Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,316 members, 7,822,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (773) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4411532 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (770) (771) (772) (773) (774) (775) (776) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dexterush(f): 4:42pm On Dec 20, 2016
Hello house,merry Xmas in advance,my area is so dry,like Mary didn't even get pregnant undecided

I have never been so happy seeing AF,rough play is not good oh,stay away from it

OK bye bye now

Oh not seen liftedhand since,hope you good ma

9 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zemaye: 5:27pm On Dec 20, 2016
Onegai:

How have you been? How's the baby?
We are doing great! !! Baby O !is growing fine.Just on nairaland hiatus [/size] cool
But I love this series of what I miss about motherhood!
Oh wow I miss having the bed to myself embarassed
I was talking to DH if we are ever going to have our bed to our self's he just shrugged and said maybe "for another life" shocked :owhat! !!!
My 3 year old keep having excuse to come snuggle up on us embarassed
Only when I spark! !! undecided if not its a daily struggle.
Mamas keeping the thread alive welldon kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 5:47pm On Dec 20, 2016
Edited
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ijeoma2728(f): 5:51pm On Dec 20, 2016
Hello mums! How are we all doing
Just wanted to contribute my 2cents.
For mums with picky eaters, I want to advice that persistence is the key. You see my son never gave me much issues when it comes to eating.
In fact weaning him was a walk in the park. Unlike my princess hmmm... she showed me pepper.
At 4months weighed 6kg. At 8months 6. 5kg, ha! I felt like I have failed her and I wasn't doing enough. I took her for scan, ran tests etc she was healthy but wasn't just eating well, just b.Milk and her cereal in bits.

Her ped. Suggested that I fed her every 2 hours (nights inclusive, I had to set alarm)even it if Just 3 spoons she's taking, give her one egg everyday, made sure her mouth was always busy.
She also advised that I introduced formula.

It wasn't easy at all, i used syringe to feed her the formula i.e. the 20mls one, cos she hated it. Bits by bit she started gaining weight.

Now at 1yr and 2months her feeding has improved. Loves pap, peak milk etc(she has met all her milestones). She's almost 9kg. we are not dere yet but we are getting there
Soo mummies be patient and feed in bits but consistently .
Kisses.

Pls is chicken Franks safe cos she loves it.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Amhappy(f): 6:04pm On Dec 20, 2016
ambient:
Portharcout mama pls help with the location of a good paediatric hospital my boy have a congested chest for two weeks now and am getting worried

If you are in Rumuokoro axis try Spring Rose at Rumuagholu road after St Jude Catholic Church. As I heard,The lady is very good
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 6:26pm On Dec 20, 2016
zaynie:

Exactly what I thot!
Soonest!!!!!! Come o! Let us open an e-hospital, I wee diagnose and you wee prescribe Nurse Kaffy wee be chooking yansh grin

Abi oo!
We will be charging sumol sumol money
Lolz.

@cutiereborn, thank God she's better

@dexterush, how are the twins. Rough play dey wound o wink

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dexterush(f): 6:45pm On Dec 20, 2016
soonest:

@dexterush, how are the twins. Rough play dey wound o wink
They are doing very fine thanks,hope yours too
My sister I almost had hbp,me that was planning next journey in five yes time,me and family planning will not pass next week isha Allah

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ganjababe: 8:19pm On Dec 20, 2016
The holidays are upon us and celebration is in the air
Looking for the perfect gift for loved ones this season? Look no further.............
At FarmCircle Enterprise, we breed wholesome Live (Local) Turkeys which are ideal for this season. The turkeys can be branded as gifts to loved ones or used as delicacies for the family this festive season.
We handle deliveries or pick up at our office depending on client's choice. (Lagos residents only)
For more information, kindly contact ABBY on 09098703476.
Average size of the Turkeys range from 13kg to 15kg.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dexterush(f): 8:33pm On Dec 20, 2016
Ganjababe:
The holidays are upon us and celebration is in the air
Looking for the perfect gift for loved ones this season? Look no further.............
At FarmCircle Enterprise, we breed wholesome Live (Local) Turkeys which are ideal for this season. The turkeys can be branded as gifts to loved ones or used as delicacies for the family this festive season.
We handle deliveries or pick up at our office depending on client's choice. (Lagos residents only)
For more information, kindly contact ABBY on 09098703476.
Average size of the Turkeys range from 13kg to 15kg.
Do you also do killing and cleaning service cos dh cannot kill cockroach not to talk of turkey

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 9:47pm On Dec 20, 2016
cutiereborn:
Good day Everyone. My princess is doing much better. The doctor prescribed some antibiotics for her saying that the fever was her her body fighting off an infection.
I dropped her at the creche and from my calls to them, she is doing just fine and playing with friends.
May God continue to keep our babies and sickness far away from them, Amen.
Pls, make sure she complete her dose. Thank God she is fyn now!!!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 9:49pm On Dec 20, 2016
dexterush:

Do you also do killing and cleaning service cos dh cannot kill cockroach not to talk of turkey
Your oga na ajebo.

