Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2459) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4406178 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2456) (2457) (2458) (2459) (2460) (2461) (2462) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Linda2019: 8:36pm On Apr 19, 2022
kokaiye:
lol... Mine refused d breast totally... Into exclusive pumping n breastfeeding... I stopped d formula cs my milk keep flowing lik river.
mine doesn't seem enough and the pain on my nipples when she sucks scares me to feed frequently especially when she is very hungry because she just woke up, she would bite and suck with anger��
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MummyHalo(f): 11:14pm On Apr 19, 2022
kokaiye:
pls can i ask wat u were feeding her for dt 3days u were not lactating cs same happened to me n i panicked dt e mayb starving n den started givin him formula in which e took but wen i started lactating e refuse direct breastfeedin which made me start pumping breastmilk into bottle for him till date.
Hello mama, were you giving baby the formular with a bottle? Newborns who are initially fed with bottles tend to refuse direct sucking since it’s easier to suck from bottle than the breast. The milk comes out easily from the bottle, compared to the breast which they have to suck out themselves. The best practice is to feed with cup and spoon. Even the nurses in my CS recovery ward kicked against the use of bottles.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzwealthy: 12:41am On Apr 20, 2022
kokaiye:
lol... Mine refused d breast totally... Into exclusive pumping n breastfeeding... I stopped d formula cs my milk keep flowing lik river.
please how old is ur baby ? Also what are d things u did for ur Mill to be flowing well. Pls Share with mi

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 1:07am On Apr 20, 2022
MummyHalo:

Hello mama, were you giving baby the formular with a bottle? Newborns who are initially fed with bottles tend to refuse direct sucking since it’s easier to suck from bottle than the breast. The milk comes out easily from the bottle, compared to the breast which they have to suck out themselves. The best practice is to feed with cup and spoon. Even the nurses in my CS recovery ward kicked against the use of bottles.
exactly i was given bottle ooo... I noticed too dt it was bcs it ws easier to suck frm bottle dan breast dt e refused d breast.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Linda2019: 2:05am On Apr 20, 2022
kokaiye:
exactly i was given bottle ooo... I noticed too dt it was bcs it ws easier to suck frm bottle dan breast dt e refused d breast.
i was told by the nurses to either use cup and spoon or syringe for injection to feed my baby
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugarcoatted(f): 6:07am On Apr 20, 2022
Linda2019:
i was told by the nurses to either use cup and spoon or syringe for injection to feed my baby

This is very correct. We used syringe while at the hospital or spoon. They didn't didn't allow bottle feeding at all.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 4:58pm On Apr 20, 2022
Mzwealthy:
please how old is ur baby ? Also what are d things u did for ur Mill to be flowing well. Pls Share with mi
he is 5weeks now... I use fenugreek capsule for d milk to start flowing
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzwealthy: 10:33pm On Apr 20, 2022
kokaiye:
he is 5weeks now... I use fenugreek capsule for d milk to start flowing
oh okay thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dunnybaby: 2:59pm On Apr 22, 2022
Hello mamas,how are our LOs doing? I was at the pregnancy forum till i gave birth. My princess is 4 months already. I can see mama's from the preg thread here, congratulations to us all.

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 5:32am On Apr 23, 2022
dunnybaby:
Hello mamas,how are our LOs doing? I was at the pregnancy forum till i gave birth. My princess is 4 months already. I can see mama's from the preg thread here, congratulations to us all.
tnk u dunny... Greetings to ur baby
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Linda2019: 1:19pm On Apr 23, 2022
Please mothers is it wrong to give babies below 3months water, I know medically it's wrong but my mother and mother-in-law has been on my neck to give water mainly because I'm using formula and also breastfeeding the baby.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugarcoatted(f): 1:33pm On Apr 23, 2022
Linda2019:
Please mothers is it wrong to give babies below 3months water, I know medically it's wrong but my mother and mother-in-law has been on my neck to give water mainly because I'm using formula and also breastfeeding the baby.

Since you are giving formula, you have to give water to avoid constipation. If you were giving only breastmilk, there wouldn't be any need for water.

7 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Linda2019: 3:48pm On Apr 23, 2022
sugarcoatted:

Since you are giving formula, you have to give water to avoid constipation. If you were giving only breastmilk, there wouldn't be any need for water.
my husband is scared of the idea of water his doctor friend said it worsens colic in baby and causes the baby to fall sick in the nearest future but I gave my first son water very well before he was 6months. I don't know why doctors keep saying water is dangerous for a baby that is not up to 6months
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugarcoatted(f): 4:32pm On Apr 23, 2022
Linda2019:
my husband is scared of the idea of water his doctor friend said it worsens colic in baby and causes the baby to fall sick in the nearest future but I gave my first son water very well before he was 6months. I don't know why doctors keep saying water is dangerous for a baby that is not up to 6months

Do exclusive breastfeeding so you dont have to give water then.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 11:34pm On Apr 23, 2022
Linda2019:
No doctor will tell you not to give water to a mixed or formular fed baby.
Doctors only advocate for no water on exclusively breastfed babies.
Breastmilk contains a high percentage of water and nutrients to sustain a baby for the first 6months of life. Breastmilk isnt "heavy" thats why mothers are advised to breastfeed on demand or every 2 hours. The baby’s stomach at that time is still very small so giving water means taking up space for milk in the stomach thereby reducing the nutrients the baby should receive at each feed.

