Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,989 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. (19238 Views)

Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat / GEJ Media Chat On AIT, NTA: Live Updates / GEJ Media Chat Vs Euro 2012: Which Will You Watch? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by kollyoni(m): 7:23am On Jun 25, 2012
its a shame the Nigerian president on chat and call are getting dropped like that. Av u ever seen calls not clear not even drop on who wants to be a millionnaire? Are these not same operator we still av? Abi na arrangee? Or better still poor organization? Talk about rule of law, who lieing here? The president interpreted in his own way and lawmakers in there own way. I think learning the content of our constitution should be included in our education curriculum generally from junior sec school. May God help us.
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by oddy4real(m): 7:28am On Jun 25, 2012
onye_ngbu*:

Pentagon?! shocked shocked shocked
Abeg remind me again, Which is Nigerias equivalent of Pentagon? Kaduna, Kano or Yobe?
Some Nigerians like Kobokunjie and dem mindless haters are dunce and insatiable. This issue of travelling to Brazil is like what happened on October 1st last year. GEJ said "the country is mourning and we should have a low key celebration". Many e-idiots on Nairaland called him a coward for stoping the process of Governance cos of Boko Haram. Now, assuming the Independence day celebration had gone on with the usual fanfare, this same people would criticise that as been unhumanly for celebrating when people are mourning.
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by ayobase(m): 7:30am On Jun 25, 2012
engineerd: @ayobase....

So what do you mean by the constitution will be amended to make the INFO public if it is already explicitly stated?? Or am i reading ARABIC

Well, contrary to FoI's Act, the CCB maintained that journalist or other members of the public may not have access to DETAILS of assets declared by public office holders on the grounds that the document still CONTAINS PERSONAL INFO.
And d CCB infact needs JUDICIAL INTERPRETATION to declare.
Infact, some public office holders declared their assets with CCB declined to make it available to the public based on the fact that the Act did not mandate them to make their declaration public.
Its Voluntary to make it PUBLIC PUBLIC!
Since CCB has it, they can probe and sue on our behalf if there is any ambiguity.
Not that I wont be happy to know what they all worth though!
Obama, wey don dey halla, what does he worth?
In a nutshell, its totally against the law and worthy of being reprimanded if GEJ will not declare his assets TO CCB!
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by onatisi(m): 7:33am On Jun 25, 2012
dedeike: Best presidential media chat ever in recent times. mr president clearly won our hearts with his answers on so many of the issues raised. Thank you Bayoooo for posting this summary so that people like
KOBOJUNKIE will be well informed

i must confess he won my heart too.for the first time he is talking sense well at least some anyway.and if anyone cant deduce any sense from all what gej has said that that person is completely senseless.i know he is under pressure i think he should start talking more so that ppl will knw more about his programs and for all those gej haters on nl i beg go find work to do and stop criticizing he whom God has lifted
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by ibide(m): 7:34am On Jun 25, 2012
No holp from the chart
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by AbdulAdam56(m): 7:48am On Jun 25, 2012
All Liars
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by ibsmooth: 7:54am On Jun 25, 2012
Mumulity
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by onatisi(m): 8:02am On Jun 25, 2012
Abdul Adam56: All Liars

and i guess you are the only honest person
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by elliottibanga(m): 8:18am On Jun 25, 2012
Nigeria's road to hell with be paved with Jonathan's good intentions!
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by Sealeddeal(m): 8:23am On Jun 25, 2012
Is the declaration of assets the only thing dat GEJ talked about yesterday? Why is every1 interested in it and what is the need for Public declaration of asset when constitution didnt stipulate that.what law mentioned was that a public officer should declare his assets to CCB from whom any interested body can obtain it.so public declaration of assest is not lawful.but,even if GEJ flouts the law,i dont think nigerians should be surprised because there is not a single nigeria that obey the law. On other issues presented by GEJ,he is right on point.i commend his govt for its strategy and carefulness.i am not equally saying dat people should not criticised the govt because not everybody will like everything.
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by forkadict(m): 8:26am On Jun 25, 2012
Chei! see wetin Big Brother and England VS Italy cause me o.

