Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,565 members, 7,770,473 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:58 AM

Android, Anyone? Part II - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? Part II (959241 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (601) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by SAFO(m): 4:07pm On Jun 28, 2012
Makes me want to buy a Galaxy Nexus from the play store just so I can get jelly bean.

In the meantime, here are some links where you can enjoy some of the goodies from jelly bean. I got most of them working on ICS

Jelly Bean 4.1 wallpapers

Jelly Bean 4.1 boot animation

Jelly Bean 4.1 apps

Note - some have to be pushed to system/apps.

Enjoy grin

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:01am On Jun 29, 2012
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:53am On Jun 29, 2012
has anyone been following this project?

DAYUM. im in love

http://betadan.com/paranoid/
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:58am On Jun 29, 2012
Google finally released the latest version of its Maps app to Google Play today. Originally announced at a Google Maps event in early June, this update allows users to select and save a region of a map from more than 150 countries for offline use. In the new Maps version, users can save up to six large metro areas for offline use.

To utilize this, simply bring up the area of choice and select "Make available offline" from the menu to verify what you'd like to save. Maps then estimates the file size a user would be taking on and asks for confirmation before saving it. Google even notes that if you have GPS enabled on the device, "the blue dot will still work without a data connection so you know where you are, and if your device has a compass, you can orient yourself without 3G or WiFi connectivity."

The new Maps update for Android also includes an improved Compass Mode for Street View. Users will need Android 3.0 or higher, a gyroscope sensor, and version 1.8.1 of Street View on Google Maps to utilize this function.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:45am On Jun 29, 2012
EDIT
how to sync hotmail in your Android devices.

First thing first your device must running Froyo and above because Microsoft has activated Exchange ActiveSync for Hotmail from there.

It also syncs up your Windows Live Contacts and Calendar with the phone.

First, you put in your email address and password, then you hit "manual setup" (not "next"wink, then choose "Exchange". From there, you'll see the following...

Domain\Username: Clear out and put in your full hotmail address
Password: if not pre-filled, obviously put in your hotmail password
Server: m.hotmail.com
Check "Use Secure Connection (SSL)"
"accept all SSL certificates" can uncheck

After all the setup complete HOLA! You got your hotmail sync with your android phone wink
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jun 29, 2012
SAFO: Makes me want to buy a Galaxy Nexus from the play store just so I can get jelly bean.

In the meantime, here are some links where you can enjoy some of the goodies from jelly bean. I got most of them working on ICS

Jelly Bean 4.1 wallpapers

Jelly Bean 4.1 boot animation

Jelly Bean 4.1 apps

Note - some have to be pushed to system/apps.

Enjoy grin

what apps are there? cos I no wan vex after. thanks by the way for the links
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by SAFO(m): 8:56pm On Jun 29, 2012
joeydozzy:

what apps are there? cos I no wan vex after. thanks by the way for the links

Here's a list of the Jelly Bean apps included

Google Books
Google Calendar
Google Currents
Email Client
Face Lock
Gallery
Google News
Gmail
Google Ears
Google Earth
Google Magazines
Google Maps
Google Music
Noise Field
Phase Beam
Google Play
Google+
Street View
Talk Back
Video Editor
Videos
Google Wallet
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jun 29, 2012
SAFO:

Here's a list of the Jelly Bean apps included

Google Books
Google Calendar
Google Currents
Email Client
Face Lock
Gallery
Google News
Gmail
Google Ears
Google Earth
Google Magazines
Google Maps
Google Music
Noise Field
Phase Beam
Google Play
Google+
Street View
Talk Back
Video Editor
Videos
Google Wallet

thanks. by the how's the boot animation like?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by SAFO(m): 10:03pm On Jun 29, 2012
joeydozzy:

thanks. by the how's the boot animation like?

eh It's okay bros, you would think jelly bean would bring something new to the table but it's similar to the Galaxy Nexus boot animation.

Nothing really spectacular.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by YEBOKO(m): 10:57am On Jun 30, 2012
Pls my fellow nairalanders,am presently in d pool f confusion on wic f dis fones suitable f me,i like music and games also applications,Am thinking of GALAXY Y,GALAXY POCKET,HTC EXPLORER AND NOKIA 500,OR any fone f dis price range,pls ur advices nd suggestions ar need URGENTLY,thanks in advance
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 3:27pm On Jun 30, 2012
buy an ipod touch! or psp

abi what do u want us to tell u? u stated that u want to play music and games. u dont need a fone for that.

moreover, u have listed budget fones. most of us dont use dem, and would not recommend them. so we dont now how they perform. next thing we will see is you complaining that android is wack.

buy a nokia palasa to make calls and an ipod touch or psp to game and play music. chikena

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by texazzpete(m): 6:00pm On Jun 30, 2012
4llerbuntu: Google finally released the latest version of its Maps app to Google Play today. Originally announced at a Google Maps event in early June, this update allows users to select and save a region of a map from more than 150 countries for offline use. In the new Maps version, users can save up to six large metro areas for offline use.

