Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,674 members, 7,813,244 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:28 AM

"Dagrin's Documentary" Remembering His Life And Times. . - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / "Dagrin's Documentary" Remembering His Life And Times. . (8049 Views)

Remembering Dagrin: His Life, Death, Legacy / If Dagrin No Go, Olamide No Go Come – Whats Your Take On This? / Dagrin Lives On : Today Marks 2 Years Since He Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Dagrin's Documentary" Remembering His Life And Times. . by dani1luv: 1:46pm On Jun 30, 2012
Dagrin was regarded as many to what Michael Jackson was to Americans, In simple terms he is a musician who refuses to go down the path of creating copy cat music as many of the artist are doing today, instead dagrin invented his own sound and style of music (even though not from the ground up), he won the heart of many, not extremely popular on the internet but immensely famous on the streets of Nigeria (probably more popular than the internet), everything he lays his voice on becomes an instant hit, his messages were piercing and very strong, although he had his own share of the youthful exorbitance, which perhaps was a contributing factor to his ultimate death in April 2009.

Gini, A music video director created a series of short video to illustrate the life and final moments of this young legend, born to us in 1987, the documentary also exposed some of the cooperate greed, and people who wanted to make profit from his dead by commercializing it, WATCH the videos below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzkVrDT81Do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1LL2ah4EEw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciUA82vLRBA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqtkVZW6r9M

R.I.P. MAN
Re: "Dagrin's Documentary" Remembering His Life And Times. . by hydiciousb: 3:58pm On Jun 30, 2012
a.k.a LADIES IN TROUBLE!!! grin grin grin
Re: "Dagrin's Documentary" Remembering His Life And Times. . by ariyebaba(m): 3:58pm On Jun 30, 2012
Dagrin we love u . RIP
Re: "Dagrin's Documentary" Remembering His Life And Times. . by miteolu(m): 3:58pm On Jun 30, 2012
C.E.O. orun re re o

1 Like

Re: "Dagrin's Documentary" Remembering His Life And Times. . by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jun 30, 2012
R.I.P. Number 1 hustler...the street we never forget you.
Re: "Dagrin's Documentary" Remembering His Life And Times. . by damola1: 4:12pm On Jun 30, 2012
omo 9ja ni mi, 9ja lo bi mi si, 9ja ni mo ti ka ABC...
Re: "Dagrin's Documentary" Remembering His Life And Times. . by herdjerd: 4:17pm On Jun 30, 2012
Grin Baba Ooooshe Omo jo Olenu.....Miosofunyin Entertainment....ȋ̝̊̅̄ wȊ̝̊̅ℓℓ always miss u̶̲̥̅̊​ Baba

RIP Lerical Were
Re: "Dagrin's Documentary" Remembering His Life And Times. . by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jun 30, 2012
I heard this guy was drunk driving and accidentally hit an immobile tanker in the nite on his way back from the clubbing....Is it true ?

1 Like

Re: "Dagrin's Documentary" Remembering His Life And Times. . by kaze4blues(m): 4:36pm On Jun 30, 2012
RIP CEO

1 Like

Re: "Dagrin's Documentary" Remembering His Life And Times. . by samuelisiaha(m): 4:36pm On Jun 30, 2012
we miss dagrin aka executive omo ita C.E.O R.I.P ORUN IRE RE we miss dagrin aka executive omo ita C.E.O R.I.P ORUN IRE RE we miss dagrin aka executive omo ita C.E.O R.I.P ORUN IRE RE
Re: "Dagrin's Documentary" Remembering His Life And Times. . by Iveanyi: 4:36pm On Jun 30, 2012
Dagrin was a talented singer/rapper no doubt. However, there are 2 things I'd like to point out about this write up;

First of all, Lagos is not Nigeria. The writer gives the impression that the entire nation was buzzin with 'Dagrinmania' at the time of his death, which definitely was not the case.

Secondly, I get the feeling that we over-romanticize the whole Dagrin issue and in the process, miss out the moral of the story. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but Dagrin was a young rising star who was out late at night, possibly got drunk, was driving too fast and rammed into a stationary vehicle.

The Nigerian youth has a lot more to learn from this other than what the media and entertainment industry project.

May his soul rest in peace.

5 Likes

Re: "Dagrin's Documentary" Remembering His Life And Times. . by ayeakamara(m): 4:40pm On Jun 30, 2012
@OP, point of correction, Dagrin died in 2010 not 2009. RIP barrack O'grin u will always be in our heart.
Re: "Dagrin's Documentary" Remembering His Life And Times. . by linsa01(m): 4:55pm On Jun 30, 2012
Talent minus discipline= Dagrin's death.

I personally miss dis great talent.

RIP! Barak'O Grin
Re: "Dagrin's Documentary" Remembering His Life And Times. . by sizzlers(m): 5:00pm On Jun 30, 2012
una no go kill me here o!
Re: "Dagrin's Documentary" Remembering His Life And Times. . by lukecent: 5:54pm On Jun 30, 2012
R I P CEO
Re: "Dagrin's Documentary" Remembering His Life And Times. . by mutiply: 6:12pm On Jun 30, 2012
@op,hope dis doc will nt put into a disc,if it happens,i guess u or d producer of d doc want to make moni frm it too just as u accuse pple of takin advantage of his death.RIP to prince okorie and all dose who lost dier lives.God pls accept dier souls
Re: "Dagrin's Documentary" Remembering His Life And Times. . by luv2talk(m): 6:19pm On Jun 30, 2012
Check Out This Picture..

Re: "Dagrin's Documentary" Remembering His Life And Times. . by sunky644(m): 6:32pm On Jun 30, 2012
RIP guy, can't stop playing your music in my car infact my first CD space is dedicated to you. Just unfortunate you took your life untimely. Wonni oooo ni peku, and truly oooo de peku.
Re: "Dagrin's Documentary" Remembering His Life And Times. . by dotcomnamename: 6:46pm On Jun 30, 2012
If na Someone else that said what is not even equivalent to swearing here, the Mod will ban the person. See as dem dey swear here, why the mod no ban dem now? Bias too plenty for here O! grin
Re: "Dagrin's Documentary" Remembering His Life And Times. . by Orikinla(m): 6:49pm On Jun 30, 2012
The details of latest biopic on Dagrin is on https://www.nairaland.com/941033/dagrin-true-story-set-world.

Re: "Dagrin's Documentary" Remembering His Life And Times. . by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jun 30, 2012
dotcom_na_me_na_me: Of it is someone or people that does not even swear, the mop will ban them.
meaning??
Re: "Dagrin's Documentary" Remembering His Life And Times. . by fubbyy(m): 6:58pm On Jun 30, 2012
Death really make one so big, when I met dagrin at festac he wasn't this big and respected, 2 weeks later he became naija no.1 because he was no more

R.I.p the street soulja, we will always miss you, your legacy lives on
Re: "Dagrin's Documentary" Remembering His Life And Times. . by Koolking(m): 7:22pm On Jun 30, 2012
. . .barge in. Whaaaaaaaat! people still idolize mediocre? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked I better get my a$$ out

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigezie Or Kennis Music Channel: Which Is Better. / DOWNLOAD GOSPEL MIX: DJ Blueskyz – Throwback Of Ada (mix) / DOWNLOAD MUSIC : Lyta – Self Made ( Full Audio)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.