Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,242 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Android, Anyone? Part II - Phones (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? Part II (969867 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (601) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by jickson: 10:22pm On Apr 06, 2013
thanks but I av fix d p
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by fixzylani: 2:23am On Apr 07, 2013
I tried to upgrade my phone OTA through wireless. It took a while but eventually updated. Later showed it was downloading some updates. After installation of these updates. It restarted but now won't leave the samsung logo at the start up. I tried to enter recovery mode but it won't enter. Am confused. I use the GT-N7000 (Note 1). I need ur help pls urgently.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by abrahym(m): 8:22am On Apr 07, 2013
I need a link to download flash share
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by fixzylani: 11:28am On Apr 07, 2013
I've just installed Android 4.0.3 ICS onto my Samsung Galaxy Note with 2.3.6. The installation was done by wifi via official installer. I did not download anything specifically, just got a popup with something like "Do you want to upgrade to 4.0.3?" After answering 'yes', it downloaded some files over wifi, and restarted the phone.

But the restart didn't go well. I can see the initial Samsung animation, but after that the text "Samsung" keeps flashing in the center of the screen and nothing happens. I left it for a couple of hours - no changes. I tried rebooting and even remove battery - the same thing, it does not boot. I have never rooted the device or replaced the ROM.

Pls help me
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by nell07(m): 2:06pm On Apr 07, 2013
Can't turn on Bluetooth and wifi on my galaxy s2..
Need help please
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Baroba(m): 8:38pm On Apr 07, 2013
Please anyone with Knowledge of how to root htc sensation xl? Am hoping to change the rom.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:42pm On Apr 07, 2013
fixzylani: I've just installed Android 4.0.3 ICS onto my Samsung Galaxy Note with 2.3.6. The installation was done by wifi via official installer. I did not download anything specifically, just got a popup with something like "Do you want to upgrade to 4.0.3?" After answering 'yes', it downloaded some files over wifi, and restarted the phone.

But the restart didn't go well. I can see the initial Samsung animation, but after that the text "Samsung" keeps flashing in the center of the screen and nothing happens. I left it for a couple of hours - no changes. I tried rebooting and even remove battery - the same thing, it does not boot. I have never rooted the device or replaced the ROM.

Pls help me

the phone is bricked.

and ics for note is bad. comes with brickbug
you need to flash with odin on a pc.

flash either gingerbread or jellybean stock rom
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by opestein: 7:21am On Apr 08, 2013
4llerbuntu:

the phone is bricked.

BRICKED OR BOOTLOOPING,EITHER WAY UR OPTION IS TO FLASH STOCK ROM IN ODIN OR U FLASH VIA RECOVERY(DATS IF U AV CUSTOM ROMS IN UR SDCARD AND U ARE RUNNING CUSTOM RECOVERY.E.G CWM,TWRP)AND DEN U CAN FLASH STOCK ROM ON UR FONE VIA MOBILE ODIN IN CUSTOM ROM.
BUT THE EASIEST WAY IS TO FLASH VIA PC ODIN
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by texazzpete(m): 7:36am On Apr 08, 2013
Anandtech just gave the HTC One their first ever Gold Editor's choice award for a smartphone

Full review here
http://www.anandtech.com/show/6747/htc-one-review

Forget all the fanboys will say, the HTC One is fricking amazing!

Still gonna buy the Galaxy S4 though cheesy
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by newman10(m): 8:39am On Apr 08, 2013
Android family, I greet you all. My samsung galaxy grand does not have the option of 3G only in its Internet settings. I've used the code *#*#4 bla bla bla and installed this app "3G only" from playstore, still none has worked. I've gone to xda forum and posted the problem there, search Google. Anyone have any idea what I can do again? Btw it's on JB
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:09am On Apr 08, 2013
texazzpete: Anandtech just gave the HTC One their first ever Gold Editor's choice award for a smartphone

Full review here
http://www.anandtech.com/show/6747/htc-one-review

Forget all the fanboys will say, the HTC One is fricking amazing!

Still gonna buy the Galaxy S4 though cheesy

yeah. too bad the company is too dense to be a business

http://www.engadget.com/2013/04/08/htc-financials-q1-2013/

Instead of reaping the rewards of putting out a lovely new flagship, HTC has just reported its lowest ever profit -- a mere $2.8 million in unaudited net income -- during the first three months of this year.