But wetin the guy wan yarn sef? Wey go make me sacrifice Big brother and Euro nations cup quarter final match?
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by Pukkah: 8:28am On Jun 25, 2012
engineerd:

DO YOU KNOW ENGLISH IS NOT OUR FIRST LANGUAGE? THERE IS SOMETHING CALLED MIS-SPEAKING!!!!! NO PRESIDENT IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD INTENTIONALLY DECLARE HIS INTENT TO VIOLATE A "LAW OF THE LAND". I CAN CRITICIZE GEJ FROM MORNING TILL NIGHT BUT ONE THING I FIND VERY IMPRESSIVE ABOUT THIS PRESIDENT IS HIS TRANSPARENCY.....SECOND TO NONE.....THAT'S THE ONLY REASON NIGERIAN'S HAVE THE LIBERTY TO EVEN BE ABLE TO CRITICIZE HIM!!!!!!

What are you trying to say here? That the only reason why Nigerians can criticize their democratically elected President is because he is transparent? embarassed embarassed

Must you over-reach yourself to defend Jonathan?
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by BetaThings: 8:28am On Jun 25, 2012
bayooooooo: By SaharaReporters, New York

20:35 The president says he "thinks" Nigerians should still trust him. He blames his poor public perception on the dublicability of IT (social media).

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/5734-LIVE-UPDATES-President-Jonathans-third-media-chat.html

So can we identify the person who is using multiple IDs to tell us how articulate and intelligent the president was
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by BetaThings: 8:33am On Jun 25, 2012
engineerd:

DO YOU KNOW ENGLISH IS NOT OUR FIRST LANGUAGE? THERE IS SOMETHING CALLED MIS-SPEAKING!!!!! NO PRESIDENT IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD INTENTIONALLY DECLARE HIS INTENT TO VIOLATE A "LAW OF THE LAND". I CAN CRITICIZE GEJ FROM MORNING TILL NIGHT BUT ONE THING I FIND VERY IMPRESSIVE ABOUT THIS PRESIDENT IS HIS TRANSPARENCY.....SECOND TO NONE.....THAT'S THE ONLY REASON NIGERIAN'S HAVE THE LIBERTY TO EVEN BE ABLE TO CRITICIZE HIM!!!!!!

Somebody says he does not believe in making his asset declaration public.
You say his transparency is second to none
What about the person who made public his own asset declaration

I also recall that Ali Baba (the comedian) at a public event during Yaradua administration joked that somebody who was ordering food at a restaurant said he wanted some Yaradua to go with his food
(Yaradua being snail)
So was this not criticism? in public and in disparaging terms
At least check Nairaland for how Yaradua was criticised
Nigerians have always criticised their leaders - even Abacha
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by gbadexy(m): 8:38am On Jun 25, 2012
Point one, when he said we should wait till 2013 before talking of 2015, and that INEC will decide who contests in 2015, it simply means he is contesting again.
Point two, his not believing in asset declaration and refusing to declare his asset and even believing declaring his asset is WRONG! Proves without doubt he has something to hide and he is corrupt. What is your personal principle got to do with being transparent.
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by texazzpete(m): 8:46am On Jun 25, 2012
ayobase:

I cant answer that on his behalf.
The question is....is that what is needed at this perilious time in Naija?
Imagine the headline on BBC ''THE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA, GEJ DECLARES ASSETS AMISDT PREVALENT CHAOS EMANATING FROM THE NORTHERN PART OF THE COUNTRY''
The same pple like u will castigate the man!

Believe it or not, we expect the President to multi-task even during this Boko Haram menace. Money has been allocated to all sectors in the last budget passed. I do not expect GEJ to use Boko Haram as an excuse for underperformance and failure to keep his pre-election campaign. Nobody will castigate the President for declaring his asset now and you know this. Why spread FUD?

We want to know what our leaders and public servants go in with...so we can benchmark when they come out and have a rough idea how much they've enriched themselves with our state funds.

For example a few years ago Tompolo was a millitant leader with no visible legal source of income. Now he's able to make payments of $150 million to secure a ludicrously cheap Waterways security contract. How did that happen?
Only in Nigeria.
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by BetaThings: 8:46am On Jun 25, 2012
gbadexy: Point one, when he said we should wait till 2013 before talking of 2015, and that INEC will decide who contests in 2015, it simply means he is contesting again.
Point two, his not believing in asset declaration and refusing to declare his asset and even believing declaring his asset is WRONG! Proves without doubt he has something to hide and he is corrupt. What is your personal principle got to do with being transparent.

