Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,564 members, 7,816,380 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Wimbledon 2012 - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Wimbledon 2012 (37402 Views)

Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon / Rafael Nadal Knocked-out Of Wimbledon 2013 In 1st Round Match / Wimbledon 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wimbledon 2012 by gyde(m): 8:13pm On Jun 30, 2012
Murray first set
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by femzy(m): 10:55pm On Jun 30, 2012
No one following the Murray - Bagdahtis match here
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by femzy(m): 10:56pm On Jun 30, 2012
Murray has no reason not to win this one as the fans are really behind him smiley
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by femzy(m): 11:00pm On Jun 30, 2012
Murray for the double break in the 4th set. 11pm already
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by femzy(m): 11:02pm On Jun 30, 2012
Murray serves for game set plus match.
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by gyde(m): 11:34pm On Jun 30, 2012
Good test for murray
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by mystikal(m): 11:54pm On Jun 30, 2012
Murray has just invented speed tennis at Wimbledon.

A lot happened while I was away. Nadal. . . what

Sharapova and Williams seems to be on everyone's lips, but I admire how Kvitova is quietly dispatching her opponents with ease. Could just sneak into the final again.

#teamtsonga.
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Delafruita(m): 10:27am On Jul 01, 2012
had my heart in my mouth during the third set.memories of baghdatis beating murray in 2006 came to mind.i believe this is murray's year and the wait will be worth it.would have loved to meet nadal enroute the final but,its all the same.#teammurray
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Mikebrown(m): 12:19pm On Jul 01, 2012
mystikal: Murray has just invented speed tennis at Wimbledon.

Sharapova and Williams seems to be on everyone's lips, but I admire how Kvitova is quietly dispatching her opponents with ease. Could just sneak into the final again.

#teamtsonga.
lol
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by AndrewFlexx9(m): 12:24pm On Jul 01, 2012
Up Andy Murray!!
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by fredoooooo: 12:33pm On Jul 01, 2012
jokers , this is the problem with this guy , good player no doubt , but the media should just let him win a slam before anything ......

2 Likes

Re: Wimbledon 2012 by fredoooooo: 12:37pm On Jul 01, 2012
mystikal: Murray has just invented speed tennis at Wimbledon.

#teamtsonga.

petra is very good on this surface , i wont be suprise if she win again . watch out for vika too
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jul 01, 2012
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by member10: 1:37pm On Jul 01, 2012
I don't know why you guys are buying into this british media BS! Why? This guy is a bad player, he has never won a grand slam and yet he gets more attention more than people who have won them in double figure!
All because he is british!
Murry is not winning nothing, novak or roger are the players to beat, not some undeserving player!
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jul 01, 2012
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by femzy(m): 2:11pm On Jul 01, 2012
Delafruita: had my heart in my mouth during the third set.memories of baghdatis beating murray in 2006 came to mind.i believe this is murray's year and the wait will be worth it.would have loved to meet nadal enroute the final but,its all the same.#teammurray
AndrewFlexx9: Up Andy Murray!!
Who are these people ...lmaoffff
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by ddippset(m): 2:28pm On Jul 01, 2012
he'd have to assasinate djokovic and federer for him to have his time.
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Delafruita(m): 2:29pm On Jul 01, 2012
كلورين: I don't know why you guys are buying into this british media BS! Why? This guy is a bad player, he has never won a grand slam and yet he gets more attention more than people who have won them in double figure!
Murry is not winning nothing, novak or roger are the players to beat, not some undeserving player!
Murray is ranked number 4 in the world and has been in the top 5 for a longtime.he has won every other thing in tennis except a slam hence the media hype.in john McEnroe's words "murray is the greatest player never to have won a grandslam".a lot of pundits and fans share the same thought.unless of course you think been ranked number 4 behind djokovic,nadal and federer is child's play
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Santino1(m): 2:30pm On Jul 01, 2012
femzy:

you beat me to it....
fredoooooo:

petra is very good on this surface , i wont be suprise if she win again . watch out for vika too

