Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,582 members, 7,812,903 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4395725 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gunuvi(m): 1:42pm On Mar 25, 2013
demmykay: @blendy77 and corrall tanks.blendy hw re d twins doing? M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ love to dem. Am still trying d shea butter, hope it works. Pls moms where do I get coconut oil in abuja
To get your coconut oil, visit www.sebsicoconuts.com or call 07026015480 and ull get it asap.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Wendy80(f): 1:44am On Mar 26, 2013
I had my LO 2days ago and no bossom milk yet, Can som1 pls suggest wht to take to make it flow.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blank(f): 11:53am On Mar 26, 2013
Wendy80: I had my LO 2days ago and no bossom milk yet, Can som1 pls suggest wht to take to make it flow.

It is well. You can rub your nipples with a firm cloth (it has to be very hard to stimulate the milk). Also, ensure that you put your baby to suck as often as possible. You can take hot but light pap, pepper soup, red raspberries, drink a lot of fluids.

Be calm when feeding (stress inhibits milk flow), think of the baby while he is sucking (touch his face, pat his hair,etc), believe that your breasts will satisfy your baby, massage your breasts with a warm compress, do not think of the initial pain, etc.

If you can, use a breast pump as well. These worked for me.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blank(f): 12:07pm On Mar 26, 2013
^^^^
Also avoid bottlefeeding and pacifiers until you have an established milk supply.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by k4kenny(f): 2:55pm On Mar 26, 2013
Wendy80: I had my LO 2days ago and no bossom milk yet, Can som1 pls suggest wht to take to make it flow.

Congrats on your new bundle of joy. I read through your post in the preg thread that you had you baby via cs. I also had my firstborn via cs and I had issues with producing milk at first, d boy cry ehn...grin. Probably it because you've not really started eating well, cos I was told to stay off food for a couple of days hence the poor flow.
The rate at which the milk flows is a gradual process; at first its not so much, but after continuous stimulation by your baby, it'll surely increase. So give it a little time and wait till you can eat well. In the meantime, you can give the baby water with a little glucose (I didn't like it too but had no choice sad) till your body can produce more and you can do EBF.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by k4kenny(f): 2:56pm On Mar 26, 2013
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by julicoka(f): 4:31pm On Mar 26, 2013
congrat ,take pap ad liquid milk ad take alot of fluid also enjoy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by uyogabie(f): 4:37pm On Mar 26, 2013
.I do take fresh palm wine.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by uyogabie(f): 4:38pm On Mar 26, 2013
.I usually take palm wine
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by uyogabie(f): 4:48pm On Mar 26, 2013
mak_ivy: Hi house,i am a ftm 2 a 3 weeks old baby.my lo has not taken a poo for one week now.i am doing ebf.pls can anyone suggest what i can do.
.Try nospamin paediatric drops.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Creamish(f): 4:50pm On Mar 26, 2013

Brandy, hot tea, loads of pap, plenty palmwine etc wink
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 4:57pm On Mar 26, 2013
Creamish:

Brandy, hot tea, loads of pap, plenty palmwine etc wink

The palm wine worked wonders for me o. I don't think it has to do with cs or anything cos I had normal birth and my milk did not flow for about 3 days.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 4:59pm On Mar 26, 2013
gunuvi:
To get your coconut oil, visit www.sebsicoconuts.com or call 07026015480 and ull get it asap.

Alternatively, you can make your coconut oil at home, by yourself if you have the time and you will be sure nothing was added to it. I made mine myself, had someone grate the coconut for me though.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by demmykay: 10:11pm On Mar 26, 2013
@Corrall pls how did U̶̲̥̅̊ go about making d coconut oil urself? Pls kindly assist me with d procedure as I will prefer to make it myself. Tanks for d hint
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 12:24am On Mar 27, 2013
Grate ur coconut like you would do if you are making coconut rice, put water and sieve it just like u would do for coconut rice. Put it in a bowl or basin depending on the quantity of water u have, keep overnight or maybe till like noon the next day, by then you would notice whitish stuff on the surface while the water settles. With a spoon, take that whitish stuff and put in a pot, put it on fire and allow to boil. While boiling, you will notice it becoming clear, you might think it is water, but it isn't, it's the oil. You can be straining it gradually till it becomes dry. If you don't strain the oil out while boiling, it will boil till it gets dry n useless to you.

