Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,522 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

hh - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / hh (2325 Views)

hh / hh / hh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

hh by okoomoge2(m): 7:33am On Nov 29, 2007
hhh
Re: hh by yimiton(f): 7:51am On Nov 29, 2007
What on earth are you talking about?!

Are you talking about the same lady who gets to work as early as 7am and leaves the office as late as 7pm?
are you talking about the same lady who earns more or less that some other guys in her compnay?
are you talking about the same lady who fuels her car and pays her rent?
are you talking about the same lady who battles hold-up in Lagos and endures bus conductors insults now and again?
Or the lady who sells pepper along the road and packs up and runs for shelter when it's raining or when tax force comes calling?
are you talking about the same lady that . . . .

Look the list is endless and you're totally annoying!

But wait a minute, even if a lady decides to be dependent, what right do you have to complain? isn't it natural that the man sweats it out and provides for the home and woman and the woman is submissive and suffers in Labour? wasn't that what the holy book said?
Isn't that one of the things that makes him a man? or does manhood mean poping out children without catering for mom and other members of the family?

This is why i get angry when men say wome are always looking for 'already made men' when they won't want to have anything to do with non-working ladies!
Re: hh by iice(f): 7:54am On Nov 29, 2007
yimiton lol, i tire sef
Re: hh by yimiton(f): 7:57am On Nov 29, 2007
iice,
good to see you.
I hate bad language but that guy almost got me to use one!
Re: hh by iice(f): 8:26am On Nov 29, 2007
Ahhhh na so e be my sister ooo. . .
It's bound to happen once in a while.

I wonder. . .what about kept men? undecided
Re: hh by sylvex(f): 9:22am On Nov 29, 2007
oko-omoge:

It really suprises me the way most of our Nigeria ladies behave like pest compared to their counterparts in the western world.
I must confuse Nigeria babes should learn to be more independent, been independent would earn them more respect and make Nigeria guys value them the more.
An average Nigeria lady would want you to pick up all bills.
personally I donot dig ladies that donot have self respect.[color=#990000][/color]

Hey, at gave u the guts to call Nigeria babes pests & wat makes u think they are not independent. For crying out loud, dont u see babes who make ends meet, babes who rule the banking world, babes who dont need a man to settle their bills or even buy them a car. Gosh, u are a disappointment to the men folks for uttering such trash cos u knowwell WE ARE INDEPENDANT, WE DONT TAKE TRASH and neither do we SCREW GUYS WHO DONT HAVE RESPECT FOR THE BABES FOLKS LIKE U 'kia!!! u don vex me'
Re: hh by ThoniaSlim(f): 10:38am On Nov 29, 2007
@poster

wait a minute. is it not this same independent babes you guys are scared of marrying. if a woman has money and fends for herself you guys would complain she has too much money and your egos wont allow you be.

if she does not have money nko, she's disturbing too much or a pest. tell me what do you guys really want. na wa ohhhhhh angry angry angry

if you did not look well, start looking now, time has changed. or except you keep meeting the wrong ladies.

come out of the 18th century mentality. we are in the 21st century and gone are the housewife days, when Nigerian women just sit down and look.

if you did not know, know now. most Nigerian ladies are enterprising and independent ladies. there is no sector, you do not find independent ladies who work and fend for themselves and do not need guys like you to pick up their bills.

so, if you have nothing important to say, don't start a silly thread that has no sense in it.

****hisssessssssssssssssss****** angry
Re: hh by zignor(m): 11:50am On Nov 29, 2007
wait a minute. is it not this same independent babes you guys are scared of marrying. if a woman has money and fends for herself you guys would complain she has too much money and your egos wont allow you be

Quite agree with you cheesy grin grin

@poster . . .Do your research very well undecided
Re: hh by okoomoge2(m): 3:38pm On Nov 29, 2007
hmmm, i like this Babes are now voicing out.
You all got me wrong ladies, when I mean independent it goes beyond what you think, Ladies in the house who grew up in the western world would understand what I meant.
I know we have some real good babes in the town but whatz the general mentality of our Nigeria babes, let look at it from that perspective.
There are cases where I hang out with my female friends after close of work and hear how they bitterly complain about this issue.
It hurts them so badly when they see their female folks messing up.
Re: hh by omoge(f): 3:47pm On Nov 29, 2007
And i don't understand what you mean

oko-omoge:

You all got me wrong ladies, when I mean independent it goes beyond what you think, [b]Ladies in the house who grew up in the western world would understand what I meant.[/b]I know we have some real good babes in the town but whatz the general mentality of our Nigeria babes, let look at it from that perspective.
There are cases where I hang out with my female friends after close of work and hear how they bitterly complain about this issue.

the most hardest working pple are Nig ladies and women i'm sure.
wake up and go to the road side and see mama ade frying Akara. go to the bukas same thing. i'm sure their daughters are watching what mama is doing.
Re: hh by almondjoy(f): 4:03pm On Nov 29, 2007
oko-omoge:

You all got me wrong ladies, when I mean independent it goes beyond what you think, [b]Ladies in the house who grew up in the western world would understand what I meant.[/b]I know we have some real good babes in the town but whatz the general mentality of our Nigeria babes, let look at it from that perspective.

