Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program (21084 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / Canada federal skilled workersProgram, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program by gel03: 7:58pm On Aug 08, 2012
I truly love the arguments going on this thread.. it has made my love for canada increase by over 100%.. canada here i come as soon as our PR visa comes out.. i am not going to canada for greener pastures but to live a life of value and for the sake of my kids... i need a future for my kids. Nigeria has failed us by the kind of leaders we have... Imagine what it means in my situation where my dad is the one that got i and my brothers job including my husband sef after marriage... How e for be without the man? Abeg i am fed up with the way naija is going and no matter how some people try to paint canada bad, CANADA HERE I COME.....

GBAM.
Re: Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program by Nobody: 1:28pm On Aug 09, 2012
solomonwis:

@lario3,you can try out the Australian Skill select program out if it makes sense to you
http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/

Make sure you go through the requirements before you set out to apply
Actually my mind is set on Canada,just that i am considering the best way to package myself so that i increase my chances,I am even trying to learn french to aid my application, because I am fairly good at picking up languages.My experience is from nysc(studied Biochem and My experience was as a science teacher) and I am self employed, so I am considering the option of the investor program if I can make the required amount before the time of application( though its quite a lot of money),Unmarried chap so I guess that also worked against me making the required points in the former format requested by cic, so I am looking forward to seeing the new rules if it tilts the scales in my direction.
Re: Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program by solomonwis(m): 10:25am On Aug 22, 2012
For those still looking up to applying for the FSWP of the Canadian Government, they have finally released information as to the outlook of the new immigration program...If you are interested you can read up the below:

The following table outlines the proposed amendments to the FSWC points system.

Current Points
System Grid

Proposed Changes

First Official Language:

Maximum 16 points

No official language ability required

First Official Language:

Maximum 24 points

New Mandatory Minimum

Basic

Approx. CLB/NCLC 4 or 5

Minimum threshold in all abilities

Initially set at CLB/NCLC 7

1 pt per ability to max. of 2

4 pts per ability

Understands the main points and important details of a conversation and can write routine business correspondence; able to participate in small group discussions and express opinions and reservations about a topic.

Moderate

Approx. CLB/NCLC 6 or 7

Threshold + 1 CLB/NCLC level

2 pts per ability

5 pts per ability

CLB/NCLC 8

Understands technical conversations and reading material in their line of work; asks questions, analyzes and compares information in order to make decisions.

High

CLB/NCLC 8 +

Threshold + 2 or more CLB/NCLC levels

4 pts per ability

6 pts per ability

CLB/NCLC 9

Participates in business meetings and debates; understands a broad range of general and abstract topics; writes formal and informal notes and summary documents.

Second Official Language:

Maximum 8 points

Second Official Language:

Maximum 4 points
CLB/NCLC 5 in all abilities

Maximum 10 points

Maximum 12 points

21 to 49 yrs

18 to 35 yrs

20 or 50 yrs

36 yrs

19 or 51 yrs

37 yrs

18 or 52 yrs

Less one point per year

17 or 53 yrs

46 yrs

<17 or >53 yrs

47 and over

Work Experience:

Maximum 21 points

Work Experience:

Maximum 15 points

1 yr

1 yr

2 yrs

2–3 yrs

3 yrs

4–5 yrs

4+ yrs

6+ yrs

Education:

Maximum 25 points

Education:

Maximum 25 points

Points will be awarded based on an assessment of educational credentials by a designated organization, indicating the foreign educational credential’s equivalent in Canada.