To utilize this, simply bring up the area of choice and select "Make available offline" from the menu to verify what you'd like to save. Maps then estimates the file size a user would be taking on and asks for confirmation before saving it. Google even notes that if you have GPS enabled on the device, "the blue dot will still work without a data connection so you know where you are, and if your device has a compass, you can orient yourself without 3G or WiFi connectivity."

The new Maps update for Android also includes an improved Compass Mode for Street View. Users will need Android 3.0 or higher, a gyroscope sensor, and version 1.8.1 of Street View on Google Maps to utilize this function.

Still crap from Google and several generations behind Nokia maps. Imagine my fury when i found out that you STILL can't navigate without a data connection!!
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by puskin: 7:06pm On Jun 30, 2012
Goodbye to others...........Google has taken over
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jun 30, 2012
puskin: Goodbye to others...........Google has taken over

explain
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by texazzpete(m): 10:38pm On Jun 30, 2012

And you actually think that's a good thing?!
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by puskin: 3:18am On Jul 01, 2012
texazzpete:

Ehen.......is dat a bad thing?

Next thing is U'd start telling me about the need for competition

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by texazzpete(m): 9:08am On Jul 01, 2012
puskin:

Do you actually NEED me to tell you this? It's common sense!

I've never understood why people carry this fanboyism on their heads. Google doesn't pay me, neither does Apple or Microsoft. We work damn hard for this money so we have to spend it on the best available...and the more choices the better.

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by statusnet(m): 10:04am On Jul 01, 2012
Guys please i want to root my Galaxy SL badly but i can't find the right pda for my phone's firmware embarassed

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Demdem(m): 10:28am On Jul 01, 2012
cool
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 10:46am On Jul 01, 2012
Ma people, if u haven't got an android phone u re sitting on a long thing. Guys anyone checked android 4.0? De os makes sense die
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by benkings(m): 11:06am On Jul 01, 2012
honsule: The former thread had exceeded 100 pages which is the maximum number of pages allowed for a thread on Nairaland.
I hereby officially declare Part II of the thread open today.
ENJOY wink

hu told u 100 is d maximum,...dy jones 4 there
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by puskin: 11:10am On Jul 01, 2012
benkings: hu told u 100 is d maximum,...dy jones 4 there

Have U ever read through the NL rules & regulations.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by puskin: 11:14am On Jul 01, 2012
texazzpete:

puskin:

texazzpete:

Do you actually NEED me to tell you this? It's common sense!

I've never understood why people carry this fanboyism on their heads. Google doesn't pay me, neither does Apple or Microsoft. We work damn hard for this money so we have to spend it on the best available...and the more choices the better.

Because Google has taken over now........doesn't mean others can't re-take it later on........I only made a statement pertaining to the current happenings NOW.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by benkings(m): 11:17am On Jul 01, 2012
puskin:

Have U ever read through the NL rules & regulations.
nr talk 2much go chek romance section...topic:share ur sexiest,craziest,funniest or unforgettable experience on nairaland......tnx much
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by boyendowed(m): 11:51am On Jul 01, 2012
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by emaildunc: 11:57am On Jul 01, 2012
Hi guys, my samsung galaxy S suddenly starts asking for a pin, tried unlocking it with my Sim card pin number but it wouldn't budge. Is there a way I can unlock it?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Jean2(m): 4:51pm On Jul 01, 2012
emaildunc: Hi guys, my samsung galaxy S suddenly starts asking for a pin, tried unlocking it with my Sim card pin number but it wouldn't budge. Is there a way I can unlock it?
Maybe someone tried to unlock your phone severally unknown to you.Try unlock with the Gmail acct you used to setup your phone.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by statusnet(m): 5:59pm On Jul 01, 2012
statusnet: Guys please i want to root my Galaxy SL badly but i can't find the right pda for my phone's firmware embarassed
Help here pls!
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Skmoda360(m): 10:20pm On Jul 01, 2012
4bobo: please i need genuine answer from users. I want to buy good android phone with 3g that has good battery life for moderate daily usage with only 30k or less with me. Iam considering galaxy y pro , but wen i read the review, i learnt that it has poor battery life and hangs alot . Please i need suggestion.
Or 3g android tab is durable with less than 200dollars i can order online and what realiable site can i get them,that you will recommend,folks
why not go for htc A510E wildfire S.........4 36k
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by na2day(m): 4:54am On Jul 02, 2012
puskin:

Because Google has taken over now........doesn't mean others can't re-take it later on........I only made a statement pertaining to the current happenings NOW.

Talking about "NOW"
Anyone used the GOOGLE NOW?
Will it react accurately to people like us with our thick Nigerian accent?
I'm anxiously waiting for this jellybean 4.1 feature on my phone!
Imagine the wonderful voice telling you stuff like :
shortest route to ur house, telling you about the deals in the shop around?
The future is really here! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (601) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.