Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,209 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2400) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4400284 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2397) (2398) (2399) (2400) (2401) (2402) (2403) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gassbee: 3:40pm On Feb 18, 2021
Glowing1:

Anothing thing ma, since i gave birth Ive not had milk in my breast. I felt so bad cos it like Im starving my baby. I had to buy nan 1, which d doctor ask me not to give to her. She only takes water. I keep putting her to d breast hoping milk will be out. I drink pap everyday n tea hoping for change but none yet. We'll be one week old by Sunday
some mums do esperience lack of milk, if it persist u wil need to introduce formula milk
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FairyGodmother: 9:11am On Feb 19, 2021
Glowing1:

Ma, about d sit bath, do u mean it's not good? Cos my mom does sit bath for me with a small kitchen chair, with hot water on my tummy n every part. Doh I told her not to use it on my cut, like she did previously, n she listened. Should her tell her to stop sit bath completely?

As for baby food.. I will definitely continue with d nan 1, cos I really feel for her, she hasn't even added since birth.

Lastly pls how long did it take u to poo, cos since I put to birth I've not gone to toilet. Is it a thing to be worried about or its a normal thing everyone with episiotomy experience?
I did not do the sitz bath. I was just washing the place as I do always while bathing. You are strong o. Mine I couldn't sit down for the hot water massage.
For the poop, I think it's after 4 days or thereabout. It was difficult as I read maybe cos I pooped on the delivery bed and my foods after birth were mainly pap, soups and tea which I took intentionally cos I dreaded the first poop after episiotomy.
I read that citrus fruits aren't good for a breastfeeding mother cos its acidity upsets the newborn stomach. I munched well on paw-paw and watermelon. You can try avocado, it's good.
All the best

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mumaraoluwa: 4:19pm On Feb 19, 2021
*TRIED EVERYTHING AND STILL NOT LOOSING WEIGHT?* *TRY THIS*

Have you been depressed, shy and rejected because of excess fat in your body?

I have a good news for you today

This method will perfectly take you from a shy, depressed and rejected you to a confident, fitted and coveted you!

Since I started my body transformation consultancy some years ago, one of the main question people ask me is *how they can use Nigerian foods to lose weight and reduce belly fats*

I had a chat with Mary, one of my clients some months back and she told me what most women face out there but are too shy to talk about.

She told me she is feeling bad about her after birth weight and it's making her depressed, she had been faced with the fact that she was losing her sexy figure, she hated herself and concluded that she was becoming ugly.

I felt touched by Mary's ordeal and couldn't help but share the recent research I made about the proven ways to transform ones body in just 28 days using Nigerian meals.
Mary was skeptical at first, but on a second thought she decide to give it a trial.

I was stunned the day I walked into Sade at ShopRite Ikeja, looking bold and beautiful, she explained to me how she has used the 28 day body transformation diligently and her husband now cherishes her body more.

Would you take action as Mary did and get back your dream figure 8 shape? Or would you just keep watching and hope something will happen? Or do you want to continue stressing yourself unnecessarily at the gym without getting any reasonable result?

I'm holding a free WhatsApp class where I'm going to show you how to burn those stubborn fat using the exact same process Mary did to get her figure 8 back.

Click the link below to join the group
https:///H8oDlTsFLHjJwfG3jKxAai
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Sophiemama: 5:13pm On Feb 19, 2021
shithapuns:

its the size 4 that is scarce, size 2 and 3 is everywhere in the market.

Same as kisskid, or slightly beta?
sorry for the late response. I have not used kisskids so I can't tell which is better, but the Mario and Juliet that I'm using is good.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Sophiemama: 5:15pm On Feb 19, 2021
tpapi:
wat is d price and quantity for size 2
I use size four. 84 pieces for 4300. I don't know about size 2.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nnekaike(f): 8:20pm On Feb 19, 2021
Mumaraoluwa:
*TRIED EVERYTHING AND STILL NOT LOOSING WEIGHT?* *TRY THIS*

Have you been depressed, shy and rejected because of excess fat in your body?

I have a good news for you today

This method will perfectly take you from a shy, depressed and rejected you to a confident, fitted and coveted you!

