Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,912 members, 7,828,192 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (330) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4418189 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Beryl15: 7:25am On Sep 18, 2015
Mzora:
thanks dear,can u recommend a good and portable small flask I can easily carry and pls can I mix the milk b4 pouring into the flask??
UW dear. I Can't remember the brand of mine but it's the stainless steel type. Don't mix with milk, It would speed up the fermentation process.
Other sabi mamas would help with a name of a good flask.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Beryl15: 7:36am On Sep 18, 2015
oyin4luv:
Good Morning All,
Apart from detergent.Can bar soap be used to wash babies cloth,if yes.Kindly assist to recommend which brand is preferable.And is it adviceable to use washing machine for babies cloth.
Yes you can just make sure you rinse very well. I use canoe, B29 and the likes.
And you can use a machine too, just don't set it to baby care. Spoilt some of mine. Regular warm (40-60 degrees) wash cycle would do.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 7:48am On Sep 18, 2015
Mzora:
thanks dear,can u recommend a good and portable small flask I can easily carry and pls can I mix the milk b4 pouring into the flask??

You can buy from a supermarket ebeano. Shoprite, game etc. they always have original

And no you can't mix the milk before pouring into the flask. Carry a separate container or formula dispenser for the milk
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gr8fulHeart(f): 8:04am On Sep 18, 2015
Mzora, get Haers all day stainless flask. Kips hotness even for 24hrs. Comes in diff sizes, so look 4d one dts portable 4u. Don't mix d milk inside, I use a seperate 3step compartment container for my baby to creche so dey just mix d milk into what they scoop in the plate for imediate feeding
Mama"s using washing machine, pls what brand and hw many kg do you use and how good is it?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 9:02am On Sep 18, 2015
u
Durostay:
Good day All, My 3 month old baby regurgitates a lot whether she breastfeeds or takes formula. I complained at the hospital earlier but the Doc said there is no cause for alarm. I noticed that she throws out much of what she eats and her weight is not increasing as expected. Please advise

Hey you. Baby E is also doing the same, she just stopped his week once I switched to EBF. I suspect (and was told) that I was most likely overfeeding her so she kept throwing up the excess and getting constipated and not digesting any food.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 9:03am On Sep 18, 2015
Beryl15:

Yes you can just make sure you rinse very well. I use canoe, B29 and the likes.
And you can use a machine too, just don't set it to baby care. Spoilt some of mine. Regular warm (40-60 degrees) wash cycle would do.

ooohhh I've been using that baby care setting! Thanks for this.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 9:04am On Sep 18, 2015
Kimoni:

let me say something strange...

In UK, the midwives and nutritionists actually advice that we stop giving cerelac to babies shocked shocked ;

According to them, it contains mere calories and it's better used during starvation shocked grin when a child is not able to feed well

According to them, If 5 babies walk through the door, they are able to identify which baby is on cerelac cuz such babies are usually big which we Africans equate to good living. #not necessarily. Again, they say it triggers diabetes at a later date. Tufiakwa. But dunno how true this is.

So my dear Modath, me I no dey give cerelac oooo. At 6 months, my young chap weighed 8.5kg coming from 3.1kg birth weight oo shocked shocked he had bursted the weight chart and I was advised to look for a gym that accepts 6 months old. Na that gym I still dey look for since that time oo

What they advise is exactly what nurse Kaffy is doing - delay solids till 6 months when he is fully ready. At that point, introduce him to real food but in mashed or paste form, from there, he graduates to full solid. However, the breast milk/formula should continue but of course, quantity would reduce from 6 months when solid is introduced.

***(caveat) i am not saying mamas should not use cerelac ooo, just regurgitating what the medical team told me. I have purposely refrained from talking about it before now make Nestle no come arrest me.

They told me the same in the US: excess weight in babies causes Diabetes later on so delay solids. Also their eating habits are formed from birth so don't give them sweet stuff.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Kimoni: 9:08am On Sep 18, 2015
Onegai:

They told me the same in the US: excess weight in babies causes Diabetes later on so delay solids. Also their eating habits are formed from birth so don't give them sweet stuff.

