Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,913 members, 7,835,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. (19240 Views)

Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat / GEJ Media Chat On AIT, NTA: Live Updates / GEJ Media Chat Vs Euro 2012: Which Will You Watch? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by Kobojunkie: 10:33pm On Jun 25, 2012
df2006: It is such terms and conditions, Mr president yesterday, said the National Assembly should clarify, until then his assets declaration remains with the relevant bodies, and not to the public, and he doesn't give a damn what you think about it.

What in the world does the above mean please?

Did the President state yesterday that he did not declare his assets or not? Was he lying when he said that? Was he lying when he said that he was against it even in 2007? I mean do you want me to post what he said so you at least know where you are going?

What is it that the National Assembly needs to clarify? Clarify the statements in the Constitution that require he declare his assets before he is sworn-in? Or Clarify the statements in the Constitution that requires that the CCB make the declarations in it's possession available to all citizens of Nigeria who request it? Which one?
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by Michky: 10:38pm On Jun 25, 2012
Mandelaguy: where is this one coming from? You are the one who appears very lost on the issue at hand. If all you could do after reading thru this summary was to post " this one is lost" then there is a problem. Your mates have been reviewing the chat summary and picking out holes or salient points contained therein but you chose to review other people's post. Quite unfortunate. I hve been able to deduce 10 things from the Presidents chat as follows:
1. The sack of Azazi was effected in a bid to improve on the security networking
2. The president was still ontop of the security situation in the country from Brasil.
3. He did not cancel his Brasilian trip so as not to bolster the confidence of Boko Haram further.
4. He is working to attract foreign investors into the power sector and there arose the need to increas tariffs to encourage them to come in.
5. He said the new tariffs demands more from the rich and less from the poor.
6. He said that he made sure the YOUWIN scheme was accessible to youths without unnecessary connections. He also said that those who missed should wait for the next round
7. He said his govt is making fertilizer more accessible to farmers.
8. He says he is carrying out reforms in many sectors and those who want to crticise him can go ahead till the reforms start yielding dividends
9. He said the concession of Lagos-ibadan has legal issues to be resolved in court.
10. He said he' will not negotiate with faceless terrorist groups.
Oya, Mr. Lost. pls tell me what you heard in the Presidents chat. Over to you.
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jun 25, 2012
Wo! kobo, abi wetin demand call u? I don't have your time.
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by Kobojunkie: 10:39pm On Jun 25, 2012
df2006: Wo! kobo, abi wetin demand call u? I don't have your time.

I expected this response to follow given the last gobble-de-gook you posted up there.
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by jmaine: 10:43pm On Jun 25, 2012
df2006:

Source http://allafrica.com/stories/201202280678.html

Blind critics, please go to rest

Thumbs up bro for this shut up article . . . Hopefully the blind critics do this now =======>
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by Kobojunkie: 10:47pm On Jun 25, 2012
New Page . . . put the law on here too ooo

http://www.nigeria-law.org/ConstitutionOfTheFederalRepublicOfNigeria.htm#CodeOfConductBureau
1.[size=13pt] The Code of Conduct Bureau[/size] shall comprise the following members:
(a) a Chairman; and

(b) nine other members, each of whom, at the time of appointment, shall not be less than fifty years of age and subject to the provisions of section 157 of this Constitution shall vacate his office on attaining the age of seventy years.

2. The Bureau shall establish such offices in each state of the Federation as it may require for the discharge of its functions under this Constitution.

[size=13pt]3. The Bureau shall have power to:

(a) receive declarations by public officers made under paragraph 12 of Part I of the Fifth Schedule to this Constitution;

(b) examine the declarations in accordance with the requirements of the Code of Conduct or any law;

(c) retain custody of such declarations and make them available for inspection by any citizen of Nigeria on such terms and conditions as the National Assembly may prescribe;
[/size]

(d) ensure compliance with and, where appropriate, enforce the provisions of the Code of Conduct of any law relating thereto;

(e) receive complaints about non-compliance with or breach of the provisions of the Code of Conduct or any law in relation thereto, investigate the complaint and, where appropriate, refer such matters to the Code of Conduct Tribunal;

(f) appoint, promote, dismiss and exercise disciplinary control over the staff of the Codes of Conduct Bureau in accordance with the provisions of an Act of the National Assembly enacted in that behalf; and

(g) carry out such other functions as may be conferred upon it by the National Assembly.

