Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,093 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Any G E J's Students On Nairaland - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Any G E J's Students On Nairaland (10508 Views)

Non-academic Students On The Rise In Nigerian Universities- NTA / Students On FG Scholarship Begging For Food In Russia / OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any G E J's Students On Nairaland by kawkab: 2:21pm On Jun 28, 2012
I really wonder why a lot of people like frivolities. Why do you need to know or see GEJ thesis. It is only recently that universities in Nigeria have started digitizing thesis and research work and putting same on the net for others to access. A Ph.D. is not easy to come by; there are several universities in Nigeria and abroad currently selling admission forms for Ph.D. programmes, if you think it is easy, go pick a form and start a Ph.D. programme in your own field of interest.

We should be objective in our criticism, the fist question when criticism someone is to check our motive; is our criticism aimed at ridiculing or insulting the person concerned. We may not like GEJ but we should be fair to him, very few Nigerian would ever have the oppurtunity of becoming President, whether we like it or not in the next 100 years when the story of Nigeria would be told, GEJ would be remembered (either for good or bad) but a lot of u here would only be remembered in years to come by our family and friends after we have passed on.

He may not become our best President ever but certainly he would not be the worst man that have ruled Nigeria.
Re: Any G E J's Students On Nairaland by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jun 28, 2012
oldtime: By all the Pope in Rome i avow You will not get a Student that learned under Him. In Bayelsa, They just take titles by turn and lie about being schooled Apart from Gabriel Imomotieme Okara who was even an Editor no one in that state can boast of scholastic achievement safe fishery and violence in the creek waiting for Government to give them Amnesty after engaging in Kidnapping and arms deal. Even JP clarke lost it. How on earth will he come so low from the ivory of relevance to be advising a........ wrongly. You can wait till eternity for GEJ's student. the only one you will find is Dame Faka Jona.........
@oldtime y allow ur hatred blind ur sense of reasoning, der ar a lot of bayelsans who're wel educated, if u lookin for GEJ's thesis go to d dept of animal and environmental biology formerly zoology in uniport and get it, its available , and JP Clark's from delta nt bayelsa
Re: Any G E J's Students On Nairaland by genxris: 2:27pm On Jun 28, 2012
I wonder why a so called lecturer would end up marrying an illiterate, maybe the woman has got other qualities, you know what am talking about QUALITIES like servicing his john thomas well.

He married her because she is his choice and he loves her enough to stick to her despite what ever u tink of her....if u are pained by that go and get him ur literate mother or sister to marry or better go hug transformer
Re: Any G E J's Students On Nairaland by prologue: 2:33pm On Jun 28, 2012
morufoye: this is sheer jealousy and envy. What do you need his phd thesis for? remember he did not award it to himself. I have come across many phd holders and they all proved to be good in their field. the commander does not claim to have a phd in English.

Presently, he is our driver and we are his passengers. The best we can do for him is support him and pray for him. he ascended that throne with the intention of serving despite his seeming inadequacies and that what I call courage. Actions shall be judged according to intention. He can do without your mad.ness. Go to he.ll with your perfectionism. kiresi people wey sabi english pass queen elizabeth.

And the beat goes on. intentions? actions? and you are seeing the reaction. Point out these actions with "good" intentions? even a mad man has gotten intentions.
I voted for jona. Stood in d sun for hours and defied intimidations. Am from SS too. Its better to be a thief than to be irredeemably stupid. checkout obj. In one of his chat, he started by defining deregulation. New word... we became confused. thief but smart. what is free grains to farmers, cassava bread, energy saving bulbs, my plane cannot land in maiduguri, subsidy not attainable, if you dont rule well, we will stone u, birth-control, jumbo foreign trip, we are on top of the situation, maulag, 2500 buses, we know cabals but cannot name them. BH has infiltrated my govt, i-dont-give-a-damn... and the list goes on. while the smart criminals were playing draughts, he was playing dumb hide n seek with fishing canoes on open waters with pepe n omokri
Re: Any G E J's Students On Nairaland by genxris: 2:37pm On Jun 28, 2012
[quote author=domack99]

Please stop posting all these lies, GEJ is not the author and i can bet it that his not even a co-author, the book was written when GEJ was in Govt house.From the article the real author contact is ask4basseyeakpan@yahoo.com. Am very sure the author or school was just looking for govt support.