Master’s or Doctoral level (+17 yrs)

Doctoral level

Two or more credentials at the bachelor’s level OR 3-year post-secondary credential (+15 yrs)

Master’s level or professional degree

Bachelor’s (2 years or more) OR 2-year post-secondary credential (+14 yrs)

Two or more post-secondary credentials, one of which is a three-year or longer post-secondary credential

Bachelor’s (1 year) OR 1-year post-secondary credential (+13 yrs)

Three-year or longer post-secondary credential

One-year post-secondary credential (+12 yrs)

Two-year post-secondary credential

Secondary school

One-year post-secondary credential

Secondary school not completed

Secondary school

Arranged Employment:

10 points

Arranged Employment:

10 points

In order to receive points for arranged employment, applicants will need to have a LMO from HRSDC, plus an indeterminate job offer. In some cases, applicants will be LMO exempt and will only require the indeterminate job offer. New measures, including introducing a labour market assessment and genuineness elements in the regulations, are expected to increase program integrity, improve labour market responsiveness, and streamline processing for employers.

Adaptability:

Maximum 10 points

Adaptability:

Maximum 10 points

Spousal/partner education

PA Previous Work in Canada (min. 1 yr at NOC 0, A, B)

Previous Study in Canada PA or spouse/partner

Or a combination of…

Previous study in Canada — PA

Previous Work in Canada PA or spouse/partner

Previous study in Canada — accompanying spouse/partner

Relative in Canada

Previous work in Canada — accompanying spouse/partner

Arranged Employment

Arranged employment

Revised:

Rel. in Canada (18 years or over)

Added:

Accompanying spouse/partner’s official language (CLB/NCLC 4)

Eliminated:

Accompanying spouse/ Partner education

3 to 5

Pass mark

Pass mark

The proposed amendments would not alter the number of FSW visas issued annually. Annual levels set by CIC and approved by Parliament specify a limit on the number of immigrants admitted to Canada each year under the FSWC.

(b) New dedicated skilled trades class

The new FSTC would be open to skilled tradespersons with experience in the following NOC B occupational areas: Industrial, Electrical and Construction Trades; Maintenance and Equipment Operation Trades; Supervisors and Technical Occupations in Natural Resources, Agriculture and Related Production; Processing, Manufacturing and Utilities Supervisors and Central Control Operators; as well as Chefs and Cooks, and Bakers and Butchers.

Applicants to the proposed program would be required to meet four minimum requirements:

A qualifying offer of employment from up to two employers in Canada of at least one year duration (see footnote 14) or a Certificate of Qualification from a provincial or territorial Apprenticeship Authority;
Language proficiency, as evidenced by a test from a designated language testing organization that demonstrates the applicant’s abilities in the requisite skill areas meet the threshold set by the Minister in all four language abilities (speaking, reading, writing, oral comprehension);
Twenty-four months of work experience (after qualification/certification in the country where the work was performed, where applicable) in the same skilled trade in the last five years; and
Qualifications that satisfy employment requirements as described by the NOC, except for certification and licensing requirements, which are difficult to obtain outside Canada.

The requirement to have a job offer for one year is in recognition of the project-based and seasonal nature of many trade occupations. Allowing up to two employers to commit to employing the applicant for at least one year of continuous full-time employment is intended to allow flexibility for the employers, while ensuring that the applicant is gainfully employed for the first year after arrival. This work experience could assist the applicant in meeting certification requirements, if required, and would provide him/her with important Canadian work experience, which is key to economic success.

Apprenticeship training and trade certification is a provincial/ territorial jurisdiction; each province/territory is responsible for designating trades in their jurisdiction and for setting the certification requirements. The Interprovincial Standards Red Seal Program (see footnote 15) covers approximately 81% of registered apprentices in Canada. Where provinces/territories participate in the Red Seal trades, common interprovincial standards and examinations exist. However, there are many trades where common standards do not exist. Furthermore, provincial and territorial authorities vary on which skilled trades require certification (compulsory trades) and which do not (voluntary trades).

A Certificate of Qualification by a province/territory apprenticeship authority is the best way to ensure the applicant’s ability to perform the work, and to ensure that the applicant is authorized to work in his/her intended province or territory of residence. It is also a likely predictor of employability, interprovincial labour mobility and long-term labour market integration. However, because of the difficulty of meeting some of the Canadian requirements (which may include Canadian work experience) prior to arrival in Canada, applicants could alternatively provide a qualifying job offer.