I will report you to him that you said he can't kill cockroach. You guys are funny on this thread.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Godmother(f): 10:01pm On Dec 20, 2016
Merry Christmas in advance to everyone.

@zaynie, babythug, DANZAK, Loisemm, AlphaHandMaiden, jamjam5000, Tojued, coldfeet, Onegai

Mamas thanks a lot for treating my issue. I showed my friend the replies and, although she was a bit sad, she said she will see about joining her hubby.

She also said she'll make it a point to join this e-family as we seem to be a close-knit family from the way mamas attended to my issue.

Want to thank you all for that. Much love and kisses to you all. kiss kiss kiss

13 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rossy99(f): 11:12pm On Dec 20, 2016
My 8mnt baby eat her poo like 3tym nw.pls hop no prob
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 11:57pm On Dec 20, 2016
Rossy99:

Oh dear.

Not once...
Not twice ....
But three times.

It's not healthy for a baby to be chewing and swallowing faeces.

Please take her to the hospital and have her checked.... just as a precaution.

Most importantly, try and make sure it doesn't happen again. If you are potty training her, keep an eye on her throughout and empty the potty as soon as she's done.

If you are going diaper free, why not get small pants that she can wear so even if she poos, it stays in the panties and not drop on the floor where she can pick it up and eat.

13 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tojued: 3:42am On Dec 21, 2016
[quote author=Rossy99 post=52115688]My 8mnt baby eat her poo like 3tym nw.pls hop no prob[/quotepquotep]

Hmmmm traditionally when your baby eats their poo, you're supposed to eat it too. This is how it is in my place. Has anyone heard of it before?

It's because you're not eating it that the matter is recurring.

Next time lo eats their poo, please use your finger to take and eat too.

You see, our traditions have wisdom. If you know her eating it will lead to you eating it, you'd be more careful about the ish.

15 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maamee01(f): 4:33am On Dec 21, 2016
CO-SLEEPING BADOSKI

I co-sleep with my 6mts old baby .
He is always having the bobby in his mouth n struggling when I try to pull off.
Hope weaning will not come and be killing.
Dh now sleeps in the parlour as d bed no longer comfortable for him.
I Sha love it dat way as rough play is on strike now.

I fear for future weaning.
Somebody Shud please help bale me out here on what to do.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Graciouscharis: 5:24am On Dec 21, 2016
Rossy99:

Her iron level may need to be checked. Hope you give her iron fortified cereals and formula.

Ejoo, Biko, try and prevent this from reoccurring.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rossy99(f): 6:23am On Dec 21, 2016
So i was told dt i must eat it.wud guide against it[quote author=Tojued post=52117901][/quote]
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dexterush(f): 7:38am On Dec 21, 2016
comtem2011:
Your oga na ajebo.

I will report you to him that you said he can't kill cockroach. You guys are funny on this thread.
Lols ,abeg no report me oh,but I no lie na

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 7:39am On Dec 21, 2016
comtem2011:
Your oga na ajebo.

Dexterush's hubby is not bad. 2016 is the first year in my life, that I have ever held a live chicken. The mallam selling them thrust them at me to weigh it, I panickedly held them at the legs for 2 mins and released them. He laughed eh.

When I was younger, I used to adopt stray animals. Chickens would come home for Christmas and I would name them. One's name was Violet (she was so sweet and well-behaved!). I would specially feed her and she got so used to humans, she would constantly try and stay close by, even when raining. So one night it was raining and I was scared she would have a chest cold. I woke my mum up and told her "Violet is under the rain!". That woman woke up from sleep, at freaking 2am in the morning, carried umbrella and went to help me look for a domestic chicken. We found her and kept her in the storeroom.

My mum is totally making Heaven, for not complaining and doing that when she must have been bone-tired. grin any small thing, you guys will be here complaining and beating pikin, can you do that?? grin

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chanbaby: 7:43am On Dec 21, 2016
[quote author=Tojued post=52117901][/quote]

Ewoooooooo. Kikikikikikikiki grin. This is very funny. Pls mama u have to keep a closer look on that child. Wetin she dey enjoy there. Na wao oh
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pretimum: 7:58am On Dec 21, 2016
I want to rant! cry cry cry

Why do good people die young

I just tire. Been awake since 3am trying to understand it.

How can one detect early onset cardiac arrest, what is the first aid treatment to administer?