Whew, hope I have been descriptive enough.

I pray it helps someone kiss

P/S
To get a lot of oil, use like 5 or 6 coconuts. Did mine like January n I have not used up to half of the oil.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by julicoka(f): 12:31pm On Mar 27, 2013
silver bird is it good to baby
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by uyogabie(f): 1:30pm On Mar 27, 2013
Thanks corrall.I've never used coconut oil but i've seen it's effect on my nephew's skin,very nice.Wanted to use it for my new baby but couldn't get it around here.pls,explain the straining part.I'll like to do it myself.should the fire be high or low?presently i use shea butter and palmkernel oil.My baby's skin is very smooth.I want to try the coconut oil too.You try.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by demmykay: 4:24pm On Mar 27, 2013
Thanks corrall, I will try to do it over d weekend if time permits. D straining part is not too clear I mean wen its on fire. At boiling point, is it just d oil dat is left or oil nd water Moreso can d oil be use alone or do U̶̲̥̅̊ need to $mix it say with shea butter?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ona2: 5:21pm On Mar 27, 2013
your
blank:

It is well. You can rub your nipples with a firm cloth (it has to be very hard to stimulate the milk). Also, ensure that you put your baby to suck as often as possible. You can take hot but light pap, pepper soup, red raspberries, drink a lot of fluids.

Be calm when feeding (stress inhibits milk flow), think of the baby while he is sucking (touch his face, pat his hair,etc), believe that your breasts will satisfy your baby, massage your breasts with a warm compress, do not think of the initial pain, etc.

If you can, use a breast pump as well. These worked for me.

Thanks blank your advice is always helpful. but pls, i have rashes on my two hands. Someone recently saw it and told me asked if i was nursing a baby and i said yes. She said that was the cause of the rashes. i never knew i thought i had heat and it will soon go. but the rashes has continued to increase. and it is very ichy. what can i do to clear the hands. i don't want my baby to have it as i place him on that spot most times.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by julicoka(f): 6:53pm On Mar 27, 2013
great mummy silver bird is it good for baby

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blank(f): 6:59pm On Mar 27, 2013
ona2: your

Thanks blank your advice is always helpful. but pls, i have rashes on my two hands. Someone recently saw it and told me asked if i was nursing a baby and i said yes. She said that was the cause of the rashes. i never knew i thought i had heat and it will soon go. but the rashes has continued to increase. and it is very ichy. what can i do to clear the hands. i don't want my baby to have it as i place him on that spot most times.

I have not experienced it before and not heard of it. Could it be eczema? Ask your friend since she was able to notice it. Sorry i couldnt be of help.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by demmykay: 8:02pm On Mar 27, 2013
@julicoka silver bird is good nd safe for babies. Its use to prevent cold. To use it U̶̲̥̅̊ can mix it with d baby hair oil.
@ona2 I also had dat rashes on M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ hands precisely where U̶̲̥̅̊ lay babys head whenever U̶̲̥̅̊ carry him, but it went on its own. Infact I did nt notice when it finally disappear. I don't think its anytin to worry about.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Issfat: 9:21pm On Mar 27, 2013
Wht can i do to my 7mnths son yellowish spot over his body.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by julicoka(f): 9:29pm On Mar 27, 2013
demmykay: @julicoka silver bird is good nd safe for babies. Its use to prevent cold. To use it U̶̲̥̅̊ can mix it with d baby hair oil.
@ona2 I also had dat rashes on M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ hands precisely where U̶̲̥̅̊ lay babys head whenever U̶̲̥̅̊ carry him, but it went on its own. Infact I did nt notice when it finally disappear. I don't think its anytin to worry about.
@demmykay thank u,so i can use on my baby,she is breathing as if she ve catar,i feel it at her back pls wil it stop it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 9:57pm On Mar 27, 2013
julicoka: @demmykay thank u,so i can use on my baby,she is breathing as if she ve catar,i feel it at her back pls wil it stop it.

