Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity (4806 Views)

Abducted Muslim Children Forcefully Converted To Christianity In Edo Idp Camp. / 136 Christians Convert To Islam In Kwara State / Boko Haram Wants To Kill Me For Converting To Christianity”–Islamic Cleric’s Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by gbadexy(m): 4:24am On Jun 30, 2012
I'm a regular reasonable and objective guy.
I was born into Islam and I've been indoctrinated into it as most christians too were born into christianity.
Like most people in the world, we just want to worship our creator, simple. Most religions preach dogma where you don't question but just accept on faith so most people remain in the religion they were born into.
Now, I'm just trying to feel around to see if christianity, which is the only other reasonable religion according to me, should be the one to practice in other to fnd God's favour, afterall nobody has come back from heaven to tell us which is acceptable except some questionable and unverified claims.
According to islam, Jesus comes from the spirit of God (Isa Nuhu llah) I hope that's the spelling, but that's the pronunciation. And islam corroborates his immaculate conception.
Now, aren't we all from the spirit of God? And if we assume that Jesus is God's son, would a prince in any kingdom get more praise and recognition than the king? I have heard outright proclamation that Jesus is God and I hear his praise and worship more.
Also, if I agree that God almighty has a son , making them two, what is the holy spirit? Doesn't God's spirit exist in Him and Jesus already? Does both God and jesus spirit have to be lumped together in another entity making them three different entity? I know Jesus is an independent entity with independent thought but with unquestionable devotion to God, so would the same Holy spirit dwell in two different entity? If they are the same, why would the Almighty split Himself in two and have His lesser part act as intercessor.
Finally, Adam was just a vessel that God breathe into to animate him, is God's breath different from His spirit, and if Eve had no mother, whose spirit is in her and what would that make her?
I need intelligent answers and superior argument to enlighten and convince me.
I don't want quotes from the Bible as answers, any verse or quote can be twisted by anybody to give a million different interpretation and meaning. I expect logical answers.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by gbadexy(m): 8:47am On Jun 30, 2012
I've seen the number of viewers, I don't know if they are logged in but I expect or rather challenge well versed christians to give me reasonable explanations to my question.
I'm willing to learn.
Re: I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by Nobody: 8:56am On Jun 30, 2012
where is frosbel when you need him?
Re: I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by buzugee(m): 11:18am On Jun 30, 2012
gbadexy: I'm a regular reasonable and objective guy.
I was born into Islam and I've been indoctrinated into it as most christians too were born into christianity.
Like most people in the world, we just want to worship our creator, simple. Most religions preach dogma where you don't question but just accept on faith so most people remain in the religion they were born into.
Now, I'm just trying to feel around to see if christianity, which is the only other reasonable religion according to me, should be the one to practice in other to fnd God's favour, afterall nobody has come back from heaven to tell us which is acceptable except some questionable and unverified claims.
According to islam, Jesus comes from the spirit of God (Isa Nuhu llah) I hope that's the spelling, but that's the pronunciation. And islam corroborates his immaculate conception.
Now, aren't we all from the spirit of God? And if we assume that Jesus is God's son, would a prince in any kingdom get more praise and recognition than the king? I have heard outright proclamation that Jesus is God and I hear his praise and worship more.
Also, if I agree that God almighty has a son , making them two, what is the holy spirit? Doesn't God's spirit exist in Him and Jesus already? Does both God and jesus spirit have to be lumped together in another entity making them three different entity? I know Jesus is an independent entity with independent thought but with unquestionable devotion to God, so would the same Holy spirit dwell in two different entity? If they are the same, why would the Almighty split Himself in two and have His lesser part act as intercessor.
Finally, Adam was just a vessel that God breathe into to animate him, is God's breath different from His spirit, and if Eve had no mother, whose spirit is in her and what would that make her?
I don't want quotes from the Bible as answers, any verse or quote can be twisted by anybody to give a million different interpretation and meaning. I expect logical answers.
Thank you.
bruh, stick to islam.

