitting also. good luck

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:55pm On May 08, 2013
Dainy1: what kind of formular could be richer than breast milk for a baby b4 six months? not as if i cant afford it when the time comes, but lots of medical personel said six months. lets for her she wants even two months. then i insisted three, but am not just ok with that.

its better six months, but if you cant do that, you can limit the months..
some also suggest 2 yrs..it all depends on individual and whats obtainable.

3months is not bad. Am stopping at 3 month because of my job too. you know, we have to keep food and clothe in the house
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by milu4(m): 3:08pm On May 09, 2013
thanks so much,that's exactly what is going on now,because she cannt sleep without breast in her mouth,so i have to stop the mother from teaching her that,but please which formula will u recommend for me?
blank:

It is a phase. They call it 4 month sleep regression though some babies start earlier. My baby went thru it. There is nothing you can do about it. No matter what you give her she will continue until she passes that phase. Just dont let her form negative sleep associations. e.g, only sleeping when she has breast in her mouth, when you carry her, etc.

You can also try giving her formula in the night just before she sleeps. She will eventually outgrow it. Just remember to start teaching her good sleep habits or you will later spend a lot of time and energy to help her unlearn it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Issfat: 4:59pm On May 09, 2013
Can i use cod liver oil(seven seas) for my 8 month baby. Does it hv any side effect?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by milu4(m): 10:03pm On May 09, 2013
milu4: thanks so much,that's exactly what is going on now,because she cannt sleep without breast in her mouth,so i have to stop the mother from teaching her that,but please which formula will u recommend for me?
Someone recommend SMA formular for me and i have already bought it.thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maxiflexi(f): 10:57am On May 10, 2013
For those asking thebest time to start solids, this is what I followed:
Ask yourself the following questions to determine whether your baby is ready for solid food:
1. Can she hold her head up and does she have good head control? She should be able to maintain good control of her head while eating.
2. Does she open her mouth when you offer her the spoon? When babies open their mouths to take food from a spoon, it’s a good sign of readiness to eat solids.
3. Can she move the food from the spoon into her mouth without sticking out her tongue and pushing the food out or turning her head?  Your daughter should be taking the food from the spoon and swallowing it.
4. Is she big enough? Generally, babies are ready for solid foods when they’ve doubled their birth weight.

If the answers to all of the above questions are yes, it’s likely that your baby is developed enough to handle some solid foods just fine. Pureed bananas and infant cereals are good choices for babies.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iamteekaygal(f): 11:55pm On May 14, 2013
I love this thread, and I'm willing to contribute the little knowledge about taking care of a baby here. My son will be 1year old next week. He was exclusively breastfeed for 6months, getting him to take food after 6months was real war. But today he eats everything eatable. I'm here to learn more and contribute with my little knowledge. Nice thread. Thumbs up to y'all
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:58am On May 16, 2013
Am glad i came acroos this! My niece has this boil like stuff on her head and some parts of her body! At first,it doesn't itch,thatz when we took her to d hospital,doctors prescribed some stuffs and calamine lotion but they kept comin! Now they pain her and they are larger in size! Plz what can be d cause

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:15am On May 16, 2013
^^^^ shocked that's too much na...

First, she should stop plaiting her hair too tight, she still got soft skull.

For treatment, go to a good pharmacy or get pediatric for prescription.

All d best
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:51pm On May 16, 2013
Yes,it is o! This pix was taken when they first started appearing! Then at d hospital,dey burst it and applied somefn! Then after α while,they appeared,not as much tho,but this time larger and they started hurting her now! They come in 2's and 3's on diffrnt parts of her body! Its not d hair,cos most time we do nothing on her hair! Thanks all d same!
Vikin: ^^^^ shocked that's too much na...

First, she should stop plaiting her hair too tight, she still got soft skull.

For treatment, go to a good pharmacy or get pediatric for prescription.

All d best
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Blendy77(f): 5:33pm On May 16, 2013
This is really bad o! Is it not possible she's reacting to something? They shouldn't have bursted it cos such things will reappear more if it doesn't get dried either on its own or through drugs. Did they prescribe antibiotics for her? A friend of mine whose baby had something close to this on her body, though not this much was prescribed antibiotics by a pediatrician and was asked to use sebamed range of baby products. She was also asked not to share the baby's sponge and towel with any other sibling and it worked after a while. Take her to a good pediatrician for proper diagnosis and prescription. I wish u guys the best.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.