Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,488 members, 7,812,516 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4395260 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ogininafio(f): 7:00pm On May 16, 2013
Just because you've not experienced the benefits of EBF doesn't mean you should condemn it. A trial will convince you. Only if you leave your mind open to it.[color=#006600][/color]
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:10pm On May 16, 2013
Funny thing is she's d only child,we dnt share her stuff with anyone! We've been using same product since she was born,she's 6months now and this one jst came up but after her first visit 2d hsptl,dey stopped altogether! Only to start appearing on oda parts of her body,not as many tho! Anyway,α nurse today prescribed augmentin syrup(dnt knw if i spelt it right).she said its for babies! Pls,has anyone ever used this?? Waiting plz! Tnks
Blendy77: This is really bad o! Is it not possible she's reacting to something? They shouldn't have bursted it cos such things will reappear more if it doesn't get dried either on its own or through drugs. Did they prescribe antibiotics for her? A friend of mine whose baby had something close to this on her body, though not this much was prescribed antibiotics by a pediatrician and was asked to use sebamed range of baby products. She was also asked not to share the baby's sponge and towel with any other sibling and it worked after a while. Take her to a good pediatrician for proper diagnosis and prescription. I wish u guys the best.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 1:04am On May 17, 2013
mynd u, she could be teething. Children react to changes differently. Augmentin is quite powerful. I v used it b4 as an adult so u have to be careful. Left to me i'd suggest u use savlon when she's having her bath and use ytacan (alone) or any other antifungal cream( mixed with ori). The powder using agnesia. Reason i said powder is it could also be heat rash.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:10am On May 17, 2013
She's been using savlon since she was α day old. I know augmentin is powerful! Its not heat rashes cos dey stopped appearing on her head and neck area,dey now appear on other parts!its not teething reaction cos ds started wen she was 4mnths( and it stopped after we went 2d hsptl,only 2appear now)xcpt babies start teething that early! The nurse also recommended whitfield's ointment and my niece has been using ori since she was 2mnths! Let's see how d ointment works,i'l update u guys! Thanks a lot!
omogemi: mynd u, she could be teething. Children react to changes differently. Augmentin is quite powerful. I v used it b4 as an adult so u have to be careful. Left to me i'd suggest u use savlon when she's having her bath and use ytacan (alone) or any other antifungal cream( mixed with ori). The powder using agnesia. Reason i said powder is it could also be heat rash.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by clily: 5:00pm On May 17, 2013
Super mummies in d house, I hv followed dis thread and u guys are u a wondaful job here, keep it up..Pls I want 2 ask a question, Iƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ dusting powder good and save for newly born babies and which Iƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ d best to use for them..tnx alot
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:21pm On May 17, 2013
clily: Super mummies in d house, I hv followed dis thread and u guys are u a wondaful job here, keep it up..Pls I want 2 ask a question, ȋ̝̊̅ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ dusting powder good and save for newly born babies and which ȋ̝̊̅ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ d best to use for them..tnx alot

No, it's not safe, apart from the hotness, the dust from the powder is bad for them when inhaled.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by diamondlove: 7:34pm On May 17, 2013
diamondlove: diamondlove: Also I have dis frnd too dat sells
beautiful and affordable baby products
Here is her pin
. 26401BF9
Phone nos. 08033619042
Email. Fausyline@yahoo.co.uk

Here wendy

Hi mamas
My friend was robbed, this is her available nos, cos of those that spoke to her. ‎08156681742
She says thank you all and God bless for the support
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Issfat: 11:28am On May 18, 2013
Hi, can i gv my 8 and half month baby milo or bournvita drink.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:00pm On May 18, 2013
clily: Super mummies in d house, I hv followed dis thread and u guys are u a wondaful job here, keep it up..Pls I want 2 ask a question, ȋ̝̊̅ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ dusting powder good and save for newly born babies and which ȋ̝̊̅ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ d best to use for them..tnx alot