1 Like

Re: I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by Nobody: 11:36am On Jun 30, 2012
Thank you.
simple. between Jesus(leader of the christ-ian) and Mohammad (founder of Islam) who should be emulated in all ramifications?

whose teachings encourages you to love ur killers?
Re: I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by gbadexy(m): 12:30pm On Jun 30, 2012
@ toba
What kind of kindergarten response is that? Am asking a question instead of giving me intelligent answer, you are asking me a foolish question that has nothing to do with the question I asked.
I take it you people are confused and can't answer the question.
By the way, Muhammad (PBUH) never encouraged killing innocent people. During his life time he fought defensive wars against people that came to attack them and when he occupied jerusalem, he left them to practice their religion. He only taxed them.
Besides he gave his followers rules of engagement; not to attack old people, children, women and un armed people.
Back to the topic, I'm still patiently waiting for answers.
Re: I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by buzugee(m): 12:35pm On Jun 30, 2012
gbadexy: @ toba
What kind of kindergarten response is that? Am asking a question instead of giving me intelligent answer, you are asking me a foolish question that has nothing to do with the question I asked.
By the way, Muhammad (PBUH) never encouraged killing innocent people. During his life time he fought defensive wars against people that came to attack them and when he occupied jerusalem, he left them to practice their religion. He only taxed them.
Besides he gave his followers rules of engagement; not to attack old people, children, women and un armed people.

thats your answer right there. ALLAHUUUUUUUUUUUU AKBARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Re: I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jun 30, 2012
buhaaaaaaaaaaaaha

there lies ur ans. Jesus didnt personally fought any battle. So its better to follow a gentle man
Re: I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jun 30, 2012
I was so close to becoming a Christian before, the contradictions and the confusing nature of the Bible are what chased me away. No offence to the Christians.
I don't get how God would kill himself/his son to forgive the sins of the human beings that he created to be imperfect and then still send these people to hell for sinning even after committing suiocide/murder in order to forgive them their sins.
I also didn't get the injustice in the whole thing.
How was a blameless and innocent person's blood considered the perfect substitute for the crimes of the guilty ones?

These and some other things were what stopped me, if not I would probably have been a Christian today.

3 Likes

Re: I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by joe4christ(m): 2:19pm On Jun 30, 2012
If you're waiting for a mere mortal to show you the path of God then you're as good as wasting your time cos only God can reveal and give you valid answers to your questions and one thing i'm sure of is that an encounter with this true divine being known as God will definately change your perspective and view about life in it's entirety, so you just search and seek him, ask him in your prayers to reveal himself to you, he would cos he want to show you the path of life and that was why he seperated you from others around you and gave you such a vision and a mentality to see beyond your nose.
I pray that he will equally reveal himself to you as he did to me till date.

1 Like

Re: I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jun 30, 2012
joe4christ: If you're waiting for a mere mortal to show you the path of God then you're as good as wasting your time cos only God can reveal and give you valid answers to your questions and one thing i'm sure of is that an encounter with this true divine being known as God will definately change your perspective and view about life in it's entirety, so you just search and seek him, ask him in your prayers to reveal himself to you, he would cos he want to show you the path of life and that was why he seperated you from others around you and gave you such a vision and a mentality to see beyond your nose.
I pray that he will equally reveal himself to you as he did to me till date.

Joe, how did the revelation come to you? Did you see Jesus Christ in your dream or something?
Re: I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by joe4christ(m): 2:30pm On Jun 30, 2012
fellis:

Joe, how did the revelation come to you? Did you see Jesus Christ in your dream or something?

That i cannot tell you, cos even if i do would that help you to believe or rather confuse you the more? I can only tell you that Jesus is indeed alive and heaven and hell are as real as the physical world we are in, you can seek God for yourself and when you do have your encounter then you can share it with others so they can learn from your experience.
I just dont want to further confuse this atheists with supernatural experience that would only result to more arguments. Thanks!

2 Likes

Re: I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by joe4christ(m): 2:39pm On Jun 30, 2012
fellis: I was so close to becoming a Christian before, the contradictions and the confusing nature of the Bible are what chased me away. No offence to the Christians.
I don't get how God would kill himself/his son to forgive the sins of the human beings that he created to be imperfect and then still send these people to hell for sinning even after committing suiocide/murder in order to forgive them their sins.
I also didn't get the injustice in the whole thing.
How was a blameless and innocent person's blood considered the perfect substitute for the crimes of the guilty ones?

These and some other things were what stopped me, if not I would probably have been a Christian today.