13 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceymma: 7:43am On Apr 24, 2022
Hello dear,

If necessary you can give water . See attached guideline from the NHS UK on water .

Linda2019:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Linda2019: 10:37am On Apr 24, 2022
sugarcoatted:

Do exclusive breastfeeding so you dont have to give water then.
my breast milk isn't flowing well
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Linda2019: 10:38am On Apr 24, 2022
sugah:

No doctor will tell you not to give water to a mixed or formular fed baby.
Doctors only advocate for no water on exclusively breastfed babies.
Breastmilk contains a high percentage of water and nutrients to sustain a baby for the first 6months of life. Breastmilk isnt "heavy" thats why mothers are advised to breastfeed on demand or every 2 hours. The baby’s stomach at that time is still very small so giving water means taking up space for milk in the stomach thereby reducing the nutrients the baby should receive at each feed.
thanks for your response I would be giving her little water and more of breast milk
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Linda2019: 10:40am On Apr 24, 2022
spiceymma:
Hello dear,

If necessary you can give water . See attached guideline from the NHS UK on water .

thanks for your response
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Claire104: 10:26pm On Apr 24, 2022
Hello Mamas ..my 1year old has been having rashes on the head for some weeks now but boils are coming out too from different parts of his body..they said it's heat but I've used moju but it's not going.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BabeOk1(f): 4:38pm On Apr 25, 2022
Good day to all the mamas in the house, first I want to say this forum is so helpful and has been so helpful to me since the day I joined in and I’m so thankful for you all. I have a second baby that’s 3 months and My Brest is not producing as much milk as when I gave birth to my first baby, I have had surplus tea and pap and still comes out normally and not the way I want it to. I love breastfeeding my baby and don’t know what to take to make it produce much more milk. Please I’d appreciate it if there’s something I can do. Thank you and God bless you…
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugarcoatted(f): 8:12pm On Apr 25, 2022
BabeOk1:
Good day to all the mamas in the house, first I want to say this forum is so helpful and has been so helpful to me since the day I joined in and I’m so thankful for you all. I have a second baby that’s 3 months and My Brest is not producing as much milk as when I gave birth to my first baby, I have had surplus tea and pap and still comes out normally and not the way I want it to. I love breastfeeding my baby and don’t know what to take to make it produce much more milk. Please I’d appreciate it if there’s something I can do. Thank you and God bless you…

I think mama Kokaiye used fenugreek supplements and it worked. Maybe you should try that

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mayornmn(f): 8:27pm On Apr 29, 2022
The most affordable bedsheets plug is here!����.Get your quality bedsheets from us and get more value for your money. wink No fading, No shredding. To order, send a whatsapp message to 08168320137 and you can also follow us on instagram @>> https://www.instagram.com/invites/contact/?i=1lh0a95vyow0a&utm_content=nyrm002
*PRICE LIST*
*Bedsheets and Pillowcases Alone*
3½ by 6 (2 Pillowcases)=3000 Naira
4½ by 6 (2 Pillowcases)=3500 Naira
6 by 6 (4 Pillowcases) =5500Naira
6 b. 7 (4 Pillowcases) =5500Naira
*Bedsheets, Pillowcases and Duvets*
3 ½ by 6 (2 Pillowcases) = 11,500 Naira
4½ by 6 (2 Pillowcases)=12,000 Naira
6 by 6 (4 Pillowcases) =14,500 Naira
6 by 7 (4 Pillowcases)= 16,500 Naira.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Linda2019: 6:32pm On Apr 30, 2022
Good evening mums my baby is 3weeks old and she has been having rashes right from when she came out, especially on her face and neck which is beginning to irritate her skin, I have tried stopping using soap for a while it didn't go, I heard sudo cream works but it bleaches, please what can I use that won't darken or affect her skin.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Awesomejah: 6:52pm On Apr 30, 2022
Linda2019:
Good evening mums my baby is 3weeks old and she has been having rashes right from when she came out, especially on her face and neck which is beginning to irritate her skin, I have tried stopping using soap for a while it didn't go, I heard sudo cream works but it bleaches, please what can I use that won't darken or affect her skin.
Good evening momma, use AGNESIA POWDER. It works wonders for rashes though it's a bit expensive.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BeeBlossoms: 9:08pm On Apr 30, 2022
Good evening mommas

Pls is there a group for mum of toddlers…or children below 10 years of age too?

Po
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BeeBlossoms: 9:25pm On Apr 30, 2022
If there is no such group

Pls join me here and give link to as many people as you can https://www.nairaland.com/7104708/mothers-children-ages-3-6

Let’s support each other as parents of children between ages 2-6

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Linda2019: 12:00am On May 01, 2022
Awesomejah:

Good evening momma, use AGNESIA POWDER. It works wonders for rashes though it's a bit expensive.
thank you ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Awesomejah: 5:27pm On May 01, 2022
Linda2019:
thank you ma
You're welcome
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzwealthy: 10:49pm On May 01, 2022
Good evening mama's . Please my baby of 6 months which ve started giving her cereal and puree only is having it difficult to poo. Dis night when trying to poo she just started crying so badly. I ve tried giving her water but she hardly takes it but I also tried putting orange inside her water which she toke just a bit . Please I need suggestion on what I can do to make her poo easily . Please your reply will be appreciated

(1) (2) (3) ... (2456) (2457) (2458) (2459) (2460) (2461) (2462) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.