Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,476 members, 7,812,470 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:53 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (331) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4395193 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Arihodo(f): 7:40pm On Sep 18, 2015
Alubosa:
Good day mamas. Please o! I was the one that insisted my wife weans our 1yr 2mths boy. She's been doing it gradually but now her b.reas.ts are so engorged and the pain is unbearable. She googled and found out she could pump the milk away. This however stimulates production and it prolongs the whole thing. Please what other measure/method can be advised.
let her nt touch the breast cos it stmulated them. the milk wil dry up. give paracetamol 4 pain relief.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 7:49pm On Sep 18, 2015
Megilicious:

Try molfix its vry gud n absorbs urine. I use it. Also pple say angel diaper 2 is ok
Pls do u know if i can get this in Onitsha?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Megilicious(f): 8:10pm On Sep 18, 2015
ayobarmy:
Pls do u know if i can get this in Onitsha?

I dnt stay in onitsha bt u shud get it in any store u av there exp Angel diapers, dunno abt molfix coz its new, dunno if it has circulated.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by liliana(f): 9:24pm On Sep 18, 2015
Alubosa:
Good day mamas. Please o! I was the one that insisted my wife weans our 1yr 2mths boy. She's been doing it gradually but now her b.reas.ts are so engorged and the pain is unbearable. She googled and found out she could pump the milk away. This however stimulates production and it prolongs the whole thing. Please what other measure/method can be advised.

I dont think its advisable to stop breasfeeding abruptly. This is what it causes; swollen breasts and pain. Breast milk is produced in response to demand. She could either allow nature take its course (by feeding the boy but reducing the frequency gradually, this could take months but it would be pain free- this was what i did) or she endures the pain (my mom says its for a maximum of 1 week). Other moms here may have other ideas.

All the best to her!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Alubosa: 9:42pm On Sep 18, 2015
Arihodo:
let her nt touch the breast cos it stmulated them. the milk wil dry up. give paracetamol 4 pain relief.

OK. Will let her know. Thanks.

liliana:

I dont think its advisable to stop breasfeeding abruptly. This is what it causes; swollen breasts and pain. Breast milk is produced in response to demand. She could either allow nature take its course (by feeding the boy but reducing the frequency gradually, this could take months but it would be pain free- this was what i did) or she endures the pain (my mom says its for a maximum of 1 week). Other moms here may have other ideas.
All the best to her!

Yes we are aware it isn't right to stop abruptly but the li'l man is already 1yr + coupled with the fact that she's 2months gone into 1st trenester. She's getting based on advices offered hereon. Thanks

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tikosdear(f): 8:25am On Sep 19, 2015
Good morning sabi mamas,pls my almost 8weeks baby,has not pooped in about 5days now,but he farts and the smell is something else,he stretches like someone that wants to poopoo, I don't know what to do to help him.
Again at birth he weighed 3.7 and at 6weeks he weighed 6.5kg I don't know if it has anything to do with his weight.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Honeyberry007: 8:45am On Sep 19, 2015
Try Dry Love or Little angel diaper. Daz what i use if i don't want to buy huggies.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 8:58am On Sep 19, 2015
tikosdear:
Good morning sabi mamas,pls my almost 8weeks baby,has not pooped in about 5days now,but he farts and the smell is something else,he stretches like someone that wants to poopoo, I don't know what to do to help him.
Again at birth he weighed 3.7 and at 6weeks he weighed 6.5kg I don't know if it has anything to do with his weight.

Is he exclusively breastfed or he's on formula?Try cottonbud wit vaseline and insert into his anus(he mite poo immediately and mite take a few mins to hour), tummy massage too helps wit it
Watch ur diet too, ensure lots of fluid, veg and fruits.
Has nothing to do wit d weight
Sure oda sabi mamas wil help

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzora(f): 9:04am On Sep 19, 2015
@favoredgal owfa with the complain?? is it working well for your daughter?@ mamas dat add soya,crayfish and all to their baby's pap how is it? wanna get feedback from experienced mamas
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LordReed(m): 9:34am On Sep 19, 2015
Hello everyone. My DD is one and I want to switch her to Peak123 or any other good whole milk. Any reviews of Peak123 or any recommendations for any other milk is highly welcome.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tikosdear(f): 9:45am On Sep 19, 2015
@ Nurse kaffy thanks alot, he is on exclusive breast milk. I hv done all o. I will just watch him.

Is he exclusively breastfed or he's on formula?Try cottonbud wit vaseline and insert into his anus(he mite poo immediately and mite take a few mins to hour), tummy massage too helps wit it
Watch ur diet too, ensure lots of fluid, veg and fruits.
Has nothing to do wit d weight
Sure oda sabi mamas wil help[/quote]
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 9:48am On Sep 19, 2015
Mzora:
@favoredgal owfa with the complain?? is it working well for your daughter?@ mamas dat add soya,crayfish and all to their baby's pap how is it? wanna get feedback from experienced mamas
m
Complan?

I don't know for sure o! She is eating a lot more these days so I can't attribute her weight gain to only complan
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzora(f): 10:26am On Sep 19, 2015
favoredgal:
m
Complan?