What i'm about saying is in no way meant to convince you, but let me tell you plainly that you can never find God logically, the more you try the harder confused you would be, and the more you would stumble and fumble, only he himself can reveal himself to you and answer all your questions that would live your soul crying out for mercy cos by now you would have seen how ignorant and unknowledgable you really are, look at nature and the orderliness of nature even though humanity has currupted it, even still nature speaks for itself and testifies of it's creator cos it gives everlasting glory the the Lord Of Host.
God is real if you seek him in truth you will find him cos he will reveal himself to you.
Re: I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by LagosShia: 2:45pm On Jun 30, 2012
the fact is you'd hardly find sense or any rational arguments in christianity in all its one thousand and one sects and denominations.i have tried that and know what i am talking about.don't waste your time.you can review my thread:

I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions!
Re: I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jun 30, 2012
LagosShia:

the fact is you'd hardly find sense or any rational arguments in christianity in all its one thousand and one sects and denominations.i have tried that and know what i am talking about.don't waste your time.you can review my thread:

I "LagosShia" Will Embrace Christianity On Two Little Conditions!

Don't start what you cannot finish cool
Re: I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by joe4christ(m): 3:10pm On Jun 30, 2012
Let me also share with you a mystery even as the holy spirit permits me:
Do you know that just as there are laws of gravity, photosynthesis and the laws of sowing and reaping which demands that whatever is sown to the ground would sprout out to yield thousand of what was sown to the sower so also is it also applicable to the spiritual realm? I know you might not be aware of it neither would you believe it, but whether you do or not wont change a thing, i just want you to know that when God created the world my bible tells me that God saw all he created and was contended and declared all he created good. But every negative thing you see today is born of human dissobidience as a result of sin in the garden of eden, you might still not believe it cos you might regard it as just a myth but God cannot lie, and God created man so he could have someone like him to fellowship with, you can imagine a king investing so much find into the invention of cyborg in his own form and image that he can commune with and share his thought with but when man sinned man was automatically by the law of spiritual connection which is perfect unlike the laws of nature which could be twisted requires that man be immidiately seperated from God cos the eyes of God cannot behold iniquity, he is holy, that is his nature, man was doomed for destruction cos God told he the day he eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil that day man would die and return to the dust he came from - the death means spiritual death, meaning seperation from God the source of life himself which results to eternal death which is the second death in hell.
But God was not pleased with the fate of man cos he so much love man and want to commune with his creature (Man) so the godhead strategised means of saving man whose spiritual requirement is that someone who is holy without any blemish must have to pay the full price for the sins of humanity to be able to redeem humanity, so Jesus being the fullness of the Godhead bodilly payed the price by sacrificing himself die a shameful death hunged on the cross stripped nak*d and beathen beyond recognistion and died a shameful death just as a requirement for man redemption, he payed this price once and for all that whosever would just believe in him for salvation would be saved, but yet humanity till date still reject God's only means of reconcilliating with man which is through the blood of Jesus, what other sacrifice do you expect God to pay in other to save humanity other than the one he has already made?
God save those who still dont believe!

2 Likes

Re: I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by thehomer: 3:25pm On Jun 30, 2012
Thank you.

Good luck with that. Intelligent answers and superior arguments? You'll be searching for a long time.
Re: I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jun 30, 2012
Hello i am glad i stumbled into this post on Nairaland and i believe that you have done a great job at telling us what you think and how it affects you and where your fears comes from and how much more you intend to hit against the religion called Christianity...

I am first and foremost not here to tell you to quit ypu believe and automatically become a christian and just like that you will start enjoying the fruits of the sopirit... nanananananan I am here to considerable tell you and prove to you that you spirit is yearning for something beyond your human understanding and it does not take a logical mind to satisfy the spirit within us and there is no logical explanation to the things of the spirit. Even when Christ was with us, he did the best he could in explaning the spiritual realm and the heart of the father to us in his parables and there is no way he equated them but he simply used the word, like...

Before i can go on with this thread, i must be certain that you understand that the spiritual realm is for the spirit and our God who breathed spirit in us will expect us to worship him truthfully in our spirit not in our acts of worship like we do in many sanctuaries or places of worship. The tru worship is not in the act but in the intent...

Now why did the prince of peace has to come upon us and live with us? Why did he has to leave his wonderful peace realm of the kingdom of heaven where he can simply get what he wants by saying the word and decided to experience the world anmongst men? that is not what logics can explain to you but what your spirit can relate with his spirit and a proper wisdom will entaiol.

What is the Holy spirit? hahahahahahah. I am amazed you still needed answer to that question. If the Bible were written by men of God, of whose inspirations were they written? Every biblical epistles were intended for a group of believers at one time and now the Lord God has used his spirit to ensure his secrets are well hidden within his words and it takes only the spirit to reveal those secrets to you no matter how inyelligent or smart you might think you are...