But for goodness sake what is the big deal in knowing what the Mr President did to bag is Phd, i did my project in school and am proud of it. Mr president should be proud of it if trully he has nothing to hide.

A ibo adage reads ''no matter the number of cloths a child may have,he will never have more rags than his father''
u want to to start a academic comparision of u and GEj ...hmm
Re: Any G E J's Students On Nairaland by elari(m): 2:38pm On Jun 28, 2012
ifihearam: I do not know what the op intentions are for such a thread but hear this
Before this world will come to an end or in the next 200 years to come
None of your family members before now and after will ever emerge to the least position GEJ has ever occupied.
The president has turned to a subject of discussion by every rat and cockroaches here,since whenare you people sane at all
. . U don turn destiny teller ni? STFU. U wud never hear such insults 4rm anoda country men to their presido. U knw y? They dunt behave like morons.
Re: Any G E J's Students On Nairaland by emmykk(m): 2:47pm On Jun 28, 2012
1.No president is ever loved while they grace the throne,people who are failures like 2 drag them down.goodluck jonathan did not forced himself on us.he wisdom,intellect and divine will took him there take it or live it 8years wil complete
2.moderators of online forum are idiot.reason been that they post an article and login into fake made account and make rubbish comments that will instigates,by so doing increasing their search engine optimisation.atimes i dnt read some thread
Re: Any G E J's Students On Nairaland by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jun 28, 2012
Viewing this topic: prologue, Steveonyekachi, hauwabd(f), channel801(f), deli.cious(m), Ezira, , CyberG(m), gram, Greatmang5, young e(m), Zediccus(m), genxris, elari, teetee123(m), quazim(m), yamunla(m), Kehnyshavin, jovie50(m), maran1983, davidfajum(m), Chatlaury(f), egbeman1 and 32 guest(s)

Feel free to share your testimonies here
Re: Any G E J's Students On Nairaland by aybim: 2:55pm On Jun 28, 2012
haha none of them will come out ....because it only: i have no shoe that their will be able to write and spell...
i have no shoe....i have no shoe....i have no shoeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Any G E J's Students On Nairaland by Kemet: 3:01pm On Jun 28, 2012
We will also like to see Mujahideen Buhari's thesis.

Oops. My bad. Him no go school
Re: Any G E J's Students On Nairaland by Demdem(m): 3:08pm On Jun 28, 2012
In summary, no student of the Retardeen yet. Interesting !!!!
however, i got something new here.

ENEONWO: GEJ was never a Uniport lecturer. He was with the Rivers State College of Education (COE) as a Biology Teacher. Posters should not be beclouded by political sentiments, grave hatred and the urge to cast aspersions, only to stoop low as misrepresenting facts. Facts are stubborn things! Am not by any means impressed with GEJ's composure/disposition, but that shouldnt lead to dirty mudslinging on my part.

Do we have any former students of this college of Education here. Not neccessary a student of the Retardeen but someone who may have at least seen him teach in this school? ANY?
Re: Any G E J's Students On Nairaland by Jodesky(m): 3:09pm On Jun 28, 2012
ENEONWO: GEJ was never a Uniport lecturer. He was with the Rivers State College of Education (COE) as a Biology Teacher. Posters should not be beclouded by political sentiments, grave hatred and the urge to cast aspersions, only to stoop low as misrepresenting facts. Facts are stubborn things! Am not by any means impressed with GEJ's composure/disposition, but that shouldnt lead to dirty mudslinging on my part.

We are now getting better informed. This probably explains why his PHD dissertation was not approved until he became deputy governor. If this revelation is true, then he must have taught biology at the COE with his MSC. We have no reason therefore to begrudge him on his untested and atrophied 'PHD'. No wonder the bulk of his supporters are militants and rabble-rousers who think with their fists rather than their heads.
Nigeria surely deserves a better leader, a leader who can sit and think. With his kind of support base, Nigerians should forget any progress under GEJ. We are where we are because we worship mediocrity in governance. Crass idiots who should be casting their nets questing for fish have suddenly found themselves in the power without a clue on what to do with it. There are leaders who will be remembered for good and others whose memory succeeding generations would wish to wipe off.