The terms and conditions of service of the staff of the Code of Conduct Bureau shall be the same as those provided for public officers in the civil service of the Federation.

This is what the law says in Schedule 3,Section 3.

The information from the declarations will be made PUBLIC! That is what Jonathan is afraid of and hence why he refuses to declare his asset more than a year into the term.
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jun 25, 2012
df2006:

The Federal Government had in a circular dated January 29, 2012, from the office of the Attorney General and Minister of Justice, Mohammed Adoke, ordered ministries, agencies, departments and all other public institutions to start implementing the FOI Act. But the bureau argued that it needs the National Assembly "to spell out the conditions and terms" upon which it would reveal such information requested by the newspaper

[b]
"It is the considered opinion of the Bureau that the provision of paragraph 3(c) of Part 1 of the Third Schedule to the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria has precluded the Bureau the liberty to oblige you what you have requested. The provision states thus: 'The Bureau shall have power to retain custody of Assets Declarations and make them available for inspection by any citizen of Nigeria on such terms and conditions as the National Assembly may prescribe.'"

It added that, "it is the contention of the bureau that: (a) The Constitution is Supreme Law of the land. Its provisions, therefore, take precedence over any other Act, Law or Regulation.

"(b) The provisions of the Freedom of Information Act could not substitute the constitutional requirements of the National Assembly to prescribe the terms and conditions under which Assets Declarations could be released.

"(c) The National Assembly, as of date, did not provide the Bureau, as custodian of Asset Declarations, those terms and conditions under which we could release the information to the public.

"In the circumstances, therefore, until the National Assembly prescribes such terms and conditions, the Code of Conduct Bureau would find it impossible to grant your request," CCB said.
[/b]

So until the National Assembly lays down the terms and conditions, Jonathan's declaration is not going public, and he doesn't give a damn whether you shout yourself hoarse!
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by Kobojunkie: 10:59pm On Jun 25, 2012
df2006:

So until the National Assembly lays down the terms and conditions, Jonathan's declaration is not going public, and he doesn't give a damn whether you shout yourself hoarse!

So You are saying that Jonathan Goodluck LIED yesterday then when he said he would not declare his assets?

You just said Jonathan Goodluck LIED yesterday when he said declaring his asset is against his principle, as, from what you are suggesting, he went against those "Principles" he professed yesterday because he already declared his assets already? undecided undecided undecided
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by rhymz(m): 11:13pm On Jun 25, 2012
jmaine:

Thumbs up bro for this shut up article . . . Hopefully the blind critics do this now =======>
hahahahahahah....knowing how she likes to have the last word even when she sounds incredibly stooopid and dumb....free her jor...lol
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by Dotman01(m): 11:23pm On Jun 25, 2012
If dis is how democracy is all about, i
honestly prefer milliitary rule .at list i
know i have no right!!
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jun 25, 2012
rhymz: hahahahahahah....knowing how she likes to have the last word even when she sounds incredibly stooopid and dumb....free her jor...lol

Me I don't have her/his time, I have ignored[b] it[/b] since.
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by Kobojunkie: 11:30pm On Jun 25, 2012
Again . .
df2006:

So You are saying that Jonathan Goodluck LIED yesterday then when he said he would not declare his assets?

You just said Jonathan Goodluck LIED yesterday when he said declaring his asset is against his principle, as, from what you are suggesting, he went against those "Principles" he professed yesterday because he already declared his assets already? undecided undecided undecided
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by ayobase(m): 11:34pm On Jun 25, 2012
texazzpete:

Believe it or not, we expect the President to multi-task even during this Boko Haram menace. Money has been allocated to all sectors in the last budget passed. I do not expect GEJ to use Boko Haram as an excuse for underperformance and failure to keep his pre-election campaign. Nobody will castigate the President for declaring his asset now and you know this. Why spread FUD?

