Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses (110575 Views)

Omonile Lawyer's Rant Regarding The Demolition Of Houses In Epe / How Much Will It Cost To Plaster This Set Of Houses / 1000 Units Of Houses For Sale @ By Redemption Camp. No Agency Fees! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyder880(m): 5:14am On Jan 30, 2015
CityNG:

I'm glad you like some of the designs. We need to encourage each other and explore different opportunities.

If Nigerian builders are so hell bent on using concrete then heck let's get on with it then grin

Stained concrete will be another way to save money since you won't have to tile or carpet (you'll just use area rugs in key areas).

Another idea of mine in my build will be to use wood or steel for staircase.

Also Oga Spyder how feasible is using styrofoam blocks with poured concrete to make exterior walls?You'll get guaranteed straight walls done in a few hours.

My invitation to Oga Spyder still stands, I will write an invitation letter (whatever value that holds with the embassy) and put you up for a week or two so you can see first hand the methods being used today. I'm happy to see that you're now considering aluminium parapet. When I say the elaborate labour it takes to set up the forms I knew it was totally a waste. There's more improvement that can be made.

Honestly speaking, I have thought so much of visiting the US this year ending or in 2016 for more direct lectures especially as it concerns alternative methods. My sister who lives there had invited me last year but I was so busy with client's projects. I know there are many things to learn first hand, from bricks to wood to glass and even tiles. I will keep planning for a short trip, maybe for a month or two.

2 Likes

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by FastShipping: 5:27am On Jan 30, 2015
CityNG:

I'm glad you like some of the designs. We need to encourage each other and explore different opportunities.

If Nigerian builders are so hell bent on using concrete then heck let's get on with it then grin

Stained concrete will be another way to save money since you won't have to tile or carpet (you'll just use area rugs in key areas).

Another idea of mine in my build will be to use wood or steel for staircase.

Also Oga Spyder how feasible is using styrofoam blocks with poured concrete to make exterior walls?You'll get guaranteed straight walls done in a few hours.

My invitation to Oga Spyder still stands, I will write an invitation letter (whatever value that holds with the embassy) and put you up for a week or two so you can see first hand the methods being used today. I'm happy to see that you're now considering aluminium parapet. When I say the elaborate labour it takes to set up the forms I knew it was totally a waste. There's more improvement that can be made.

I am not a fan of building staircases with all concrete as being done in Nigeria today. As you mentioned, there are other options of building stair cases. Woods, steel and cast concrete in conjunction with other materials. I have seen it all on www.houzz.com.

I like floor tiles a lot. Polished vitrified tiles and polished porcelain tiles are my favorites but I don't mind stained floor at all if done right. Tiles are not cheap. I am of the opinion that whenever you want to do to your house, it is better to use top of the line tiles for floors. I was brainstorming few days ago about the cost of tiling about 400 square meter house with polished vitrified tiles or polished porcelain tiles. By my estimate, it is going to cost around 2 Million Naira for floor tiles alone and close to 600,000 Naira for walls. That is without charges to install the tiles. In the case of stained floor, it is something one can learn. I have watched the process of doing stained floors on youtube. This is something a lot Nigeria won't mind taking as an option when it comes to flooring because it is a lot cheaper than tiles. It is aesthetic and easy to maintain.

Terrazzo is another option. As a matter of fact, it is the best. There are terrazzo designs on houzz.com that are out of this world. I still look forward to the day a terrazzo expert presents his expertise on nairaland property section for us to see.

About Styrofoam blocks poured with concrete, I believe this to be the best option for Nigerians in the long run; especially in the water logged areas. One of the advantages of the styrofoam concrete poured walls is that you don't have to plaster or paint your wall after it forms. I like the way the concrete comes out.

1 Like

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by FastShipping: 5:31am On Jan 30, 2015
spyder880:

Honestly speaking, I have thought so much of visiting the US this year ending or in 2016 for more direct lectures especially as it concerns alternative methods. My sister who lives there had invited me last year but I was so busy with client's projects. I know there are many things to learn first hand, from bricks to wood to glass and even tiles. I will keep planning for a short trip, maybe for a month or two.

