Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,358 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:14 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2386) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4395054 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2383) (2384) (2385) (2386) (2387) (2388) (2389) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Vnus23: 3:18pm On Dec 07, 2020
She was given bath at a Teaching Hospital, we spent close to 20 days there starting from the day she was given birth to. She was discharged on the 21st day hoping that the jaundice will clear when we get home but NO it doesn't. We tried another hospital and that was where we were directed to do an MRI scan and the result said it was a possible biliary artesia. We aren't self medicating just prayers and all others normal. Medication baby takes.

tyhgfrdeswscbhf:

Wat and wat did u do at birth when u find out he has jaundice. And pls dont self medicate him again since his liver is already weak . U can try another hospital to get more ans
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by oxypressPlus: 4:28pm On Dec 07, 2020
Vnus23:
Can I have the whatsapp group number please?
0803xxxxxxxxxxgo to profile page!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by IamGreen1(f): 4:32pm On Dec 07, 2020
sugah:

Is your husband following ATP too? he should .
Let them know the information isn't just from Google but from pediatricians. Take her along for physical consultation with doctors if it continues.

I've asked the question on ATP and I was given a remarkable answer which I'd share with him though I tried posting yesterday but I couldn't. Their reply just put my mind at ease. Thanks my personal sugary Sugah

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amSteph(f): 5:08pm On Dec 07, 2020
IamGreen1:
Good morning sabi mama, pls is it advisable to used silverbird to bath babies to treat Oka (in MIL voice)
Mine used it too no matter what I said to dissuade her. I tried to wipe it off afterwards in my room but I think it gave DD a bald spot on her hairline where she puts it, cos the spot had scales peeling off like it had a bruise that was healing.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tyhgfrdeswscbhf(f): 7:36pm On Dec 07, 2020
Vnus23:
She was given bath at a Teaching Hospital, we spent close to 20 days there starting from the day she was given birth to. She was discharged on the 21st day hoping that the jaundice will clear when we get home but NO it doesn't. We tried another hospital and that was where we were directed to do an MRI scan and the result said it was a possible biliary artesia. We aren't self medicating just prayers and all others normal. Medication baby takes.

Was he giving antibiotics and kept under light? In the hospital
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by IamGreen1(f): 9:39pm On Dec 07, 2020
amSteph:

Mine used it too no matter what I said to dissuade her. I tried to wipe it off afterwards in my room but I think it gave DD a bald spot on her hairline where she puts it, cos the spot had scales peeling off like it had a bruise that was healing.

Mine can't use it because I didn't even buy it and she's been persuading me to but I won't buy it. We're leaving on Sunday to our house anyway

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gladmom: 10:42pm On Dec 07, 2020
Jcuttie:
Thank you very much Ma�, Does the black soap have a name or I can see any black soap to buy in any baby’s shop.

I used this one

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by RoyalEmpire: 12:52am On Dec 08, 2020
sugah:
Good morning all.
Please anyone with reviews about St Ives hospital (Ikeja) or Lagoon hospital (Ikeja) for CSection delivery?

Lagoon is good, I delivered my DS there.
Their service is top notch, both anti nd post natal.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Vnus23: 10:30am On Dec 08, 2020
Yes lots of antibiotics and kept under light for days

tyhgfrdeswscbhf:

Was he giving antibiotics and kept under light? In the hospital
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 11:11am On Dec 08, 2020
RoyalEmpire:

Lagoon is good, I delivered my DS there.
Their service is top notch, both anti nd post natal.
Thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gabby18: 11:58am On Dec 08, 2020
Hello mamas, pls does anyone know where I can get Rotavirus vaccine within ogba axis and the price..I tried Isalu Hospital, it's N11,250 which is quite expensive.

Please help..tganks6
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JOANDIVA(f): 3:00pm On Dec 08, 2020
Good day mamas, from how many weeks does a new born baby start to see
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 08, 2020
Good day mums. I am new here though I have been following this thread, it's quite educative.
I am a first time mum with a baby of 5months.

To your question, it depends oo. They start seeing images first then they start seeing clearly from 8weeks. Mine started around 6-8weeks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 5:05pm On Dec 08, 2020
gabby18:
Hello mamas, pls does anyone know where I can get Rotavirus vaccine within ogba axis and the price..I tried Isalu Hospital, it's N11,250 which is quite expensive.

Please help..tganks6

Why not get it in lasuth, its 7700
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JOANDIVA(f): 6:00pm On Dec 08, 2020
stella1997:
Good day mums. I am new here though I have been following this thread, it's quite educative.
I am a first time mum with a baby of 5months.

To your question, it depends oo. They start seeing images first then they start seeing clearly from 8weeks. Mine started around 6-8weeks
Alright thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gabby18: 11:24pm On Dec 08, 2020
angeltolly:

Do yoo know what days they do the immunization
Thanks for the info
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Babygal2020(f): 6:31am On Dec 09, 2020
angeltolly:

I thought Lagos would be cheaper. Rotavirus vaccine is #6500 here in Abeokuta.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Babygal2020(f): 6:33am On Dec 09, 2020
Hello mummies:

My baby boy had a tongue-tie when he was born though the nurses didn't notice it.
Some weeks later, I took him to a midwife who released it with a scissors. I don't know if she did a poor job because the tie re-attached few days later. I read somewhere that I should have been doing stretches on his tongue but she didn't tell me and by then, it had already re-attached.

