Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,856 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2401) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4395690 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2398) (2399) (2400) (2401) (2402) (2403) (2404) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tessicatess: 7:09pm On Feb 25, 2021
[quote author=FairyGodmother post=98915736]
Hello Ma'am, how are you and baby doing? Have you been able to get rid of the irritation? How did you do it cos my DD is developing it gradually. Thank you [/qu
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tessicatess: 7:10pm On Feb 25, 2021
FairyGodmother:

Hello Ma'am, how are you and baby doing? Have you been able to get rid of the irritation? How did you do it cos my DD is developing it gradually. Thank you

Hello ma’am. Sorry I’m just seeing this. All the creams prescribed by the doctors didn’t work for me. It was rather making those spots lighter than her body. I had to complain to my mum and a leaf was sent to me alongside a local cream and soap. I boil the leaf and bath her with it morning and night. She drinks from it morning and night. I also drink it as well cause she’s on EBF.I honestly didn’t ask the name of the leaf, it cleared under a week but the scars are still there. I just finished using the leaf treatment 3days ago, you can imagine how long this has lasted. I wished I had told my mum earlier, perhaps these creams from the hospital wouldn’t have done it’s own wahala. Anyways I learnt from it. How’s your baby doing now?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tpapi: 7:17pm On Feb 25, 2021
Sophiemama:
I use size four. 84 pieces for 4300. I don't know about size 2.
Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tessicatess: 7:26pm On Feb 25, 2021
Hello Mamas
Please I need inputs on varieties of food I can introduce my baby to. We’re still on EBF at the moment. She’s 5months plus, I want to start introducing her to different meals before 6 months so she starts getting used to eating.
Also can she start taking water or I should wait till she’s 6months?

On the other hand, she poops every 3 days which I’ve gotten used to as she’s on EBF, but for the past 6 days now she hasn’t. She just farts grin cheesy grin I’ve massaged her tommy with warm water and all, no way. I kuku let her be. Please Mamas should I be worried?
I’ll really appreciate your inputs. Thank you!!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugarcoatted(f): 7:33pm On Feb 25, 2021
My baby's poo today was like rock. She hates water always spits it out once she tastes it and i cant do exclusive breastfeeding as i have resumed work. So she takes Nan1 while I'm at work but once i close by 3pm, we switch back to breastmilk. Biko, how to i prevent constipation? Even the way she wails when you give her water eh, like its bitter...someone please save a worried new mum. I really dunno what to do.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by threegees(f): 8:47pm On Feb 25, 2021
Tessicatess:
Hello Mamas
Please I need inputs on varieties of food I can introduce my baby to. We’re still on EBF at the moment. She’s 5months plus, I want to start introducing her to different meals before 6 months so she starts getting used to eating.
Also can she start taking water or I should wait till she’s 6months?

On the other hand, she poops every 3 days which I’ve gotten used to as she’s on EBF, but for the past 6 days now she hasn’t. She just farts grin cheesy grin I’ve massaged her tommy with warm water and all, no way. I kuku let her be. Please Mamas should I be worried?
I’ll really appreciate your inputs. Thank you!!
Wait till she is six months, Ma.
A nutritionist advised me so.
Foods you can give your baby (apart from the cereals in the market) are purees-rice puree, carrot puree, banana/avocado puree, rice and apple puree. You can also give brown pap, tombrown cereal, Amala and ewedu with flaked Titus fish, mashed irish potatoes and fish, etc. You also will keep mixing her foods with milk. Those are the ones I can think of now

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by threegees(f): 8:49pm On Feb 25, 2021
sugarcoatted:
My baby's poo today was like rock. She hates water always spits it out once she tastes it and i cant do exclusive breastfeeding as i have resumed work. So she takes Nan1 while I'm at work but once i close by 3pm, we switch back to breastmilk. Biko, how to i prevent constipation? Even the way she wails when you give her water eh, like its bitter...someone please save a worried new mum. I really dunno what to do.
My baby was like this so what I do is to make the water I'm giving her warm, not hot or cold. Then immediately she wakes up from sleep at any time, I first give the water since she's not fully conscious to reject it grin

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shithapuns: 6:45am On Feb 26, 2021
whats the best remedy for cattarh ,
3rd day running now, given baby drugs from the pharmacy no relief.
I n addition to periodic sniffing of silver bird
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SPDAZZY(f): 9:00am On Feb 26, 2021
Good morning sabi mamas. Please someone should remind me of the palm oil or any other remedy for cough/catarrh for a 10month old. We have used prescribed cough syrups, vitamin c and it persists for about 10days now.

It was formerly just the catarrh but now she coughs phlegm but is unable to spit it out and ends up swallowing it back. Please how can I bring some relief to her.