I must meet you whenever you decide to come to the U.S for a visit. We must take a trip to Home Depot and Lowes together few time and to some other home improvement stores. Just make sure you announce it in property section whenever you decide to come over.
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by Nobody: 5:35am On Jan 30, 2015
FastShipping:

I must meet you whenever you decide to come to the U.S for a visit. We must take a trip to Home Depot and Lowes together few time and to some other home improvement stores. Just make sure you announce it in property section whenever you decide to come over.

Yep, count me in too.

Even if it's on the least coast, I'll make an exception and fly out there from the best coast grin
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 31, 2015
Oga spyder... Make God bless me o. If things work out for me before the end of this year... I will need your service in Benin.

1 Like

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyder880(m): 6:36pm On Jan 31, 2015
2sExy1:
Oga spyder... Make God bless me o. If things work out for me before the end of this year... I will need your service in Benin.

I will always be around. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by lawali: 12:51pm On Feb 01, 2015
spyder880:

I will always be around. Thanks.
Well done team. I can say, I followed most discussion on property section with less time to talk (mean write). One of the best take away from this section for most of us who struggle hard to make this money is getting more and better done at reduced cost. I appreciate all comments and contributions so far.

Recently, I am at finishing stage of my project, getting ready to intsall windows and I have been going through many quotations for the job. Before now, I am an ardent fan of Tower product. I used it for my 1st house 10 years ago and I loved the colour,thickness & weight. Recent discussion with an installer pointed that I may be disappointed with available Tower profile thickness and variation in colours (for same order) compared to 10yrs ago.Though, I found this statement suprising and wish any house member can shed more light on the allegation.

From my discussion with the guy, I asked my self if I go for other product of lesser thickness and save 30-35% project cost won't that be worthwhile. Am I missing any other thing that the window won't be heavy? why do I need the profile to be thick or window heavy any way? I should feel cool, In as much as my window design does not introduce much overhanging weight. At least,those louvers windows with less metal used by early generations are still there intact (no shaking). With all these economy crunch, man needs to wise up and know it is not business as usual.

3 Likes

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by deniiQ: 5:10pm On Feb 01, 2015
Spyder, kindly check your ckenneths@yahoo.co.UK mail box.
I just sent you a mail.
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyder880(m): 9:46pm On Feb 01, 2015
deniiQ:
Spyder, kindly check your ckenneths@yahoo.co.UK mail box.
I just sent you a mail.

Ok.
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by InvertedHammer: 6:21am On Mar 02, 2015
/
I am in a serious dilemma. Each time I see houses in Nigeria, they follow a predictable pattern and style. That is POP, Stone-coated roofing, round pillars, etc. It seems that everyone builds with any style that is en vogue and run with it just like we had round-cornered houses, long-span,etc. Remarkably, I have been to houses where it seems that whoever did the POP work was partially blind--irregular arcs, crooked lines, etc.

Coming to my dilemma, I want to build a house but I want a style that is unique--something modern and unique like the picture shown below.
Can one get builders who can do it well especially in the East ( notorious for bad workmanship)?

\

cc: Spyder880, CityNG, mufutau55, FastShipping.

I started work on the fence on a 2 plots of land last month. I intend to use marble on the fence. Currently, the wall has been raised to 10 coaches above ground and the gate has been mounted this week. I will send in pictures by next week as soon as I get updated picture.

1 Like

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyder880(m): 8:14am On Mar 02, 2015
InvertedHammer:
/
I am in a serious dilemma. Each time I see houses in Nigeria, they follow a predictable pattern and style. That is POP, Stone-coated roofing, round pillars, etc. It seems that everyone builds with any style that is en vogue and run with it just like we had round-cornered houses, long-span,etc. Remarkably, I have been to houses where it seems that whoever did the POP work was partially blind--irregular arcs, crooked lines, etc.

Coming to my dilemma, I want to build a house but I want a style that is unique--something modern and unique like the picture shown below.
Can one get builders who can do it well especially in the East ( notorious for bad workmanship)?

\

I started work on the fence on a 2 plots of land last month. I intend to use marble on the fence. Currently, the wall has been raised to 10 coaches above ground and the gate has been mounted this week. I will send in pictures by next week as soon as I get updated picture.

It begins with you. Beautiful houses don't just happen, it comes as a result of painstaking efforts by you first, then the builder will finish the rest if he is good at what he does.

The rules?

1. Sit down and dream up a unique design
2. Get a good architect to draw up the plans
3. Research for the cost of building the house
4. Pay good money for the execution of the project, using a good building team
5. Then you have yourself a beautiful house.

