Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,287 members, 7,836,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

US Supreme Court Upholds Obamacare - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Supreme Court Upholds Obamacare (5318 Views)

America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal / Obamacare Mandatory RFID Chipping Now Being Implemented In Wyoming / Obamacare Mandates RFID Chips To Be Implanted In All Americans By Mrch 23rd 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Supreme Court Upholds Obamacare by KayDee4: 11:53pm On Jun 28, 2012
elampiro: @nedostic, Time will tell where these things are leading us. They aren't just socio-economic and technological issues as you see themm. Do you know Obama is the first president to endorse same sex marriage? Do you know he and his law makers passed a bill allowing soldiers to intimate with animals? Do you know he encourages abortion? These things are not ordinary of him, he surely know what he is doing and where he is driving America and the world to.

ha ha, Obama didn't invent the gay and lesbo mess, blame it on the first amendment, not Obama. OBAMA for 2nd term. thumbs up to the supreme court for upholding obamacare.
Re: US Supreme Court Upholds Obamacare by manny4life(m): 2:15am On Jun 29, 2012
I love all these arm chair critics, even those who claimed it called for a mandatory RFID devices. What they failed to read about the bill is that it called for a medical registry using any form of either of the device, either implantable, life-supporting, or life-sustaining.

Class III devices are usually those that support or sustain human life, are of substantial importance in preventing impairment of human health, or which present a potential, unreasonable risk of illness or injury.[9] Examples of Class III devices which currently require a premarket notification include implantable pacemaker, pulse generators, HIV diagnostic tests, automated external defibrillators, and endosseous implants.

Devices in Class II are held to a higher level of assurance than Class I devices, and are designed to perform as indicated without causing injury or harm to patient or user. Examples of Class II devices include powered wheelchairs, infusion pumps, and surgical drapes.

Most Class I devices are exempt from the premarket notification and/or good manufacturing practices regulation.[7][9][10] Examples of Class I devices include elastic bandages, examination gloves, and hand-held surgical instruments.

Meanwhile, there are tons of devices out there in the market that has electronic medical records on them mostly for seniors and folks with disability. Good armchair critics. embarassed embarassed embarassed

[size=16pt]The bill DOES NOT call for for anyone to be implanted with no damn RFID chip. [/size]

‘‘(g)(1) The Secretary shall establish a national medical device registry (in this subsection referred to as the ‘registry’) to facilitate analysis of postmarket safety and outcomes data on each device that—

What the bill does is create a national registry or should I say database of the huge range of medical devices from pacemakers to dental implants. This is more like FDA that have a registry of ALL devices used in clinical, drug administration, whether in hospitals, clinics or pharmacist or or CDC having a registry for patients involved in vaccinations trials. The intent of the registry is to collect statistic on how safe and effective the devices are used.

Again, just because you're not aware doesn't mean it doesn't exist. There are electronic devices out there that have electronic medical records on them, what this bill emphasizes on is the regulation of these devices. RFID chip have been used in different applications including healthcare to retail to asset management and tracking so I don't see the big deal.
Re: US Supreme Court Upholds Obamacare by elampiro(m): 11:19am On Jun 29, 2012
Manny4life, this looks insightful. But you can see that the US government now has a broad power to force a lot of things on the people with this ambigous ObamaCare. The people that are worried and critic of this law surely know more than us. I have read a lot about it, and I can tell that religious and circular freedom are gone. Pls read the reaction below.

Tags: Healthcare Reform | Cuccinelli | Obamacare | dark | liberty

Cuccinelli: Dark Day for American Liberty

Wednesday, 27 Jun 2012 11:21 AM

Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli slammed the Supreme Court's decision on President Barack Obama's healthcare law, saying that Thursday is "a dark day for the American people, the Constitution, and the rule of law."

"This decision goes against the very principle that America has a federal government of limited powers; a principle that the Founding Fathers clearly wrote into the Constitution, the supreme law of the land," Cucinelli, a leading opponent of the law added. 

"This is a dark day for American liberty.

"The Constitution was meant to restrict the power of government precisely for the purpose of protecting your liberty and mine from the overreaching hand of the federal government.

"This unprecedented decision says that Congress has the authority to force citizens to buy private goods or face fines, — a power it has never had in American history, and a power King George III and Parliament didn't have over us when we were mere subjects of Great Britain. 

"Since the federal government itself could never articulate to the court a constitutional limit to this power, Congress has gained an unlimited power to force citizens to buy anything," Cuccinelli added.

"I am disappointed with the court's ruling and with the unprecedented attack on American liberty the president and the previous Congress have created with this law." http://www.newsmax.com/US/Cuccinelli-Obamacare-dark-liberty/2012/06/28/id/443808

1 Like

Re: US Supreme Court Upholds Obamacare by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jun 29, 2012
^You'll make a perfect bald-headed, pot-bellied, antisocial, red-necked, spitting republican one day. Congrats.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Obama Likely To Win His Relection Bid In The States? / Libyan Rebels Promised France 35% Oil In Exchange For Supporting Them / Parents Charged In UAE After Hidden Baby Found In Carry-on

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.