Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses (110520 Views)

Omonile Lawyer's Rant Regarding The Demolition Of Houses In Epe / How Much Will It Cost To Plaster This Set Of Houses / 1000 Units Of Houses For Sale @ By Redemption Camp. No Agency Fees! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyder880(m): 11:20am On Jun 23, 2012
It has always been my desire to do things differently, to improve on the process and leave the business of building better than I met it. We have never hidden our determination to simplify the building processes while maintaining high standards and top quality finishing that leaves a lasting impression in the minds of all.

We are no longer trying to assure our clients of our speed and flexibility, we have proven it here, beyond all reasonable doubt that we can deliver, even above expectations. We have witnesses in human personalities, and even inanimate witnesses, the structures we have built. We have built over 20 houses and still counting, some of our works were started in the full glare of the online community, and have reached different stages of completion.

We want to do more, we want to shorten the negotiation process and place the information on this thread. All the calls I answer are good, but is it not better to provide the answers even before the questions, so that only interested clients call and we can start off their houses if they like our terms.

Thank you all, for making our building experience a memorable one. Merci.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyder880(m): 11:39am On Jun 23, 2012
Close your eyes, think of taking a plunge in a strange river you have never had a swim before, does it sound risky? Supposing there are large rocks just below the surface of the river, supposing sharks live in there, what about crocodiles, snakes and thorns and shrubs with spikes, very risky.
Now open your eyes, you see, that strange river is like a building project, but instead of you taking the plunge, its your finances that are taking the plunge, and anything is possible if not properly planned. I tell you because I know, money is very difficult to make, and losing it is always infuriating.

We cannot over emphasize the need for planning before you build. You have to have your desires, your dream homes, and then try to match your fantasies with your present realities. Me? Ha! I want a castle at the end of a ranch, with two streams intersecting each other at the western end, where my kids will swim in the evening and where I will be fishing lazily on weekends. My ideal house should be in at least 5 acres of bushy land, with woods in the east where I can hunt squirrels and hear the chirping of all species of birds. Lest I forget, the southern tip should be a sea shore! grin
Who no like better thing?

Back to reality, the home truth is that I cannot afford it, simples! And human wants will always be insatiable, according to my economics teacher.

The only thing I am trying to explain here is that we should know what we are getting into before taking the plunge, and cut our soaring fantasies to fit our stark realities.

1 Like

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyder880(m): 11:48am On Jun 23, 2012
It is almost completely impossible to get an accurate estimate for the construction of a specified building plan. In fact, a 20% variance to the north or south of the actuals is to be expected. There are so many uncertain variables in building which are totally beyond the control of builders or even owners. Market fluctuations, foreign currency fluctuations, political and economic considerations, inflation etc will all combine to make a mess of plans, making builders tremble at the face of these uncertainities, while trying to remain competitive in their prices.

1 Like

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by Kingekeh(m): 12:03pm On Jun 23, 2012
Done.
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyder880(m): 12:10pm On Jun 23, 2012
One very good friend of mine, a multiple landlord and youngest traditional title holder in Enugu state, (Nwata kwochaa aka 1 of .......... cheesy you get the gist na! This long time friend was telling me many stories yesterday night.

He told me building houses is in stages, the first stage when the intending home owner makes the decision to build, he will naturally want the best, and will always draw a bogus plan, not minding to ask the architect what the cost of building is. He will make sure to load the house with every conceivable feature in building, both the much needed and those meant just to impress passers by.
(If Mr A can do it, me, an SUV owner can build a better one)
He then shows some friends and family members who will praise his or her style and taste. Congratulating you for being very classy (in fact if you be bachelor, you will get so many pretty female suitors overnight grin ) but that is just the beginning of the fight. Because this is not the type of fight mothers come in to separate for their sons, this is not the type of dance you can gyrate with a handful of tobacco snuff on your palms. This is almost the biggest single investment most people make, and its not funny.

In the second stage, the courageous ones will commence the structure, and if only you know how buildings drink money like a fish dey drink water! But its very sweet at the start, because you will be seeing the house climbing in height, and yes, your praise will be sung everywhere.