Since I started my body transformation consultancy some years ago, one of the main question people ask me is *how they can use Nigerian foods to lose weight and reduce belly fats*

I had a chat with Mary, one of my clients some months back and she told me what most women face out there but are too shy to talk about.

She told me she is feeling bad about her after birth weight and it's making her depressed, she had been faced with the fact that she was losing her sexy figure, she hated herself and concluded that she was becoming ugly.

I felt touched by Mary's ordeal and couldn't help but share the recent research I made about the proven ways to transform ones body in just 28 days using Nigerian meals.
Mary was skeptical at first, but on a second thought she decide to give it a trial.

I was stunned the day I walked into Sade at ShopRite Ikeja, looking bold and beautiful, she explained to me how she has used the 28 day body transformation diligently and her husband now cherishes her body more.

Would you take action as Mary did and get back your dream figure 8 shape? Or would you just keep watching and hope something will happen? Or do you want to continue stressing yourself unnecessarily at the gym without getting any reasonable result?

I'm holding a free WhatsApp class where I'm going to show you how to burn those stubborn fat using the exact same process Mary did to get her figure 8 back.

Click the link below to join the group
https:///H8oDlTsFLHjJwfG3jKxAai
the link is not working
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Joshua62: 8:48am On Feb 20, 2021
Good morning to all mothers in the house.

My 2 months old son has this recurring pus boils on his face..not big boils..small about 5 boils.
What can we use to clear off the boil.

Best regards
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by threegees(f): 10:42am On Feb 20, 2021
Good morning moms.
I have two questions, please.

First, we had our 14 weeks immunization last month. We were given three vaccines out of the four stated on the immunization card. We took OPV, Penta3 and one other that I can't remember. We didn't take IPV, but we were given appointment for 4 months which is this Tuesday.
My question here is, do they give vaccines for 4 months because for my other kids, it was 6 months Vitamin A after the 14 weeks. Hope it was not a mistake?

Then secondly, when do we graduate to size 3 diapers? The size 2 diapers we wear just doesn't strap well but it fits a bit. [s] I don't know if what I'm typing is making sense.[/s]
We are 4 months already
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 10:47am On Feb 20, 2021
Joshua62:
Good morning to all mothers in the house.

My 2 months old son has this recurring pus boils on his face..not big boils..small about 5 boils.
What can we use to clear off the boil.

Best regards
Boils are usually a sign of bacterial infection (according to pediatricians)
See a doctor for drug prescription.
Always ensure anyone handling the baby washes their hands before touching him.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Briells: 12:01pm On Feb 20, 2021
Hi mums... For those of us who pregnancy showed our skin shege, with acne, pimples, black spots and all sorts, I have konjac sponge for sale to make you pop again! I didn't believe all the pimples and blackspots my baby gave to me would actually clear o! But it has and my face and neck is popping after just 1 week of consistent usage. Contact me on 08062511610.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Briells: 12:13pm On Feb 20, 2021
Sorry about this dear. Get someone to buy fresh palmwine for you so you can take (they should tell the person it's for a new mum, so they don't give you the one mixed with saccharine) Massage your breasts lightly with a warm towel, then massage your shoulders and back with warm towel (by back I mean the spot your breast is behind). Your milk would start flowing few hours after you do this.
Glowing1:

Anothing thing ma, since i gave birth Ive not had milk in my breast. I felt so bad cos it like Im starving my baby. I had to buy nan 1, which d doctor ask me not to give to her. She only takes water. I keep putting her to d breast hoping milk will be out. I drink pap everyday n tea hoping for change but none yet. We'll be one week old by Sunday

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Glowing1: 1:16pm On Feb 20, 2021
I say a big thank you to everyone who responded to u.. God bless u all. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 3:49pm On Feb 20, 2021
threegees:
Good morning moms.
I have two questions, please.

First, we had our 14 weeks immunization last month. We were given three vaccines out of the four stated on the immunization card. We took OPV, Penta3 and one other that I can't remember. We didn't take IPV, but we were given appointment for 4 months which is this Tuesday.
My question here is, do they give vaccines for 4 months because for my other kids, it was 6 months Vitamin A after the 14 weeks. Hope it was not a mistake?