Na so my sister

We learn everyday. Thnks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Arihodo(f): 9:19am On Sep 18, 2015
Mzora:
nupe! u add milk when feeding ur LO.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Arihodo(f): 9:29am On Sep 18, 2015
goosebumps:
Thanks to all that replied.
Didn't give him the drugs this morning and he is strong and sucking well. Will be back to the hospital this evening
hi mama, hows ur baby, how he is better now, tanks be to GOD. it is well.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 9:52am On Sep 18, 2015
Sayoberry, my baby too talks like that (she's been talking since 2 months). When she's happy it's "Egwehh" but once she's annoyed, "buuu aaahhhh ummm haaah" like someone speaking in tongues.

When Baby E was born, all of us had a collective brainfart and couldn'to remember a single Nursery Rhyme or bedtime song. So we started singing whatever came to mind. Now Baby E knows Adele, Aerosmith and a lot of Motown singers. To quote one of my cousins, "una no remember 'smile Jesus loves u'?? " grin

Gr8fulHeart, almost everyone I know is using LG so we got one as well. I'm not crazy about it (it's one of those digital ones so once you start it, it won't stop) but it's washing okay.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by goosebumps: 11:14am On Sep 18, 2015
Arihodo:
hi mama, hows ur baby, how he is better now, tanks be to GOD. it is well.

he is all better now. Even babbling sef. I discontinued the antibiotics. I no fit shout abeg.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzora(f): 11:35am On Sep 18, 2015
@beryl15@Gr8fulheart@favoredgal@Arihodo thanks mamas.....I'll get d hears and mix accordingly...I have been mixing everything o...God help me.. this forumn has really been helpful....ftm
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SweetDinma(f): 11:41am On Sep 18, 2015
sayoberry:
Update on the twins
6 months two weeks old cranky twins

Food taken: cerelac, mashed yam And fish, amala and ewedu, pap and soya, oranges, sma.

Drugs taken; capol, abidec, and teething powder.

Milestone and problems:
twin boy has 6 teeth (first 4 down, and his two canine up) sits up but still wobbly, crawls on his tummy, spits out all d food given wth spoon, drinks watevere nappy rash, hates cold water to the moon, lov sing, the sight of bread makes him happy. doesn't like

And they talk too
Girl: (shouts) achababa abababa ummmmmm ummmm acha acha
Boy: babababababa (shouts) ababababa abuuuuu abuuuu aaaaaabbbuuu
Lol. I was reading out your dd's talk and my daughter suddenly stopped playing and started smiling at me as if she can understand what I was reading out .

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rashomo: 12:03pm On Sep 18, 2015
Mzora:

pouring milk wil make it watery ooo..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Arihodo(f): 12:04pm On Sep 18, 2015
goosebumps:

he is all better now. Even babbling sef. I discontinued the antibiotics. I no fit shout abeg.
am so happy to hear dat. God is ur muscle
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Alubosa: 12:13pm On Sep 18, 2015
Good day mamas. Please o! I was the one that insisted my wife weans our 1yr 2mths boy. She's been doing it gradually but now her b.reas.ts are so engorged and the pain is unbearable. She googled and found out she could pump the milk away. This however stimulates production and it prolongs the whole thing. Please what other measure/method can be advised.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rashomo: 1:20pm On Sep 18, 2015
Mzora:

pouring milk wil make it watery ooo..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Megilicious(f): 2:46pm On Sep 18, 2015
Hmmmm am learning evrydy, just packing all d ideas n food recipes 2 give ma Lo nxtmth, in ma diary. I wudnt mind avn more recipes oh mamas. I hail all of una, 4 ya hand work, may God Neva let us c a bad day IJN.

Well as 4 d daddy DAT just posted abt his wife, its good 2 wear very firm bra, n its true expressing it will only stimulate d glands 4 more reproduction. It seizes on its on, she wud av 2 endure alil. So I heard, all izz well.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 3:20pm On Sep 18, 2015
Alubosa:
Good day mamas. Please o! I was the one that insisted my wife weans our 1yr 2mths boy. She's been doing it gradually but now her b.reas.ts are so engorged and the pain is unbearable. She googled and found out she could pump the milk away. This however stimulates production and it prolongs the whole thing. Please what other measure/method can be advised.