To qualify for this program, a qualifying job offer is especially suitable for the voluntary (unregulated) trades, where provincial or territorial certification and licensing are not required. The employment offer is considered to be recognition by an employer of the applicant’s ability to perform the work.

Employers could also offer jobs to skilled tradespersons in the compulsory trades, and employers and employees would have the responsibility of observing the regulations in their province or territory. In compulsory trades, tradespersons must either have the appropriate certification or be registered as apprentices. Therefore, employers must support candidates in obtaining the required Certificate of Qualification in their province/territory, or register them as apprentices during a qualification assessment period until they are certified.

As with the FSWC, given the importance of language as a determinant of successful economic establishment and to ensure that health and safety standards are upheld, applicants would need to meet a language threshold determined by the Minister for each of the four language abilities (speaking, reading, writing, oral comprehension). As with the FSWC, the Regulations would require the Minister to communicate that threshold publicly. Initially, the threshold is anticipated to be set at CLB/NCLC 5 for all four abilities (speaking, oral comprehension, reading and writing).

The applicant’s likelihood to economically establish in a skilled trade would be further verified by requiring them to have at least 24 months of recent work experience in the same skilled trade occupation as their job offer and/or the provincial/territorial certificate of qualification. The work experience must have been obtained after qualification/certification in the country where the work was performed, where applicable. For this purpose, the applicant must have performed a substantial number of the main duties listed in the description of the occupation set out in the NOC, which means, as with the FSWC, that they have performed the essential duties of the occupation. Furthermore, the applicant would be required to demonstrate that they meet the employment requirements for that skilled trade as described by NOC, except for certification and licensing requirements that are difficult to obtain outside Canada.

As with the FSWC, the Regulations would also enable officers to substitute their evaluation if they determine that the applicant’s ability to meet or not the minimum requirements of the class is not a sufficient indicator of whether the skilled worker may become economically established in Canada.

(c) Modification to the Canadian Experience Class

The proposal would also simplify the CEC to facilitate the transition to permanent resident status of temporary foreign skilled workers who have demonstrated that they can be employed in Canada, and to better align the CEC with other economic immigration programs that require less work experience (e.g. provincial nominee programs). (see footnote 16)

The Canadian work experience requirement would be reduced from 24 months to 12 in the preceding 36 months, to allow faster transition for those who have already proven their employability in Canada’s labour market. Accumulating 12 months of authorized work within the preceding 36 is more flexible for applicants working in Canada under international agreements (e.g. International Experience Canada). Only applicants with NOC 0, A or B work experience would continue to qualify for the CEC.

The CEC regulations currently allow applicants to compensate for a lower level in one language ability with a higher level in another, resulting in a process that is complicated and confusing for both applicants and visa officers. In researching the introduction of language thresholds to the FSWC, CIC’s panel of language experts and designated third-party language testing agencies strongly recommended applying the threshold across all four abilities (reading, writing, oral comprehension and speaking). Accordingly, it is proposed that a minimum language threshold would be required in each of the four abilities for applicants to the CEC. As with the FSWC, the proposed Regulations would grant the Minister the authority to set the language threshold. Initially, it is anticipated that the threshold would be set at CLB/NCLC 7, which corresponds to having “adequate intermediate proficiency” in speaking, oral comprehension, reading and writing for NOC 0 and A applicants and CLB/NCLC 5, or “initial intermediate” proficiency in each ability for NOC B applicants.
6. Regulatory and non-regulatory options considered

The IRPA gives the Governor in Council the power to adopt regulations prescribing selection criteria and their weight for economic immigration. The proposed amendments to the IRPR are necessary to design the economic immigration programs to meet Canada’s changing economic needs.