In the third stage, according to my friend, is when the cash for the project starts to dry up, and the project is less than 50% completed, anxiety will set in, doubts will appear, you may start to owe workers and instead of chilling down and taking a break, some may get aggressive towards everybody, insinuations and accusations will start to fly, quarrels may erupt and we end up losing friends and creating enmity where we should have made friends.

All these are consequences of planlessness. We should know the price tag before we take the leap.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyder880(m): 12:32pm On Jun 23, 2012
Here we go, this house plan is a 5 bedroom duplex with the following features,

DOWNSTAIRS

1 guest bedroom (with toilet and bath)
1 ante room
1 kitchen
1 kitchen store
1 living room
1 dining room
1 visitors w/c
1 open sit out
UPSTAIRS

4 bedrooms, all en-suit, wardrobes
1 sit out

This house will also have
conduit electrical piping
three lovely frontal pillars of your choice,
step tiles aluminium roofing sheets
outer wall tiles
designed window hoods

For clients who have their projects in Ebonyi, Delta, Enugu, Abia, Cross River and Imo states, this house will be built with N11m with granite, and N10.5m with gravel. This price is for 9" hollow blocks, for those who will want 6" blocks and the engineers okay the plan for it, the price cound drop further.
Internal and external plastering, electrical piping and fittings, external toilet plumbing and toilet fittings, PVC ceiling, floor and wall tiles and painting are all part of the deal (subject to further clarifications)
Project duration is 120 days.

Be assured of high quality finishing, we are set to step up and perform better.

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyder880(m): 1:09pm On Jun 23, 2012
The floor plans for this house are with a popular architect here on Nairaland and if you love this frontal elevation, we talk to the guy to draw the house for you.

This house has these features;

DOWNSTAIRS

2 bedrooms
1 kitchen
1 kitchen store
1 laundry room
1 public lounge (Voided at the top)
1 dining room
1 visitors w/c
1 ante room, foyer

UPSTAIRS

3 bedrooms
1 private lounge
2 balconies
2 top to ground glass designs

Parapet roofing
internal toilet plumbing
eight lovely frontal pillars of your choice,
outer wall tiles
designed window hoods
All external doors to be fitted with security doors
POP
Designed burglary proofs

For clients who have their projects in Ebonyi, Anambra, Delta, Enugu, Abia, Cross River and Imo states, this house will be built with N13m with granite, and N12.5m with gravel. This price is for 9" hollow blocks, for those who will want 6" blocks and the engineers okay the plan for it, the price could drop further.
Internal and external plastering, electrical piping and fittings, external toilet plumbing and toilet fittings, PVC ceiling, floor and wall tiles and painting are all part of the deal (subject to further clarifications)

Project duration is 130 days.

2 Likes

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyder880(m): 1:16pm On Jun 23, 2012
More to come later this evening.

1 Like

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 23, 2012
This is really good.
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by chioma134: 11:17pm On Jun 23, 2012
Subscribing. Please,Oga Spider,what would it cost to build a 3bedroom penthouse i.e. 2 bedrooms downstairs with living room,kitchen,store,visitors toilet,dining room,and one bedroom ensuite upstairs?
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyder880(m): 5:01am On Jun 24, 2012
chioma134: Subscribing. Please,Oga Spider,what would it cost to build a 3bedroom penthouse i.e. 2 bedrooms downstairs with living room,kitchen,store,visitors toilet,dining room,and one bedroom ensuite upstairs?

Please post the floor plans, it will be unrealistic to throw a figure around if I dont know the actual size of the house.
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyder880(m): 5:42am On Jun 24, 2012
This is another style, with many arcs surrounding the windows and shaping the balconies.

This house has these features;

DOWNSTAIRS

2 bedrooms
1 kitchen
1 kitchen store
1 public lounge
1 dining room
1 visitors w/c
1 ante room, foyer

UPSTAIRS

3 bedrooms
1 private lounge
3 balconies
beautiful arc designs

internal toilet plumbing
four lovely frontal pillars
outer wall tiles
designed window hoods

For clients who have their projects in Ebonyi, Delta, Enugu, Abia, Cross River and Imo states, this house will be built with N12.5m with granite, and N12m with gravel. This price is for 9" hollow blocks, for those who will want 6" blocks and the engineers okay the plan for it, the price could drop further.

