Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,641 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2389) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4405230 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2386) (2387) (2388) (2389) (2390) (2391) (2392) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gabby18: 3:42pm On Dec 18, 2020
MumDiamond:

That’s my hospital. They’re very good but expensive.

I don’t know if it’s too late but you can try Bluecross hospital. Theirs should be between N7000 & N8,000

Okay thanks a lot mamma..really appreciate
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Deeedeee: 12:42am On Dec 19, 2020
JOANDIVA:

please mama what did u later do to help the breast milk to be gushing. am still having breast milk issue 1 month after delivery. pls help

I have been feeding on hot foods such as amala dudu, ogi(pap), tea.
Then my mum mob my breast with hot water morning and night.

Also if possible reduce your water Intake, instead drink pap as water. Make sure anything u are eating or swallowing, pap should be ur water.

#papisthenewwater #pap #ogi
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Deeedeee: 12:44am On Dec 19, 2020
adegbitown:
Thank God.
Don't worry, he will. He's got no choice�.
Pls stop the NAN if you plan on doing EBF.

Thank u so much ma. Bless u.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nahzyla: 10:25am On Dec 19, 2020
Good day all,
Please who knows what I can do if I lost immunization card for baby?

Is there a way to get another one? Thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AquaPetals(f): 11:47am On Dec 19, 2020
Good Morning New Mums.
Please help with my questions
1. What do you think about daily massaging a new born's clitoris and vagina with menthol ointment?
a. what are the implications?
b. What happens if you don't do this?
2. At night I always breastfeed my girl while both lying down with her. Does this have any implications?

My baby is 2weeks old
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nahzyla: 12:42pm On Dec 19, 2020
AquaPetals:
Good Morning New Mums.
1. What do you think about daily massaging a new born's clitoris and vagina with menthol ointment?

My baby is 2weeks old

Why do you want to massage her cliyoris and vagina with menthol ointment?
Please for what purpose?

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bigmummy16(f): 12:43pm On Dec 19, 2020
Hello mums, trust you & your loved ones are doing great!

Congratulations to our new mums

Our packs of dry powder multi grains pap ready for a customer. Call/WhatsApp 08057125055 for further enquiries.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Asey(f): 1:00pm On Dec 19, 2020
Never heard of clitoris and vagina been massaged. And even with menthol ointment.

AquaPetals:
Good Morning New Mums.
2. At night I always breastfeed my girl while both lying down with her. Does this have any implications?

My baby is 2weeks old

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AquaPetals(f): 1:39pm On Dec 19, 2020
nahzyla:

Why do you want to massage her cliyoris and vagina with menthol ointment?
Please for what purpose?
my mum said so that her clitoris/labia won't become too big (won't look like a diick). And also to avoid itches down there when she grows up.
But i've been finding it difficult to digest
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gassbee: 1:46pm On Dec 19, 2020
AquaPetals:

my mum said so that her clitoris/labia won't become too big (won't look like a diick). And also to avoid itches down there when she grows up.
put a stop to it right now or inform ur husband about it. You r damaging dat baby's delicate n fragile organ

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by katchycouture(f): 1:55pm On Dec 19, 2020
AquaPetals:

Please don't touch or massage her cliyoris, it is barbaric. Put menthol on yours and see how it will feel

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nahzyla: 2:54pm On Dec 19, 2020
AquaPetals:

It's not true please don't do it, it does not stop clitoris from growing, don't put your baby through pains with unnecessary procedures.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AquaPetals(f): 4:03pm On Dec 19, 2020
gassbee:
put a stop to it right now or inform ur husband about it. You r damaging dat baby's delicate n fragile organ
Thank you all.
My husband never supported it. It has been stopped
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JOANDIVA(f): 8:02pm On Dec 19, 2020
Deeedeee:

Also if possible reduce your water Intake, instead drink pap as water. Make sure anything u are eating or swallowing, pap should be ur water.

thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sodiamond: 8:24pm On Dec 19, 2020
katchycouture:

This is the same with us, my baby girl is also 4weeks old and her eyes are yellow, a jundice test was done after her birth and the paediatrician said there was no jundice. What else could be the cause?
Take that baby to the hospital immediately. That he/she didn't have jaundice at birth doesn't mean jaundice can't develop anytime. Jaundice can cause disabilities sometimes
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nnekaike(f): 8:49pm On Dec 19, 2020
Deeedeee:

pls mama,don't reduce your water intake,Nothing can replace water as a breastfeeding mom.

infact good water intake increases lactation more than anything else.

taking pap like water can increase the weight tremendously if her body is like mine from experience.

