Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,537 members, 7,840,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1796593 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (705) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:20pm On Mar 28, 2013
and they have built a new road inside this new estate before new market Ekulu/Golf estates

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:18am On Mar 29, 2013
These peeps are very fast on that secretariat!!!
Menh!!! I miss coal city cry
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:39pm On Mar 29, 2013
God bless Sullivan, and May God Give Enugu state, someone better(not like ) than Sullivan. I'm so happy to see a sister state progressing. Wish i could say the same for the huge refuse dump i call my state...
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:40pm On Mar 29, 2013
INNO18: God bless Sullivan, and May God Give Enugu state, someone better(not like ) than Sullivan. I'm so happy to see a sister state progressing. Wish i could say the same for the huge refuse dump i call my state...

Where are u from?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 6:26am On Mar 30, 2013
CFCfan:

Where are u from?
Trust me you dont want to know. But i'll give you clues,if you still cant find out then you'll have to go 60 pages backward to see where i mentioned my State. 1st of all my Governor is known to be feminine in Appearance and speech. He's too stingy always saying he's saving state money for the ''Future'', when the present is noting to write home about. ''I have fixed all the roads coonecting all the communities in the state'' is one line he never gets tired of repeating. I hope you now know who i'm talking about?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 6:39am On Mar 30, 2013
INNO18: Trust me you dont want to know. But i'll give you clues,if you still cant find out then you'll have to go 60 pages backward to see where i mentioned my State. 1st of all my Governor is known to be feminine in Appearance and speech. He's too stingy always saying he's saving state money for the ''Future'', when the present is noting to write home about. ''I have fixed all the roads coonecting all the communities in the state'' is one line he never gets tired of repeating. I hope you now know who i'm talking about?

Damn! We are from the same APGA-led state.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 6:57am On Mar 30, 2013
lol.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:43pm On Apr 02, 2013
This is the road intersection between coal camp, Uwani and Agbani road, near the police detective college Enugu. They have now widened the road and did some good road markings with traffic lights for us residents to enjoy.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:57pm On Apr 02, 2013
Amokwe bus stop, Agbani road Enugu.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 11:12pm On Apr 02, 2013
more pics please
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:30pm On Apr 02, 2013
INNO18: Trust me you dont want to know. But i'll give you clues,if you still cant find out then you'll have to go 60 pages backward to see where i mentioned my State. 1st of all my Governor is known to be feminine in Appearance and speech. He's too stingy always saying he's saving state money for the ''Future'', when the present is noting to write home about. ''I have fixed all the roads coonecting all the communities in the state'' is one line he never gets tired of repeating. I hope you now know who i'm talking about?

What da Bleep is wrong with you all? You want Awka to be like Enugu city over night while our education system crumbles in ruins,while other towns remain underdeveloped,while our farmers remain poor,while industries fold up and relocate to other state. Awka might not be as beautiful as Enugu city but Anambra has made great progress and the results are there for everyone to see. The state is not in depth,school system is about to become the best in the country,if not already,farmers cant have it any better,all the towns in Anambra are liked by road,industries are trooping in to invest,there is sanity and transparence in the system,the state is financially capable of executing any project she set her sight on,without borrowing money. Dont be fooled by what you see in the pictures. All sectors are getting equal attention and the system is well balanced. Pete Obi will not finish building Anambra in 8yrs. The next guy will star where he stopped. The man has done the most important job in building a state,which is "laying a solid foundation" for the society to grow on. What else the you want this man to do? Why are you people so ignorant?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:41pm On Apr 02, 2013
asha 80: more pics please

OK, a side street in Achara layout Enugu.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:48pm On Apr 02, 2013
Another area in Achara layout, that plot with old dwarf fence is for sale, contact me if you need to inspect it.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 12:28am On Apr 03, 2013
Spyder, thanks for the updates.

The state of sanitation in Enugu metropolis is what i'm interested in at the moment.