Project duration is 130 days.

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyder880(m): 5:52am On Jun 24, 2012
This bungalow has been built here,

4 bedrooms, two en suit
visitors toilet
library/study room
1 kitchen
1 large garage

PLUS

Beautiful pillars
window hoods
External steel doors
wall edge designs
frontal designed tiles
floor and wall tiles
good quality paints

This house if built within the eastern axis of Nigeria will cost about N5m to build and then give it a superlative finish. Elegant tiles, electrical and plumbing, POP, kitchen fitted with high quality cabinets, a real home when finished.

Duration of this project is only 70 days.

2 Shares

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by icon2: 3:47pm On Jun 24, 2012
spyder880: It has always been my desire to do things differently, to improve on the process and leave the business of building better than I met it. We have never hidden our determination to simplify the building processes while maintaining high standards and top quality finishing that leaves a lasting impression in the minds of all.

We are no longer trying to assure our clients of our speed and flexibility, we have proven it here, beyond all reasonable doubt that we can deliver, even above expectations. We have witnesses in human personalities, and even inanimate witnesses, the structures we have built. We have built over 20 houses and still counting, some of our works were started in the full glare of the online community, and have reached different stages of completion.

We want to do more, we want to shorten the negotiation process and place the information on this thread. All the calls I answer are good, but is it not better to provide the answers even before the questions, so that only interested clients call and we can start off their houses if they like our terms.

Thank you all, for making our building experience a memorable one. Merci.

Reporting for class.. Nice job!
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by Jussi(m): 6:29pm On Jun 24, 2012
Brilliant idea Baba Spyder880
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyder880(m): 9:18pm On Jun 24, 2012
Jussi: Brilliant idea Baba Spyder880

Oga m I dey salute o!
grin

Been so long, how our people. You guys inspire us a lot. Thanks.
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyder880(m): 12:12pm On Jun 25, 2012
I will post more plans and pictures later this evening, if anybody wants to know the cost of building his house and dont mind us attaching the elevations here in 3d (or floor plans as the case may be) he can forward the plans to ckenneths@yahoo.co.uk and I will evaluate the plan and post it here for us all to learn from, possibly varied opinions will also be seen here.
Thanks.
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by babaeko1: 12:38pm On Jun 25, 2012
I like this post, its actually a very good one. Also the cost that you are providing doesnt include finishing I take it ? Please clarify, I want the cost of building a shell without finishing. The details of the plan is as follows.

4 Bedroom main house similar to the ones that you are drawn up above with brown roof, the building will go up to 2 storeys, I also want 2 3 bedroom flats behind and a 2 room BQ. The size of the land is about 950sqm and its based in Lekki scheme 2 around Ajah, the terrain is somewhat swampy.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyder880(m): 1:00pm On Jun 25, 2012
baba_eko: I like this post, its actually a very good one. Also the cost that you are providing doesnt include finishing I take it ? Please clarify, I want the cost of building a shell without finishing. The details of the plan is as follows.

4 Bedroom main house similar to the ones that you are drawn up above with brown roof, the building will go up to 2 storeys, I also want 2 3 bedroom flats behind and a 2 room BQ. The size of the land is about 950sqm and its based in Lekki scheme 2 around Ajah, the terrain is somewhat swampy.

Thanks in advance.

The cost includes finishing, did it sound too cheap? Well, we think we can cut the cost of building by some very good margin.

True I understand your brief analogy about your plans but it may be futile trying to get a cost for a building I have not seen the real dimensions. Do you mind posting the plans, and will you like me to show it here so that other experts here can join us in dissecting the issue?
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyder880(m): 11:01pm On Jun 25, 2012
This house will have the following dimensions, 19850m x 16425m, quite large if you ask me.