This issue is giving me a lot of concern. I'm thinking of taking him to another midwife next week.

Pls what do you suggest I do?
He is 17 weeks and we reside in Abeokuta, Ogun State. Though I wouldn't mind taking him to Lagos if that would be the solution.
N/B: A pediatric nurse on hearing of the tongue-tie that was released shouted at me for doing it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by IamGreen1(f): 10:08am On Dec 09, 2020
JOANDIVA:

Alright thanks

How far ma'am, is your baby now sucking well now?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 1:43pm On Dec 09, 2020
gabby18:

Do yoo know what days they do the immunization
Thanks for the info

Tuesdays for babies less than 6 months.. Also i guess for private vaccine, you can go there any day of the week

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 1:49pm On Dec 09, 2020
Babygal2020:
Hello mummies:

My baby boy had a tongue-tie when he was born though the nurses didn't notice it.
Some weeks later, I took him to a midwife who released it with a scissors. I don't know if she did a poor job because the tie re-attached few days later. I read somewhere that I should have been doing stretches on his tongue but she didn't tell me and by then, it had already re-attached.

This issue is giving me a lot of concern. I'm thinking of taking him to another midwife next week.

Pls what do you suggest I do?
He is 17 weeks and we reside in Abeokuta, Ogun State. Though I wouldn't mind taking him to Lagos if that would be the solution.
N/B: A pediatric nurse on hearing of the tongue-tie that was released shouted at me for doing it.

Please, dont cut that tongue again o. If you have any concern, let the pediatrician check him not sone random midwife

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gabby18: 2:14pm On Dec 09, 2020
angeltolly:

Tuesdays for babies less than 6 months.. Also i guess for private vaccine, you can go there any day of the week
Ok thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Babygal2020(f): 2:25pm On Dec 09, 2020
angeltolly:

Please, dont cut that tongue again o. If you have any concern, let the pediatrician check him not sone random midwife

A pediatric nurse scolded me for cutting/releasing it the first time. Most paediatricians don't encourage cutting tongue-ties. But tongue-tie has a lot of negative implications.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JOANDIVA(f): 9:56pm On Dec 09, 2020
IamGreen1:

How far ma'am, is your baby now sucking well now?
yes he is. but after sucking within some minutes he will start crying again, till I give him formula. I guess the breast milk is not enough for him
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nancystan: 1:01am On Dec 10, 2020
I'm heartbroken ! My sister delivered of a baby with his intestine stick out of the belly . The hospital she had her baby transferred her to a teaching hospital, my fear is will the hospital have the necessary equipment for surgery.please does anyone know about this birth defect , survival rate and surgery in Nigeria
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by futuremoma34: 3:15am On Dec 10, 2020
Nancystan:
I'm heartbroken ! My sister delivered of a baby with his intestine stick out of the belly . The hospital she had her baby transferred her to a teaching hospital, my fear is will the hospital have the necessary equipment for surgery.please does anyone know about this birth defect , survival rate and surgery in Nigeria

Wch hospital is that?? Her location..so that we can advise better. Yes if taken to a good hospital, there is 90% survival rate,if she follows doctors instruction and prescriptions. I wish the baby QUICK recovery
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 3:46am On Dec 10, 2020
Babygal2020:
I thought Lagos would be cheaper. Rotavirus vaccine is #6500 here in Abeokuta.
I wish they know what's rotavirus vaccine here in Minna. I asked in the General hospital and the nurse jex dey look me like say I fall from sky
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Balley(f): 4:11am On Dec 10, 2020
Good day mothers
I'm a first time mum, I got to know about this group when I was in my 9th month of pregnancy. my baby is less than a month, my fear is whenever I feed her, after some times she brings out the food from her nose and mouth, instead of just mouth, though not always. Please is it normal??
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nancystan: 6:41am On Dec 10, 2020
Teaching hospital Nnewi

Wch hospital is that?? Her location..so that we can advise better. Yes if taken to a good hospital, there is 90% survival rate,if she follows doctors instruction and prescriptions. I wish the baby QUICK recovery [/quote]
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by futuremoma34: 7:04am On Dec 10, 2020
[quote author=Nancystan post=96915147]Teaching hospital Nnewi

The hospital is very good, just keep hope high and by God grace, the baby will be ok and better.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by futuremoma34: 7:07am On Dec 10, 2020
Balley:
Good day mothers
I'm a first time mum, I got to know about this group when I was in my 9th month of pregnancy. my baby is less than a month, my fear is whenever I feed her, after some times she brings out the food from her nose and mouth, instead of just mouth, though not always. Please is it normal??

Oooh mama...whenever you feed your baby,sid her down and gently rub her back until she bleached.it helps to reduce her from choking. I hope you understand. Dnt immediately lay her down,or shake her . Just gentle rub her back, when she bleache ,you hold her for like 20 or 30 minutes, before you lay her down.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Babygal2020(f): 7:45am On Dec 10, 2020
SapphirePRINCEX:
I wish they know what's rotavirus vaccine here in Minna. I asked in the General hospital and the nurse jex dey look me like say I fall from sky
Lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (2383) (2384) (2385) (2386) (2387) (2388) (2389) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.