they ain't winning Nada.... grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Delafruita(m): 2:38pm On Jul 01, 2012
ddippset: he'd have to assasinate djokovic and federer for him to have his time.
Murray beat federer in indianapolis a few years ago,beat novak a couple of times only he hasn't replicated same in the slams.I know he will this year.watching him against davydenko was thrilling.he made just 8 unforced errors against karlovic compared to 42 for his opponent.baghdatis was a tough opponent but murray showed character to come back to win it.call him the "drama queen" or "undeserving" the fact remains the dude is 4th best in the world and deserves a slam.most of those commenting don't even know murray's game.with nadal out.his path to the final is clear.he plays a similar pattern with novak and only needs to outlast the serb which he failed to do last time.I doubt federer will get to the final but if he does,his long forearm won't work this time
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Delafruita(m): 2:48pm On Jul 01, 2012
femzy:

people who believe a player as good as andy murray will win wimbledon 2012
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by AndrewFlexx9(m): 2:57pm On Jul 01, 2012
Delafruita:

Confirm,U get Mouth!
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Delafruita(m): 3:00pm On Jul 01, 2012
كلورين: I don't know why you guys are buying into this british media BS! Why? This guy is a bad player, he has never won a grand slam and yet he gets more attention more than people who have won them in double figure!
i find you people amusing.a player with a career record of 75%victories,22 singles titles,once ranked second in the world,currently ranked 4th,was in semi-final of all slams last year,losing finalist in 3 slam finals,has been in the top 10 since 2007,just 3 years after turning pro in 2004.you now call him a bad player because he has never won a slam.has tsonga won a slam,has david ferrer won a slam,has isner won a slam?you guys dont really know what you're talking about.murray is way up there with the best and will silence his critics this year
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by karpentar: 3:03pm On Jul 01, 2012
Murray represents typical British sporting ways. Like the English football team and clubs, its all about defense and hoping to only score by taking advantages of opponent mistakes or from set pieces. No initiative or attacking mentality. Murray its the same. Just returning the balls and defending without initiating any attack for most part of his tennis matches. There's no way he can win any grand slam that way. He can only manage to win few ATP tours once in a while because the other top players don't take these tours as serious as the slams.

British are just noise makers that hardly win anything except in some sports that opponents don't even understand the rules such as sailing, horse racing, snooker, cricket or even rugby. Useless autocratic country where kingship and queenship is left to only one family.

1 Like

Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Santino1(m): 3:16pm On Jul 01, 2012
Delafruita:
Murray beat federer in indianapolis a few years ago,beat novak a couple of times only he hasn't replicated same in the slams.I know he will this year.watching him against davydenko was thrilling.he made just 8 unforced errors against karlovic compared to 42 for his opponent.baghdatis was a tough opponent but murray showed character to come back to win it.call him the "drama queen" or "undeserving" the fact remains the dude is 4th best in the world and deserves a slam.most of those commenting don't even know murray's game.with nadal out.his path to the final is clear.he plays a similar pattern with novak and only needs to outlast the serb which he failed to do last time.I doubt federer will get to the final but if he does,his long forearm won't work this time

going by your analogy, since the 1st and 3rd ranked players are still in the game, he doesn't have a shot at it...

Delafruita:

everybody has a right to dream...init?

Delafruita:
i find you people amusing.a player with a career record of 75%victories,22 singles titles,once ranked second in the world,currently ranked 4th,was in semi-final of all slams last year,losing finalist in 3 slam finals,has been in the top 10 since 2007,just 3 years after turning pro in 2004.you now call him a bad player because he has never won a slam.has tsonga won a slam,has david ferrer won a slam,has isner won a slam?you guys dont really know what you're talking about.murray is way up there with the best and will silence his critics this year

In tennis, all those count for little. if you are in doubt, check out Dinara Safina, Jelena Jankovic, Caroline Wozniacki e.t.c. if all those stats make Murray a ''very great'' player, then Juan Martin Delpo should be seen as a ''god'' as he was the first ever player to beat both Rafa and Fed in the same tour yet we don't hear so much hype about him as the ''slamless'' Murray

karpentar: Murray represents typical British sporting ways. Like the English football team and clubs, its all about defense and hoping to only score by taking advantages of opponent mistakes or from set pieces. No initiative or attacking mentality. Murray its the same. Just returning the balls and defending without initiating any attack for most part of his tennis matches. There's no way he can win any grand slam that way. He can only manage to win few ATP tours once in a while because the other top players don't take these tours as serious as the slams.