I don't know for sure o! She is eating a lot more these days so I can't attribute her weight gain to only complan
kk...thanks dear.wanna get it for my daughter. how much is it?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jibola22(f): 12:57pm On Sep 19, 2015
Gudday mamma pls wich 1 is better btw friso rice and gerber rice... Urgent advise pls
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by pwettytemmy(f): 1:17pm On Sep 19, 2015
hellobsabi mamas. My LO will be six weeks on Wednesday and I noticed that he started coughing yesterday. I took him to the clinic yesterday morning and the doc said its normal since he didn't see him cough throughout my stay in the clinic. I took him there again in the evening and we were given antibiotics. though the cough reduced today but he woke up to cold (running nose) again this morning. He's not running temp and he eats and sleep well. I
want to know if anyone ever experiences this and the possible solution.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 1:50pm On Sep 19, 2015
Mzora:
kk...thanks dear.wanna get it for my daughter. how much is it?

2,700 I think. Will confirm and revert
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by olaoyekemi(f): 3:40pm On Sep 19, 2015
My daughter experience DAT 2wks ago BT she is better now.she was given antibiotics and vitamin c.pls always cover him well and massage his chest wit metolathum DAT help me a lot.
pwettytemmy:
hellobsabi mamas. My LO will be six weeks on Wednesday and I noticed that he started coughing yesterday. I took him to the clinic yesterday morning and the doc said its normal since he didn't see him cough throughout my stay in the clinic. I took him there again in the evening and we were given antibiotics. though the cough reduced today but he woke up to cold (running nose) again this morning. He's not running temp and he eats and sleep well. I
want to know if anyone ever experiences this and the possible solution.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by pwettytemmy(f): 4:00pm On Sep 19, 2015
olaoyekemi:
My daughter experience DAT 2wks ago BT she is better now.she was given antibiotics and vitamin c.pls always cover him well and massage his chest wit metolathum DAT help me a lot.
thanks a lot for this.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maran1983(f): 5:03pm On Sep 19, 2015
LordReed:
Hello everyone. My DD is one and I want to switch her to Peak123 or any other good whole milk. Any reviews of Peak123 or any recommendations for any other milk is highly welcome.

I personally use Nido fortified for my kids. I believe it's better than peak 123.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LordReed(m): 7:25pm On Sep 19, 2015
maran1983:

I personally use Nido fortified for my kids. I believe it's better than peak 123.

How old were your kids when you started them on it? Any noticeable effect on their development? We are conscious of letting our DD become overweight.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shndy: 7:39pm On Sep 19, 2015
@MiracleMum: Got unsalted butter in shoprite (Ikeja). Its in d vegetable aisle
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shndy: 7:50pm On Sep 19, 2015
maran1983:

Just d brand I wanted to advice. Nido or Dano full cream not cool cow. There's also Nido kinder, which is specifically for babies 1+. IMO Peak is over rated and too sugary
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 8:06pm On Sep 19, 2015
favoredgal:
m
Complan?

Complan? Ao old is ur baby? And why Complan. Nt a baby's milk oooo

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 8:41pm On Sep 19, 2015
kaffy4bill:

Complan? Ao old is ur baby? And why Complan. Nt a baby's milk oooo

One and half

It can be used from age one
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by OmogeNG: 3:23am On Sep 20, 2015
tikosdear:

Do bicycle kicks

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by missmalachi: 4:11am On Sep 20, 2015
My daughter is 2weeks plus,she rubs her face, pulls her legs up and stretches them out too as well as her hands and makes groaning noises in her sleep mostly, is this normal?
It just started 3days ago
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by pwettytemmy(f): 11:11am On Sep 20, 2015
missmalachi:
My daughter is 2weeks plus,she rubs her face, pulls her legs up and stretches them out too as well as her hands and makes groaning noises in her sleep mostly, is this normal?
It just started 3days ago
hello mama. My son did the same and we took him to a paedritrician who told us dat its normal for all babies. he called it
abdominal colics and said it will go on its own. My boy is 6 weeks and he still does it once in a while in his sleep.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 20, 2015
Hernyolar:

Btw, you stay in Ado, do you know where I can get heinz baby food for my LO? she's currently on cerelac wheat with milk, fortified pap and nan2, boiled fish, egg yolk... she takes anything I give her though but I just want to introduce more food to her.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 20, 2015
Go to Alhaja 'shop beside the palace at oja oba
Hernyolar:

Btw, you stay in Ado, do you know where I can get heinz baby food for my LO? she's currently on cerelac wheat with milk, fortified pap and nan2, boiled fish, egg yolk... she takes anything I give her though but I just want to introduce more food to her.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by missmalachi: 2:55pm On Sep 20, 2015
pwettytemmy:
hello mama. My son did the same and we took him to a paedritrician who told us dat its normal for all babies. he called it
abdominal colics and said it will go on its own. My boy is 6 weeks and he still does it once in a while in his sleep.
Thanks maam,i wish there is something I can use to ease the pain for her.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzora(f): 3:39pm On Sep 20, 2015
@ sayoberry or kimoni please tag me to those posts about purees or home made baby food. @ all which cereal should I start my 6 months on as a first cereal...she is only on pap now....I want to add soya,crayfish(the packed one) etc by next week....

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.