Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. (19239 Views)

Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat / GEJ Media Chat On AIT, NTA: Live Updates / GEJ Media Chat Vs Euro 2012: Which Will You Watch? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by Nobody: 2:21am On Jun 25, 2012
dedeike: I wonder where these ones are coming out with a disjointed info on the president's response to the issue of assets declaration. I watched the program live. I sacrificed the better part of the England v Italy match to watch it. On Assets declaration, the question was clear. Mr, President, why didnt you declare your assets publicly? He responded by saying that he does not like public declaration of assets and that he expressed this reservation as much to the late YarAdua. Even the above summary reiterated this fact that Gej said to YarAdua, " we should not play into the hands of people by OPENLY declaring our assets." it is open declaration of Assets that is the issue not declaration of assets. That is why he went further to say that the one he declared as VP publicly was not even long before he became acting president. He finally said that he can even come out and make it public tomorrow but that's not the issue. That how will such public declaration tackle some of the challenges we are facing at the moment. It must be put on record that the constitution only provides for a declaration of assets with the code of conduct Beaurea not open declaration at CNN or AL JAZEERA. That's why the President says open declaration of assets is a matter of choice. Any body who is seriously desirous to know the Presidents assets should approach the CCB and with the new FOI Act passed by GEJ, you have no limitations to such info.

Thanks for the enlightenment. I keep telling some IM BECILES on Nairaland not to be carried away with delivery but content. Though in all honesty, not everything the President said today made sense, but its allowed....public speaking is not easy.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by Mekusnwa: 2:24am On Jun 25, 2012
dedeike: I wonder where these ones are coming out with a disjointed info on the president's response to the issue of assets declaration. I watched the program live. I sacrificed the better part of the England v Italy match to watch it. On Assets declaration, the question was clear. Mr, President, why didnt you declare your assets publicly? He responded by saying that he does not like public declaration of assets and that he expressed this reservation as much to the late YarAdua. Even the above summary reiterated this fact that Gej said to YarAdua, " we should not play into the hands of people by OPENLY declaring our assets." it is open declaration of Assets that is the issue not declaration of assets. That is why he went further to say that the one he declared as VP publicly was not even long before he became acting president. He finally said that he can even come out and make it public tomorrow but that's not the issue. That how will such public declaration tackle some of the challenges we are facing at the moment. It must be put on record that the constitution only provides for a declaration of assets with the code of conduct Beaurea not open declaration at CNN or AL JAZEERA. That's why the President says open declaration of assets is a matter of choice. Any body who is seriously desirous to know the Presidents assets should approach the CCB and with the new FOI Act passed by GEJ, you have no limitations to such info.
Don't mind them. Who knows? They might all be agents of Boko haram seeking to know where the assets of the President so that it will be attacked. NO WAY. : grin grin. Una don jam Akpako. PHD NO BE BEANS
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by Kobojunkie: 2:31am On Jun 25, 2012
[size=13pt]Asked why he had not declared his assets, Mr. Jonathan replied in an impatient tone, stating “I don’t give a damn” about declaration of assets. He related that he had gone to the late President Umaru Yar’Adua to caution “that we should not play to the hands of some people [by openly declaring their assets].” Mr. Jonathan added, “That is a matter of principle and I am not going to declare. It is not the president declaring his asset that will end Boko Haram.”[/size]

Someone on another thread is already telling me I did not hear what I heard. The President said he did not believe in declaring assets, yet there are those who would like for us to believe he never said what we heard. Essentially he said the law should go to hell!

1 Like

Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by Nobody: 2:44am On Jun 25, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Someone on another thread is already telling me I did not hear what I heard. The President said he did not believe in declaring assets, yet there are those who would like for us to believe he never said what we heard. Essentially he said the law should go to hell!

CAN I PLEASE ASK YOU A HONEST QUESTION?? ARE U MALE OR FEMALE?? OR BOTH?? CAUSE IF U ARE A FEMALE....GOODLUCK TO THE MAN THAT MARRIES U.....YOU ARE STUBBORN TO THE EXTENT OF FOOLISHNESS AND THE SAD PART IS THAT YOU CAN'T SEE HOW FOOLISH YOU ARE...HENCE NO HOPE FOR YOU TO LEARN IN LIFE!!! YOU KNOW IT ALL. AND IF YOU ARE MALE, OMG....YOUR WIFE IS DOOMED!
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by Mutee: 2:46am On Jun 25, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I heard it loud and clear.Exactly telling Nigerians he's bigger than the law of the land.
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by Nobody: 2:53am On Jun 25, 2012
Mutee:

I heard it loud and clear.Exactly telling Nigerians he's bigger than the law of the land.