Let your mind be alert and the will of the Lord be done in your life. Do not allow callous mindset take you away from an awareness that you did nit create but has driven you to start this forum. Be wise in consuming all details and information you come accross but what makes a christian is the fact that the holy spirit never left even after Christ died and ressurrected from the grave, he ensured that we have the holy spirit because without the holy spirit we will surely not have been able to uphold the believe and wisdom of Christ till this very age.
Re: I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jun 30, 2012
joe4christ: But every negative thing you see today is born of human dissobidience as a result of sin in the garden of eden,

So do you think it's justice for the entirety of mankind to suffer every negative thing on earth because two people sinned in the garden of Eden?
Why make innocent people suffer for their crimes?
joe4christ:
and God created man so he could have someone like him to fellowship with,
How can God who you believe is Almighty, have needs?
How can he be in need of someone to fellowship with in the first place?
joe4christ:
you can imagine a king investing so much find into the invention of cyborg in his own form and image that he can commune with and share his thought with but when man sinned man was automatically by the law of spiritual connection which is perfect unlike the laws of nature which could be twisted requires that man be immidiately seperated from God cos the eyes of God cannot behold iniquity, he is holy, that is his nature, man was doomed for destruction cos God told he the day he eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil that day man would die and return to the dust he came from

Ok, so why was a new set of creatures that were beyond committing sins not created? Or why were the sinners themselves not forgiven and transformed to creatures that were perfect and sinless instead of dooming them to destruction because of one sin? One would think that a father would love his children too much to condemn them to eternal damnation instead of just forgiving them.

joe4christ:
the death means spiritual death, meaning seperation from God the source of life himself which results to eternal death which is the second death in hell.
But God was not pleased with the fate of man cos he so much love man and want to commune with his creature (Man) so the godhead strategised means of saving man whose spiritual requirement is that someone who is holy without any blemish must have to pay the full price for the sins of humanity to be able to redeem humanity, so Jesus being the fullness of the Godhead bodilly payed the price by sacrificing himself die a shameful death hunged on the cross stripped nak*d and beathen beyond recognistion and died a shameful death just as a requirement for man redemption, he payed this price once and for all that whosever would just believe in him for salvation would be saved, but yet humanity till date still reject God's only means of reconcilliating with man which is through the blood of Jesus, what other sacrifice do you expect God to pay in other to save humanity other than the one he has already made?

Story.

Jesus was God in body?
Then are you saying God committed suicide?
Re: I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by gbadexy(m): 4:46pm On Jun 30, 2012
@ toba
You don't seem to have a good comprehension level.
I'm asking you questions about holy spirit and the status of adam and eve, you are going on about Jesus christ's method of preaching and Muhammad. Muhammad preached peacefully and only defended his people when attacked.
Toba don't digress from the topic, read my original questions and address them.
I don't seem to get even the closest explanation, what you people are postulating goes both ways, how are you sure that it is the other way round when logic is removed.
One thing I know is that God Almighty is infact a too logical God.
The planet was made logically that it can rotate day and night by facing the sun and moving away from it. The planet we stay cannot be measured in terms of weight, but he made the space to be vacuum that can support any weight. He even gave use atmosphere to prevent the gasses in the earth from escaping to space, insulate the earth by trapping the heat during the day to prevent freezing space temperature at night, He gave us ozone layer to absorb excess sun. Check out the human body, the blood circulatory system with logical plumbing, the eyes just like in man made camera, the mechanism of earing just like telephone call by sound wave vibrating on the ear membrane at equal frequency, the kidney that does filtration, the birds flying by downward displacement of air.
If I am chanced, I can go land on, believe me. The fact is that all natural process have an established and logical pattern that scientists can relate with. He just didn't create a big ball to be and day and night just appear and disappear, or the eyes and ears can just be seeing. All natural process are logical and can be studied and understood logically to be replicated in man made products.
So if you are telling me that one can't understand these question logically, its trying to hoodwink.
Please read the Quran, it explains reasonably in way that you can relate with without ambiguity or mystery.
I sincerely want a challenging, convincing and reasonable explanations that I can relate with.
P.s no quoting from any Holy books.
Re: I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jun 30, 2012
You don't seem to have good comprehension level.
I'm asking you questions about holy spirit and the status of adam and eve, you are going on about Jesus christ method of preaching and Muhammad. Muhammad preached peacefully and only defended his people when attacked.
Toba don't digress the topic, read my original questions and address them.
I don't seem to get even the closest explanation, what you people are postulation goes both ways, how are you that it is the other way round when logic is removed.
The planet was made logically that it can rotate day and night by facing the sun and moving away from it. The planet we stay cannot be measured in terms of weight, but he made the space to be vacuum that can support any weight. He even gave use atmosphere to prevent the gasses in the earth from escaping to space, insulate the earth by trapping the heat during the day to prevent freezing space temperature at night, He gave us ozone layer to absorb excess sun. Check out the human body, the blood circulatory system with logical plumbing, the eyes just like in man made camera, the mechanism of earing just like telephone call by sound wave vibrating on the ear membrane at equal frequency, the kidney that does filtration, the birds flying by downward displacement of air.
If I am chanced, I can go all time, believe me. The fact is that all natural process have an established and logical pattern that scientists can relate with. He just didn't create a big ball to be and day and night just appear and disappear, or the eyes and ears can just be seeing. All natural process are logical and can be studied and understood logically to be replicated in man made products.
So if you are telling me that one can't understand these question logically is trying to hoodwink.
Please read the Quran, it explains reasonably in way that you can relate with without ambiguous or mystery.
I sincerely want a challenging and convincing, reasonable explanations that I can relate with.
Maybe u dont understand the question u are asking. U want to convert to christianity if u are convinced r can be convinced that christianity stands better than Islam.