Then secondly, when do we graduate to size 3 diapers? The size 2 diapers we wear just doesn't strap well but it fits a bit. [s] I don't know if what I'm typing is making sense.[/s]
We are 4 months already

Graduate to size 3 already. Dunno about 4 months immunisation tho, maybe it wasn't available on that day so they scheduled you for four months

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by threegees(f): 7:16pm On Feb 20, 2021
angeltolly:

Graduate to size 3 already. Dunno about 4 months immunisation tho, maybe it wasn't available on that day so they scheduled you for four months

Thank you so much
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by 0Brien: 9:30pm On Feb 20, 2021
WASHABLE REUSABLE BABY CLOTH DIAPERS NOW AVAILABLE!

Why choose CLoth diaper:

No chemical - cloth diapers are chemically free compared to disposable diapers.

Breathable – the material allows air to circulate freely & keeps the baby’s bottom cool to prevent diaper rash.

Healthy bum-bum – lower the risks of diaper rashes or bacterial growth.

Potty training - many babies spend less time on potty training when they are on cloth diapers.

Convenient – its less likely to leak because of its secured elastic gusset and adjustable waist.

Be kind to mother earth – cloth diapering will keep us from contributing to more trash.

They are cute- cloth diapers come in so many designs and colors. Simply adorable!

Save Money- the starting cost for cloth diapering may be a little pricey. However, you will save a lot in the long run.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zeemuslimah: 11:38pm On Feb 20, 2021
Dear moms please what can i use to clear dark spots and rashes on my 9month old baby hands(just from her arm to her wrist)....I notice the rashes do come out when she sweat which turn to dark spot later on.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 4:34am On Feb 21, 2021
zeemuslimah:
Dear moms please what can i use to clear dark spots and rashes on my 9month old baby hands(just from her arm to her wrist)....I notice the rashes do come out when she sweat which turn to dark spot later on.

Put up a picture
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zeemuslimah: 9:20am On Feb 21, 2021
babythug:

Put up a picture
the rashes are dry already but leaving spots on her hands

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Glowing1: 10:11pm On Feb 21, 2021
Briells:
Sorry about this dear. Get someone to buy fresh palm wine for you so you can take (they should tell the person it's for a new mum, so they don't give you the one mixed with saccharine) Massage your breasts lightly with a warm towel, then massage your shoulders and back with a warm towel (by back I mean the spot your breast is behind). Your milk would start flowing few hours after you do this.

I sent for d palm wine, I'm not sure it's d original one my sis bought. I took it anyways. Sincerely I'm truly bothered about my breast milk. Today makes us one 1week old, yet my breast is not responding well. My baby can be on it sucking for close to 2hrs, yet she won't be satisfied till i give her water or nan 1, n she will finish it like she was not on my breast for that long.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nnekaike(f): 10:56pm On Feb 21, 2021
Glowing1:

I sent for d palm wine, I'm not sure it's d original one my sis bought. I took it anyways. Sincerely I'm truly bothered about my breast milk. Today makes us one 1week old, yet my breast is not responding well. My baby can be on it sucking for close to 2hrs, yet she won't be satisfied till i give her water or nan 1, n she will finish it like she was not on my breast for that long.
Don't worry mama it will be fine,did you heat up the palmwine a little b4 taking it? please increase your water incase,warm water works for me,eat well and rest well too.
you can use a pump and see the quantity that comes out,ensure she is latching well too.
for now,PLEASE feed her well with the NAN 1,she should be taking 30mls every three hours I think.
Hope you are healing well too,kisses to baby.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by 0Brien: 2:27pm On Feb 22, 2021
Iii
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Joct: 3:09pm On Feb 22, 2021
Joct:
Please experienced mums in the house, FTM here! I need your help. How do I correct my three month old baby from opening the mouth even while asleep?

Your answers will be appreciated. Pls I’m worried, I heard it’s not something to be taken lightly as it can affect their health

Help my baby is still not closing the mouth, I’m getting tired.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 4:32pm On Feb 22, 2021
Joct:

Help my baby is still not closing the mouth, I’m getting tired.