A word is enough for the wise; not for the combatants here............

2 Likes

Re: Any G E J's Students On Nairaland by Demdem(m): 3:16pm On Jun 28, 2012
^^^^

Infact, this thread isnt even about if he has a PHD or not. we have accepted the fact that he has a PHD either by cook or crook, this is Nigeria. This thread is really about any who may have been taught by the retardeen to share their experiences.

1 Like

Re: Any G E J's Students On Nairaland by kutchs: 3:19pm On Jun 28, 2012
Adagba1: You are the most stupid person for being unable to differentiate between owners of fake and original certificate.I doubt whether you have any.
What makes his fake and the one you possess original? If the authenticity of his degrees are in doubt, why not approach the authorities of Uniport for veriication instead of ranting like an ant here. As for weda I have any, well what do I say? If and when we meet in real life outside nairaland you know weda I do or not. My point though is that it is people who bought their certificates like you did who think everyone did.
Re: Any G E J's Students On Nairaland by acidtalk: 3:35pm On Jun 28, 2012
emmykk: 1.No president is ever loved while they grace the throne,people who are failures like 2 drag them down.goodluck jonathan did not forced himself on us.he wisdom,intellect and divine will took him there take it or live it 8years wil complete
2.moderators of online forum are idiot.reason been that they post an article and login into fake made account and make rubbish comments that will instigates,by so doing increasing their search engine optimisation.atimes i dnt read some thread

This is certainly one of Jonathan's student. The writeup sounds exactly like Dame Patience Jonathan's speech.
Re: Any G E J's Students On Nairaland by Jodesky(m): 4:10pm On Jun 28, 2012
acidtalk:

This is certainly one of Jonathan's student. The writeup sounds exactly like Dame Patience Jonathan's speech.

He was thinking out in his native dialect but has a lot of difficulty translating his thoughts into English. I equally suspect he is one of the products of our PHD flaunting former lecturer. Very nonsensical write-up.
Re: Any G E J's Students On Nairaland by EreluY(f): 4:17pm On Jun 28, 2012
Adagba1: His PHD if at all he has any is a honourary PHD,as for MSC may be he bought it.

Mind you, no university in the world (as far as I know) awards HONORARY PhDs. This is strictly speaking an earned degree. Conversely, however, LLD, DSc, DD, DMus, DLitt, degrees etc, can be awarded honorary causa (although some universities award some of these through coursework and research. So if you find someone with a PhD he must have earned it either by cook or crook!
Re: Any G E J's Students On Nairaland by EreluY(f): 4:30pm On Jun 28, 2012
ifihearam: The most annoying part is that most of you here used mercenaries for your WAEC and Jamb .
You still have the effrontery,temerity,audacity to talk down on Dr. GEJ
How many of your fathers are DRs Fools

BY VIRTUE OF HIS WRITTEN ENGLISH, THIS GUY MUST BE ONE GEJ'S STUDENTS.
Re: Any G E J's Students On Nairaland by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jun 28, 2012
The discussion is simply one that should not be neglected. I believe it is something concerned nigerians should look into. If you had ever passed through the four walls of the ivory tower, you would understand that his claim as a lecturer (a Dr. For that matter) should be supported with different publications but in international and local journals. He should students either as project students or those who took lectures under him at one time or the other.
Re: Any G E J's Students On Nairaland by PhysicsQED(m): 4:43pm On Jun 28, 2012
domack99:

Please stop posting all these lies, GEJ is not the author and i can bet it that his not even a co-author, the book was written when GEJ was in Govt house.From the article the real author contact is ask4basseyeakpan@yahoo.com. Am very sure the author or school was just looking for govt support.

But for goodness sake what is the big deal in knowing what the Mr President did to bag is Phd, i did my project in school and am proud of it. Mr president should be proud of it if trully he has nothing to hide.

Kid, do you have reading comprehension problems or were you dropped on the head as a toddler?

Do you know what a co-author is? GEJ is the third author on the article. The fact that you think that the person whose email is shown to be contacted on an academic article is the only "real author" of the article shows that you're a complete ignoramus.

That is not a book, but an article. I hope you can tell the difference between a book and an article. Please go back to school.