Was hoping Santa will come my way but not like this nau.

Lost my closest uncle, my personal person, he just clocked fifty!!!

Was full of life last night, woke up grasping for breathe...

Doctors say it's cardiac arrest, just like that.

It is well...adieu Uncle Deolu, we were planning your daughter's wedding ni o.

Now na burial things, Kabiyesi!!!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutiereborn(f): 8:37am On Dec 21, 2016
Thank you Madam zayine, soonest & comtem2011. The love of you Mamas in this forum is overwhelming.
@zayine, the e-hospital is long overdue smiley

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 9:07am On Dec 21, 2016
comtem2011:
Your oga na ajebo.

I no blame dexterush and her Oga - please let them kill it and clean it for you if possible.

The killing is one part , you need abled bodied men! Then to de-feather nko, when them kill finish na to dump dead bird ontop your kitchen counter for you to prepare!

Story time:

We had a live turkey delivered to my parents when i was younger.....

First of all, it chased all the children around in the house - very violent bird! angry

Luckily my 2 older brothers and 2 male cousins were around so we had man power to kill the bird.

After 4 men, managed to slice the neck, they bled it for a while and thought it was dead, let it go and the turkey started splashing blood everywhere. They pounced on it again and it it took like 10 - 15 mins for it to stop wriggling.

Surely this turkey is well and truely dead now!
Nope, It took forever for it to die - when we poured hot water on it, it started flapping its wing and moving about this was like 15 -30 mins after killing oh.

Then the water never seemed to be hot enough, all our neighours helped us boil water as one gas cooker could not cope with the quantity needed.

plus like 5 people are needed to remove the feathers especially the strong wing and tail ones! . 2 to hold rhe turkey and 3 to pull the feathers out! grin

Maybe we just had a freak turkey but after that day! Live turkey! undecided never again.

Then fast forward to me as an adult, in my own home and decided to get a prepared turkey for christmas - just hubby and I..... big mistake.

i hope you have a large number of people coming oh as turkey can be boring especially if you are roasting it whole. The only interesting parts are the thighs and wings. If it is a large one and na only you and hubby like me..... you will eat turkey for the whole of january.. .. roast turkey, turkey in stew, turkey in salad, turkey sandwich, turkey in soup! Turkey lasagna, Turkey turkey everywhere! grin its like the feeding of the 5000, you will eat and eat and you will still have like 3 large bowls filled with turkey! grin

14 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 9:24am On Dec 21, 2016
Pretimum, I'm sorry about your loss. A Cardiac arrest is a very common way of death in Nigeria, especially in Men. There are warning signs (tightening of the chest etc). And if you can do CPR in the first few minutes, you can usually save the victim. My neighbour died before we could get to him but one of my brothers saved another man.

We all need to learn basic CPR. Have you ever seen videos of people pumping someone's chest? That's CPR. You lie the victim down, head back, open mouth (so air can get in). Then you pump the chest with both hands in a rhythm (4-4 time if you sightread music, there used to be a song I was told to sing mentally when pumping because it would give me the right rhythm). Then blow air down their mouth into their chest. Repeat because you are trying to restart the heart. I have never done it so I cannot remember all the steps. But unfortunately people start doing things like pouring water on slumped victims and trying to rush them to hospital, and in 90% of all cases, those steps mean Death (you will never make it on time and how many Nigerian hospitals have defribillators or electricity to use it?). Once you hit 50 years, you should have a defribillator and soluble Aspirin in your home.

I'm really sorry for your loss. I know how it feels.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 10:06am On Dec 21, 2016
Onegai:
Pretimum, I'm sorry about your loss. A Cardiac arrest is a very common way of death in Nigeria, especially in Men. There are warning signs (tightening of the chest etc). And if you can do CPR in the first few minutes, you can usually save the victim. My neighbour died before we could get to him but one of my brothers saved another man.

We all need to learn basic CPR. Have you ever seen videos of people pumping someone's chest? That's CPR. You lie the victim down, head back, open mouth (so air can get in). Then you pump the chest with both hands in a rhythm (4-4 time if you sightread music, there used to be a song I was told to sing mentally when pumping because it would give me the right rhythm). Then blow air down their mouth into their chest. Repeat because you are trying to restart the heart. I have never done it so I cannot remember all the steps. But unfortunately people start doing things like pouring water on slumped victims and trying to rush them to hospital, and in 90% of all cases, those steps mean Death (you will never make it on time and how many Nigerian hospitals have defribillators or electricity to use it?). Once you hit 50 years, you should have a defribillator and soluble Aspirin in your home.

I'm really sorry for your loss. I know how it feels.