The man is a hypocrite. He is always accusing others of playing politics, politics
Yet he has played politics more than any other president
He sends his people to fly a kite about 2015, his people threaten all the time about occupying resources
But he gives the impression that other people do not allow him to rule
His people would give any person from another part of the country problems
They call everyone not from SS parasites all the time

People said it would have been unfair for an incumbent not to contest
Yet he did not allow Sylva, an incumbent, to contest
He said Salami's case is in court and want to be careful
Yet he suspended Salami on a Sunday while there was a case in court
The police have been very focussed on N97m Farouk Lawan case
Yet they have not done anything about the N2tr oil subsidy report

Even if it is a matter of calling the people indicted to come over an explain
No, nothing

1 Like

Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by Nobody: 8:46am On Jun 25, 2012
dedeike: Best presidential media chat ever in recent times. mr president clearly won our hearts with his answers on so many of the issues raised. Thank you Bayoooo for posting this summary so that people like KOBOJUNKIE will be well informed
...yea,was actually waiting for you and d Beafs of dis forum. I will ask u a simple question; ...if it were Barack Obama giving a media chatt,wud d mojority of his country men opt to watch Euro 2012 instead? I av never watched any of GEJ's staged/arrangee Media Chats b4,and I NEVER WILL! Wen I begin to see emprical facts on d ground on a daily basis dt we av a working & responsible Govt,perhaps den I wud begin to watch Media chats
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by Aleliberty(m): 9:00am On Jun 25, 2012
Some ppl are so daft and brainwash..imagine someone has the chance of asking the incompetant president that will tell you what will be done next year not what has been done over last year like former osun state Gov (Oyinlola) and the MUMU was asking about YOUWIN...BFF (big fat fool)
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by bhajo(f): 9:06am On Jun 25, 2012
[quote author=bayooooooo]By SaharaReporters, New York
19:55 Electricity: "[b]When we were campaiging, we didn't know that BH will overtake the priorities of government," the president says.

[/b]

I think the president should be more diplomatic in his answers... even if he got no vision of his own when vying for the Presidency.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by lumeneng22: 9:08am On Jun 25, 2012
I believe in GEJ, lets pray for him and be patient wt him till 2013 as he rightly said. God bless Nigeria.
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by BlackBaron: 9:13am On Jun 25, 2012
President appears on TV with big puppy eyes and Nigerians are easily swayed and fooled.

Tis the same guy that promised heaven and earth to the electorate.

