Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,941 members, 7,821,297 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

awper - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / awper (12373 Views)

. / Compliment And Toast A Girl With Your Professional Jargons / Nigerian Girl Vs Namibian Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: awper by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 24, 2012
Girls with standards anyday.

Being a "free-spirit" is honestly an euphemism for having very little sense of discipline.

1 Like

Re: awper by xynerise: 6:47pm On Jun 24, 2012
ayobase:

Expatiate!
u sef know na grin
Re: awper by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jun 24, 2012
talina: This question is kind of vague. Free spirited can have different meanings to different people. It sounds like here,free spirited is eqivalent to selfish and easy to get in bed.
Some one adventurous...she does what best suits her at that moment...
Re: awper by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jun 24, 2012
queensmith: a free spirited person cannot have standards? what is this?

I mean a person who does not set standards for what she wants...she jus goes where the wind blows her...she is into trying out new things...anytime,,,anywhere
Re: awper by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jun 24, 2012
sosoluv:
Some one adventurous...she does what best suits her at that moment...

Ok, but like I said, there are different meanings of free spirited. This one sounds selfish to me.
Re: awper by chocplum(f): 7:01pm On Jun 24, 2012
[b][/b]I'd go for a cultured lady with standards anyday. That means she also knows how to hacken to my own standards too. . . It would also be easy for us to reach a compromise on serious issues.

And what do you mean 90 day rule? Was that a joke? [/size][/font][/color][/quote]
Very funny. The guy no fit hold body
Re: awper by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jun 24, 2012
90 days rule shocked
#Justhinkin, Some guys I knw will go all the way acting all nice until dt 'Golden Kitty Day' and move on the very minute the deed is done
Re: awper by cindyrella(f): 7:14pm On Jun 24, 2012
90 days rules?
Re: awper by sizzlers(m): 7:15pm On Jun 24, 2012
standard ko! 90 ni
Re: awper by freecocoa(f): 7:16pm On Jun 24, 2012
cindyrella: A 90 days rules?
My friend do you speak english?angry
Re: awper by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 24, 2012
flanrey: 90 days rule shocked
#Justhinkin, Some guys I knw will go all the way acting all nice until dt 'Golden Kitty Day' and move on the very minute the deed is done
The rule is trying to build intimacy without being sensual...trying to see how far he can go with a woman where sex is not involved. Trust me somewhere along the line he will give it away
Re: awper by queensmith: 7:24pm On Jun 24, 2012
sosoluv:
I mean a person who does not set standards for what she wants...she jus goes where the wind blows her...she is into trying out new things...anytime,,,anywhere

I just don't get 'low standards' when I hear 'free spirit'. But I see what you mean.
Re: awper by Jack65: 7:28pm On Jun 24, 2012
Free spirited for me! Women with standard are the type that will kill you as soon as they suspect you. Or make your life miserable with their stupid standards.
Re: awper by Jack65: 7:35pm On Jun 24, 2012
graluxxy054: Gals wt standard are d best anytime. And hey mister, 90 days rules or nt, premarital sex ain't proper

What's wrong with premarital sex ?? Do you even know that humans and (I think) Dolphins and the only animal that enjoys sex, the other animals just mate for reproduction. Marriage is just part of civilization and a bondage IMO
Re: awper by 9zeros(m): 7:49pm On Jun 24, 2012
sosoluv:
A woman does not sleep wit a man until she has been with him for a solid 3months...jus enjoying each other's company and getting to know each other
keep watching movies n wishin.
Re: awper by cindyrella(f): 8:00pm On Jun 24, 2012
freecocoa: My friend do you speak english?angry

Typo error I guess!
Re: awper by MrCork17: 8:02pm On Jun 24, 2012
cindyrella:

Typo error I guess!

Cingrella. are u a spirit?shocked
Re: awper by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jun 24, 2012
9-zeros:

keep watching movies n wishin.
So we should all settle for less and end up wit AIDS or unwanted pregnancies simply becos because some rat does not have self-control?
Re: awper by vilively: 8:05pm On Jun 24, 2012
B4 I used to think that it was only girls that sed something with the intention of meaning another thing.....but from what I see....Guys like gals with standards morewow..where did that come from.
Re: awper by vilively: 8:10pm On Jun 24, 2012
I hope y'all are being honest coz its usually not the case in the real world..they r always shoving the whole idea of being free spirited and open down our throats....its all good tho

But the topic isn't being very clear eithr...u r depicting. Free spirited gals as selfish and gals with standards as Rigid..and pls which movie did u get the whole 90day rule from.
Re: awper by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jun 24, 2012
vilively: I hope y'all are being honest coz its usually not the case in the real world..they r always shoving the whole idea of being free spirited and open down our throats....its all good tho

But the topic isn't being very clear eithr...u r depicting. Free spirited gals as selfish and gals with standards as Rigid..and pls which movie did u get the whole 90day rule from.
Steve harvey's book 'act like a lady, think like a man'
Let's make it easier if pple don't understand free-spirited they should consult a dictionary before putting a comment....
A girl who has standards has certain qualities she expects a man to have, she has certain expectations from her relationships,,,she does things in a formal manner,,, she doesn't compromise with certain things,,,
Re: awper by queensmith: 8:19pm On Jun 24, 2012
sosoluv:

That book is the definition of coonery. . . .that book is the devil. Eurgh I couldnt pass page 5. I couldn't fill my head with such nonsense.
Re: awper by cindyrella(f): 8:22pm On Jun 24, 2012
Mr..Cork:

Cingrella. are u a spirit?shocked

Huh??
Re: awper by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jun 24, 2012
queensmith:

That book is the definition of coonery. . . .that book is the devil. Eurgh I couldnt pass page 5. I couldn't fill my head with such nonsense.
Cool so have managed to find a real man by jus opening them legs wen he demands for it grin
queensmith:

Cool so have managed to find a real man by jus opening them legs wen he demands for it
Re: awper by 9zeros(m): 8:25pm On Jun 24, 2012
sosoluv:
So we should all settle for less and end up wit AIDS or unwanted pregnancies simply becos because some rat does not have self-control?
dats y dey made con/doms! hv fun.
Re: awper by queensmith: 8:30pm On Jun 24, 2012
talina: This question is kind of vague. Free spirited can have different meanings to different people. It sounds like here,free spirited is eqivalent to selfish and easy to get in bed.

I was thinking the same thing, I mean you can keep the 90 day rule while dating a rude, jobless thug? Does that mean you have standards? The 90 day rule might not be one of your principles whilst dating respectable men is, that doesn't make you free spirited. You can strictly adhere to your own rules?

I think what the OP means is a conservative person vs a liberal one. Someone who adheres to 'dating rules' vs someone who goes by her own personal principles.

Most won't realise adhering to dating rules is actually a form of manipulation rather than an indication of discipline. The whole point of following that rule is to 'make' the dude fall for her or want her more or whatever other reasons people do it I forget.
Re: awper by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jun 24, 2012
queensmith:

I was thinking the same thing, I mean you can keep the 90 day rule while dating a rude, jobless thug? Does that mean you have standards? The 90 day rule might not be one of your principles whilst dating respectable men is, that doesn't make you free spirited. You can strictly adhere to your own rules?

I think what the OP means is a conservative person vs a liberal one. Someone who adheres to 'dating rules' vs someone who goes by her own personal principles.

Most won't realise adhering to dating rules is actually a form of manipulation rather than an indication of discipline. The whole point of following that rule is to 'make' the dude fall for her or want her more or whatever other reasons people do it I forget.

Do you read the posts, before making a comment? undecided

sosoluv: Yes 90 days dating but not sexual intercourse! Having standards includes certain qualities she expects in a guy....is he sucess driven, is he goal orientated, how he values his woman, is he gentleman,,, stuff like that

^^^The OP already explained what she meant by standards there... grin
Re: awper by MrsChima(f): 8:39pm On Jun 24, 2012
sosoluv:
Let's make it easier if pple don't understand free-spirited they should consult a dictionary before putting a comment....
A girl who has standards has certain qualities she expects a man to have, she has certain expectations from her relationships,,,she does things in a formal manner,,, she doesn't compromise with certain things,,,

Thank you....that's the core definition of women with standards. I think the illiterate meant cultured or refined women. Cultured and refined women usually follow what is societal acceptable in their society albeit their village, town, or country.
Re: awper by vilively: 8:40pm On Jun 24, 2012
sosoluv:

As gals we both know that either ways don't work..a little of both works mosttimes. but I'm just surprised at the number of guys that prefer gals with standards...but its a good thing
But do u hoNestly believe that steve Harvey book....I hate having to read bOoks that forces me to accept that this is how I am as a lady.makes things just complicated for us all.gals don't get to discover themselves truly coz they stick to what's in those type of books.....but HEY!!!its just a book right
Re: awper by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jun 24, 2012
9-zeros:

dats y dey made con/doms! hv fun.
The whole point of having guidelines or rules is to find a keeper not a shagmate
Re: awper by claremont(m): 8:47pm On Jun 24, 2012
Y'all Nigerian ladies can keep on dreaming about imaginary perfect men encapsulated with all your so-called "standards". I just dey laff dey gol very soon age go overtake una so much so that nah una go dey beg ghetto riffraff for marriage!
Re: awper by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jun 24, 2012
vilively:

As gals we both know that either ways don't work..a little of both works mosttimes. but I'm just surprised at the number of guys that prefer gals with standards...but its a good thing
But do u hoNestly believe that steve Harvey book....I hate having to read bOoks that forces me to accept that this is how I am as a lady.makes things just complicated for us all.gals don't get to discover themselves truly coz they stick to what's in those type of books.....but HEY!!!its just a book right
I totally get u but I jus wanna know if u found a real man without any guidelines...a guy who still loves u crazy without the sex

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Detect Marine Girl's. / PHOTO : guys is this resistible? ( MEN ONLY) / Reasons Why Guys Avoid Commitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.