Rising raving powder is very good, keeps the baby's skin rash free . It is sold at 200 naira for the big one.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:04pm On May 18, 2013
@issfat, I do give my kids these beverages once they stop exclusive BF, however, try a little and be sure your child's stomach ll tolerate it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Issfat: 12:37pm On May 18, 2013
Thanks byvan which is better millo or bournvita for 8 and half baby
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ifysworld(f): 11:21am On May 19, 2013
Issfat: Thanks byvan which is better millo or bournvita for 8 and half baby
use Ovaltine, it has less sugar
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tjskii(f): 1:28pm On May 19, 2013
Pls help o,my 16month old piks things up from d floor and swallows it(dis mornin he pikd up smthng metalic from his toycar and befor I cud get it out of his mouth wth all his plenty sharp teeth,he had swalowed it)I'm at my wits end right now and d most annoying thing is he refuses to eat good food,hed rather pik up stuff from d ground
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by limsycutey(f): 3:26pm On May 19, 2013
Hi everyone, this is a wonderful thread, please kEep up the good work. I'm a new mum, my babygirl is 10 days old today. smiley

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by k4kenny(f): 7:47pm On May 19, 2013
Congrats on ur new bundle of joy. May she be a source of blessing to her parents and peers. smiley

@ weddingfever: its ok to wear spanks in your 2nd trimester
, but if you've got a small waist, u might not need it as u won't rily be showing. And please make sure your diet include everything u listed. Not just cos of weight gain, but also cos of d baby. Better to have a small healthy baby than a chubby one that will tear tins wink.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by limsycutey(f): 8:59am On May 20, 2013
K4kenny- Amen, Thank you! smiley

Please I want to know what I can be applying to my baby's hair so the curly hair won't fall off and be replaced with thick hair because I heard that happens sometimes. I want her to keep her baby hair for as long as possible.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maxiflexi(f): 4:05pm On May 23, 2013
My 4 month+ rosebud's hair is a full afro & almost completely kinky. Combing is no longer fun. What do you ladies do first to ur babes hair? When can I start weaving her hair?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by julicoka(f): 6:13pm On May 23, 2013
gd day mums in d house my baby ve been going toilet frequently ad greenish in colour ad mix wit someting like mucus.like yesterday she went four times ad todays own is three times now,i complain to doctor he did not give me any medicine pls am not hapi seeing my baby going toilet let dat pls mums help me what wil i do her.remeber am a first time mother pls ur reply is very urgent pls
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 9:43pm On May 23, 2013
julicoka: gd day mums in d house my baby ve been going toilet frequently ad greenish in colour ad mix wit someting like mucus.like yesterday she went four times ad todays own is three times now,i complain to doctor he did not give me any medicine pls am not hapi seeing my baby going toilet let dat pls mums help me what wil i do her.remeber am a first time mother pls ur reply is very urgent pls

is it her same doctor? how about the water u give her? what type of food did u introduce to her or milk.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by julicoka(f): 1:19am On May 24, 2013
omogemi:

is it her same doctor? how about the water u give her? what type of food did u introduce to her or milk.
yes is her doctor am giving her eva water i introduce pap ad SMA milk
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blank(f): 10:00am On May 24, 2013
julicoka: gd day mums in d house my baby ve been going toilet frequently ad greenish in colour ad mix wit someting like mucus.like yesterday she went four times ad todays own is three times now,i complain to doctor he did not give me any medicine pls am not hapi seeing my baby going toilet let dat pls mums help me what wil i do her.remeber am a first time mother pls ur reply is very urgent pls

Immediately start your baby on ORT. Go to any pharmacy and buy it. Your child can become dehydrated. Eva water is not enough.
If your baby has diarrhoea, the cause could be:
an infection, such as gastroenteritis too much fruit or juicea reaction to medicationa sensitivity or allergy to a food type.

Greenish poo seems to me like your baby is having too much of the fore milk (light milk that first comes out) than the hind milk. Make sure you breastfeed for a long time on one breast before you move to the other. MAke sure she empties that breast before you move to the other one.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Wendy80(f): 11:13am On May 24, 2013
My Fellow Mothers, I introduced Nan 2my 2months old baby and she rejected it, I'm worried cos I'm resuming work next work....pls how do I go abt it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Blendy77(f): 11:58am On May 24, 2013
Julicoka how old is ur boy? I think its the pap. Its probably not good with his system that is why he is excreting it. One of my boys had same issue when I first introduce pap n sma gold at 3m. For like 3 days the guy kept pooing after eating even up to 4 times a day. I had to stop the pap and kept giving him only the sma gold and breast milk as before and the poo returned to normal, once in 2-3 days. We just started the pap again at 4m 2 days ago so am watching him. No change yet in his pooing pattern for now so we are still watching him cos I intend changing to somethg else if the poo continues.
I think u shd stop the pap and watch him for some days and if possible, boil his drinking water.