DO YOU KNOW ENGLISH IS NOT OUR FIRST LANGUAGE? THERE IS SOMETHING CALLED MIS-SPEAKING!!!!! NO PRESIDENT IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD INTENTIONALLY DECLARE HIS INTENT TO VIOLATE A "LAW OF THE LAND". I CAN CRITICIZE GEJ FROM MORNING TILL NIGHT BUT ONE THING I FIND VERY IMPRESSIVE ABOUT THIS PRESIDENT IS HIS TRANSPARENCY.....SECOND TO NONE.....THAT'S THE ONLY REASON NIGERIAN'S HAVE THE LIBERTY TO EVEN BE ABLE TO CRITICIZE HIM!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by Mandelaguy(m): 2:59am On Jun 25, 2012
lacasa:

This one is lost undecided
where is this one coming from? You are the one who appears very lost on the issue at hand. If all you could do after reading thru this summary was to post " this one is lost" then there is a problem. Your mates have been reviewing the chat summary and picking out holes or salient points contained therein but you chose to review other people's post. Quite unfortunate. I hve been able to deduce 10 things from the Presidents chat as follows:
1. The sack of Azazi was effected in a bid to improve on the security networking
2. The president was still ontop of the security situation in the country from Brasil.
3. He did not cancel his Brasilian trip so as not to bolster the confidence of Boko Haram further.
4. He is working to attract foreign investors into the power sector and there arose the need to increas tariffs to encourage them to come in.
5. He said the new tariffs demands more from the rich and less from the poor.
6. He said that he made sure the YOUWIN scheme was accessible to youths without unnecessary connections. He also said that those who missed should wait for the next round
7. He said his govt is making fertilizer more accessible to farmers.
8. He says he is carrying out reforms in many sectors and those who want to crticise him can go ahead till the reforms start yielding dividends
9. He said the concession of Lagos-ibadan has legal issues to be resolved in court.
10. He said he' will not negotiate with faceless terrorist groups.
Oya, Mr. Lost. pls tell me what you heard in the Presidents chat. Over to you.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by ibrahym47(m): 3:05am On Jun 25, 2012
But pdp=bokohwam, hw dare jona pinch his own maker?....haters u r free 2 critize plz
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by Johndoe100(m): 3:08am On Jun 25, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Sorry Ma'am I am under ORDERS to convey you back to the Sanitarium, it appears the treatment was not effective. If you must quote GEJ at least do so correctly.

Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by Nobody: 3:11am On Jun 25, 2012
ibrahym47: But pdp=bokohwam, hw dare jona pinch his own maker?....haters u r free 2 critize plz
sentiments = childish
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by dedeike: 3:15am On Jun 25, 2012
Mutee:

Two things would hve happened. It's either you watched from the back of your Tv or your Tv has an inbuilt converter that distorts what people say on air. At no time did Gej ever mention " bigger" talkless of "than the law" I marvel at the courage with which you guys accuse the President of saying what he can't even imagine. SMH.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by Kobojunkie: 3:16am On Jun 25, 2012
Mutee:

It is on record, and will be on Youtube for the world to see and hear for themselves soon. Yet we see people here denying it to their fellow Nigerians thinking that by doing so, they somehow win some medal here or in heaven . . . I don't get it. ROFLMAO!!

[size=13pt]Asked why he had not declared his assets, Mr. Jonathan replied in an impatient tone, stating “I don’t give a damn” about declaration of assets. He related that he had gone to the late President Umaru Yar’Adua to caution “that we should not play to the hands of some people [by openly declaring their assets].” Mr. Jonathan added, “That is a matter of principle and I am not going to declare. It is not the president declaring his asset that will end Boko Haram.”[/size]

And here you have a media house corroborating the statement we all heard clearly. Yet they are still denying it. Imagine the likeness!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by Nobody: 3:22am On Jun 25, 2012
Kobojunkie:

It is on record, and will be on Youtube for the world to see and hear for themselves soon. Yet we see people here denying it to their fellow Nigerians thinking that by doing so, they somehow win some medal here or in heaven . . . I don't get it. ROFLMAO!!