I know the weather could contribute. I would appreciate any quick suggestions. Thanks mamas
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tessicatess: 5:19pm On Feb 26, 2021
threegees:

Wait till she is six months, Ma.
A nutritionist advised me so.
Foods you can give your baby (apart from the cereals in the market) are purees-rice puree, carrot puree, banana/avocado puree, rice and apple puree. You can also give brown pap, tombrown cereal, Amala and ewedu with flaked Titus fish, mashed irish potatoes and fish, etc. You also will keep mixing her foods with milk. Those are the ones I can think of now

Thanks Cappo kiss

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Glowing1: 7:54pm On Feb 26, 2021
Good evening mamas in d house. I started exclusive breastfeeding ystdy, it's been 3days my baby has not poo, as if thats not enough since today till now she hasn't pee, not even a aingle time. Now my mum is saying how will she pee when we don't give her water. Pls help me, cos I dont know if all is well with her
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Glowing1: 8:18pm On Feb 26, 2021
I'm tempted to add water to breastmilk even if i don't give formulae, we are 12days today, everyone is saying she has lost weight just ystdy n today. My mom is saying she gave me water when I was that age n dont know why I don't want to give her grandchild water. She said d cause is dehydration. Now I'm not sure I can continue with exclusive breastfeeding. Pls has anyone experienced similar thing before. Pls help
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 11:33pm On Feb 26, 2021
Glowing1:
Good evening mamas in d house. I started exclusive breastfeeding ystdy, it's been 3days my baby has not poo, as if thats not enough since today till now she hasn't pee, not even a aingle time. Now my mum is saying how will she pee when we don't give her water. Pls help me, cos I dont know if all is well with her
This is a picture of breastmilk stored in the fridge. The thick whitish part on top is the fat and all the nutrients and water is below it. So, No you don't need to give water to an exclusively breastfed baby.
EBF can either poo after every meal or go upto 2 weeks without pooing, it's normal.
However, her not peeing might mean she's not getting enough milk. So what you should do is to get a breastpump to express milk. Breastfeed her then top it up with expressed milk.

You have to eliminate the chatter..thank God its your own mother so she wouldn't feel slighted when you tell her to stop stressing you with the water issue..stress will affect your production.

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 12:02am On Feb 27, 2021
Glowing1:
I'm tempted to add water to breastmilk even if i don't give formulae, we are 12days today, everyone is saying she has lost weight just ystdy n today. My mom is saying she gave me water when I was that age n dont know why I don't want to give her grandchild water. She said d cause is dehydration. Now I'm not sure I can continue with exclusive breastfeeding. Pls has anyone experienced similar thing before. Pls help

Your baby's body is using up everything. I experienced it on some days.It could mean you aren't producing enough .you can pump more but pls don't give water if you intend to only exclusively breastfeed.Breastmilk is almost water .When you add water you reduce the quality of the milk your baby will be receiving.You can pump more or add formula.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FairyGodmother: 7:47am On Feb 27, 2021
Tessicatess:

Hello ma’am. Sorry I’m just seeing this. All the creams prescribed by the doctors didn’t work for me. It was rather making those spots lighter than her body. I had to complain to my mum and a leaf was sent to me alongside a local cream and soap. I boil the leaf and bath her with it morning and night. She drinks from it morning and night. I also drink it as well cause she’s on EBF.I honestly didn’t ask the name of the leaf, it cleared under a week but the scars are still there. I just finished using the leaf treatment 3days ago, you can imagine how long this has lasted. I wished I had told my mum earlier, perhaps these creams from the hospital wouldn’t have done it’s own wahala. Anyways I learnt from it. How’s your baby doing now?
Good to hear your baby is fine now. Mine is fine too. I used Tetmosol soap and ude aki (dat black palm kernel oil) and it cleared up within 5 days.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FairyGodmother: 8:12am On Feb 27, 2021
Glowing1:
Please give baby formula with adequate water. Dehydration isn't good for babies. I guess baby didn't get any milk at all. A newborn should pee within 15 minutes to 30 minutes after each feed. It's an indication she got enough milk. Please check your latch. Don't offer her breast when she is crying /hungry /cranky since you haven't established good breastfeeding. You can offer breast after like an hour after you have given her formula. This will help to be sure she is suckling with strength. Calm down, you are a good mom. As for the weight loss, it is normal for babies to lose weight after their first 14 days. You can start EBF even after one month once you are sure baby is latching properly and your supply is OK. I totally understand your plight cos I was there but it's a different story today. We are 5months + and on EBF. You too can make it. Bring her to the breast whenever she is not asleep. Don't time it... All the best

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Glowing1: 4:31pm On Feb 27, 2021
sugah:

This is a picture of breastmilk stored in the fridge. The thick whitish part on top is the fat and all the nutrients and water is below it. So, No you don't need to give water to an exclusively breastfed baby.
EBF can either poo after every meal or go upto 2 weeks without pooing, it's normal.
However, her not peeing might mean she's not getting enough milk. So what you should do is to get a breastpump to express milk. Breastfeed her then top it up with expressed milk.