yes it will. mix with the baby oil. it helps a lot. presently i mixed it with my baby oil. half silverbird with a bottle of oil.i use boots baby oil.be sure its original and becarful when mixing so it doesnt spill allover the place

demmykay: Thanks corrall, I will try to do it over d weekend if time permits. D straining part is not too clear I mean wen its on fire. At boiling point, is it just d oil dat is left or oil nd water Moreso can d oil be use alone or do U̶̲̥̅̊ need to $mix it say with shea butter?

it can be used alone or mixed with shea butter. it depends on ur choice. although during ante natal we were told to use alone, but i mix mine with shea butter and tribact. my baby's skin is 'clean' and fyn.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by julicoka(f): 12:57am On Mar 28, 2013
omogemi:

yes it will. mix with the baby oil. it helps a lot. presently i mixed it with my baby oil. half silverbird with a bottle of oil.i use boots baby oil.be sure its original and becarful when mixing so it doesnt spill allover the place

it can be used alone or mixed with shea butter. it depends on ur choice. although during ante natal we were told to use alone, but i mix mine with shea butter and tribact. my baby's skin is 'clean' and fyn.
how will i know d original silver bird ad will i rub it all over her head or at d front head
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by julicoka(f): 1:25am On Mar 28, 2013
omogemi:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Issfat: 3:51pm On Mar 28, 2013
Hello mummies, What can i use to d yellowish spot on my 7mnths old baby's body. Its look like eczema bt it is nt
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 10:33pm On Mar 28, 2013
julicoka: how will i know d original silver bird ad will i rub it all over her head or at d front head

i knw there is fake but i myself cant differentiate xcpt by d price. This is coz d tym i went to Lagos Island i wanted to buy but was kinda sceptical coz of d price. The lady was selling @ 250. But d one i am using @ d moment is N500 and its original cos d woman brings them directly from abroad and she gave me assurance on it. Even my mum confirmed it due to the smell.
It is an eucalyptus oil and has a strong/gently minty smell. If u cant mix it with baby oil, u can put a drop or 2 on ur baby's head b4/after applying baby oil. U dont need to rub it allover the head, just on the cradle cap, that soft part of the baby's head that 'breathes'
also u can rub a lil bit of baby menthlatum on her chest, back n feet. , it helps fight catar.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jiro(f): 11:35pm On Mar 28, 2013
Hello mummies I need some help pls I've been using coconut oil and the chicco baby range on my 5month old since he was born bur for the last month or so he has developed very dry scaly skin around his neck and shoulders. Has anyone experienced such with their baby? I've been told that its dry skin and I should apply more cream. I've done that but there's no change. I need a solution as I want my presidents skin to be glowing and spotless. Also does anyone have a remedy for cough and cattarh in babies?@omogemi pls what's tribact? Thanks a lot
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 8:08am On Mar 29, 2013
jiro: Hello mummies I need some help pls I've been using coconut oil and the chicco baby range on my 5month old since he was born bur for the last month or so he has developed very dry scaly skin around his neck and shoulders. Has anyone experienced such with their baby? I've been told that its dry skin and I should apply more cream. I've done that but there's no change. I need a solution as I want my presidents skin to be glowing and spotless. Also does anyone have a remedy for cough and cattarh in babies?@omogemi pls what's tribact? Thanks a lot

lets take it one @ a tym. Tribact is an anti bacatrial, anti fungal n anti inflammatory cream lyk Funbact-A. I use it mixed with shea butter n coconut oil for my baby.
As for d cough n cattarh remedy do what was told to @julicoka. Put silverbird on ur baby's scalp; that soft spot, a drop or 2 along with baby oil. Rub baby metholatum on the baby's chest, feet and back. U can also rub a lil metholatum on her nose not inside her nostrils o. Use hot compress n baby metholatum on her chest n nose when bathing.

Then for ur baby's skin trouble, try using d coconut oil alone or mix it with sheabutter (ori). Leave d chicco baby range for now. I m suspecting it is 'eela' but not sure.

Any other suggestions from our mothers in da house
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 11:13am On Mar 29, 2013
also try not o expose the baby to too much fan or AC and try to wrap him/her up very well

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.