Various options for the regulatory changes to the FSWC were considered along a continuum, first starting with changes to the language, age and work experience factors. As a result of evidence garnered from the program evaluation, and feedback received through consultations, more comprehensive changes to all of the selection factors in the FSWC were developed to better assess applicants according to Canada’s economic needs. Options were incremental, each pushing further in terms of degree of change and becoming more stringent.

The minimal option for changes to the FSWC would have added minimum language requirements, differentiated by skill level (reading, writing, oral comprehension and speaking) without changing the point structure of the selection grid. Language competency was considered one of the most critical areas requiring change, as supported by evidence.

Adding modest changes to points for language, age, and work experience would help refine the grid to put weight where it counts in the labour market, and select applicants that are younger and have strong language proficiency. A rectification to the system of counting both years of education and having foreign educational credentials was proposed at consultations as a means of helping technicians and skilled tradespersons to qualify for the FSWC. Although the intent was supported by stakeholders, CIC was urged to make more profound changes to the education factor.

More aggressive point changes were considered; they would have reduced work experience points by half, thereby giving even more weight to age and language.

The introduction of mandatory foreign education credential assessment was determined to be the most effective way for awarding education points rather than using years of study as a proxy for an international credential’s value in Canada.

Finally, the inclusion of the FSTC would provide a selection mechanism better suited to skilled tradespersons, as well as mitigate the barriers they would likely face in the new FSWC points grid.

The option retained included all of the above variables, thus the regulatory amendments would

Update the FSWC selection grid to
(i) rebalance the points among existing criteria,

(ii) introduce mandatory language thresholds,

(iii) require an educational credential assessment by a designated organization, in order to allot points based on a foreign educational credential’s value in Canada and to better screen out fraudulent or “low-value” credentials, and

(iv) streamline the arranged employment process and reduce the potential for fraudulent job offers under the arranged employment factor;
Introduce a new FSTC to mitigate barriers to the entry of skilled tradespersons to Canada, in response to labour market needs; and
Ease the transition to permanent residence of TFWs who are economically established in Canada by reducing the CEC work experience requirement for the TFW stream.

By making changes to the FSWC and creating the FSTC, the proposed options include measures to better select skilled workers who have the skills and abilities demonstrated to more quickly integrate into the labour market once they arrive in Canada. Changes to the CEC mean that those who are working in Canada would be able to stay more easily, which would benefit both applicants and employers. As a whole, this regulatory package would assist in creating a better fit between skilled workers selected for permanent residence and the needs of the labour market.

The changes that are considered incremental to the baseline and for which impacts are measured are

The impact of modifications to the points grid on the average profile of a skilled worker. These changes include a minimum language threshold, education credentials that are assessed to provide a Canadian equivalent prior to selection, and new processes for those with arranged employment.
The introduction of a new federal skilled trades class for workers with NOC B experience in the following occupational areas: industrial, electrical and construction trades; maintenance and equipment operation trades; supervisors and technical occupations in natural resources, agriculture and related production; processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators; as well as the occupations of chefs, cooks, bakers and butchers. The proposed program would have four minimum requirements that must be met:
An offer of employment for at least one year or a certificate of qualification from a provincial or territorial authority;
Language proficiency, as evidenced by a test from a designated language testing agency to meet a threshold as set by the Minister in all four language abilities;
Twenty-four months of skilled work experience (after qualification/certification) in the same qualifying skilled trades occupation in the last five years; and
Qualification — satisfy employment requirements as described by the NOC aside from licensing/certification requirements which cannot be met outside of Canada.
The ability for some to apply under the CEC after one year rather than two years of work experience in Canada at NOC 0, A or B.

7. Benefits and costs

The table below provides an overview of the cost-benefit analysis study results. The analysis period is 10 years, starting in 2013 and ending in 2022. All costs and benefits are forecast over that period and are expressed in constant dollars. All costs and benefits in net present values (NPV) were calculated using a discount rate of 7%.