I understand what you mean. 

Simple, it is because of our cultural, religious and socio-economic environment combined.  Does not allow women to be independent!

@poster
We know we have all these problems.  What do you suggest can be done to remedy this, you being so concerned?  Please help us!
Re: hh by cybersleek(m): 4:15pm On Nov 29, 2007
Now i think you are all being a bit too hard on oko omoge, i think i can understand what he is trying to say, not to sound condescending on naija babes, there are some pestilent ones as well as pestilent guys, but i think there are a lot of decent hard working girls who wouldn't depend on a guy for anything, but on the other hand, there are those who carry the mentality that a man must be milked for all he is worth, such ladies give naija women a bad name. I live in England, and i know a lot of guys, even naija guys avoid nigerian ladies for the simple fact that they kind of have a very high taste, one which they are not ready to cater to from their own pockets. Its ok if a guy who knows what a chic is worth goes out of his way to do it all a la carte, but it shouldn't be the basis for a relationship, Nonetheless, it depends on the kind of woman you get involved with, which you have the choice of pandering to, or kicking to the kerb, like the americans would say.
Re: hh by yimiton(f): 4:21pm On Nov 29, 2007
cybersleek & oko-omoge,
No matter how beautifully you guys try to paint what Oko-omoge was saying, he has insulted us and we are vexed!

Did you read the original post? He said, and I quote
most of our Nigeria ladies behave like pest compared to their counterparts in the western world
Did you notice the word MOST? and the annoying comparison?
Ladies, that guy should be trashed!
Re: hh by uchetobi(f): 4:34pm On Nov 29, 2007
Who says ladies aint independent Well I can speak for myself am a fiercely independent woman, my approach 2 dis bill issue (for someone am not dating) is if u invite me out, pick up the bills, if u cant then I expect u 2 have told me in advance, so if u say nothing, I aint contributing half, but if I invite u out, like it was my idea or my event il hv ur back, all ur expenses will be on me. For my bf anyone can pick the bill, it doesn’t matter, if he doesn’t hv money ii know, if I don’t also he knws so hanging out and bills aint his responsibility. But ladies never go out without “vex money” never be stranded
Re: hh by uchetobi(f): 4:36pm On Nov 29, 2007
And I definitely depend on no man to buy me clothes, accessories, recharge card, lunch, dinner, breakfast, or anything of dat nature
Re: hh by rockiedink(m): 4:47pm On Nov 29, 2007
ladies on rampage, but like zignor said, poster, you need to carry out more research. i think our ladies are rather quite independent on the contrary. smiley
Re: hh by iice(f): 4:57pm On Nov 29, 2007
Firing squad!. . .kasala don burst
Re: hh by cybersleek(m): 5:03pm On Nov 29, 2007
I apologise on behalf of oko omoge, it was the printers devil, personally, i pick up the bill when im with my female friends, itsthe ways of a gentleman, and when i love someone, i just cant help doing things for them, for even the good book says" it is more blessed to give than to receive" so i guess that sums it all up in a nut shell, so i believe oko omoge was not trying to belittle the honorable ladies in the house. Yimiton i hope we are still all cool abi?
Re: hh by yimiton(f): 5:10pm On Nov 29, 2007
uchetobi
Did you say Vex Money? I love that, I never ever miss it!
Re: hh by Pepeye(f): 5:14pm On Nov 29, 2007
Are you talking about the same lady who gets to work as early as 7am and leaves the office as late as 7pm?
are you talking about the same lady who earns more or less that some other guys in her compnay?
are you talking about the same lady who fuels her car and pays her rent?
are you talking about the same lady who battles hold-up in Lagos and endures bus conductors insults now and again?
Or the lady who sells pepper along the road and packs up and runs for shelter when it's raining or when tax force comes calling?
are you talking about the same lady that . . . .

Couldn’t have said it better myself, wait a minute, in nairaland why are women always labeled as halfwit by our brothers or they re busy making derogatory remarks one after the other? Is it that they allow old prejudice to cloud their judgment whenever they want to refer to women, methinks most of them are not female gender friendly
Re: hh by Joey82(m): 5:25pm On Nov 29, 2007
ladies, no matter how insulted u might feel, i bet u some ladies out there are pests as @poster said. With due respect to the honorable and independent ones, i stiil believe and i hope u also know that some girls at times live solely on men and are never ready to struggle.