I was merely answering the OP's question. I didn't think imbeciles who can't distinguish articles from books would fly in from out of nowhere with dumb comments.
Re: Any G E J's Students On Nairaland by Demdem(m): 4:56pm On Jun 28, 2012
No student yet undecided undecided
Re: Any G E J's Students On Nairaland by Limaoscar: 5:19pm On Jun 28, 2012
To think that that guy is a university lecturer show why nigeria higher education has gone down the drain. He doesnt even come across as a die hard agberos like dem goddy edosa. Those guys tend to be more refined than gej.

How come he is the president? Was he a mend kingpin like beaf,
imposed on us by the corrupt ruling elite to quell the fracas?

MEND does not represent the interest of rational deltans and nigeria in general.

Look at you ranting away and you can't even answer a simple question by OP.Yet you will blame GEJ that you're a dim-wit!
Re: Any G E J's Students On Nairaland by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jun 28, 2012
That's why I prefer Americans and politics. The politicians here, from president to lieutenant governor, are scrutinized from the day they announce candidacy. If GEJ was in the US, he'd be impeached by now. All OP did was ask academic questions about him and some people's BP has tripled.

It doesn't worry some of you that he may not have earned some of his titles? Nigerians should be wanting the best of the best as their leader and officials. Why do you keep making excuses for someone who obviously isn't qualified?

OT: I'm not a former GEJ student. I have never seen one, talkless of heard tales. I wonder if they exist.
Re: Any G E J's Students On Nairaland by EreluY(f): 5:46pm On Jun 28, 2012
[b]It is sad, disheartening and so depressing that this thread has become politicised and tribalised. That’s not my intentions at all! Paid to vilify GEJ? No. I hold down an excellent job (which requires a PhD, lol) and have GSOH. Whilst I strongly believe that we shouldn’t, as Nigerians or Africans, vilify ourselves, this does not and should not prevent us from dealing with our curiosities. Curiosities? Yes. I am curious to have access to GEJ’s PhD thesis and to know how he fared as an academic, period.

First and foremost, a PhD (and for your information, I hold one from a UK university which consistently remains in the top 10 in the world) is awarded following an original investigation adjudged to make a distinct and significant contribution to knowledge. Any such materials (even if and when they are not digitalised or deposited online) shouldn’t be locked away and made inaccessible. They should be available for consultations by other researchers to verify, authenticate, corroborate or contradict. That is the essence of scholarship. PhD theses are reference materials, meaning they must be available, on demand, to be referenced and consulted for the body of knowledge they are considered to embody. The question is this, where is GEJ’s PhD thesis and why is it inaccessible? Gordon Brown graduated in history from Edinburgh with First Class Honours in 1972 and stayed on to complete his PhD in history (which he gained ten years later in 1982). His thesis is titled ‘The Labour Party and Political Change in Scotland 1918–29’. Copies are available today, as I write, at Edinburgh University’s Main Library and at the British Library in London. Where is GEJ’s PhD thesis for us to validate or challenge its claims? Now, I am aware of copyright and intellectual property issues. Where these apply, before gaining access to such theses, one signs an undertaking, carefully drafted by intellectual property lawyers, affirming that you will not violate the copyright and intellectual property rights of the author. If you do, then you’re in for it, period. So, there is no reason why GEJ’s PhD thesis shouldn’t be accessible.

Secondly, given that GEJ honestly comes across, all the time, as someone who has no clue on any and every subject matter, I am keen to know how he performed as Lecturer in whichever institution employed him as an academic.