And here you have a media house corroborating the statement we all heard clearly. Yet they are still denying it. Imagine the likeness!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

Ok...all sentiments aside, can we give him the benefit of the doubt and actually say he "mis-spoke"? A little common sense and wisdom will show this to be the case!! And yes i still think you lack both!
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by Kobojunkie: 3:25am On Jun 25, 2012
engineerd:
Ok...all sentiments aside, can we give him the benefit of the doubt and actually say he "mis-spoke"? A little common sense and wisdom will show this to be the case!! And yes i still think you lack both!

I don't reason down at your level so if you have not figured it out by now here goes . . . shush off! angry
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by Kobojunkie: 3:26am On Jun 25, 2012
As I said earlier . . .
Mutee:

1 Like

Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by Nobody: 3:39am On Jun 25, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I don't reason down at your level so if you have not figured it out by now here goes . . . shush off! angry

I hope not..cause that would have required 10 years of knowing you are stupid...which obviously you are incapable of doing!!! You lack wisdom...very plain to see and you are a perfect example of someone who is so smart to the extent of foolishness...think about it!!! You think you reason, but you don't...ur mind is programmed and not capable of considering variables....which is the truly intelligent attribute!!
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by Nobody: 3:48am On Jun 25, 2012
Kobojunkie:

haaaaaa....i have to do this...let me reason at your level......I think you are the biggest and deepest CU NT on nairaland....now wallow in that.....OLORIBURUKU ASHEWO....yeah...my Nigerian Yoruba father taught me that!!!!
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by Johndoe100(m): 3:48am On Jun 25, 2012
Our dear Kobo is well known for her reasoning

engineerd:

I hope not..cause that would have required 10 years of knowing you are stupid...which obviously you are incapable of doing!!! You lack wisdom...very plain to see and you are a perfect example of someone who is so smart to the extent of foolishness...think about it!!! You think you reason, but you don't...ur mind is programmed and not capable of considering variables....which is the truly intelligent attribute!!

Well Kobo, as you can't even quote our president correctly you can go take a running dive. Internet Nigerians don't matter at the end of the day. If you want you can stop sending money to your relatives again until they promise not to vote GEJ like you did before the last election. You will still be just a pathetic loony.

Kobojunkie: As I said earlier . . .

Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by Ikenna94: 4:10am On Jun 25, 2012
Mandelaguy: I missed some of the speech initially but with this I hve a better info. I love his response to the Brasilian trip. If he had cancelled it really, it would hve boosted the activities of those vampires. They will feel very funky with a sense of accomplishment. But thank God we hve an Educated Presido who is able to see beyond mere sentiments. Governance cannot be stooped because of Boko haram. and most importantly, the trip even yielded fruits in attracting foreign investments in power. Correct.
powerfull,wonderful,in fact our president needs a toast,what a way to deceive one's country, can imagine george Bush leaving american for an earth summit while The Pentagon was on Fire in 2001?pls GEJ we are no fools,if u are really patriotic den Go and visit Damaturu with ur children and prove that Nigeria is not at war
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by onyengbu: 4:14am On Jun 25, 2012
Kobojunkie: As I said earlier . . .

When the youtube version comes, it will still show what you posted and the thing is, you are not even getting it! You are d[i]am[/i]n grin sooo bleeped!

You Posted this:
Asked why he had not declared his assets, Mr. Jonathan replied in an impatient tone, stating “I don’t give a damn” about declaration of assets. He related that he had gone to the late President Umaru Yar’Adua to caution “that we should not play to the hands of some people [by openly declaring their assets].” Mr. Jonathan added, “That is a matter of principle and I am not going to declare. It is not the president declaring his asset that will end Boko Haram.”
How can you then not see the OPENLY DECLARING part? How ehh?

Are you that da[i]mn[/i] lazy?