The problem with Nigeria is that many people cut corners and arrive at the wrong processes with poorly skilled workmen who wreck havoc on the building, then the rest of the money is spent on corrective actions.

3 Likes

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by mufutau55(m): 3:36pm On Mar 02, 2015
InvertedHammer:

Can one get builders who can do it well especially in the East ( notorious for bad workmanship)?[/color]

I started work on the fence on a 2 plots of land last month. I intend to use marble on the fence.
Currently, the wall has been raised to 10 coaches above ground and the gate has been mounted this week.
I will send in pictures by next week as soon as I get updated picture.

I will tell you this much.. nothing is impossible in Nigeria, you just have to get the right person for the job.
Read what Spyder wrote above and that is exactly how it is... We are too much in copying "friend's house" that we loose what we personally want.
Please move over to Skimanki's and Ihebrooke and Kkonsults thread.. and you will see very nice architectural work like the one in the your posted pictures..
We are very talented in Nigeria but we don't like to deviate... many young people are realizing this and coming out with their own personal design.

Your picture did not show in the message, I will take the liberty of Modifying your message and attach the pictures. Very nice architectural work
and you can get Skimanski or Ihebrooke or Kkonsults (just to name a few) to design same or even better. We have nice Architects on Nairaland, we just have to challenge them.
Thank you.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by Nobody: 5:31pm On Mar 02, 2015
spyder880:

It begins with you. Beautiful houses don't just happen, it comes as a result of painstaking efforts by you first, then the builder will finish the rest if he is good at what he does.

The rules?

1. Sit down and dream up a unique design
2. Get a good architect to draw up the plans
3. Research for the cost of building the house
4. Pay good money for the execution of the project, using a good building team
5. Then you have yourself a beautiful house.

The problem with Nigeria is that many people cut corners and arrive at the wrong processes with poorly skilled workmen who wreck havoc on the building, then the rest of the money is spent on corrective actions.

I couldn't agree more.

I spent about 2 weeks learning how to draw on SketchUp and I've been working on my plan for two months perfecting it.

I'm just now in Ibadan looking at houses.
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by mufutau55(m): 5:38pm On Mar 02, 2015
CityNG:

Please keep us updated on your findings...

Hajji M.
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by InvertedHammer: 5:56pm On Mar 02, 2015
CityNG:

I couldn't agree more.

I spent about 2 weeks learning how to draw on SketchUp and I've been working on my plan for two months perfecting it.

/
Do you mind sharing some pictures of your findings in.Ibadan?
\
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by Nobody: 7:46pm On Mar 02, 2015
InvertedHammer:

/
Do you mind sharing some pictures of your findings in.Ibadan?
\

I will when I get back home as the Internet speed here is pathetic.

I also meant to type looking at "lands".
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by Nobody: 10:36am On Mar 03, 2015
InvertedHammer:
/

\

skimanski can get you that design. Below are some of his works

1 Like

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by InvertedHammer: 5:57am On Mar 04, 2015
2sExy1:
skimanski can get you that design. Below are some of his works
/
Thanks a lot.

That's exactly what I am looking for.

I will look him/her up.

\
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by Nobody: 12:44pm On Mar 04, 2015
InvertedHammer:

/
Thanks a lot.

That's exactly what I am looking for.

I will look him/her up.

\
you are welcome. Glad I could help. As long as funds won't be a problem, he will deliver. He is also a superb interior decorator... In fact he is housing in a box.. From start to finishing with complete team. Below are his interiors

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by osarodon(m): 12:53pm On May 12, 2015
Nice work
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by write2obi(m): 2:12pm On May 12, 2015
Spyder880 i really love what you were doing here, giving us beautiful designs and as well telling us what it will cost to finish it, please don't stop, try and continue.

1 Like

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by coolsid: 3:25pm On Sep 20, 2015
I like to know who designed this house. I am trying to do something like this.