You have to eliminate the chatter..thank God its your own mother so she wouldn't feel slighted when you tell her to stop stressing you with the water issue..stress will affect your production.

Ma i don tire for d whole process its so tiring, I will opt for breast pump, wch would u recommend ? D electric or manual?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 10:24pm On Feb 27, 2021
Glowing1:

Ma i don tire for d whole process its so tiring, I will opt for breast pump, wch would u recommend ? D electric or manual?
I have both electric and manual. The manual is tommee tippee brand (12k500) and electric is a chinko brand I bought on jumia for 6k.
Personally I prefer using the manual cos I get more milk out and I can move around while pumping.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Glowing1: 9:51am On Feb 28, 2021
FairyGodmother:

How is baby doing? Hope she's peed? You will be fine las las. Well, I bought chinko 'avent' manual pump. I bought it cos I had flat n.ipples with the intention that it will help pull out the flat n.ipples. But couldn't use it because the pain was outta dis world. I will suggest you go for double electric breast pump. I heard its quite efficient in pumping milk. Sending plenty e-hugs to ease the stress. Feel free to text me on o8ioooioo45 for more clarification.

Ma, we had to give her water cos she didn't.. Even till now she neva poo.. N her mess can smell. Motherhood is not easy o.. Not finding it funny, if my hospital was close by God knows i would av been strolling there everyday with her, cos i dont undst again.

Your contact number is missed up, can't reach u
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Glowing1: 9:52am On Feb 28, 2021
sugah:

I have both electric and manual. The manual is tommee tippee brand (12k500) and electric is a chinko brand I bought on jumia for 6k.
Personally I prefer using the manual cos I get more milk out and I can move around while pumping.

Thanks ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FairyGodmother: 10:02am On Feb 28, 2021
Glowing1:

Ma, we had to give her water cos she didn't.. Even till now she neva poo.. N her mess can smell. Motherhood is not easy o.. Not finding it funny, if my hospital was close by God knows i would av been strolling there everyday with her, cos i dont undst again.

Your contact number is missed up, can't reach u
Are you saying she hasn't pee since yesterday? She mustn't poop everyday but for pee na must especially within 15 - 30 minutes after each feed. To be sure remove the diapers and observe her. If she did not pee hurriedly take her to the hospital cos she's dehydrated already. Distance shouldn't be a barrier please.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pweetiebabe(f): 7:50pm On Feb 28, 2021
SPDAZZY:
Good morning sabi mamas. Please someone should remind me of the palm oil or any other remedy for cough/catarrh for a 10month old. We have used prescribed cough syrups, vitamin c and it persists for about 10days now.

It was formerly just the catarrh but now she coughs phlegm but is unable to spit it out and ends up swallowing it back. Please how can I bring some relief to her.

I know the weather could contribute. I would appreciate any quick suggestions. Thanks mamas
Story of my life right now, d running nose and cough is showing us shege we have used the prescribed drugs but d thing only subsided a little
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SPDAZZY(f): 9:10pm On Feb 28, 2021
Pweetiebabe:
Story of my life right now, d running nose and cough is showing us shege we have used the prescribed drugs but d thing only subsided a little

I started rubbing the menthol cream that came in her baby care set on her sides, chest and back and there is improvement. You can try it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 9:48pm On Feb 28, 2021
Pweetiebabe:

Are you doing steam inhalation for her? Try it religiously. Doctor said 3 times a day but I did twice and it worked fine.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Joyfulgal: 10:06am On Mar 01, 2021
Good morning mummies. Who knows about wheat and millet pap for a baby of 20 months.

Preparation
Wheat and millet the same quantity. Soaked, washed and blend/grind the same day. Then extract like pap

Please don't Waka pass o
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by izaray(f): 10:35am On Mar 01, 2021
angeltolly:

Are you doing steam inhalation for her? Try it religiously. Doctor said 3 times a day but I did twice and it worked fine.
Do you normally add silver bird to the hot water?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 11:15am On Mar 01, 2021
izaray:
Do you normally add silver bird to the hot water?

Yes o. Silverbird works best I think
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pweetiebabe(f): 12:53pm On Mar 01, 2021
angeltolly:

Maami, we are doing it o, but once a day, we will have to change it to twice...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pweetiebabe(f): 2:53pm On Mar 01, 2021
angeltolly:

double post
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 7:21pm On Mar 01, 2021
Pweetiebabe:
Maami, we are doing it o, but once a day, we will have to change it to twice...
Please do. I so much dread cold in babies jare. It showed us pepper some weeks ago

(1) (2) (3) ... (2398) (2399) (2400) (2401) (2402) (2403) (2404) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.