That compares to $173 million in the same quarter of last year, representing a pretty catastrophic fall of around 98 percent. Underlying revenue dropped by a third to $1.4 billion.

The reason? The top-end smartphone on which the company's fortunes currently rest, the HTC One, mostly missed its scheduled global arrival date in March due to manufacturing delays, so it effectively didn't exist during the period in question.

It has only just become available to pre-order in the US and won't start shipping to customers until April 19th. At this rate, the HTC First -- the manufacturer's second big announcement of the year -- might actually deserve its name.

so how will samsung not sell 95% of the market? the S4 will meet this HTC One at the market despite the months of a head start.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:18am On Apr 08, 2013
newman10: Android family, I greet you all. My samsung galaxy grand does not have the option of 3G only in its Internet settings. I've used the code *#*#4 bla bla bla and installed this app "3G only" from playstore, still none has worked. I've gone to xda forum and posted the problem there, search Google. Anyone have any idea what I can do again? Btw it's on JB

grin grin grin grin

first world problems.

when u enter the service menu, u did not see a small box that has a drop down menu?

that menu has all the bands/network modes the phone is capable of.

one of them is WCDMA ONLY OR HSDPA ONLY or UMTS OONLY

thats the 3G only option. select that

other than the fact that i haven’t checked a Galaxy Grand setting page personally, i know samsung uses the exact same menu on all its phones and right under the mobile networks settings, the network mode has GSM/WCDMA (AUTO MODE), GSM ONLY, WCDMA ONLY.

wcdma only/umts only/hsdpa only is the 3G option.

if neither of these 2 options work, pls leave the phone be and use it like that
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by malikalhaj: 11:26am On Apr 08, 2013
I just wonder how difficult it is for people to read. . . . Most questions have already bin answered yet people will keep asking again and again. . . . Not saying it's bad to help nooks oooo, I am believer of "whoever helps a noob has a lofty place in heaven" but make una de read at least 5 pages before asking questions
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by fixzylani: 12:20pm On Apr 08, 2013
4llerbuntu:

the phone is bricked.

Thanks so much for the help
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by fixzylani: 12:21pm On Apr 08, 2013
opestein:
BRICKED OR BOOTLOOPING,EITHER WAY UR OPTION IS TO FLASH STOCK ROM IN ODIN OR U FLASH VIA RECOVERY(DATS IF U AV CUSTOM ROMS IN UR SDCARD AND U ARE RUNNING CUSTOM RECOVERY.E.G CWM,TWRP)AND DEN U CAN FLASH STOCK ROM ON UR FONE VIA MOBILE ODIN IN CUSTOM ROM.
BUT THE EASIEST WAY IS TO FLASH VIA PC ODIN

Thanks a millie times
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by newman10(m): 12:29pm On Apr 08, 2013
4llerbuntu:

grin grin grin grin

first world problems.

when u enter the service menu, u did not see a small box that has a drop down menu?

that menu has all the bands/network modes the phone is capable of.

one of them is WCDMA ONLY OR HSDPA ONLY or UMTS OONLY

thats the 3G only option. select that

other than the fact that i haven’t checked a Galaxy Grand setting page personally, i know samsung uses the exact same menu on all its phones and right under the mobile networks settings, the network mode has GSM/WCDMA (AUTO MODE), GSM ONLY, WCDMA ONLY.

wcdma only/umts only/hsdpa only is the 3G option.

if neither of these 2 options work, pls leave the phone be and use it like that

My Oga thank you so much. The grand is a dual sim phone. I guess that account for why i didnt see any drop down menu when I input the *#*# bla bla bla and yes i know 3G is the same as WCDMA, UMTS and HSDPA. I have previously used a galaxy s2 and s duos. Both of them has the WCDMA only option. So I know what I'm saying. I guess I have to use the phone just like that. I will upload the screen shot sha

