Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,464 members, 7,812,416 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (332) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4395121 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by pjthatcher: 4:21pm On Sep 20, 2015
please who has used nestle lactogen 2. am just about introducing solid to my 6 month old baby and DT was the milk dh bought
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by switgoodyy: 4:31pm On Sep 20, 2015
Sabi mamas pls help me out,which multivitamin can I give to my 11month old baby,Av tried feeding her what her age can eat but she refused to eat them except pap and she doesn't like takin it wit milk. Av tried Abidec and Bcombion but they both have no effect.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 20, 2015
pjthatcher:
please who has used nestle lactogen 2. am just about introducing solid to my 6 month old baby and DT was the milk dh bought

I've been longing to ask this question too..please sabi mamas, what's the difference between lactogen and nan2
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rashomo: 9:02pm On Sep 20, 2015
switgoodyy:
Sabi mamas pls help me out,which multivitamin can I give to my 11month old baby,Av tried feeding her what her age can eat but she refused to eat them except pap and she doesn't like takin it wit milk. Av tried Abidec and Bcombion but they both have no effect.

pls let her be oo , wit time she will eat cos dat how my now two year old boy does, buh nw he eat very well...pls wit tym she will change..Best of luck

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:37pm On Sep 20, 2015
Mamas,pls help me,I stopped brstfeedin my son on friday,I applied flagyl on my nipple,wen he saw it,he ran frm me infct he doesnt want to see d breast bt evrytin has bounced on me now,one of my breast is engorged,am avin headache,lumpy nd painful breast(only one)I wear bra 24/7,tuk ibuprofen,no improvement,I cnt slip,hubby hs bn makin fun of me dt I shuld av done it gradually,AM IN PAINS!!!kimoni,tchiwinne,lovinam,kaffybill...egbami oo..cnt slip bt my boy slips lik no care in d world.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by OmogeNG: 11:23pm On Sep 20, 2015
missmalachi:

Thanks maam,i wish there is something I can use to ease the pain for her.

You can try a warm compress on the stomach...especially the lower abdominal area.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by OmogeNG: 11:24pm On Sep 20, 2015
cutienik:
Mamas,pls help me,I stopped brstfeedin my son on friday,I applied flagyl on my nipple,wen he saw it,he ran frm me infct he doesnt want to see d breast bt evrytin has bounced on me now,one of my breast is engorged,am avin headache,lumpy nd painful breast(only one)I wear bra 24/7,tuk ibuprofen,no improvement,I cnt slip,hubby hs bn makin fun of me dt I shuld av done it gradually,AM IN PAINS!!!kimoni,tchiwinne,lovinam,kaffybill...egbami oo..cnt slip bt my boy slips lik no care in d world.

Try putting cold cabbage leaves on your breasts.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by missmalachi: 12:13am On Sep 21, 2015
OmogeNG:

You can try a warm compress on the stomach...especially the lower abdominal area.
Thank you, I will do that
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 2:42am On Sep 21, 2015
[quote author=Beryl15 post=38141851]
Those pple in that maternity unit needs flogging angry
Pls joy soap is not for babies I'm sure she crys during bath time coz it would hurt her eyes too.
Get a baby wash e.g johnsons baby wash, Aveeno baby etc.
And for the diaper I would say huggies but Since the issue is price, y not buy and use it only at night for her and use others day time. Afterall Happy baby = happy daddy and mummy wink
Pele, it's well with you.
[/quote

Pampers active baby diapers too works well and isn't as pricey as huggies....
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 2:48am On Sep 21, 2015
tikosdear:
Good morning sabi mamas,pls my almost 8weeks baby,has not pooped in about 5days now,but he farts and the smell is something else,he stretches like someone that wants to poopoo, I don't know what to do to help him.
Again at birth he weighed 3.7 and at 6weeks he weighed 6.5kg I don't know if it has anything to do with his weight.

Has he pooed now?

You can try giving him some warm water to drink or a few teaspooons of freshly squeezed orange juice.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:51am On Sep 21, 2015
OmogeNG:

Try putting cold cabbage leaves on your breasts.
thankz ma,will get it today.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by switgoodyy: 9:09am On Sep 21, 2015
Rashomo:

pls let her be oo , wit time she will eat cos dat how my now two year old boy does, buh nw he eat very well...pls wit tym she will change..Best of luck
Noted,thanx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LordReed(m): 9:44am On Sep 21, 2015
missmalachi:

Thanks maam,i wish there is something I can use to ease the pain for her.