British are just noise makers that hardly win anything except in some sports that opponents don't even understand the rules such as sailing, horse racing, snooker, cricket or even rugby. Useless autocratic country where kingship and queenship is left to only one family.

May God bless you (if you believe in God, that is)
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Delafruita(m): 3:33pm On Jul 01, 2012
karpentar: Murray represents typical British sporting ways. Like the English football team and clubs, its all about defense and hoping to only score by taking advantages of opponent mistakes or from set pieces. No initiative or attacking mentality. Murray its the same. Just returning the balls and defending without initiating any attack for most part of his tennis matches. There's no way he can win any grand slam that way. He can only manage to win few ATP tours once in a while because the other top players don't take these tours as serious as the slams.

your post shows you dont even know what you're talking about.murray demolished davydenko with an all-attack strategy.with karlovic,his priority was to first break the dangerous serves the big man is known for,settle into a rhythm then break into an attack.with baghdatis he had to be defensive.baggy beat him in 2006 with his wide shots.to prevent that murray had to remain on his line most of the time and the strategy worked.

The fact that you dont understand a sport doesnt erode its appeal.rugby is an interesting game.the american version,NFL is more popular than soccer in america.i was glued to my seat all through the superbowl in anticipation of a giants win and suprisingly,some other lagosians were in bars to celebrate
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by karpentar: 3:57pm On Jul 01, 2012
@Delfruita
Murray is more of a defensive player. Everybody knows that including his new coach Ivan Lendi, who's is trying to encourage more offensive play. That's the truth whether you agree or not! This is part of the reason he's yet to win any slam. The same reason English national team hasn't won any major trophy since I was borne, yet they consider their football league the best in the world. What a joke!!! Noise makers with nothing to show for it. No grand slam for close to 100 years now, no female player in the top 20. What a country!
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by montelik(m): 4:05pm On Jul 01, 2012
Karpentar is very correct in some respect. Murray has shown no issues dispatching and dominating all the other men on the ATP. The problem is the top 3, particularly at the grand slams, when these guys are usually at their best. Murray needs to be more aggressive when facing the likes of Roger, Novak and Rafa in the slams. if he wants a slam, he will likely face one, if not two of them in the latter stage and unless they are out of form, his present laid-back, defensive and wait for the opening/mistake approach against them likely wont be enough, it may work at the other ATP events, but not during the grand slams.
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by karpentar: 4:07pm On Jul 01, 2012
@montelik
Thanks!!!
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 01, 2012
This Thread one of tha Best on Nairaland
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by femzy(m): 5:30pm On Jul 01, 2012
Delafruita:
Delafruita: your post shows you dont even know what you're talking about.murray demolished davydenko with an all-attack strategy.with karlovic,his priority was to first break the dangerous serves the big man is known for,settle into a rhythm then break into an attack.with baghdatis he had to be defensive.baggy beat him in 2006 with his wide shots.to prevent that murray had to remain on his line most of the time and the strategy worked.

[size=13pt]First all, your posts just got me smiling.
We are talking about 5 setter slams where you need added stamina and you are calling names like beating Bagdahtis,Isner and Karlovic who only serves without backing it up with basic tennis as a feat. I doubt if you know what it takes to win a single GS(please ask the top 3). Next time if you want to bring valid points to us, please talk about the best.
With a record of losing 0-3 in his past GS finals each time in straight sets is enough reasons to tell the whole world he needs something extra. I can forgive his inexperience to lose to Great Fed in the US open finals 08 but losing consistently to my dear Novak in the Aus 10 & 11 finals in straight set tells me or anyone he shows consistency in losing at big moments. I can go on and on why Murray is just a hype but in cusory please just know that Murray is a good ( not great) player playing in a wrong era. I don't and won't type much on this tablet as I won't like to kill your dreams. wink . [/size]
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Santino1(m): 5:37pm On Jul 01, 2012
@montelik and @femzy..

well summarized

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply)

West Ham Vs Man Utd: Solskjaer To Be Without Three Key Players For EPL Clash / Morocco V Belgium: Riot Erupts As Moroccan Fans Flip Cars, Celebrate Famous Win / Tyronne Ebuehi Rejects Nigeria's Invite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.