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by isquar3d3(m): 12:48pm On Apr 08, 2013
4llerbuntu pls do u know if HTC c has a problem wt WiFi? tried to use swift 4g wit d phone yesterday but didn't browse. it connected wt d WiFi tho. I use an mtn sim.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by fadinus(m): 1:18pm On Apr 08, 2013
isquar3d3: 4llerbuntu pls do u know if HTC c has a problem wt WiFi? tried to use swift 4g wit d phone yesterday but didn't browse. it connected wt d WiFi tho. I use an mtn sim.
Bro hw do u recharge ur swift
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:53pm On Apr 08, 2013
isquar3d3: 4llerbuntu pls do u know if HTC c has a problem wt WiFi? tried to use swift 4g wit d phone yesterday but didn't browse. it connected wt d WiFi tho. I use an mtn sim.

first thing is it has nothing to do with the sim/network

hmmn, do you own the swift 4G router?

if you do, i suggest you change the security modes on it to test. i know some phones have issues with certain security protocols.

change the wifi security to none (open), test to see if it connects and works.

then try WEP,

then WPA.

after trying the modes you will know which option u will settle for to use the router.

if it does not work on any mode, but the Swift router is working fine, then there must be some other factor.

meanwhile i recommend you install an app called wifi manager from the playstore. it gives you better information about wifi networks so you can deduce better what the issue is
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by notindome(m): 2:05pm On Apr 08, 2013
i have a galaxy y pro duos but i observe that anytime i try to play any video online,it gives me the option of downloading it. pls what do i need to allow live streaming on my phone( not rooted).

thanks.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by honsule(m): 2:10pm On Apr 08, 2013
malikalhaj: I just wonder how difficult it is for people to read. . . . Most questions have already bin answered yet people will keep asking again and again. . . . Not saying it's bad to help nooks oooo, I am believer of "whoever helps a noob has a lofty place in heaven" but make una de read at least 5 pages before asking questions

Lack of reading other people post before commenting or asking question.Guy,how far?did u see my msg on skype/facebook?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by texazzpete(m): 2:30pm On Apr 08, 2013
4llerbuntu:

yeah. too bad the company is too dense to be a business

http://www.engadget.com/2013/04/08/htc-financials-q1-2013/

so how will samsung not sell 95% of the market? the S4 will meet this HTC One at the market despite the months of a head start.

HTC cannot depend on selling just one month before the S4. Their One is designed to go head to head with the S4. They are only failing due to worse marketing and negative mindshare.

I'll spring for the S4 because of more hacks, tweaks etc...and expandable storage. but for the majority of people who don't need these, they still go for the Samsung because of more massive marketing and clever software gimmicks.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by BlackBaron: 4:00pm On Apr 08, 2013
HTC only have themselves to blame.

Aesthetics and specs looks top notch, however a device with no external storage will never appeal to people like me.

Their marketing is also just so bland. Bar the few enthusiasts like you and I, quite a chunk of consumers don't even know there are better devices that tip say the S3 off the 'King of android' throne like the Oppo Find 5, SE Z and the HTC One.

Anyway for those who want to get android apps for cheap, You can try Humble Bundle Mobile, lets you pick up varieties of apps under a pay whatever you like model.
You get a download link after successful payment and can then easily download.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by texazzpete(m): 4:12pm On Apr 08, 2013
BlackBaron: HTC only have themselves to blame.

Aesthetics and specs looks top notch, however a device with no external storage will never appeal to people like me.

People like you are in the minority. The success of the iPhone shows most people don't NEED external storage. I doubt your total storage used is over 32Gb anyway.
Most people who complain about expandable storage buy a 16GB phone and stick in a 16GB or less memory card. Total is 32GB or less!
I may also point out that the internal memory is way faster than even a class 10 microSD card. 99% of Nigerians who use expandable memory use crappy class 4 or class 6 cards. I use a 32GB Class10 card from Sandisk...I am an exception.

BlackBaron:
Their marketing is also just so bland. Bar the few enthusiasts like you and I, quite a chunk of consumers don't even know there are better devices that tip say the S3 off the 'King of android' throne like the Oppo Find 5, SE Z and the HTC One.

You cannot compare 2013 phones like the Find 5 and SE Z with the S3 that came out in April 2012. Why not compare with the Galaxy SIV that blows the Find5 and the Xperia Z out of the water with ease...and is pretty much even (or a bit better) than the HTC One?