Wendy kids are known for rejecting foods they are not used to. I think u should keep trying to get ur baby to take the nan except the baby is throwing up or pooing excessively then u can now talk of changing his formular. Secondly, u cod express ur milk and keep in the fridge/freezer for him if ur sole reason for introducing formular is because of ur job. Ur milk can stay up to 3m when stored in the freezer. All the best.
Secondly how far wt the car seat u wanted to buy? I have brand new Gracco snug ride in PH for sale but its not 10k sha as U might need to increase ur budget if u want it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maxiflexi(f): 4:24pm On May 24, 2013
maxiflexi: My 4 month+ rosebud's hair is a full afro & almost completely kinky. Combing is no longer fun. What do you ladies do first to ur babes hair? When can I start weaving her hair?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by k4kenny(f): 9:38pm On May 24, 2013
[quote author=maxiflexi][/quote]
Hey ya, my 4 month old's hair isn't long at all sad . Wish she has d kind of hair I could plait. My gal pal has 2 girls and she uses colourful rubber bands to pack d hair into about 10 places. She waits till they're asleep b4 embarkin on d mission grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 9:53pm On May 24, 2013
@JULICOKA it could also be that the milk duration has expired. u are to use it within 4weeks i.e 28 days not one month. it happened to my baby but not green poop. i just notised she was pooping more than 2 times and got worried though 2 that tym i had stopped using the milk ready to by another so had to hold. i told a nurse friend and she explained that i am supposed to use the milk for 28 days i.e the exact 4 weeks and not one month as i thought. so pls check the milk, when did u open it? and pls breastfeed her very well. she'll be fyn.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:30pm On May 24, 2013
maxiflexi: [/quote][quote author=maxiflexi]
After you wash her hair, mix a little olive oil and shea butter whilst its damp from the roots to the tips and dont wash it out. it works better than most hair creams

there is also a boots baby hair conditioner thats pretty good but dont know whether its available in nigeria

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by labella12: 7:21am On May 25, 2013
Hi mums in the house
I tried to research on giving chocolate drinks milo or ovaltine to babies and all the info I got says its not good for children under one year. And I am seeing different info here. Pls can you share source of info as I was thinking of ways to make my 8 month old who doesn't want formula to take milk. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by julicoka(f): 7:43am On May 25, 2013
blank:

Immediately start your baby on ORT. Go to any pharmacy and buy it. Your child can become dehydrated. Eva water is not enough.
If your baby has diarrhoea, the cause could be:
an infection, such as gastroenteritis too much fruit or juicea reaction to medicationa sensitivity or allergy to a food type.

Greenish poo seems to me like your baby is having too much of the fore milk (light milk that first comes out) than the hind milk. Make sure you breastfeed for a long time on one breast before you move to the other. MAke sure she empties that breast before you move to the other one.
thank u very much but can i give her frigil ad what can cause her stool black
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maxiflexi(f): 8:07am On May 25, 2013
salsera:
After you wash her hair, mix a little olive oil and shea butter whilst its damp from the roots to the tips and dont wash it out. it works better than most hair creams
Thanks. I use coconut oil but when I added shea butter, it was easier to comb out.
k4kenny:
Hey ya, my 4 month old's hair isn't long at all sad . Wish she has d kind of hair I could plait. My gal pal has 2 girls and she uses colourful rubber bands to pack d hair into about 10 places. She waits till they're asleep b4 embarkin on d mission grin
Kenny, that style has 2 be done daily, or in my case, hourly because she she pulls out the bands. LoL. Don't worry about your girl; soon, you will be changing hair styles every week!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omopretty1: 2:43pm On May 27, 2013
Wendy80: My Fellow Mothers, I introduced Nan 2my 2months old baby and she rejected it, I'm worried cos I'm resuming work next work....pls how do I go abt it

I also had the same issue when i was about to resume work, i used SMA once he taste it he'll turn his head away and starts crying. But at the end he didn't have a choice than to take it at the daycare centre when he was hungry and i wasn't around to breastfeed him, though i usually go there to b/feed him during my break time. Just keep on giving the NAN to her, with time she'll get used to it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.