An issue as vital as asset declaration and his response is ...'don't give a damn'. If the President subverts the constitution, how much more a common man. This ain't a matter of 'to declare or not to declare', it is the principle.
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by Skoopy(m): 9:18am On Jun 25, 2012
The president's word:
All agencies of gov't including the president, vice president and ministers must keep faith in Nigeria to ''THE END'' , meaning he foresees an end to the political entity ''Nigeria''...too bad.
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by smoothlips(m): 9:21am On Jun 25, 2012
I listened to some of the interview;it was just a shame nothing insightful,no real prospects as regards security or job creation;corruption or even developmental policies.
the whole chat sounded like kitchen discussion!@ a point i tuned to super sports
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by BetaThings: 9:23am On Jun 25, 2012
lumeneng22: I believe in GEJ, lets pray for him and be patient wt him till 2013 as he rightly said. God bless Nigeria.
I have no problem with praying for him
But remember, he does not believe in that
He told Gov Dickson of his home state that he (GEJ) would stone him (Dickson) if he does not perform
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by smoothlips(m): 9:24am On Jun 25, 2012
lumeneng22: I believe in GEJ, lets pray for him and be patient wt him till 2013 as he rightly said. God bless Nigeria.
you must really be slow!
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by mbulela: 9:25am On Jun 25, 2012
What difference will asset declaration make sef?
It is not like any of these barbarians in power are living within their means.
You have elected MPs stealing 620million dollars in cash and calling it a trial from God.
Same guy is receiving well wishers in his house and you are people are talking about asset declaration.
I don't care whether he declares his assets or not. I am more worried by the fact that the guy is inept and has been promoted far above his ability.
With this man at the helm, we seem doomed.
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by BetaThings: 9:29am On Jun 25, 2012
Sealeddeal: Is the declaration of assets the only thing dat GEJ talked about yesterday? Why is every1 interested in it and what is the need for Public declaration of asset when constitution didnt stipulate that.what law mentioned was that a public officer should declare his assets to CCB from whom any interested body can obtain it.so public declaration of assest is not lawful.but,even if GEJ flouts the law,i dont think nigerians should be surprised because there is not a single nigeria that obey the law. On other issues presented by GEJ,he is right on point.i commend his govt for its strategy and carefulness.i am not equally saying dat people should not criticised the govt because not everybody will like everything.
If there is an aspect that you want to discuss, do so. People are free to discuss whichever aspect they want
It is not true that no Nigerian obeys the law. It is simply not true
By definition, if everyone is a criminal, there would be chaos
Just let all Nigerians disobey traffic lights or drive against the traffic on a one way road
The hospitals would be full
If GEJ flouts the law, what right would he have to say EFCC should go after anyone like he said yesterday
And he publicly swore to defend the constitution.
So his level of responsibility should be higher
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by ndidibabe(f): 9:30am On Jun 25, 2012
Mandelaguy: I missed some of the speech initially but with this I hve a better info. I love his response to the Brasilian trip. If he had cancelled it really, it would hve boosted the activities of those vampires. They will feel very funky with a sense of accomplishment. But thank God we hve an Educated Presido who is able to see beyond mere sentiments. Governance cannot be stooped because of Boko haram. and most importantly, the trip even yielded fruits in attracting foreign investments in power. Correct.
True!
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by AtheistD(m): 9:35am On Jun 25, 2012
mamiel: Can someone explain to me while this Boko Haram whose name is interpreted "Western Education is Evil" not yet bombed any University in the North which are the actual centres of western education( This whole thing is as clear as crystal. Since the northern politicians lost the presidency to GEJ the southerner, they now remembered the long aged clamour from their ardent moslem brothers who have been begging them for moral and financial support in their bid to "Islamize" Nigeria. GEJ a christian sitting on their head as president is very symbolic to them; it means a DISBELIEVER (who is suppose to be their slave) is now their king, and they can't accept this fact. A christian proverb says "can 2 walk together except they agree". Even the queen of England with whose seal the Nigerian project was stamped knows too well that the North and South of the Niger area of West Africa jokingly called Nigeria can never truly unite together as one. so there is no need for this self deceit to continue -that a moslem from Borno State should see a christian from Delta or Anambra State as his brother;they can at best be neighbors. this is because it is popular opinion the world over that next to blood relationship (as a standard to measuring brotherhood)comes religion. In fact a true christian and a true moslem born of the same mother are very convinced that they are not brothers, their blood tie not withstanding. please let us just break this country peacefully because their is no way this their islamic thing can reach the south.

I thought Obasanjo was xtian... he has been president on 2 occasions. I don't think it is really about xtianity. It is more to do withcthe type of person that he is.
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by kumbalo(m): 9:43am On Jun 25, 2012
the president has made some mistakes in his decision-making. Nonetheless, nigerrians should desist from destructively critisizing the president, the only thing he needs now is our support. Have u asked yourself this question-if you were the president, what would you do?
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by Nobody: 9:47am On Jun 25, 2012
engineerd:

CAN I PLEASE ASK YOU A HONEST QUESTION?? ARE U MALE OR FEMALE?? OR BOTH?? CAUSE IF U ARE A FEMALE....GOODLUCK TO THE MAN THAT MARRIES U.....YOU ARE STUBBORN TO THE EXTENT OF FOOLISHNESS AND THE SAD PART IS THAT YOU CAN'T SEE HOW FOOLISH YOU ARE...HENCE NO HOPE FOR YOU TO LEARN IN LIFE!!! YOU KNOW IT ALL. AND IF YOU ARE MALE, OMG....YOUR WIFE IS DOOMED!
You are the BIG FOOL here for mentioning the innocent Wife/Husband to be..Can u allow people toy with your wife here?..Attack him or her and leave his/her partner alone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Acting President Osinbajo Receives Nana Akufo-Addo, Ghanaian President / NDDC Interim Management Fails To Explain N143bn Budget Shortfall / Tax Super Rich To Save The Poor — Atiku Tells President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.