the poster must have been saying it outta esperience, pls dont crucify him, he might not really b far 4rm the truth.
Re: hh by iice(f): 5:29pm On Nov 29, 2007
uchetobi. . .indeed, i nefa go anywhere without my own money. Have no time to get myself into helpless situations
Re: hh by cybersleek(m): 6:21pm On Nov 29, 2007
Iiice, you are the kind of babe i like to hang with, not that i would mind to pick up the tab though, but still good you though to bring some cheddar along. Who knows, always be prepared like the boys scoout would say!
Re: hh by hotchic1(f): 9:37pm On Nov 29, 2007
its obvious that most nigerian guys don't know whatthey want, if the lady works hard, they say she aint got time for them, she places her career above them.
if She earns more money, they start to feel insecure,
And talking about western world, how many years have youSpent out there, when comparing Nigerian ladies with others, do you consider other factors, do you even compare your self with the guys out there

From what I have seen, guys in England can voice out If Nigerian girls are as demanding 95 their counter parts from Zimbabwe.
Some of the Nigerian guys out. here are also pests.

At poster, hang out with the hardworking, focused and dilligent young girls out there, not all ladies depend on guys.
1 have not done before and I will never do it because you guys will always come out to tongue-lash ladies for every penny you spend on them, That's why I have always been focused 50 I can cater for myself and my Kids. So 1 will be able to standup for myself, in case any guy tries to tongue- lash me.

BUNDLE of rubbish
Re: hh by iice(f): 2:19am On Nov 30, 2007
cybersleek:

Iiice, you are the kind of babe i like to hang with, not that i would mind to pick up the tab though, but still good you though to bring some cheddar along. Who knows, always be prepared like the boys scoout would say!

You get am. . .prepared like a boys scout cheesy
Re: hh by Nobody: 2:21am On Nov 30, 2007
Oko omoge

Not to sound insulting, please, but are females in your family pests to their male counterparts? It's just a question. undecided
Re: hh by okoomoge2(m): 8:34am On Nov 30, 2007
cybersleeks thanks for understanding me ooooo!
ladies I meant no harm and I am really sorry. I was only sharing my views and did not mean to insult the personality of Nigeria ladies.

still water on your question below:
Not to sound insulting, please, but are females in your family pests to their male counterparts? It's just a question.
Answer
no qualms about insulting, what a question( females in my family! my lady or guy u taking too far my dear)
Re: hh by AOYEGBESANYAHOOCOM(m): 8:50am On Nov 30, 2007
Why you all women are so touchy? Why you are all 'crying out so loud' ? The poster only wrote out his opinion.
Re: hh by pannyman(m): 9:11am On Nov 30, 2007
Oko-omoge is damn right. Nigerian girls can be such annoying pests. I guess it's their upbringing. They are brought up to expect a man to bear their burden all the time and if the guy says he does not have money, they label him stingy or whatever. They want to receive without giving back too. Simply because they give you sex they feel they have the right to render you bankrupt.
Re: hh by bebe2007(m): 11:46am On Nov 30, 2007
@poster,

My paddy, kpele o! they want to crucify you. I get what you mean though, but you phrased it wrongly. There are some independent Naija women but majority are dependent on men for most things.We would all speak for ourselves. I blame our economy, culture, government and the upbringing of these girls for this trend. A good example are our female Uni students. When they are on hols, majority of them jump from one party to the other, one man to the next etc most of their counterparts abroad are busy working (holiday jobs) so they can earn some money and buy stuff for school, No, naija gal will rather sleep with 15 guys to come out with the best baffs for the next semester.

Where they decide to work, who offers them employment? when all the employers are after a certificate or the other e.g i have a friend who works as a sales gal in a shop. A graduate!!!! that job is meant for an undergraduate if you ask me. Visit most of the high street shops in london, Us students are there working for their pay.

Why cant Mr.Biggs offer students employment and pay them well? they pay crap money that will not be enough for 2 tops. the banks are not better off, they pay N20-25k what will that do this day and age?

These gals have no choice but ask men for money, Our government will do absolutely nothing about it cuz they benefit from it all. if they do who would attend all the PDP, AC, Presidential parties that they organise in their guest houses eh Who will atten the shell/mobil big boys bachelor's eve?

For the working class ones who still sugar, i would say charity begins at home. They were doing it from school, hence it has eaten into their system, they cannot and will not stop it.

@cybersleek

You make alot of sense!!! i like you! i dey always carry my vex money o!!!(Vex money is extra cash women keep with them when a guy invites them out. It may be in their pocket, shoe, bag anywhere just incase, so they do not get stranded)
Re: hh by okoomoge2(m): 1:33pm On Nov 30, 2007
Bebe2007, I knew you would understand me ! I dig ur understanding and I would advice you mentor younger ladies.
Re: hh by Joey82(m): 4:24pm On Nov 30, 2007
bebe2007, i admire the fact that u're so rational with ur posts. ciao!

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can You Get A Lady's Ring Size Without Letting Her Know / Secondary School Dating Right Or Wrong / Aren't Some Girls Just B**t.c: H.Ƹ̴.s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.