Please send me the info designer . i can me reached on prospecthall@gmail.com

Thanks

sidney

InvertedHammer:
/

\

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by coolsid: 3:35pm On Sep 20, 2015
InvertedHammer:
/

\

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by mufutau55(m): 7:31pm On Sep 20, 2015
coolsid:

I like to know who designed this house. I am trying to do something like this.
Please send me the info designer . i can me reached on prospecthall@gmail.com
Thanks
Sidney

Designed by Skimanski, contact him at the info below:

Architect: Dezyns and Structures Ltd
Project Contractor: Dezyns and Structures Ltd
Tel: +2348038390386 / +2348185174782
Email: skimanski4life@yahoo.com / info@dnstructures.com
Scope of Work: Architectural Drawings to Complete Finishing.
Client Expectations: Ultra High

Kindly Follow Our other Threads for Other Designs and Finishings.

https://www.nairaland.com/1164230/best-architectural-interior-construction-works
https://www.nairaland.com/1522743/new-dimension-nigerian-architecture-construction
https://www.nairaland.com/2067260/lekki-gardens-finishings

Hajji M.
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyder880(m): 10:37pm On Sep 20, 2015
This is a 5 bedroom fully detached duplex, Call us on 08033350750 or send a mail to ckenneths at yahoo.co.uk for more information.

DOWNSTAIRS
1 Ante room
1 General lounge
1 Visitors w/c
1 Dining room
1 Large kitchen
1 Kitchen store
1 Laundry room
1 En-suite bedroom
1 Maid's room (accessible from the back of the house)
1 Front sit out
1 Back sit out

UPSTAIRS
1 Master bedroom with walk in closet
2 En-suite bedrooms (1 with a rear terrace)
1 Private lounge with a terrace
1 Front terrace
1 Study room

Let us replicate this beautiful house for you anywhere within the country.

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by mufutau55(m): 11:08pm On Sep 20, 2015
spyder880:
This is a 5 bedroom fully detached duplex, Call us on 08033350750 or send a mail to ckenneths at yahoo.co.uk for more information.

Gorgeous Spyder880. God shall provide.

Hajji M.
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyder880(m): 10:24pm On Sep 26, 2015
This is a 6 bedroom fully detached duplex, Call us on 08033350750, 07081821271 or send a mail to ckenneths at yahoo.co.uk for more information.

DOWNSTAIRS
1 Mini lounge
1 Ante room
1 Huge main lounge
1 Visitors w/c
1 Elevated dining room
1 Large kitchen
1 Kitchen store
1 Laundry room
1 gym room
1 En-suite bedroom
1 Front entrance porch
1 Surrounding pool terrace

UPSTAIRS
3 En-suite bedrooms
1 Family lounge
1 Front balcony
1 Study room
1 Voided space with a gallery

1 Like

Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by FastShipping: 12:40am On Sep 27, 2015
spyder880:
This is a 6 bedroom fully detached duplex, Call us on 08033350750, 07081821271 or send a mail to ckenneths at yahoo.co.uk for more information.

DOWNSTAIRS
1 Mini lounge
1 Ante room
1 Huge main lounge
1 Visitors w/c
1 Elevated dining room
1 Large kitchen
1 Kitchen store
1 Laundry room
1 gym room
1 En-suite bedroom
1 Front entrance porch
1 Surrounding pool terrace

UPSTAIRS
3 En-suite bedrooms
1 Family lounge
1 Front balcony
1 Study room
1 Voided space with a gallery

Including Ibadan, Abeokuta, Ogbomosho, Ikorodu, Akure, Maiduguri, Damboa, Bindao........? grin
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by AdiscoPele: 12:42am On Sep 27, 2015
How much will the 5 bedroom cost please.
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyder880(m): 6:01am On Sep 27, 2015
FastShipping:
[/color]

Including Ibadan, Abeokuta, Ogbomosho, Ikorodu, Akure, Maiduguri, Damboa, Bindao........? grin

Anywhere apart from Maiduguri grin grin grin
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by spyder880(m): 6:02am On Sep 27, 2015
AdiscoPele:
How much will the 5 bedroom cost please.

Please send me a mail ckenneths at yahoo.co.uk or call 08033350750, 07081821271. Thanks.
Re: The Cost And Conditions For Building These Types Of Houses by youngbilly1: 10:14am On Sep 27, 2015
spyder880:
A 3 bedroom bungalow, neat finish, parapet, stone coated step tiles roofing, frontal tiles, till painting level

3 bedroom (1 master)
1 lounge
1 frontal balcony
1 kitchen
1 visitors rest room

Can I see a floor plan of this house?
Cost is N5.5m in the eastern axis

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects / Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) / Kitchen cabinets, Wardrobes & Doors @ Touchstone Design Solutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.