Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,595 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Android, Anyone? Part II - Phones (188) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? Part II (969523 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (601) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by DahtDopeBoi(m): 10:51pm On Sep 01, 2013
Pls i need help urgently... I rooted and upgraded my xperia arc s from ics to jb 4.2.2... Now my phone reboots after using it for few minutes and its frustrating.. Help me out wit a possible solution to dis problem of mine.. Thanks
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Fulaman198(m): 10:55pm On Sep 01, 2013
Daht_DopeBoi: Pls i need help urgently... I rooted and upgraded my xperia arc s from ics to jb 4.2.2... Now my phone reboots after using it for few minutes and its frustrating.. Help me out wit a possible solution to dis problem of mine.. Thanks

Sounds like an issue with your kernel. Flash ROM and Kernel back to stock via recovery
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Dabss(m): 11:00pm On Sep 01, 2013
Fulaman198:

4.3 isn't a far cry off from Android 4.2.2. There were some bug fixes as well as open gl additions, but that has nothing to do with manufacturer's UIs that may slow or bog down the OS.
the lag is still there. yes or no? grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by DahtDopeBoi(m): 11:07pm On Sep 01, 2013
Fulaman198:

Sounds like an issue with your kernel. Flash ROM and Kernel back to stock via recovery
thanks 4 replying Bro... How am i going to do the flashing stuff
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by nani667: 11:10pm On Sep 01, 2013
F.K.O:
ABI OO..IMMEDIATELY I BUY A ANDROID DEVICE D FIRST THING I DO Z ROOT ..THEN FLASH A CUSTOM ROM .. THEN A KERNEL....Bleep WARRANTY #TEAMIHATEANYTHINGSTOCK
word.....Custom Roms are definitely the way forward....especially on Samsung devices...Samsung stock Firmwares tend to be rather crappy....and they take a huge toll on your battery...(it actually destroyed my battery...had to order a new one from Amazon) with all the pointless third party apps and shii.... whatever am I using Samsung app store and Samsung Chat ON for ?? With my current firmware I'm experiencing no lags whatsoever...no third party apps at all...I don't even have those crappy Gmaps and Google+ apps....and my battery life is excellent.... smiley
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Fulaman198(m): 11:10pm On Sep 01, 2013
Da_b¤§§.:
the lag is still there. yes or no?

In the latest LG Roms with their newer UI there is no noticeable lag. If you watch YouTube videos of LG G2 and some other phones it's not Android OS that is the culprit of lag. In Android 4.0 when GPU rendering was introduced, it got rid of a lot of lag issues that Android O.S had faced in previous releases.

Since Android is an open source project, these manufacturers think they are improving the O.S by bogging it down with nonsensical bloatware. They are actually making it worse.

In short, go with one of LGs newer phones or stick to pure Android. Nexus 4 is now 32,267 N
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Fulaman198(m): 11:12pm On Sep 01, 2013
Daht_DopeBoi: thanks 4 replying Bro... How am i going to do the flashing stuff

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=34904809 try going here my friend
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Fulaman198(m): 11:14pm On Sep 01, 2013
nani.666:
word.....Custom Roms are definitely the way forward....especially on Samsung devices...Samsung stock Firmwares tend to be rather crappy....and they take a huge toll on your battery...(it actually destroyed my battery...had to order a new one from Amazon) with all the pointless third party apps and shii.... whatever am I using Samsung app store and Samsung Chat ON for ?? With my current firmware I'm experiencing no lags whatsoever...no third party apps at all...I don't even have those crappy Gmaps and Google+ apps....and my battery life is excellent.... smiley

Yes, I agree. Samsung and HTC really know how to ruin a beautiful OS.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Xhiss: 11:35pm On Sep 01, 2013
maxdozie: yes o i hav used more dan 5GB nd stil counting.. F.K.0 baba my Htc mytouch 4g slimbean 4.2.2 rom is runin slow nd it hangs... How do i overclock it?
pls inbox me d procedure or send it to my mail .... dmentor4all@rocketmail.com
my bis is wasting thanks for ur help
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Fulaman198(m): 1:17am On Sep 02, 2013
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by flecho: 7:02am On Sep 02, 2013
please help me unlock my Sony st21i Imei
353809050047544 movistar android
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by FKO1(m): 7:20am On Sep 02, 2013
Fulaman198:

In the latest LG Roms with their newer UI there is no noticeable lag. If you watch YouTube videos of LG G2 and some other phones it's not Android OS that is the culprit of lag. In Android 4.0 when GPU rendering was introduced, it got rid of a lot of lag issues that Android O.S had faced in previous releases.

Since Android is an open source project, these manufacturers think they are improving the O.S by bogging it down with nonsensical bloatware. They are actually making it worse.

In short, go with one of LGs newer phones or stick to pure Android. Nexus 4 is now 32,267 N
REALLY LIKE D LG NEXUS 4 BUT D NON REMOVABLE BATTERY N NO EXPANDABLE STORAGE IS A BIG TURNOFF
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Fulaman198(m): 7:33am On Sep 02, 2013
F.K.O:
REALLY LIKE D LG NEXUS 4 BUT D NON REMOVABLE BATTERY N NO EXPANDABLE STORAGE IS A BIG TURNOFF

Yeah, Google was trying to copy Apple it seems with that kind of design
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by FKO1(m): 7:59am On Sep 02, 2013
Fulaman198:

Yeah, Google was trying to copy Apple it seems with that kind of design
HMMM....SAME ISH HTC ONE,LOVE D DESIGN,SEXY UI,BUT STILL NO SD CARD SLOT N D BATTERY NON REMOVABLE
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by thundergucci(m): 8:53am On Sep 02, 2013
Hello nairalanders, i have a samsung galaxy ace duos S6802...i really need help with rooting and installing a custom jelly bean rom....wanted to go for cyanogenmod 10 but i heard it has a lot of bugs....please help
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by FKO1(m): 9:25am On Sep 02, 2013
thunder-gucci:
Hello nairalanders, i have a samsung galaxy ace duos S6802...i really need help with rooting and installing a custom jelly bean rom....wanted to go for cyanogenmod 10 but i heard it has a lot of bugs....please help
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY ACE DUOS.
... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2293631
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by viruz007(m): 10:41am On Sep 02, 2013
nani.666:

Wat ROM u using? I need suggestions for ROMs on S2? My OMEGA rom don tire me...
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by thundergucci(m): 10:51am On Sep 02, 2013
viruz007:

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by thundergucci(m): 10:53am On Sep 02, 2013
viruz007:

try cyanogenmod10.2 based on android 4.3
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by thundergucci(m): 10:56am On Sep 02, 2013
Please i need suggestions on various custom roms for samsung GT-S6802
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ollyndjeda(m): 12:09pm On Sep 02, 2013
maxdozie: yes o i hav used more dan 5GB nd stil counting.. F.K.0 baba my Htc mytouch 4g slimbean 4.2.2 rom is runin slow nd it hangs... How do i overclock it?
5gb bawo? max how com,e show some love to yr guy abeg. which way na? sumdayo@gmail.com
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by s3nn2x(m): 2:05pm On Sep 02, 2013
Mr 4llerbuntu and co have been awefully quiet lately. It seems this thread has been derailed and it has gotten out of their grasp...I kinda like it this way...actually my first time commenting, but I come here virtually everyday, so I know what I am talking about. It just shows that nobody is an island of knowledge.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by KazeKage1: 2:09pm On Sep 02, 2013
s3nn2x: Mr 4llerbuntu and co have been awefully quiet lately. It seems this thread has been derailed and it has gotten out of their grasp...I kinda like it this way...actually my first time commenting, but I come here virtually everyday, so I know what I am talking about. It just shows that nobody is an island of knowledge.
You do understand that people have a life outside this forum, right?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by s3nn2x(m): 2:43pm On Sep 02, 2013
KazeKage1:
You do understand that people have a life outside this forum, right?
Obviously! But I am sure you get where I am coming from. We both know those who has been active since the creation of this thread...maybe he went to a place without internet access, like someone here sometime back...wharreva...sorry, I mentioned it. PEACE!!!
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by FKO1(m): 3:24pm On Sep 02, 2013
s3nn2x: Obviously! But I am sure you get where I am coming from. We both know those who has been active since the creation of this thread...maybe he went to a place without internet access, like someone here sometime back...wharreva...sorry, I mentioned it. PEACE!!!
grin gringrin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:07pm On Sep 02, 2013
s3nn2x: Mr 4llerbuntu and co have been awefully quiet lately. It seems this thread has been derailed and it has gotten out of their grasp...I kinda like it this way...actually my first time commenting, but I come here virtually everyday, so I know what I am talking about. It just shows that nobody is an island of knowledge.