Based on the analysis of incremental impacts of these regulatory proposals, the total estimated cost is approximately $8.3 million (NPV) and the total monetized benefits is $146.2 million (NPV), resulting in a net benefit of $138 million over the analysis period, or an average of $13.8 million per year. In addition to the monetized impacts, there are qualitative benefits, which include

improved economic outcomes for FSWC principal applicants with corollary benefits to the Canadian economy as a result of changes to the selection grid, which would increase the value of the average skilled worker’s skills to the labour market;
increased number of skilled tradespersons entering the labour market, resulting in an economic benefit to employers who would be able to better access the type of skilled labour they need;
improved integrity in the arranged employment factor, which is expected to reduce fraudulent job offers by introducing a labour market assessment; and
retention of established temporary foreign skilled workers by modifying the Canadian Experience Class to ease the transition to permanent residence for qualified temporary residents with skilled Canadian work experience who have a demonstrated ability to economically establish themselves in Canada.

Qualitative costs may include a possible impact on provincial and territorial apprenticeship authorities, which may face a potential increase in the number of skilled tradespersons arriving in Canada, as potential applicants already working temporarily in Canada and newcomers with arranged employment seek provincial/territorial certification in designated trades. Possible impacts could include impacts on applicants, should wait times for certification lengthen, and a potential cost to provinces and territories, should this impact occur and they respond with increased investments in the certification process.

Read up for more on http://gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2012/2012-08-18/html/reg2-eng.html
Re: Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 22, 2012
@ solomonwis Thank you very much Sir for bringing this information to our notice, from my estimation am already on 67 points with the new regulations before adding a partner's language proficiency.
Re: Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program by solomonwis(m): 4:48pm On Dec 14, 2012
I think it is necessary to bring to the house an update on the Canadian Immigration program currently undergoing restructuring. Here is the latest

[b]New Federal Skilled Trades Stream to Begin Accepting Applications on January 2, 2013

Mississauga, December 10, 2012 — To address Canada’s growing demand for skilled tradespersons, a new Federal Skilled Trades Program is being launched on January 2, 2013, Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney announced today.

“The new Skilled Trades Stream will help address serious labour shortages in some regions of the country, and support economic growth,” Minister Kenney said. “For too long, Canada’s immigration system has not been open to these in-demand skilled workers. These changes are long overdue and will help us move to a fast and flexible immigration system that works for Canada’s economy.”

The program criteria are built around four requirements that ensure applicants will have the right skills and experience needed to succeed here in Canada. In order to qualify, applicants will need to:

have an offer of employment in Canada or a certificate of qualification from a province or territory to ensure that applicants are “job ready” upon arrival;
meet a basic language requirement;
have a minimum of two years of work experience as a skilled tradesperson, to ensure that the applicant has recent and relevant practice as a qualified journeyman; and
have the skills and experience that match those set out in the National Occupational Classification (NOC B) system, showing that they have performed the essential duties of the occupation.
In order to manage intake, avoid backlogs and ensure fast processing times, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will accept up to a maximum of 3,000 applications in the first year of the Federal Skilled Trades Program.

Minister Kenney was joined at today’s announcement by Michael Atkinson, President of the Canadian Construction Association. “The introduction of a dedicated and streamlined program for skilled trades addresses many of the shortcomings from the current Federal Skilled Worker Program,” said Michael Atkinson. “The new program ensures greater consideration is given to the needs of industry when processing eligible immigration applications.”

“Ensuring Canada’s immigration system works for small employers in need of skilled trades’ people has been a concern for some time,” said Dan Kelly, President and CEO of the Canadian Federation of Independent Business. “With the shortage of qualified labour in many parts of Canada growing once again, the launch of the Skilled Trades immigration stream is very welcome news.”