I posted a youtube video about two months ago, and one couldn't help but notice the heaps of refuse all over the place as the camera went through Enugu. I was hoping that someone at ESWAMA would see the video and send out a crack team of street-sweepers and refuse-compactor trucks to clear it all. Now i was watching the news on monday, and there was a clip of the Enugu Catholic Bishop organizing a clean up of refuse spots in Enugu to mark Easter (i noticed they mentioned Ogbete main market and Achara layout); and he said they were doing it to help ESWAMA. I was furious at the heap of refuse allowed to pile up at the spots they were working.....it was disgusting! angry angry; and i wondered just what the fuc/k ESWAMA is doing . If the job of keeping Enugu spotless is more than the current head of ESWAMA can handle then he should tender his resignation ASAP. In saner climes, if someone isn't given the tools necessary to carry out a job, he resigns as a matter of principle before people start saying he's not capable of doing the job.

Theodore Orji of Abia may have his faults, but one thing he's doing well is keeping Umuahia clean, and Enugu can borrow a leaf from him in this regard.

So Spyder, you know what the current sanitation situation in Enugu now the the catholic church has helped ESWAMA do their job?

Thanks bros.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 12:34am On Apr 03, 2013
IGBO-SON:
Spyder, thanks for the updates.

The state of sanitation in Enugu metropolis is what i'm interested in at the moment.

I posted a youtube video about two months ago, and one couldn't help but notice the heaps of refuse all over the place as the camera went through Enugu. I was hoping that someone at ESWAMA would see the video and send out a crack team of street-sweepers and refuse-compactor trucks to clear it all. Now i was watching the news on monday, and there was a clip of the Enugu Catholic Bishop organizing a clean up of refuse spots in Enugu to mark Easter (i noticed they mentioned Ogbete main market and Achara layout); and he said they were doing it to help ESWAMA. I was furious at the heap of refuse allowed to pile up at the spots they were working.....it was disgusting! angry angry; and i wondered just what the fuc/k ESWAMA is doing . If the job of keeping Enugu spotless is more than the current head of ESWAMA can handle then he should tender his resignation ASAP. In saner climes, if someone isn't given the tools necessary to carry out a job, he resigns as a matter of principle before people start saying he's not capable of doing the job.

Theodore Orji of Abia may have his faults, but one thing he's doing well is keeping Umuahia clean, and Enugu can borrow a leaf from him in this regard.

So Spyder, you know what the current sanitation situation in Enugu now the the catholic church has helped ESWAMA do their job?

Thanks bros.

Nothing changed, the refuse dumps are overflowing at everywhere I passed, don't want to upload any repulsive pictures this night. But no, there is no improvement on the sanitation conditions in Enugu urban.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 12:57am On Apr 03, 2013
spyder880:

Nothing changed, the refuse dumps are overflowing at everywhere I passed, don't want to upload any repulsive pictures this night. But no, there is no improvement on the sanitation conditions in Enugu urban.

^^^I tire walahi! sad sad
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 1:01am On Apr 03, 2013
What of the airport? You know the current status?

When Labaran Maku did his good governance tour in January, the contractor promised that works would be finished by the end of march......we are now in april yet i'm not hearing anything undecided undecided.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 5:56am On Apr 03, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