Nothing replaces WATER.

11 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by katchycouture(f): 10:25pm On Dec 19, 2020
sodiamond:

Take that baby to the hospital immediately. That he/she didn't have jaundice at birth doesn't mean jaundice can't develop anytime. Jaundice can cause disabilities sometimes

Thanks.. we have been to the hospital already and a repeat test showed that the first test wasn't correct, the doctors were shocked at the figures and sent us for a repeat test, we will be back to the hospital on Monday for another test.. thanks a lot

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by portable4real: 10:33pm On Dec 19, 2020
[quote author=katchycouture post=97241133]

Thanks.. we have been to the hospital already and a repeat test showed that the first test wasn't correct, the doctors ..

Diff Hospital with Different Policy and Management Protocol, with the result, I don't even expect them to release you to come for re test on Monday. They should have admit the baby and Commence Photo therapy and re do the Investigation. The values are high.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by adegbitown: 7:38am On Dec 20, 2020
With this result, are your Baby's eyes still yellow?
If yes, please commence treatment asap.
This has lingered for too long oo.
katchycouture:

Thanks.. we have been to the hospital already and a repeat test showed that the first test wasn't correct, the doctors were shocked at the figures and sent us for a repeat test, we will be back to the hospital on Monday for another test.. thanks a lot
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by katchycouture(f): 8:46am On Dec 20, 2020
adegbitown:
With this result, are your Baby's eyes still yellow?
If yes, please commence treatment asap.
This has lingered for too long oo.

Yes but they are fast clearing, the yellow colour isn't as it was before.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by katchycouture(f): 8:49am On Dec 20, 2020
[quote author=portable4real post=97241365][/quote]

I asked the doctor too about commencing treatment but I was told to wait for a third test before they would conclude on what to do because my baby was born preterm and it is expected of preterm babies, I was assured that of even with the figures of the second test that the jundice will clear on its own gradually.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nahzyla: 12:00pm On Dec 20, 2020
Please who knows what to do if you misplace immunization card?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by whyworryPH(f): 12:02pm On Dec 20, 2020
Mamas good morning. Please I need your help.

My baby girl turned 6 months on the 17th of December. I gave her Nan2 yesterday being 19th and she vomited after some hours. She continued vomiting at intervals that I had to place her on oral drip and also gave her zinc.
Diarrhea started shortly after the vomiting.

This is the 3rd time she is reacting to milk negatively. Last month at 5 months plus, I thought of giving her pap and milk since she seemed to always be hungry even after breastfeeding.

She was on exclusive breast milk feeding, but I bought SMA Gold 2 and added a little pap to it and gave her. She didn't take much, but after few hours, come and see vomiting. She really scared me. It was the doctor that prescribed the oral drip and zinc I gave her which helped with the vomiting and stooling.

The doctor asked that I wait until she is 6 months before introducing anything to her. I even blamed the vomiting on the new SMA which now comes in a different container.

I therefore bought NAN this time around because she was giving NAN1 for about 2-3 days when she was born after my CS until I was able to place her on exclusive breast milk. She never for once reacted to NAN when she was being fed with it.

Because she was always wanting me to breastfeed her, I got the same NAN1 and fed her at about 1 month plus so that she can be satisfied in case my breast milk wasn't enough for her anymore. She vomited, stooled and her temperature rose that we had to quickly rush her to the hospital. This was the first time she reacted to milk.

The second time was when she was about 5 months plus. Now, she is 6 months and still reacting the same way. I can tell it's not from the brand of milk as I thought. She is either lactose intolerant or allergic to milk. We will take her to the doctor one of these days.

But in the meantime, has any mama here experienced this? How can a child grow without milk? Will she ever outgrow this? I know my moniker says Whyworry but i'm really worried.

She is currently only on breastmilk as I don't know if cereals will give her the same reaction. What else can she eat please?

Please share your experience with me if you can. Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Everywomansprid: 1:13pm On Dec 20, 2020
Clearance sale

Buy your silver crest blender 3000w for blending fruits, tiger nuts, beans etc.
Price #20000

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by futuremoma34: 2:51pm On Dec 20, 2020
nahzyla:
Please who knows what to do if you misplace immunization card?