Pretimum so sorry for your loss,

First aid does save lives, however there are many hurdles in nigeria that even though you may give first aid, it still isnt enough. in most western countries for example, CPR and other first aid is used to buy time till the ambulance and paramedics arrive. however in nigeria it doesnt work that way, in an abulance, you can continue giving CPR until you get to the hospital as the vehicle is designed to allow the medics work. in nigeria, whilst you need to get the patient to the hospital, an ambulance is not a 3 digit phone call away you run the risk stopping the CPR to get the victim into a vehicle, likely a small car and getting them to the hospital. plus when you get to the hospital, the process of registering and payment also waste time, assuming the lagos traffic will even allow you get to the hospital in time.

that being said, no knowledge is lost in learning First aid. i had actually been thinking of contacting the Nigerian red cross to try and arrange baby and child first aid classes as well as general first aid for adults as well. so please if anyone has a contact in the Red cross, please let me know.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 10:20am On Dec 21, 2016
AlphaHandMaiden:

Pretimum so sorry for your loss,

First aid does save lives, however there are many hurdles in nigeria that even though you may give first aid, it still isnt enough. in most western countries for example, CPR and other first aid is used to buy time till the ambulance and paramedics arrive. however in nigeria it doesnt work that way, in an abulance, you can continue giving CPR until you get to the hospital as the vehicle is designed to allow the medics work. in nigeria, whilst you need to get the patient to the hospital, an ambulance is not a 3 digit phone call away you run the risk stopping the CPR to get the victim into a vehicle, likely a small car and getting them to the hospital. plus when you get to the hospital, the process of registering and payment also waste time, assuming the lagos traffic will even allow you get to the hospital in time.

that being said, no knowledge is lost in learning First aid. i had actually been thinking of contacting the Nigerian red cross to try and arrange baby and child first aid classes as well as general first aid for adults as well. so please if anyone has a contact in the Red cross, please let me know.

Used to know a guy that was a Regional Head of Nig Red Cross, back then was I was hoping to plan free Emergency class for health workers (I had spoken to some EMT techs to see what would be required to fly them down). But Nigeria and Nigerians have a way of killing any positive thoughts towards them undecided

We have LASG ambulances in Lagos and I believe a private air ambulance service which you can call (you pay after i think).

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pretimum: 11:04am On Dec 21, 2016
Onegai and AlphaHandMaiden, thank you for your words of encouragement.

I have lost three close family members in the space of five years.

Am just so torn apart, first one was to boko haram, the other to breast cancer and now this one to cardiac arrest.

He died in Abuja and I don't think anyone remembered CPR... they just carried him into the car and drove straight to the hospital around 2am.

He was a healthy fellow,bubbly and full of life.

Onegai can we buy the soluble aspirin over the counter?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 11:17am On Dec 21, 2016
Pretimum:

Onegai and AlphaHandMaiden, thank you for your words of encouragement.

I have lost three close family members in the space of five years.

Am just so tore apart, first one was to boko haram, the other to breast cancer and now this one to cardiac arrest.

He died in Abuja and I don't think anyone remembered CPR... they just carried him into the car and drove straight to the hospital around 2am.

He was a healthy fellow,bubbly and full of life.

Onegai can we buy the soluble aspirin over the counter?

Soluble Aspirin is OTC and is for strokes because Aspirin is a blood thinner. Before you start taking Aspirin, find out if your health history you have had haemoragghic stroke and speak to your Dr (where you are bleeding in the brain, an aunt had several small ones). So yeah, you can get that.

Once your husband or wife or father or Mother is above 50, you ought to sit him down with a health workee and tell him about Cardiac Arrest, Heart attacks and Strokes, their symptoms and lifestyle changes to prevent them.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tojued: 11:46am On Dec 21, 2016
Pretimum:
I want to rant! cry cry cry

Why do good people die young

I just tire. Been awake since 3am trying to understand it.

How can one detect early onset cardiac arrest, what is the first aid treatment to administer?

Was hoping Santa will come my way but not like this nau.

Lost my closest uncle, my personal person, he just clocked fifty!!!

Was full of life last night, woke up grasping for breathe...

Doctors say it's cardiac arrest, just like that.

It is well...adieu Uncle Deolu, we were planning your daughter's wedding ni o.

Now na burial things, Kabiyesi!!!

My sincere condolences dear. It is well.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 12:10pm On Dec 21, 2016
@prettimum, so sorry for your loss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pretimum: 12:26pm On Dec 21, 2016
Tojued:

My sincere condolences dear. It is well.

FINA4804:
@prettimum, so sorry for your loss

Thanks for your kind words!

(1) (2) (3) ... (770) (771) (772) (773) (774) (775) (776) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.