What da Bleep is wrong with you all? You want Awka to be like Enugu city over night while our education system crumbles in ruins,while other towns remain underdeveloped,while our farmers remain poor,while industries fold up and relocate to other state. Awka might not be as beautiful as Enugu city but Anambra has made great progress and the results are there for everyone to see. The state is not in depth,school system is about to become the best in the country,if not already,farmers cant have it any better,all the towns in Anambra are liked by road,industries are trooping in to invest,there is sanity and transparence in the system,the state is financially capable of executing any project she set her sight on,without borrowing money. Dont be fooled by what you see in the pictures. All sectors are getting equal attention and the system is well balanced. Pete Obi will not finish building Anambra in 8yrs. The next guy will star where he stopped. The man has done the most important job in building a state,which is "laying a solid foundation" for the society to grow on. What else the you want this man to do? Why are you people so ignorant?
This is how people go about looking for trouble. In what part of my post did i mention Anambra or peter Obi? Bia nwokem kpacharakwa anya gi o. Offcourse i know under peter Obi Anambra has been transformed to London. Only that one needs a spiritual eye to see it, as the mortal eye cant. Your paymaster claims he has enough money to carry out any project yet so far the only visible achievements he has made is to arm every area boy with an AK47 rifle. Anambra now looks like Mexico, tnx to the ludicrous security idea of your Gov. Geez! Guy, dont even make me start what i dont want to, lest we'll derail spyders thread.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 10:10am On Apr 05, 2013
Spyder my brother, how is the airport bypass road now? Also they said the actual airport will be ready by April, what is the stage now? Anyone with latest pix, plz post immediately. We are eagerly waiting because MMA lagos is very tiresome for many.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:52pm On Apr 06, 2013
henrychubayo: Spyder my brother, how is the airport bypass road now? Also they said the actual airport will be ready by April, what is the stage now? Anyone with latest pix, plz post immediately. We are eagerly waiting because MMA lagos is very tiresome for many.

The airport link road is ongoing, its slow compared to other Sullivan projects. If business takes me to the airport I will snap more pictures of the present work status there.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAdeoye: 10:09pm On Apr 06, 2013
spyder880:

The airport link road is ongoing, its slow compared to other Sullivan projects. If business takes me to the airport I will snap more pictures of the present work status there.

Please do so. We are grateful for your pictures.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:13am On Apr 07, 2013
The next few pictures are for the viewing pleasure of a client of mine who wants to see the area he may buy his next property from, I went to One day area of Idaw river to take these pictures.

Behind one day hotel is a fast developing area where many property investors started developing since 2-3 years ago. If you came here 3 years ago nobody lives in this 'thick bush' but today it has become the residential abode for thousands of Enugu citizens. Lands in this area costs from N2.5m to N6m depending on the nearness of the plot to Agbani road.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:15am On Apr 07, 2013
A new street with new buildings springing up left and right......

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:17am On Apr 07, 2013
The long road, trust Sullivan to follow them into the bush with roads. This place is the next Achara layout waiting to happen.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Emperoh(m): 10:05pm On Apr 07, 2013
Chai!
So this is what One Day is now?
I grew up in these areas and this place was my route to Awkunanaw Boys back in the day.
And our post catechism sojourn took us thru these streets. Noce to see what development has done.

Big ups to Chime
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 3:03am On Apr 10, 2013
This is the site of the World trade center secretariat complex Enugu grin

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 3:08am On Apr 10, 2013
Due to time, I only snapped the tallest of the seven structures being built. This whole area is one massive construction site. They said 24 months completion timeline, we are counting down already...... cheesy
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 3:13am On Apr 10, 2013
spyder880: Due to time, I only snapped the tallest of the seven structures being built. This whole area is one massive construction site. They said 24 months completion timeline, we are counting down already...... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 5:37am On Apr 10, 2013
@ spyder880: Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing the pics. cool
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 6:29am On Apr 10, 2013
They are damn too fast!! And trust arab contractors on delivering the best.
We keep counting down,am sure they'll beat the time.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by eaglechild: 3:30pm On Apr 11, 2013
spyder880:

This is sad, cant anything be done about this?
I believe one should be able to change things.
It just takes a concerned big boy, maybe a senator or someone with links, to effect change.
I have personally laid a complaint to ESWAMA once and they actually responded.
Spyder i'm sure u know one or two pple, with the passion you have for Enugu u can try and start sth.
I no longer live in Enugu, if not i would've started a campaign on this.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:40pm On Apr 11, 2013
What of chime, why is he not doing anything about cleaniness of the state...

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (705) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.