Eligible occupations will include electricians, welders, heavy-duty equipment mechanics, and pipefitters, among others. CIC is currently working with the provinces, territories and federal government partners on the list of skilled trades’ occupations that are experiencing acute labour shortages and which will qualify under the program. This list will be announced prior to the program opening on January 2, 2013.

The Federal Skilled Trades Program will complement other avenues already in place for skilled tradespersons to immigrate to Canada, such as the Canadian Experience Class and Provincial Nominee Programs.

“As promised in Economic Action Plan 2012, we are creating a new immigration stream to facilitate entry of skilled tradespersons,” added Minister Kenney. “The Federal Skilled Trades Program will help transform Canada’s immigration system into a fast and flexible system focused on jobs, growth and long-term prosperity.”[/b]

Souce:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-12-10.asp
Re: Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program by ronald2g1(m): 10:53am On Dec 15, 2012
Well am not an expert but after viewing evryones opinions I belive this lies to one thing only... Choice! Thesame nigeria where there ain no job some r makin millions likewise same abroad some are sayin its hardlife also some are making money. But statistics have shown that about 70% nigerians that study abroad gets job after graduation and start a normal average life in abroad wivout needin to knw chairman or chairlady abroad just with certification but in nigeria we all know its not easy to get a job wivout knowin sum1 and no matter your qualification, let me explain when a country is listed as most corrupt, it simply means the country is rich, hv money but the money doesn't go into investments that indirectly helps it citizens instead its being pocketed and banked by their officials. As for me I will choose abroad, rather than being paid 50k to 100k I will go abroad and collect less because in abroad u dnt worry abt buyin latest car, about not using the latest bb, about the hot workin conditions, with 80k abroad(just sayin buh pay is more for a grad) yeah what if I get a credit that allows me to buy a mortage n own a home, allows me to buy a good car n pay over a period because in the end while payin lil by lil I will be usin d oda cash to buy a land in naija, build a house in naija feed ma mamma in naija and over it all I would hv killed two birds wiv a stone, ahome in niger and a home abroad!
Re: Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program by omowise85: 11:55am On Dec 17, 2012
Olodostein: Oh yeah, great news. Kudos Canada.

Atleast, this will make our so called graduated "economic migrant" to think something out for themselves or better yet Revolt against their government instead of running away at the slightest hint for already made pie.

Business,study and tourism purposes sounds more reasonable.
. You don't get d message right go back and read again
Re: Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program by solomonwis(m): 10:03pm On Dec 19, 2012
New Federal Skilled Worker Program to accept applications beginning May 4, 2013

Ottawa, December 19, 2012 — The new selection system for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) will take effect on May 4, 2013 at which time the program will re-open for applications, Citizenship, Immigration, and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney announced today.

“The government’s number one priority remains jobs, economic growth, and long-term prosperity,” said Minister Kenney. “The new Federal Skilled Worker Program criteria will ensure Canada is selecting the skilled immigrants our economy needs, who are the most likely to succeed and fully realize their potential in Canada.”

The improvements to the FSWP points grid are based on a large body of research which has consistently shown that language proficiency and youth are two of the most important factors in the economic success of immigrants.

The final changes to the FSWP selection criteria include:

Minimum official language thresholds and increased points for official language proficiency, making language the most important factor in the selection process;
Increased emphasis on younger immigrants, who are more likely to acquire valuable Canadian experience, are better positioned to adapt to changing labour market conditions, and who will spend a greater number of years contributing to Canada’s economy;
Introduction of the Educational Credential Assessment (ECA), so that education points awarded reflect the foreign credential’s true value in Canada;
Changes to the arranged employment process, allowing employers to hire applicants quickly, if there is a demonstrated need in the Canadian labour market; and
Additional adaptability points for spousal language ability and Canadian work experience.
“For too long, too many immigrants to Canada have experienced underemployement and unemployment, and this has been detrimental to these newcomers and to the Canadian economy,” said Minister Kenney. “Our transformational changes to the FSWP will help ensure that skilled newcomers are able to contribute their skills fully to the economy as soon as possible. This is good for newcomers, good for the economy, and good for all Canadians.”