I can imagine how she feels,let her wear a very firm bra even wen goin to sleep. STOP EXPRESSING. Let her take paracetamol for d pain and reduce her fluid intake. She wil feel beta within 2-3days.. hope dis helps
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 3:22pm On Sep 18, 2015
Alubosa:

Cabbage leaves in her bra helps but she should wear a strong firm bra. In 2 days it will dry up
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Alubosa: 3:47pm On Sep 18, 2015
favoredgal:

Cabbage leaves in her bra helps but she should wear a strong firm bra. In 2 days it will dry up

kaffy4bill:

I can imagine how she feels,let her wear a very firm bra even wen goin to sleep. STOP EXPRESSING. Let her take paracetamol for d pain and reduce her fluid intake. She wil feel beta within 2-3days.. hope dis helps

Thanks mothers.Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by oyin4luv: 4:23pm On Sep 18, 2015
Good afternoon all,can a nursing mother wear bra to sleep.My MIL said a nursing mother should not wear bra to sleep,abeg hw true is dat?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Megilicious(f): 4:45pm On Sep 18, 2015
oyin4luv:
Good afternoon all,can a nursing mother wear bra to sleep.My MIL said a nursing mother should not wear bra to sleep,abeg hw true is dat?

I do wear bra 2 sleep, bt NT d wired ones, I wear dem with breast pad 2 reduce leakages, bt if ur uncomfortable u cud use a bra top or tube.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 4:53pm On Sep 18, 2015
oyin4luv:

What will support the boobs (heavy and weighed down with all those milk) if you don't wear bra. When breast feeding I wear bra 24/7 and I believe (may be a myth) that it helps with the firmness

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 5:16pm On Sep 18, 2015
mytestimony:

Is Joy soap not for adults? Abi is der joy soap for babies.
I was more surprised than u are, when our maternity here in onitsha said we should include it in the delivery material for the baby... so they use it to bath her first then we continue same at home just to avoid rash and now the rashes are here...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 5:20pm On Sep 18, 2015
can someone pls recomend a nice diaper for me, because the one we use get wet easily and makes my princess cry all night... pls i know that huggies is the best but the price........
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Beryl15: 5:52pm On Sep 18, 2015
ayobarmy:
I was more surprised than u are, when our maternity here in onitsha said we should include it in the delivery material for the baby... so they use it to bath her first then we continue same at home just to avoid rash and now the rashes are here...
Those pple in that maternity unit needs flogging angry
Pls joy soap is not for babies I'm sure she crys during bath time coz it would hurt her eyes too.
Get a baby wash e.g johnsons baby wash, Aveeno baby etc.
And for the diaper I would say huggies but Since the issue is price, y not buy and use it only at night for her and use others day time. Afterall Happy baby = happy daddy and mummy wink
Pele, it's well with you.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 6:03pm On Sep 18, 2015
Beryl15:

Those pple in that maternity unit needs flogging angry
Pls joy soap is not for babies I'm sure she crys during bath time coz it would hurt her eyes too.
Get a baby wash e.g johnsons baby wash, Aveeno baby etc.
And for the diaper I would say huggies but Since the issue is price, y not buy and use it only at night for her and use others day time. Afterall Happy baby = happy daddy and mummy wink
Pele, it's well with you.
Thank u so much, there is one baby wash we bought during the pre birth shopping (baby fresh) it comes with both oil, powder, and wash too.. but we did not use it just because we want to maintain the hospital standard ..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Megilicious(f): 6:13pm On Sep 18, 2015
ayobarmy:
can someone pls recomend a nice diaper for me, because the one we use get wet easily and makes my princess cry all night... pls i know that huggies is the best but the price........

Try molfix its vry gud n absorbs urine. I use it. Also pple say angel diaper 2 is ok
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rashomo: 6:20pm On Sep 18, 2015
ayobarmy:

premium pampers is very gud... i believe whicheva diaper u use should be change atleast three tyms daily...

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MumZ(f): 6:58pm On Sep 18, 2015
ayobarmy:

Cussons baby soap, pears baby soap. Not @tall pricey n dey r 4 babies. Also try dry luv diapers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.