Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,228 members, 7,811,631 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:12 PM

Why Are Nigerians Tagged "Bad" In Most Foreign Countries. - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Are Nigerians Tagged "Bad" In Most Foreign Countries. (8560 Views)

So There Are Nigerians That Fly From Lagos To London Then To Abuja Than Direct? / Where Are Nigerians In Australia . / Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: Why Are Nigerians Tagged "Bad" In Most Foreign Countries. by Wasbayd: 3:36pm On Jul 22, 2012
humblepie: Fellow brothers and sisters we are all feeling the burden of that name Nigeria regardless of what comments are being posted here cos at the end of it all ,the onus lies on everyone of us. Our attitude needs a drastic change me inclusive cos I'm sick n tired of questions whenever the name Nigeria is propped up feels like a bomb coming out of my mouth anytime I'm being asked of my origin ,its not funny shed tears ,depressed etc as a Nigerian ??but I'm not deterred cos my inner strength lies within me always head up!! So pls let's not lose sight of how the battered image can be redeemed.. in our little corner we can make d light shine positively just with words being tools for others to make use of ....we don't need to insult ourselves rather stumble heads together and shed that bad toga to shame..God bless us all!!

Great one from you. Few days back a young Nigerian died after graduation ceremony in europe and the Nigerian embassy over there said (as rumored) they can't afford the fund to send the body back home cos the deceased was not on scholaship. The fellow Nigerian students had to contribute to ensure the boy's buried over there, while the embassy couldn't render any help. as we all know what the next reaction and comments could be: NIGERIA GOVT IS THIS AND THAT! Then I made a statement I will like to make here too:

"If nothing tamper with the golden Nigeria within me, I believe one day I will live to change the Nigeria without. Any government can fail her people but the goverment of God never disappoint, let's just have a good heart and trust in God and God alone"

Until we stand up to our responsibilities as an individual citizen of Nigeria, and change our mentality of I'M-ON-MY-OWN our image will keep getting worse.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Tagged "Bad" In Most Foreign Countries. by Wasbayd: 3:36pm On Jul 22, 2012
humblepie: Fellow brothers and sisters we are all feeling the burden of that name Nigeria regardless of what comments are being posted here cos at the end of it all ,the onus lies on everyone of us. Our attitude needs a drastic change me inclusive cos I'm sick n tired of questions whenever the name Nigeria is propped up feels like a bomb coming out of my mouth anytime I'm being asked of my origin ,its not funny shed tears ,depressed etc as a Nigerian ??but I'm not deterred cos my inner strength lies within me always head up!! So pls let's not lose sight of how the battered image can be redeemed.. in our little corner we can make d light shine positively just with words being tools for others to make use of ....we don't need to insult ourselves rather stumble heads together and shed that bad toga to shame..God bless us all!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fidet Okhiria: Train Services In Nigeria Cheap, Heavily Subsidised / Boeing Set To Deliver First 737 Max Since Plane's Grounding / Japa 101: Europe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.