Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses (110602 Views)

Omonile Lawyer's Rant Regarding The Demolition Of Houses In Epe / How Much Will It Cost To Plaster This Set Of Houses / 1000 Units Of Houses For Sale @ By Redemption Camp. No Agency Fees! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by elvis07: 7:15pm On May 19, 2013
spyder, i rili love wat u re doing. i will like to buy a land of 1.5m in owerri am jst hoping to get a gud land for dat price and wen i do i will definitely mail u to do something for me wit d land bcus i intend to build a commercial house for now. and hw much do u think it will cost me for a duplex of 4flats 2bedroom each.
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyder880(m): 2:13am On May 20, 2013
elvis07: spyder, i rili love wat u re doing. i will like to buy a land of 1.5m in owerri am jst hoping to get a gud land for dat price and wen i do i will definitely mail u to do something for me wit d land bcus i intend to build a commercial house for now. and hw much do u think it will cost me for a duplex of 4flats 2bedroom each.

Thank you, I will be expecting to hear from you when you are ready and we can come into Owerri and build your house. As for the cost, it will be easier to calculate with the house plans. Have you drawn the plans for the house? I suggest you buy the land before drawing the plans.
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by chinosxl(m): 3:07am On May 23, 2013
mufutau55:

NO, not really. I am just completing the Mens' Quarter. The Duplex is like 1/4 completed..

I showed one picture of the project somewhere on this thread.. I will find it and post a link to it.
Thanks.

Here is the link: https://www.nairaland.com/mufutau55/posts/2

Just go in the middle of that thread on Page 2, you will see the green roofed Mens' Quarter
and the Duplex in front of it..

Hajji Mufutau

Well done sir. You guys are the reason i'm motivated to get my project started. I wish to start on mine hopefully by next month or early july. My big oga spyder is aware and willing to take on the project.
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by mufutau55(m): 4:34am On May 23, 2013
chinosxl:
Well done sir. You guys are the reason i'm motivated to get my project started. I wish to start on mine hopefully by next month or early july. My big oga spyder is aware and willing to take on the project.

With Oga Spyder man in your corner, you will be in good hand. Go for it.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by Maca411: 2:16am On May 27, 2013
For your American Fiberglass Shingles roofing needs, contact us at:

Roofing Supply Group of Nigeria
Office in Lagos
Phone: 08038276676

Best in Roofing.
http://www.pabcoroofing.com/pabco_premier_laminated_shingles.html
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by megainvest: 2:39pm On Jun 15, 2013
Oga Spyder pls what do you think about the use of hardwood flooring in place of reinforced concrete decking? I notice a lot of houses in Europe, US etc use wooden floors unlike what we do in Nigeria. Do you think we can do something similar?

1 Like

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyder880(m): 4:19pm On Jun 15, 2013
megainvest: Oga Spyder pls what do you think about the use of hardwood flooring in place of reinforced concrete decking? I notice a lot of houses in Europe, US etc use wooden floors unlike what we do in Nigeria. Do you think we can do something similar?

I have thought about this a lot and even did some research on this. But the problem is the perception of our people when they think that every floor must be concrete to survive the tropics. I know of lots of colonial buildings here in Enugu done with wooden deck and I still frequent those offices and nothing dey happen.

But before we think of wooden floors, we must remember that there are special woods for the floors. Another problem is that the engineers in our government approval process might never approve a building plan prepared with wooden floors.
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyder880(m): 5:47am On Jun 21, 2013
Thank God Its Friday cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by Sagewood: 7:27am On Jun 21, 2013
spyder880: We can start and complete this house for those whole love the looks for N5M, everything is involved, till painting is done, 4 bedrooms all en suit, large sitting room and good spaces, give us a call and the house will be ready in 60 days flat! cheesy

This is really interesting!
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by ahf(m): 6:12pm On Jul 14, 2013
spyder880:

I have thought about this a lot and even did some research on this. But the problem is the perception of our people when they think that every floor must be concrete to survive the tropics. I know of lots of colonial buildings here in Enugu done with wooden deck and I still frequent those offices and nothing dey happen.

But before we think of wooden floors, we must remember that there are special woods for the floors. Another problem is that the engineers in our government approval process might never approve a building plan prepared with wooden floors.