Thirdly, one paper that has GEJ’s name on it (perhaps the only one in existence) was published in China (? Uhmn) when he was in government and not when he was in the academia. Besides, GEJ’s name appears last in the list of co-authors, suggesting he made the least (if at all any) contributions to the paper. My gut feeling is that the first author, for some questionable - if not highly dubious - reasons, appended GEJ’s name as a co-author—something akin to honorary and ghost authorship.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Any G E J's Students On Nairaland by abankula: 5:49pm On Jun 28, 2012
I am of the personal opinion that the OP has just merely sought the experience of GEJ's former students on his teaching qualities as a teacher.
It is apparent that most contributors on this thread have realy moved off the track by linking this post to a request for comment on GEJ leadership qualities.
Since most Nigerians, without bias, are already aware of the GEJ extremely poor leadership qualities, except for the few myopic individuals whom their defence for mr president has been beclouded by their tribal, religious and personal affliation with him, it may be interesting to know if GEJ was a briliant teacher. As a note of caution, it may be wrong and unfair for any one who has not passed through his tutelage to conclude that he was a bad teacher based on his poor performance as a president as these two scenarios are incomparable. No one knows, until we hear from his former students, he might have been an exceptional teacher!
Re: Any G E J's Students On Nairaland by EreluY(f): 5:54pm On Jun 28, 2012
abankula: I am of the personal opinion that the OP has just merely sought the experience of GEJ's former students on his teaching qualities as a teacher.
It is apparent that most contributors on this thread have realy moved off the track by linking this post to a request for comment on GEJ leadership qualities.
Since most Nigerians, without bias, are already aware of the GEJ extremely poor leadership qualities, except for the few myopic individuals whom their defence for mr president has been beclouded by their tribal, religious and personal affliation with him, it may be interesting to know if GEJ was a briliant teacher. As a note of caution, it may be wrong and unfair for any one who has not passed through his tutelage to conclude that he was a bad teacher based on his poor performance as a president as these two scenarios are incomparable. No one knows, until we hear from his former students, he might have been an exceptional teacher!

You're right. I like your sense of humour, too!
Re: Any G E J's Students On Nairaland by itoldu: 6:03pm On Jun 28, 2012
There is a student of his whom he supervised his project and gave a B in his project. He is on twitter. I met followed him a while ago. @francisawelewa. check his tweet of december 2011
Re: Any G E J's Students On Nairaland by davies123: 6:44pm On Jun 28, 2012
dedeike: I know that these mischief makers will never allow for the purpose of this thread to be achieved. They must politicize every issue for their selfish ends. I don't know what axe they hve to grind with Jonathan. Even if they were paid to hate on GEJ on this forum, can't they be more professional and discreet about it? It's so laughable how dumb heads who may have bribed their way thru university and secured a PASS (BSC) will come here to blab about a man that holds a PHD..
My brother why r u surprised,nairaland is an CAN tool against GEJ and his govt dats y any thread against him hits d frontpage in seconds!
Re: Any G E J's Students On Nairaland by Obijulius: 8:33pm On Jun 28, 2012
Threads lyk this will make the front page, esp when they attack the character of Mr. President and undermine his capabilities (and emphasize his shortcomings) as a Leader. These critics, given the same opportunity, would do no better(refer Hitler, Nazi Germany).

The OP had just one intention (and the mods share same too), to spite Nigerians against Mr. President. Now that u have acheived ur goal in life what next? is this the high you so earnestly crave? Is this your contribution towards a better society?

What effort have you made (personally) to verify the President's claims? Given your antecedents do you think you can make a good leader?

Why not try this; get books by Henry Kissinger, Robert Kennedy, Bill Clinton and Winston Churchill. And make sure you read them all. Perhaps you could begin to prepare yourself to be more useful to society...and be sure to follow up on verifying the President's claims. I look forward to hearing from you.
Re: Any G E J's Students On Nairaland by ifihearam: 9:42pm On Jun 28, 2012
@erelu
Swear down you cannot pass jamb unaided
So I advise you to shut your gutter you call a mouth.
Re: Any G E J's Students On Nairaland by queensmith: 9:45pm On Jun 28, 2012
only god knows if half the soo called credentials of all these presidents are true- wasn't there controversy over Obama's credentials not long ago too? It's all a bunch of hogwash. Fortunately for them, 99% of the nations they are hogwashing are complete ***** that will never seek to know the truth.

How can asking whether one was taught by the current president now a reason to rain insults? Obviously because he didn't teach anybody, once again the president has taken us for a ride.

I respect him oooo, and any other man that does so for that matter. Fooling 150 million people cannot be easy. . . .. . . . . . .or maybe it can!
Re: Any G E J's Students On Nairaland by 3rdparty: 11:42pm On Jun 28, 2012
No student yet? No classmate yet?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PGDE In NTI Lagos Center. How Do I Go About It? / Dangote Gives Scholarship To Students From Coal Bearing Communities / 2019/2020 UNIBEN Postgraduate Admission Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.