HTC doesn't have that much cash for the kind of aggressive marketing Samsung can churn out. You know the massive mindshare Samsung won with their Olympics sponsorship? Samsung is VERY rich grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ciphoenix: 4:21pm On Apr 08, 2013
newman10:

My Oga thank you so much. The grand is a dual sim phone. I guess that account for why i didnt see any drop down menu when I input the *#*# bla bla bla and yes i know 3G is the same as WCDMA, UMTS and HSDPA. I have previously used a galaxy s2 and s duos. Both of them has the WCDMA only option. So I know what I'm saying. I guess I have to use the phone just like that. I will upload the screen shot sha

from what i know about the grand, SIM2 can only
use EDGE while the SIM1 uses WCDMA
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by bukahands(m): 4:38pm On Apr 08, 2013
Samsung is the richest electronic company in the world, even the parts used in manufacturing other phones are still manufactured by samsung.

Htc has nice phones but they should improve on marketing
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by BlackBaron: 4:39pm On Apr 08, 2013
texazzpete:

People like you are in the minority. The success of the iPhone shows most people don't NEED external storage. I doubt your total storage used is over 32Gb anyway.
Most people who complain about expandable storage buy a 16GB phone and stick in a 16GB or less memory card. Total is 32GB or less!
I may also point out that the internal memory is way faster than even a class 10 microSD card. 99% of Nigerians who use expandable memory use crappy class 4 or class 6 cards. I use a 32GB Class10 card from Sandisk...I am an exception.

As at now, my phone capacity is 48GB. Slapped on a 32GB sd card after only a few hours out of the box cos I was running out of space already. At any given time, I need that extra space which I use to download latest 720P/1080P yet to be released movies after which I upload to my 50GB dropbox cloud storage. My apps also accounts for a hefty storage of the sum total of installed memories. I also got spare memory which I use if I'm out and without the luxury of deleting.

Couple in my extra files, documents et al and see why a phone like HTC One would never be my cup of tea. Those iphone peeps you mention always swoon and curse when they see the media content available on my phone which they never have the luxury of expanding. grin

texazzpete:
You cannot compare 2013 phones like the Find 5 and SE Z with the S3 that came out in April 2012. Why not compare with the Galaxy SIV that blows the Find5 and the Xperia Z out of the water with ease...and is pretty much even (or a bit better) than the HTC One?

HTC doesn't have that much cash for the kind of aggressive marketing Samsung can churn out. You know the massive mindshare Samsung won with their Olympics sponsorship? Samsung is VERY rich grin

2012-2013 comparison or not; at present most don't even know what latest better phones there are out there, mention Oppo 5 or SE Z to some and watch out for their blank faces. The S3 still outsells superior flagships even though it is no longer the best.

Truth is even if HTC One might be better, the in-your-face marketing of S4 would well and truly make sure there is no rival to clinch the heart of potential flagship smartphone consumers.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by newman10(m): 5:03pm On Apr 08, 2013
ciphoenix:

from what i know about the grand, SIM2 can only
use EDGE while the SIM1 uses WCDMA

You are wrong sir. Currently I'm using the sim 2 and its on HSDPA+. Both sims on the galaxy grand can be on 3G but the other sim will have to be on 2G

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by texazzpete(m): 5:25pm On Apr 08, 2013
BlackBaron:

As at now, my phone capacity is 48GB. Slapped on a 32GB sd card after only a few hours out of the box cos I was running out of space already. At any given time, I need that extra space which I use to download latest 720P/1080P yet to be released movies after which I upload to my 50GB dropbox cloud storage. My apps also accounts for a hefty storage of the sum total of installed memories. I also got spare memory which I use if I'm out and without the luxury of deleting.

Couple in my extra files, documents et al and see why a phone like HTC One would never be my cup of tea. Those iphone peeps you mention always swoon and curse when they see the media content available on my phone which they never have the luxury of expanding. grin

2012-2013 comparison or not; at present most don't even know what latest better phones there are out there, mention Oppo 5 or SE Z to some and watch out for their blank faces. The S3 still outsells superior flagships even though it is no longer the best.

Truth is even if HTC One might be better, the in-your-face marketing of S4 would well and truly make sure there is no rival to clinch the heart of potential flagship smartphone consumers.

But there's a 64GB HTC One for around $100 more. When you factor in the fact that you'll pay around $50 for a 48GB memory card (if one exists at that size) then you see it isn't such a bad thing. Plus internal storage is always faster than even a Class 10 sd card.

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (601) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.