Try Colic Calm or Gripe Water, also check the milk, some babies are allergic to some milk proteins.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by missmalachi: 9:49am On Sep 21, 2015
LordReed:

Try Colic Calm or Gripe Water, also check the milk, some babies are allergic to some milk proteins.
She is on EBF
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 10:24am On Sep 21, 2015
shndy:
@MiracleMum: Got unsalted butter in shoprite (Ikeja). Its in d vegetable aisle

Ok, thanks so much. I will get it today then.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 10:32am On Sep 21, 2015
Rashomo:

I let my daughter be when she refused everything and only accepted breast milk, now she has lost so much weight. I have decided not to let her be - i go force food inside her mouth. God help me
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 10:41am On Sep 21, 2015
switgoodyy:

Didnt see any change when i used Abidec, but my daughter's paed prescribed Reloaded for infants. gave her before bed time and she was rushing for food when she woke up. I'd keep giving her, i pray it continues to boost her appetite cos she doesn't wanna eat at all as well.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 11:53am On Sep 21, 2015
@missmalachi,its the navel that z disturbin her.had same xpirienc with Zino,but i bought gbomoro herbal mixture for her,and it haz stop@exactly 3months yesterday.you can get it in any pharmacy,its around 2700
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 11:59am On Sep 21, 2015
@tikosdear,when bathing your Lo,bend his legs upwards,and use clean towel,deep it into the not too hawt water and let the water drip into his anuz,trust me,our little man z gonna let it out.thank me later.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LordReed(m): 12:23pm On Sep 21, 2015
missmalachi:

She is on EBF

Then check the mother's diet, the child might be reacting to something she eats.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 12:27pm On Sep 21, 2015
Some mamas mentioned Makari Bebe soap for their infants. I just wanted to let everyone know that it's on sale at Ebeano Supermarket, Lekki, Lagos, for N2, 500.

Also I spoke to a clinical Dermatologist and he said for babies with eczema on their scalp, please use Sebamed baby shampoo (N1550 but a little goes a very long way) to gently wash the baby's scalp, then. apply coconut oil to the entire scalp (it's got healing properties) and you would see the dry skin flaking off in a day's time.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sayoberry(f): 12:39pm On Sep 21, 2015
SweetDinma:

Lol. I was reading out your dd's talk and my daughter suddenly stopped playing and started smiling at me as if she can understand what I was reading out .

Lol.

Onegai funny baby you have

Rezzy you are on your own o.

Modath how is baby business going?

Fexcathy thanks a lot

Kaffy4bill amen. Unfortunately I have no house help sad

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 12:57pm On Sep 21, 2015
ahnie:
@missmalachi,its the navel that z disturbin her.had same xpirienc with Zino,but i bought gbomoro herbal mixture for her,and it haz stop@exactly 3months yesterday.you can get it in any pharmacy,its around 2700
pls dont use any gbomoro mixture

colic goes away on its own at 3 months.

those things are not the best for babies

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by modath(f): 1:08pm On Sep 21, 2015
sayoberry:

Lol.

Onegai funny baby you have

Rezzy you are on your own o.

Modath how is baby business going?

Fexcathy thanks a lot

Kaffy4bill amen. Unfortunately I have no house help sad

Thanks for the mention, edunjobi nko, the egbons are doing ok as well i believe.

Baby biz is a two edged sword my sis, one hand its loottaaa werk (Nana, WA idol's voice) but so so so exhilarating at the same time........ especially within the last few days that he began to pucker up his tiny lips & rewards me with a shadow of smile as if to say ;

"Mummy i feel the love and care & i say thank you"

Jah know,i gotta big big big love for mi little little guy.. smiley

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 1:18pm On Sep 21, 2015
My Dear,i did.i cudnt stand her pains.
favoredgal:
pls dont use any gbomoro mixture
colic goes away on its own at 3 months.
those things are not the best for babies
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 1:32pm On Sep 21, 2015
Hello mamas,be help recommend a good formular as substitute for breast milk.i'll like to be mixin it wit pap for my 3months Lo.thnkz
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by afrobaby(f): 1:38pm On Sep 21, 2015
ahnie:
Hello mamas,be help recommend a good formular as substitute for breast milk.i'll like to be mixin it wit pap for my 3months Lo.thnkz
Pap for 3 months? I don't know o.

I use SMA Gold for my babies sha
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 2:26pm On Sep 21, 2015
Thnkz...which of the specimen
afrobaby:
Pap for 3 months? I don't know o.
I use SMA Gold for my babies sha
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 2:37pm On Sep 21, 2015
Gripe water z a no go area.it would only make the child to purge.
LordReed:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by afrobaby(f): 3:55pm On Sep 21, 2015
ahnie:
Thnkz...which of the specimen
SMA Gold is for 0-6months, then the next is 6months to 1 year ,and so on
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mrsoje(f): 4:17pm On Sep 21, 2015
Like seriously, am in a dilemma too; my little one is 10 months she was Exclusive Breastfed for 6 months, there after i introduced cereals, puree and the likes which she accepted smiley ; fastforward to 2 months later she refuses everything the only she food she accepts now is yogurt and breast-milk any other food you offer her she will spit it back on you angry ; if you don't offer her food she wont cry for food lipsrsealed . she can go a whole day without eating. i have tried all i can. Now my only bet is to forcefeed her angry am not comfortable with it. Pls suggest solutions to me.

NB: i introduced her to Wellkid to help improve her appetite

MiracleMum:

Didnt see any change when i used Abidec, but my daughter's paed prescribed Reloaded for infants. gave her before bed time and she was rushing for food when she woke up. I'd keep giving her, i pray it continues to boost her appetite cos she doesn't wanna eat at all as well.

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.