We want to know what our leaders and public servants go in with...so we can benchmark when they come out and have a rough idea how much they've enriched themselves with our state funds.

For example a few years ago Tompolo was a millitant leader with no visible legal source of income. Now he's able to make payments of $150 million to secure a ludicrously cheap Waterways security contract. How did that happen?
Only in Nigeria.

I once stated.
Im against GEJ not declaring his assets.
If he is not, let the proper office handle his case....its a criminal offence so break the law!
Pls, read me comprehensively...left for me, I dont give a damn if he declares or not....let peace reign in Nigeria!
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by ayobase(m): 11:42pm On Jun 25, 2012
mbulela:
I am not saying that he should not declare his assets, i am just pointing out that there are more important issues and whether he declares or not, the bazaar continues.
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by Kobojunkie: 11:46pm On Jun 25, 2012
mbulela: What difference will asset declaration make sef?
It is not like any of these barbarians in power are living within their means.
You have elected MPs stealing 620million dollars in cash and calling it a trial from God.
Same guy is receiving well wishers in his house and you are people are talking about asset declaration.
I don't care whether he declares his assets or not. I am more worried by the fact that the guy is inept and has been promoted far above his ability.
With this man at the helm, we seem doomed.

Asset Declaration gives the people the power to contest or question abnormalities that may surface during the term. If a politician declares he is worth 300 million, for instance, and the CCB 'investigates' and 'confirms' it, the people can on taking that info, do their own investigation to further validate/invalidate claims made.

Also it is a start in holding those in power accountable.
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by Nobody: 12:16am On Jun 26, 2012
Mandelaguy: In all sincerity, I have come to the conclusion that you will neve see anything good in the man. Some of us have seen through you,and we know messengers like you who abound in churches and mosques,whose trade in stock is to multiply lies,misquote people and spread discord,but you will never succeed. Like someone told you earlier,gloves are off,and people will punch out the truth from your mouth. All of us heard wha he said on asset declaration,not the way you are putting it to people. Wake up junkie.
She is right,..The president used the phrase'i dont give a damn''Watch STV news to cofirm.
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by ayobase(m): 6:31am On Jun 26, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Disproved? Are you having comprehension problems? I asked you if the President lied to the Nation yesterday when he declare the truth which is that he has not declared his asset and does not want to go against his principles? sad sad sad

Letter from CCB? [size=14pt]Of course CCB is not bound by FOI but by the Constitution. The Constitution requires that the CCB give the information to every Nigerian Citizen, not FOI. And I already posted it up there for you to read. [/size]

If the President declared yesterday that he did not believe in Asset Declaration, and even said he did not grudgingly in 2007, are you saying the President lied on June 24th 2012 when you suggest that he has in fact declared his asset?

Can u sourcely tell me the worth of other Presidents...especially Obama!
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by gopiebriks: 12:41pm On Jun 26, 2012
how can social media on chat
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by Kobojunkie: 2:21pm On Jun 26, 2012
ayobase:

Can u sourcely tell me the worth of other Presidents...especially Obama!

Your hand break and you no fit google?

Obama's worth is no secret and even the worth of his house here in Chicago, is again, no secret.

But then in case you come back with LIES that you cannot find a public account of it. Here.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/may/15/news/la-pn-obama-financial-disclosure-20120515

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/16/obama-assets-wealth-value_n_1520591.html

Obama's Financial Asset revealed according to financial disclosure forms for 2011 made public by the White House.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2012/05/16/us/politics/16disclosure-doc.html <- download here

Here are some of the financial disclosure forms for some of the senators available for download on the following link

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/specialreports/congress-disclosures/index.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Federal High Court Fixes Sept. 30 To Hear Saraki’s Case / Weapons Found In My Home Meant For NSA Office — Dasuki / Stop These Killings Now Or Resign - Timi Frank Tells Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.