DOWNSTAIRS

3 bedrooms
1 kitchen
1 kitchen store
1 public lounge (beautifully voided at the top)
1 dining room
1 visitors w/c
1 ante room, foyer

UPSTAIRS

3 bedrooms
1 private lounge
beautiful arc designs

a nice parapet to support the roof
internal toilet plumbing
lovely frontal pillars
step tiles aluminium roofing sheets (we can negotiate for stone coated tiles on your instruction)
outer wall tiles
designed window hoods

For clients who have their projects in Ebonyi, Delta, Enugu, Abia, Cross River and Imo states, this house will be built with N14.5m with granite, and N14m with gravel. This price is for 9" hollow blocks, for those who will want 6" blocks and the engineers okay the plan for it, the price could drop further.

Project duration is 150 days.

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyder880(m): 11:40pm On Jun 25, 2012
This is a small duplex, very nice for a young family

DOWNSTAIRS

1 bedroom
1 lounge
1 kitchen
1 dining
1 visitors toilet

UPSTAIRS

3 bedrooms, all en suit
balcony, sit out in front

Same condition as above, neat finishing.

Price, 8.5m with gravel, 9m with granite

Duration, 120 days.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by Nobody: 12:21am On Jun 26, 2012
Thumbs up

1 Like

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyder880(m): 5:48am On Jun 26, 2012
A 3 bedroom bungalow, neat finish, parapet, stone coated step tiles roofing, frontal tiles, till painting level

3 bedroom (1 master)
1 lounge
1 frontal balcony
1 kitchen
1 visitors rest room

Cost is N5.5m in the eastern axis

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyder880(m): 5:58am On Jun 26, 2012
Is there any need to start describing this type of finish, this is the top of the range manicured finish, be assured that I will import some West African brothers to finish this house as this one is way over what our Nigerian crafts men can handle. For those that pay attention to detailed buildings.

5 bedroom duplex, 2 down, 3 up. All the nice, neat fittings will be fitted.

N26m and you can move into this house in 180 days flat cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyder880(m): 12:08pm On Jun 26, 2012
Next up is the elevations and cost of doing a combo, a duplex in front and a two flats at the back, all joint with a roof.
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyder880(m): 5:58am On Jun 27, 2012
This house is a combination of a duplex unit and two units of 2 bedroom flats.

The concept is getting popular these days and is a development from the 4 flats one storey building concept. The unique selling point is that a landlord may want to live in this house, he can live in the frontal duplex, with a full view of the road, his own private gate and entrance while his tenants will live at the back portion, with a side entrance fitted with another gate for easy access.

The features are;

4 bedroom duplex (1 bedroom down and 3 up, 2 kitchens, large living room, and other nice fittings)
2 units of 2 bedroom flats (one up and one down)
double entrance gates
balconies all around the house
The whole house will be under one roof

Be assured of the latest finishing styles.

Cost is N22m from foundation till painting, materials and labour (eastern Nigeria), 180 days completion timeline.

1 Like

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by megainvest: 8:36am On Jun 27, 2012
Excellent work Spyder880! Pls what would this 5 bedroom house with premium finishing cost in a place like lekki? Thanks
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyder880(m): 10:26am On Jun 27, 2012
megainvest: Excellent work Spyder880! Pls what would this 5 bedroom house with premium finishing cost in a place like lekki? Thanks

Depends largely on what the engineers think about the land and suggested foundation type. Other inputs like sand and granite plays a big role in all this. We have not worked in Lekki yet.
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyder880(m): 5:42am On Jun 30, 2012
flats

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyder880(m): 5:56am On Jun 30, 2012
more flats, how much to build these?

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by gilgee(m): 10:11am On Jun 30, 2012
@ Spyder

Please send me your email address or any chat id(preferred).

Thanks
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyder880(m): 12:53pm On Jun 30, 2012
gilgee: @ Spyder

Please send me your email address or any chat id(preferred).

Thanks

You can reach me on ckenneths@yahoo.co.uk
Bye.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects / Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) / Kitchen cabinets, Wardrobes & Doors @ Touchstone Design Solutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.