You will pay 500 to get a new one.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Sabicleaners: 3:42pm On Dec 20, 2020
Sorry about that!
She obviously has lactose intolerance.

What this means is that her body system might be allergic to diary products from animals. You can as well Google lactose intolerance in babies to get more insight about this.

And yes there are plant derivative milk fomular made up of soy milk, coconut milk etc
You might also want to speak with a pediatrician/dietician about the best milk replacement for her.

whyworryPhpost=97254969:
Mamas good morning. Please I need your help.

My baby girl turned 6 months on the 17th of December. I gave her Nan2 yesterday being 19th and she vomited after some hours. She continued vomiting at intervals that I had to place her on oral drip and also gave her zinc.
Diarrhea started shortly after the vomiting.

This is the 3rd time she is reacting to milk negatively. Last month at 5 months plus, I thought of giving her pap and milk since she seemed to always be hungry even after breastfeeding.

She was on exclusive breast milk feeding, but I bought SMA Gold 2 and added a little pap to it and gave her. She didn't take much, but after few hours, come and see vomiting. She really scared me. It was the doctor that prescribed the oral drip and zinc I gave her which helped with the vomiting and stooling.

The doctor asked that I wait until she is 6 months before introducing anything to her. I even blamed the vomiting on the new SMA which now comes in a different container.

I therefore bought NAN this time around because she was giving NAN1 for about 2-3 days when she was born after my CS until I was able to place her on exclusive breast milk. She never for once reacted to NAN when she was being fed with it.

Because she was always wanting me to breastfeed her, I got the same NAN1 and fed her at about 1 month plus so that she can be satisfied in case my breast milk wasn't enough for her anymore. She vomited, stooled and her temperature rose that we had to quickly rush her to the hospital. This was the first time she reacted to milk.

The second time was when she was about 5 months plus. Now, she is 6 months and still reacting the same way. I can tell it's not from the brand of milk as I thought. She is either lactose intolerant or allergic to milk. We will take her to the doctor one of these days.

But in the meantime, has any mama here experienced this? How can a child grow without milk? Will she ever outgrow this? I know my moniker says Whyworry but i'm really worried.

She is currently only on breastmilk as I don't know if cereals will give her the same reaction. What else can she eat please?

Please share your experience with me if you can. Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by olaniyisal: 6:23pm On Dec 20, 2020
Anyone have such experience, my friend son is 2years and six months old. He used to talk b4 corona but now he has stop talking. The boy very good with operating gadget
Anyone with such experience and how to make him talk back again. He is just showing no interest to talking. He prefer to cry while asking for something or point at it
Thanks in advance and God bless as u reply.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 6:29pm On Dec 20, 2020
AquaPetals:
Good Morning New Mums.

My baby is 2weeks old

Whoever is doing that daily massage with menthol ointment is first putting that same amount in her own eyes before putting it in that innocent baby's vagina.....

Say wetin na? Please let her be, stop that massage o. With all the sensitisation going on. Hmmm

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 6:34pm On Dec 20, 2020
AquaPetals:

Has she or you seen something like that before? I can't begin to imagine the pain that little baby face daily as soon as the mentol massage starts cry

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by whyworryPH(f): 7:53pm On Dec 20, 2020
Sabicleaners:
Sorry about that!
She obviously has lactose intolerance.

What this means is that her body system might be allergic to diary products from animals. You can as well Google lactose intolerance in babies to get more insight about this.

And yes there are plant derivative milk fomular made up of soy milk, coconut milk etc
You might also want to speak with a pediatrician/dietician about the best milk replacement for her.

Thank you ma.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AquaPetals(f): 8:57pm On Dec 20, 2020
angeltolly:

Has she or you seen something like that before? I can't begin to imagine the pain that little baby face daily as soon as the mentol massage starts cry
i know someone who wasn't massaged and has big clits. The person is now married and living normal life. Anyways I have put a stop to the massaging.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onyii042: 4:16pm On Dec 21, 2020
Hi moms
1. Pls is there anything I can do to reduce tummy bite in my 7 weeks old baby. Pls am FTM

2. Pls from what month will u start teaching d baby how to sit.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (2386) (2387) (2388) (2389) (2390) (2391) (2392) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.