Fact is you guys have concluded your president is not smart but he has consistently proved you guys wrong; not even counting the part that HE is the president while YOU are the assylum seeker in US! grin grin grin

Now whos smart?
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by onyengbu: 4:17am On Jun 25, 2012
Ikenna94: powerfull,wonderful,in fact our president needs a toast,what a way to deceive one's country, can imagine george Bush leaving american for an earth summit while The Pentagon was on Fire in 2001?pls GEJ we are no fools,if u are really patriotic den Go and visit Damaturu with ur children and prove that Nigeria is not at war
Pentagon?! shocked shocked shocked
Abeg remind me again, Which is Nigerias equivalent of Pentagon? Kaduna, Kano or Yobe?
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by Nobody: 4:19am On Jun 25, 2012
Well Kobo, as you can't even quote our president correctly you can go take a running dive. Internet Nigerians don't matter at the end of the day. If you want you can stop sending money to your relatives again until they promise not to vote GEJ like you did before the last election. You will still be just a pathetic loony.

[/quote]

haaaaaa....you want her parents to eat GEJ cassave bread forever? I hate Nigerian's that criticize for the sake of it to make themselves feel better. Her black ass is somewhere in the US and talking shi *T for the sake of it!!!!! WTF does she have to offer besides her criticism Can she grow the balls to go back home and truly be a patriotic Nigerian and make a change Can she Its not beans abi? Nigeria does not need ideas, we have a plethora of em' already, what Nigeria needs are foot soldiers to make the change! So KOBOJUNKIE, until you start expressing your opinions here on Nairaland in a non-biased and "better than though" way, you have found in me a counter puncher....and my gloves are off....to think of it...i probably won't have the time...but heck...it's the Naija in me talking!!!
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by Kobojunkie: 4:22am On Jun 25, 2012
onye_ngbu*:

When the youtube version comes, it will still show what you posted and the thing is, you are not even getting it! You are d[i]am[/i]n grin sooo bleeped!
You Posted this:
How can you then not see the OPENLY DECLARING part? How ehh?
Are you that da[i]mn[/i] lazy?
Fact is you guys have concluded your president is not smart but he has consistently proved you guys wrong; not even counting the part that HE is the president while YOU are the assylum seeker in US! grin grin grin
Now whos smart?

This is why I avoid morons like you. USE YOUR FREAKING BRAIN. What does the law say?

The man went on National TV and announced the reason why he has not declared his asset, and desperate morons like you with no shame are here shoveling for excuses for why the nation should ignore what amounts to a blatant disregard for the law of the land.

Even if Jonathan decides tomorrow to declare his asset in secret--submit the document with all the doors and windows at CCB locked during his visit there--- once that information has been turned over to CCB, CCB is mandated by law to allow ANY NIGERIAN CITIZEN to see that information.. Essentially that information is public . . . it is not his secret to keep so long as he is elected into office.

If he wants to declare it in secret, great for him to dream that dream BUT-- HE HAS NO SUCH LUXURY. NO matter how secret he tries to make it, Paragraph 3 -3b says that the information will still get to the public -- anyone can request it still.

USE YOUR BRAIN . . .I don't want to believe your mothers went through labor pain only so they can add to the population of idiots on this planet,worse in Nigeria? OPEN YOUR EYES . . USE YOUR BRAIN . . LEARN WHAT YOUR LAW SAYS.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by zerocool(m): 4:33am On Jun 25, 2012
Why the heck does he not want to openly declare his assets? undecided Seriously, he has no EXCUSE!
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by Kobojunkie: 4:40am On Jun 25, 2012
http://www.nigeria-law.org/ConstitutionOfTheFederalRepublicOfNigeria.htm#CodeOfConductBureau
1.[size=13pt] The Code of Conduct Bureau[/size] shall comprise the following members:
(a) a Chairman; and

(b) nine other members, each of whom, at the time of appointment, shall not be less than fifty years of age and subject to the provisions of section 157 of this Constitution shall vacate his office on attaining the age of seventy years.

2. The Bureau shall establish such offices in each state of the Federation as it may require for the discharge of its functions under this Constitution.

[size=13pt]3. The Bureau shall have power to:

(a) receive declarations by public officers made under paragraph 12 of Part I of the Fifth Schedule to this Constitution;

(b) examine the declarations in accordance with the requirements of the Code of Conduct or any law;

(c) retain custody of such declarations and make them available for inspection by any citizen of Nigeria on such terms and conditions as the National Assembly may prescribe;
[/size]

(d) ensure compliance with and, where appropriate, enforce the provisions of the Code of Conduct of any law relating thereto;

(e) receive complaints about non-compliance with or breach of the provisions of the Code of Conduct or any law in relation thereto, investigate the complaint and, where appropriate, refer such matters to the Code of Conduct Tribunal;

(f) appoint, promote, dismiss and exercise disciplinary control over the staff of the Codes of Conduct Bureau in accordance with the provisions of an Act of the National Assembly enacted in that behalf; and

(g) carry out such other functions as may be conferred upon it by the National Assembly.