Pls do you know the cost per sqm for this laminate wooden floor? picture attached

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by esoorita: 12:31pm On Jul 15, 2013
Spyder, I think at some point you will have to come to Lekki in Lagos to come and plant some of the beautiful designs you showcased in this thread. I'm sure that your prospective clients would pay the added premium on top of the price you
are quoting for the eastern axis because we all know that Lagos is more expensive in terms of labour and living costs.
The other thing is that you will have to factor the cost of raft foundation to the price you are quoting for the chosen design because there's no way to avoid raft foundation in Lekki.
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyder880(m): 3:26pm On Jul 15, 2013
esoorita: Spyder, I think at some point you will have to come to Lekki in Lagos to come and plant some of the beautiful designs you showcased in this thread. I'm sure that your prospective clients would pay the added premium on top of the price you
are quoting for the eastern axis because we all know that Lagos is more expensive in terms of labour and living costs.
The other thing is that you will have to factor the cost of raft foundation to the price you are quoting for the chosen design because there's no way to avoid raft foundation in Lekki.

I will be in Lagos when the time is ripe, thats why I wanted to start in PH to get a near Lagos experience. Thank you for the suggestion bro.
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by mufutau55(m): 4:17pm On Jul 15, 2013
spyder880:

I will be in Lagos when the time is ripe, thats why I wanted to start in PH to get a near Lagos experience. Thank you for the suggestion bro.

We will have a welcoming party waiting for you at the Airport.. or even if you decide to take "Ekene Dili Chukwu" luxury buses we shall always be waiting too..

BTW.. Are those "Ekene Dili Chukwu" luxury buses still in existence? I remembered them many years ago.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by darami(f): 7:47pm On Jul 15, 2013
spyder880:

Mr Spyder880,

I just want to ask if you could come to Ibadan for a project.I'm really impressed with what you've done so far. Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyder880(m): 9:19pm On Jul 15, 2013
dara-mi:

Mr Spyder880,

I just want to ask if you could come to Ibadan for a project.I'm really impressed with what you've done so far. Thanks

I can and I will, just let me round this one in PH off. I want to see a more of the west too. grin
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by darami(f): 1:23pm On Jul 16, 2013
Thank you.
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by brown78: 11:19am On Aug 18, 2013
PAINTING
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by FreddyH(m): 3:48am On Sep 17, 2013
spyder880: We can start and complete this house for those whole love the looks for N5M, everything is involved, till painting is done, 4 bedrooms all en suit, large sitting room and good spaces, give us a call and the house will be ready in 60 days flat! cheesy

What is your contact number?
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by Dareyx: 12:58pm On Sep 28, 2013
spyder880: This is a small duplex, very nice for a young family

DOWNSTAIRS

1 bedroom
1 lounge
1 kitchen
1 dining
1 visitors toilet

UPSTAIRS

3 bedrooms, all en suit
balcony, sit out in front

Same condition as above, neat finishing.

Price, 8.5m with gravel, 9m with granite

Duration, 120 days.

Hi spyder, can I see the floor plans for this duplex?
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by danielblessing(m): 12:18pm On Oct 06, 2014
spyder880:
This one will cost N1m for everything, just provide the land and call us over. (I need to submit this proposal to the Enugu state government for consideration of a low income mass housing scheme) cheesy Two rooms with inbuilt toilet/bathroom/kitchen. Housing for all by 2020.
what will the cost be if a central parlour is added to the plan?
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyder880(m): 6:17pm On Jan 26, 2015
How do you like this building plans before I start to give the prices and conditions before in various location?

A 4 bedroom bungalow.

1 Like

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jan 26, 2015
spyder880:
How do you like this building plans before I start to give the prices and conditions before in various location?

A 4 bedroom bungalow.

grin

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jan 26, 2015
spyder880:

I can and I will, just let me round this one in PH off. I want to see a more of the west too. grin

If things work out and you come out to Ibadan then you will build my house there too.
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jan 26, 2015
omobrit:
Hi,

I have been reading your posts for quite a while and just had to register.