Babe, it isn't an instant result thingy. It's a gradual process that could take months. patience is the key.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by purplish(f): 4:40pm On Feb 22, 2021
Mamas, I am travelling alone with my 6-week-old baby soon and I am very nervous. Its a local flight, 1 hour max, plus additional 2hr+ trips to/from the airports. Does anyone have tips to share eg. how to pack essentials but pack light, go through airport security with some milk, protect my baby's ears from plane noise and keep her calm throughout? Thanks in advance!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by juola(f): 5:41pm On Feb 22, 2021
Good Evening mummy, can I clean my CS incision with spirit after the application of GV or I should just leave it without cleaning?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 6:16pm On Feb 22, 2021
purplish:
Mamas, I am travelling alone with my 6-week-old baby soon and I am very nervous. Its a local flight, 1 hour max, plus additional 2hr+ trips to/from the airports. Does anyone have tips to share eg. how to pack essentials but pack light, go through airport security with some milk, protect my baby's ears from plane noise and keep her calm throughout? Thanks in advance!
Travelling alone with a baby can be a bit stressful sometimes but being prepared helps reduce the stress.

Packing: you'd check in the bag containing your lotions etc but make sure you pack all baby essentials in a carry on. Diaper/wipes/clothes to last you a whole day (just in case the airline delays your checked-in baggage)

Milk: you can carry milk in those storage bags that has an ice pack..Nigerian aviation security people can be silly sometimes, don't let them bully you into believing you can't carry milk onto the plane.

Plane noise..isn't really a problem for a 1hr flight..however you should be more concerned about pressure changes during climbing and descending and the effects on ear drums...if she sleeps through those phases it wouldn't be a problem but if she's awake and starts becoming cranky and crying it means the pressure change is affecting her ears. Sucking on something(breast/pacifier/bottle) will relieve the pain.

Put your baby in a carrier so your hands are free for the journey especially the check-in and boarding process. You don't have to remove the carrier to go through security.
You'd need an ID/means to show your baby's birth date for check-in. Hope you indicated you're travelling with an Infant on the ticket?

8 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by purplish(f): 9:53pm On Feb 22, 2021
sugah:

Travelling alone with a baby can be a bit stressful sometimes but being prepared helps reduce the stress.

You'd need an ID/means to show your baby's birth date for check-in. Hope you indicated you're travelling with an Infant on the ticket?

Thanks mama! Really helpful tips. Regarding ID, I will have her birth certificate with me. For the ticket, I booked it before her birth and could not indicate that. The airline has asked that we just turn up and I pay a 10% surcharge at check-in to fly with her. Thanks again.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gassbee: 6:54am On Feb 23, 2021
Briells:
Sorry about this dear. Get someone to buy fresh palmwine for you so you can take (they should tell the person it's for a new mum, so they don't give you the one mixed with saccharine) Massage your breasts lightly with a warm towel, then massage your shoulders and back with warm towel (by back I mean the spot your breast is behind). Your milk would start flowing few hours after you do this.
after the massaging what is d next step on how d palmwine should be taken
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Briells: 10:08am On Feb 24, 2021
The massaging is not one-off, you have to do it consistently until you see your milk is rushing. Note: the massage for the boobs is not a rough one, the idea is to make heat penetrate and unblock any milk duct that may be blocked. Also, use sponge to consistently wash your nipples incase there are blockages. There is no procedure for the palmwine, just drink it and continue putting your baby to breast while doing all of these.

gassbee:
after the massaging what is d next step on how d palmwine should be taken
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gassbee: 2:28pm On Feb 24, 2021
Briells:
The massaging is not one-off, you have to do it consistently until you see your milk is rushing. Note: the massage for the boobs is not a rough one, the idea is to make heat penetrate and unblock any milk duct that may be blocked. Also, use sponge to consistently wash your nipples incase there are blockages. There is no procedure for the palmwine, just drink it and continue putting your baby to breast while doing all of these.

thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Adequate459: 9:00am On Feb 25, 2021
Hello mommas,
My baby girl of 1 year 8 months old had taken several drugs including antibiotics(Amosiclav) for cough but all to no avail.
Please note that the drugs are prescribed by medical expert
What else can i give her,i am worried,please

(1) (2) (3) ... (2397) (2398) (2399) (2400) (2401) (2402) (2403) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.