This i've done. we cant talk about both beliefs without dissecting the founders of both by the messages they preached and life style etc.

Hope u got the gist. like i said a christian is from christ(-ian) i have to start by telling u whose teaching u need to follow
Re: I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by Malawian(m): 5:40pm On Jun 30, 2012
If you have doubts about your present religion, then you dont need another reason. He who fails to seek out the truth, burdens himself with guilt. - Ab du rushin.
Re: I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 30, 2012
Malawian: If you have doubts about your present religion, then you dont need another reason. He who fails to seek out the truth, burdens himself with guilt. - Ab du rushin.
are u a grail messenger?
Re: I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by Malawian(m): 6:33pm On Jun 30, 2012
toba.:
are u a grail messenger?
naaa, i am a roman catholic but my elder bros is a grail messanger so i have read most of their literatures. @O.P, there can be no doubts. Either you believe completely or you dont believe at all.
Re: I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 30, 2012
Malawian: naaa, i am a roman catholic but my elder bros is a grail messanger so i have read most of their literatures. @O.P, there can be no doubts. Either you believe completely or you dont believe at all.
ok.

i listen to radio programmes of the grail message and i must confess, im really impressed.

they tend to believe in the bible God cos when pple call in to the audience participatory section, they answer biblical questions
Re: I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by gbadexy(m): 7:11pm On Jun 30, 2012
So you don't have comprehensive answer to my initial questions! Good luck.
@toba, I don't blame you or begrudge you, we are practicing what we were born into and like I said earlier, its based on dogma. You know deep down of you that you are digressing. I'm not asking of comparison between Jesus and Muhammad, I specifically asked about christianity and trinity in particular. Assume I'm not a muslim, answer my initial questions. You are not relating with a low I.Q person. Address the question or hush.
Have a nice day all.
BTW, I'm not doubting my religion, I just want to keep an open mind and see if there is a better alternative.
I don't know if you are all good people, but you are good adherent of your faith.
May the Almighty have mercy on us all and guide us to His path and guide us to do what pleases Him.
Re: I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jun 30, 2012
Im not digressing. I pressume u have a motive to ridicule but honestly if u have an open mind, i may be ur guest
Re: I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by joe4christ(m): 8:43pm On Jun 30, 2012
You don't seem to have good comprehension level.
I'm asking you questions about holy spirit and the status of adam and eve, you are going on about Jesus christ method of preaching and Muhammad. Muhammad preached peacefully and only defended his people when attacked.
Toba don't digress the topic, read my original questions and address them.
I don't seem to get even the closest explanation, what you people are postulation goes both ways, how are you that it is the other way round when logic is removed.
If I am chanced, I can go all time, believe me. The fact is that all natural process have an established and logical pattern that scientists can relate with. He just didn't create a big ball to be and day and night just appear and disappear, or the eyes and ears can just be seeing. All natural process are logical and can be studied and understood logically to be replicated in man made products.
So if you are telling me that one can't understand these question logically is trying to hoodwink.
Please read the Quran, it explains reasonably in way that you can relate with without ambiguous or mystery.
I sincerely want a challenging and convincing, reasonable explanations that I can relate with.