The terms and conditions of service of the staff of the Code of Conduct Bureau shall be the same as those provided for public officers in the civil service of the Federation.

This is what the law says in Paragraph 3. The information from the declarations will be made PUBLIC! That is what Jonathan is afraid of and hence why he refuses to declare his asset more than a year into the term.

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by onyengbu: 4:50am On Jun 25, 2012
Kobojunkie: http://www.nigeria-law.org/ConstitutionOfTheFederalRepublicOfNigeria.htm#CodeOfConductBureau

This is what the law says in Paragraph 3. The information from the declarations will be made PUBLIC! That is what Jonathan is afraid of and hence why he refuses to declare his asset more than a year into the term.
What has any of that got to do with you running all over nairaland misquoting the man.
Do you in anyway think you are educating anyone here?
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by Kobojunkie: 4:55am On Jun 25, 2012
onye_ngbu*:

What has any of that got to do with you running all over nairaland misquoting the man.

Once again you have proved my point about the level of intelligence pne should continue to expect from folks like you.

a) I watched the man admit he did not declare his asset and even declared that he was against it when Yar adua suggested they follow the law back in 2007.

b) Other people have corroborated my account of what he said. Even a NewsPaper has transcribed part of the speech for everyone to read.

c) CCB has not been able to release any declaration for the president because it does not have one for him

d) The video may soon be available on Youtube for all the world to see.

yet here you are denying what exactLY?

It is up to you to decide if the law is good for you to follow or if Chaos remains your lot at the end. Goodluck to you !

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by Nobody: 5:01am On Jun 25, 2012
onye_ngbu*:

Well, though its hard for me to say, she actually has a point. I originally was attacking from a different point of view of "OPEN" declaration, because i didn't think it was required by law!! If we are to go by the books, which we should, GEJ has no excuse!!! I yes i missed the declaration part of his speech....I just feel this adds no value to Nigeria's complex problem at the moment...its a case of putting the cart before the horse...But rules are rules!!

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by Nobody: 5:03am On Jun 25, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Once again you have proved my point about the level of intelligence pne should continue to expect from folks like you.

a) I watched the man admit he did not declare his asset and even declared that he was against it when Yar adua suggested they follow the law back in 2007.

b) Other people have corroborated my account of what he said. Even a NewsPaper has transcribed part of the speech for everyone to read.

c) CCB has not been able to release any declaration for the president because it does not have one for him

d) The video may soon be available on Youtube for all the world to see.

yet here you are denying what exactLY?

It is up to you to decide if the law is good for you to follow or if Chaos remains your lot at the end. Goodluck to you !

Are you not Nigerian? What Nerve!!!! It's clear you just criticize for the sake of it!!!!! Its a free world!!!
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by MissEZ(f): 5:09am On Jun 25, 2012
sometimes when i read the comments on nairaland, i dont know whether to be angry at the dysfunctional government we have in place, or the minds and attitude of the people that continue to celebrate mediocrity. I am sure GEJ is a nice guy, but the truth he is not doing a good job of ruling this country. People are dying daily and he is here telling us story. The country is at one of the worst state it has ever been in, and all we are hearing is stories with no defined plans as to how to make things better. No goal is ever achieved without a plan.

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by Kobojunkie: 5:14am On Jun 25, 2012
ChannelsTV is running re-runs of the Video and again they have mentioned his refusal to declare his assets. ROFLMAO!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: GEJ Media Chat- Summary In Print. by godello: 5:24am On Jun 25, 2012
Jona responded maturedly. I was impressed by his response to negociating with BOKOHARAM. How ever name change before sending to NASS, is puting the horse before the cart.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Uduaghan Commissions New Modern Hospital In Delta State / Herdsmen Attacked My Farm, Suspended CJN Walter Onnoghen Tells Police / Oil Records Second Monthly Drop, Unsold Cargoes Increase

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.