There are two new steps to the new selection system. First, applicants will have to demonstrate that they meet the minimum language threshold, which is level 7 of the Canadian Language Benchmark assessment system. Applicants will be able to get a language assessment from existing agencies designated by the Minister and listed on the CIC website.

Second, applicants will have their education credentials assessed prior to arriving in Canada. A list of assessment organizations designated by the Minister will be made available early in the New Year. The assessment of foreign educational credentials will provide prospective newcomers with a more realistic understanding of how their credentials compare to education standards in Canada. It will also give them the opportunity to upgrade their education prior to coming to Canada if they choose.

It is important to note that these changes will not apply to people who have applied to the FSWP prior to May 4, 2013 with a qualifying arranged job offer or under the Ph.D. stream.

As recently announced, due to the actions taken over the past months, new applications under the FSWP will be processed in a few months, rather than a few years. In order to ensure fast processing times and to avoid backlogs, the new FSWP will accept a fixed number of applications each year.

In the medium term, the Government is also moving forward to develop and implement an Expression of Interest (EOI) model, which will provide employers with access to a pool of skilled workers.

Source:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-12-19.asp
Re: Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program by solomonwis(m): 9:20am On May 04, 2013
Finally, the program has been unfrozen....unveiled. You can start sending in your application from today May 4th,2013 if your occupation fall under any of the following eligible occupation

•0211 Engineering managers
•1112 Financial and investment analysts
•2113 Geoscientists and oceanographers
•2131 Civil engineers
•2132 Mechanical engineers
•2134 Chemical engineers
•2143 Mining engineers
•2145 Petroleum engineers
•2144 Geological engineers
•2146 Aerospace engineers
•2147 Computer engineers (except software engineers/designers)
•2154 Land surveyors
•2174 Computer programmers and interactive media developers
•2243 Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics
•2263 Inspectors in public and environmental health and occupational health and safety
•3141 Audiologists and speech-language pathologists
•3142 Physiotherapists
•3143 Occupational Therapists
•3211 Medical laboratory technologists
•3212 Medical laboratory technicians and pathologists' assistants
•3214 Respiratory therapists, clinical perfusionists and cardiopulmonary technologists
•3215 Medical Radiation Technologists
•3216 Medical Sonographers
•3217 Cardiology technologists and electrophysiological diagnostic technologists

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp

Please note that only 300 people will be eligible under each eligible occupation and a total sum of 5000 application will be accepted all through the year (i.e May 2013 to April 2014)

Kindly update the forum on the timeline as well as your application proceedings.

Comments, suggestions and people with wealth of experience can share with other members of the forum.
Re: Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program by Nobody: 3:38pm On May 04, 2013
Thank you sir, I appreciate your effort in bringing this information to the forum without delay. I will make an entry when I make progress with my application.
Re: Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program by solomonwis(m): 7:10pm On May 04, 2013
@lari03

I believe we can make other people learn as we proceed.
It is better we share our experience on a new thread with the caption “Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-Timelines here”.

Thanks
Re: Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program by olajide8(m): 8:53am On May 21, 2013
Why does this sound like modern day slavery, in those days, people were taken by force to construct train tracks and labour to build dams, nowadays the option is given all you have to do is show you have skills as a labourer/artisan/technician and gbam they will give you a visa, while they would still discriminate against you, in some certain area's nah factory blue collar job you would result to all you life, while if you step up your game to become a white collar earner, the slots for you are limited, and first right of citizenship would barr you from the job.
Well all the same, if you were a mechanic, you would still live better then an average mechanic here, sha!
Re: Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program by justwise(m): 9:11am On May 21, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4)

How Can I Get Egypt Visa / 5 People You Meet At The Airport / FG To Shut Abuja Airport For 6 Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.