F.K.O:
grin gringrin

you should use your regular accounts to abuse people you know. most of the people you have decided to smear are your seniors in everyday life and family men.

i don't understand what your beef is about "island of knowledge", or "place without internet access". unlike you folks i passed the free browsing stage a few years ago....

in case u missed the memo i don't dabble into Chinese phones which is the singular topic on the phones section these days.

and unlike the majority of you cats i'm not an undergraduate or WAEC level jonzer. The internet is a leveler no doubt, but u should learn to respect people regardless of the anonymity of the internet.

people who matter know exactly where to get in touch with each other. and last time i checked nairaland was a public forum, it does not belong to anyone, most especially not me. get a job... it helps to sharpen the mind
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by s3nn2x(m): 4:14pm On Sep 02, 2013
^^^It goes both ways you know. You just wrote what you claimed you don't like. I guess you were referring to yourself. Anyways, I am sorry if I offended you in anyway and I retract my earlier statement about you. Welcome back to your thread!

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 02, 2013
deejay_harry1: go get es explorer.. use it to backup ur apps

ES explorer? shocked you don't say. . . I've had it for a while now. Let me see how it works.

Thanks bro
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by FKO1(m): 6:02pm On Sep 02, 2013
4llerbuntu:

you should use your regular accounts to abuse people you know. most of the people you have decided to smear are your seniors in everyday life and family men.
SO THAT EXPLAINS...

4llerbuntu:

unlike you folks i passed the free browsing stage a few years ago....
YEAH RYT....N LEMME
GUESS U R NOW IN UR SUBSCRIBING STAGE...LOL

4llerbuntu:

in case u missed the memo i don't dabble into Chinese phones which is the singular topic on the phones section these days.
KAI TECNO C WETIN U CAUSE....

4llerbuntu:

The internet is a leveler no doubt, but u should learn to respect people regardless of the anonymity of the internet.

IF U DO THIS OFTEN,I WON'T BE QUOTING U NOW.

4llerbuntu:

people who matter know exactly where to get in touch with each other. and last time i checked nairaland was a public forum, it does not belong to anyone, most especially not me.
SO U KNOW...
4llerbuntu:
get a job... it helps to sharpen the mind

DO UR JOB....IT HELPS PUT FOOD ON UR TABLE

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by FKO1(m): 6:13pm On Sep 02, 2013
n.oxide:

ES explorer? shocked you don't say. . . I've had it for a while now. Let me see how it works.

Thanks bro
CLEAN MASTER ALSO WORKS FYN
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by wozup: 6:15pm On Sep 02, 2013
Plz bro what is kernel all abt? I'm running jb 4.2.2 on g2. Tnx.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Alveez(m): 7:28pm On Sep 02, 2013
Please how can I upgrade. My huawei platinum 4G android. Phone from 2.3.5 to a higher. Os. ?
and can d phone be upgraded up to 4.2?

Can I upgrade It using the online upgrade option in d fone settings? Or I should check for it at d market. Inside d fone? Or any other methods?

Please. Ur advise. Is urgently needed on DS. Thank u as u help. Stay blessed!

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (601) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.