You know all this and you're still asking questions? I've told you before, you can never find the true God by logic, nature itself only testifies of his supremacy and existing wonders, but i must tell you that those that must come to this God must come to him by faith cos without faith no man can please him.
Goodluck on your findings, but i can assure you that trying to find God logically would only get you more confused.
Re: I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by esere826: 11:41pm On Jun 30, 2012
Like most people in the world, we just want to worship our creator, simple. Most religions preach dogma where you don't question but just accept on faith so most people remain in the religion they were born into......BLAH,.............BLAH, .............BLAH...................I don't want quotes from the Bible as answers, any verse or quote can be twisted by anybody to give a million different interpretation and meaning. I expect logical answers.
Thank you.

LOL

My friend, u've asked a pertinent question. Unfortunately, most 'religions' and their followers avoid (or don't ascribe to) rational logic, so don't expect much response, or at least logical ones, even from me

However, i think u've done urself a whole lot of good by starting out on this quest. If God is as mighty and yet granular as we say he his, then this can't be too small or big a question for him to answer.

With the same zeal burning in your heart, simply ask him/her. Something like this, "God, whoever you are, please share it with me".

He'll come for you. This i'm perfectly sure of.
Re: I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by olasesi(m): 5:42am On Jul 01, 2012
toba.:

whose teachings encourages you to love ur killers?

islam is a religion of justice as it is evident from the practical solutions it presents to societal problems, according to every issue its due attention....
.........why then should someone think loving ones killer is reasonable ............
some people have the ardent desire to commit evil and go beyond bounds and the most reasonable way to deal with such situation is with justice. PUNISH the offenders and COMPENSATE the wronged. this way the situation is more contained, the wronged feel less oppressed and other intending crime committers are discouraged, not praying and expecting miracles or giving enemies a pat on the back...........ISLAM IS NOT SHY TO SAY THIS.

......so when ALLAH said he was kind, he meant that he was kind to the gentle, obedient, loyal, just and the PEACE LOVING but violent to the MURDERERS, FORNICATORS, SLANDERERS and bringers of all kinds of VIOLENCE...............a most reasonable ideology for a good justice system.....

@toba.......
unfortunately, the legal system of ur country adopts the same approach.
.....we hear them say "he who lives by the sword dies by the sword" or "an eye for an eye"...etc......

arguably, the above quote doesn't seem practicable i.e loving ones enemies...

in an attempt of the above to be too kind by appealing to our emotions "LOVING ur enemies", it rather proved foolish "loving ur ENEMIES...

IMAGINE........let all BOKO HARAM members in custody be set free and given 25Million naira as a sign of care and love..it should also be known that every wife and girlfriend owner shall let go off their wives and girlfriends for the BOKO HARAMIST so that the whole world might see that we LOVE our enemies.......(certainly not my own GIRLFRIEND)...

so Mr OP, if u are to choose based on "loving ones killer" theory, i guess you know what to choose now.
Re: I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by olasesi(m): 5:59am On Jul 01, 2012
toba.:
buhaaaaaaaaaaaaha

there lies ur ans. Jesus didnt personally fought any battle. So its better to follow a gentle man

NO, it is better to follow a man who would fight so that people are inclined to JUSTICE...
......besides, Muslims follow the Jesus of the Quran not that of the bible....
Re: I Need A Superior Argument To Convert To Christianity by gbadexy(m): 7:38am On Jul 01, 2012
^^^
I appreciate your reasonable and candid response to the questions toba asked.
To also use his word against him, Gautama budha was just a guy with some good philosophy but warped spiritual ideology (according to me). So if we all were to base our choice of religion by the kind of person the founder his, then we would all be practicing Buddhism, because the man abhored violence to a fault including not killing and eating of animals, celibacy, and living in a humble way without interest in worldly things.
So toba, your argument lacks merit; not as if Muhammad was a violent man, rather a just man. The first converts into islam did so willingly and even sacrificed their properties and families to flee to medina when persecuted. The host community he and his follower seeked refuge all converted willingly to Islam because of his character, and when he marched into macca after repelling many attacks from the tribal chiefs army ( who saw Islam as a threat to their economical benefit of their pagan ways of life, by taxing for gods) he, muhammad ordered his followers not to harm a soul and forgave all that persecuted him and his followers, needless to say, that singular act was what won the heart of meccans and they all voluntarily accepted Islam.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jesus Christ, God The Son. Holy Ghost, God The Spirit. / Christians, Do You Believe In Human Sacrifice? / Why Christians Are The Most Evil Sect On Earth Above All Religions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.