How much will it cost to build one of the bungalows in your posts (pic below) in ikorodu? But instead of normal roof, I would like a roof top garden with patio and a jacuzzi. Also with time of completion (hoping to get this done in time for xmas).

PS: I also have some floor plans i draw out that i can send to your email if its ok with you.

Thanks

I salute your idea and this is what I'm planning too.

To live in the tropics with our beautiful weather and be all cuddled up on the inside is sacrilege. Weather be damned I am doing a flat roof.
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jan 26, 2015
chinosxl:

Thanks alot. I searched Nairaland for hrs but the above thread never came up. Was kind of worried at first. I even went on Youtube just to watch videos of U.S toilet installation. I'm glad its possible in Naija. Can't wait to get my project started.

Oga ChinoSXL, can I park a 20 footer in your yard and slowly fill it up with building materials? How much will you ship the container? Do you sell containers?
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jan 26, 2015
spyder880:

A 4 bedroom bungalow.
is it just me or bedroom 2 and 4 dont have showers or bathtubs?

2 Likes

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by mufutau55(m): 10:11pm On Jan 26, 2015
Mondisweets:

And I don't see Visitor's Toilet too... This is almost perfect for a small 4 Bedrooms...

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by tsiriman(m): 10:53pm On Jan 26, 2015
spyder880:
Here we go, this house plan is a 5 bedroom duplex with the following features,

DOWNSTAIRS

1 guest bedroom (with toilet and bath)
1 ante room
1 kitchen
1 kitchen store
1 living room
1 dining room
1 visitors w/c
1 open sit out
UPSTAIRS

4 bedrooms, all en-suit, wardrobes
1 sit out

This house will also have
conduit electrical piping
three lovely frontal pillars of your choice,
step tiles aluminium roofing sheets
outer wall tiles
designed window hoods

For clients who have their projects in Ebonyi, Delta, Enugu, Abia, Cross River and Imo states, this house will be built with N11m with granite, and N10.5m with gravel. This price is for 9" hollow blocks, for those who will want 6" blocks and the engineers okay the plan for it, the price cound drop further.
Internal and external plastering, electrical piping and fittings, external toilet plumbing and toilet fittings, PVC ceiling, floor and wall tiles and painting are all part of the deal (subject to further clarifications)
Project duration is 120 days.

Be assured of high quality finishing, we are set to step up and perform better.

Hello Spyder,

I've been following you work for sometime now. I'm really impressed with your work and I've learnt a number of things. Keep up the good work.

I just need some clarification, the amount you quote for this building and others, is it just the blockwork and riffing or everything including tiling, windows, doors, light fittings, paint...etc

Weldone once again, God bless your hustle.
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyder880(m): 7:46am On Jan 27, 2015
tsiriman:

Hello Spyder,

I've been following you work for sometime now. I'm really impressed with your work and I've learnt a number of things. Keep up the good work.

I just need some clarification, the amount you quote for this building and others, is it just the blockwork and riffing or everything including tiling, windows, doors, light fittings, paint...etc

Weldone once again, God bless your hustle.

Yes the concept was for a full finish with everything, just bring in your box of clothes and stock the freezer and you are living in the completed house. But the prices quoted are for long ago, if you identity a plan, I will give you a quote for everything, starting from the foundation till roofing first.
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyder880(m): 7:51am On Jan 27, 2015
CityNG:

grin

I like this, do you mean to remove the dining walls and extend the space to allow more air?
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyder880(m): 7:57am On Jan 27, 2015
Mondisweets:

A shower could be fitted there but no bath tub. I am trying to fit 4 bedrooms with 4 toilets in a plot space of 50 x 100. Anyway we are still testing the plans and you guys are doing good pointing out the flaws, I will tell my architect to keep working on more plans.
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by Nobody: 8:04am On Jan 27, 2015
spyder880:

I like this, do you mean to remove the dining walls and extend the space to allow more air?

Yes.

I love open floor plans and is a pet peeve of mine.

The kitchen is the heart of the house and it shouldn't be in a cave.

That being said, open floor plans require the choicest of kitchen hardware and furniture. Stainless steel ovens, grills, fridge, etc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects / Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) / Kitchen cabinets, Wardrobes & Doors @ Touchstone Design Solutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.