Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,511 members, 7,830,524 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (420) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1790184 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) ... (700) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by achi4u(m): 11:03am On Sep 15, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^This is my prayer as well! He needs to do more than our Sullivan did.....no ifs or buts will be accepted!

Not so confident about Imo and Abia at this point in time! Ebonyi?.....Nobody really knows what's going on there one way or the other! undecided
In Ebonyi state, things are gradually picking up as the governor embarks on rehabilitating most of the worn out roads and cleaning up the streets from dump refuse.
At the other hand , you may not be hearing of Ebonyi on Nairaland because many of them are not aware of this great forum, while those who are aware are not ready to discuss their state or even open a thread to chat things up.
I have tried in my own little way to bring my brothers together but it seems they're not ready.
Ebonyi state is exploding infrastructuraly but a lot still has to be done.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:09am On Sep 15, 2015
all4naija:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2854401_20150913165340_jpeg83567e9f7267bdeba61467dd3f187d59
There is no single paved road! angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry cry

Nwokem,emee gi ifea eme? Achuo yi na nkwu ijee n'ukwa.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by achi4u(m): 11:16am On Sep 15, 2015
asha80:
wonder why you took those places he wrote personal...he added etc np be so? Did you see owerri umuahia or even aba there?
Those areas you mentioned are at one time or the other being mentions when discussing IGBO matters but hardly will you hear about any town in Ebonyi being talked about when discussing IGBO towns and villages, this prompted the question IGBOSON1 asked about the future Ebonyi state.

Nothing personal Biko.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Abagworo(m): 11:24am On Sep 15, 2015
Ofodirinwa:
agree. The future is in making our dreams possible without leaving the village so that every village becomes a township and every township a city or the highest standard.

Unfortunately I belong to a different school of thought. I still love rural areas by far. I will prefer if we build small cities with 30 floor buildings on small expanse of land while our rural areas remain scanty with enough lands for agriculture.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Abagworo(m): 11:26am On Sep 15, 2015
achi4u:

Those areas you mentioned are at one time or the other being mentions when discussing IGBO matters but hardly will you hear about any town in Ebonyi being talked about when discussing IGBO towns and villages, this prompted the question IGBOSON1 asked about the future Ebonyi state.

Nothing personal Biko.

I do mention Afikpo and Abakaliki a lot because I believe the future of any Igbo republic lies there. Forget those trying to annex Iguocha and downplay Otanzu. They know nothing about reality.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 11:28am On Sep 15, 2015
Abagworo:

Unfortunately I belong to a different school of thought. I still love rural areas by far. I will prefer if we build small cities with 30 floor buildings on small expanse of land while our rural areas remain scanty with enough lands for agriculture.
difficult to adhere strictly to because of our scattered settlement pattern...moreover I am a big advocate of basic amenities being available even in the most rural of area...if you really love rural areas you should be to live there

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:35am On Sep 15, 2015
spyder880:
Soji Salau street, Independence layout Enugu

shocked shocked shocked how...
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ak47mann(m): 12:11pm On Sep 15, 2015
all4naija:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2854401_20150913165340_jpeg83567e9f7267bdeba61467dd3f187d59
There is no single paved road! angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry cry
the problem we face is roads which zoo fed govt suppose to fix but we are stuck with useless one nigeria. Apart from that we are developing very fast for people that started with 20 naira chukwu Abiama is with us no doubt cool

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Igbonazy: 1:00pm On Sep 15, 2015
Nnamdi Kalu:
Did we not tell them we have
superior technology than the
zoo? Now they know Radio
Biafra cannot be jammed,
neutralised or put off the air.
We command the airwaves of the world and demonstrably
so as we remain the most
popular radio station on earth.
By the time IPOB/Radio Biafra is done with the Zoo, they would wish Luggard their God was never born.

We can’t jam Radio Biafra’s frequency — Police
www.punchng.com/news/we-cant-jam-radio-biafras-frequency-police/

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 6:15pm On Sep 15, 2015
Am getting worried about ugwuanyi's slow pace, what project has he started I mean where contractors has started working, how long will it take him to start?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by AnambraDota: 6:41pm On Sep 15, 2015
Digitron:
Am getting worried about ugwuanyi's slow pace, what project has he started I mean where contractors has started working, how long will it take him to start?

Me too, the shiit tire me

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by DelGardo: 7:04pm On Sep 15, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^This is my prayer as well! He needs to do more than our Sullivan did.....no ifs or buts will be accepted!

Not so confident about Imo and Abia at this point in time! Ebonyi?.....Nobody really knows what's going on there one way or the other! undecided

grin cheesy grin
But seriously what's going on in Ebonyi? Its almost like a black hole with no positive news coming out... and we know our people are industrious regardless of geographical delineation.

Nkalagu Cement how far? Anyim did nothing about it and I hear Ibeto was frustrated from taking it over... is that factual?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by AnambraDota: 7:46pm On Sep 15, 2015
DelGardo:

grin cheesy grin
But seriously what's going on in Ebonyi? Its almost like a black hole with no positive news coming out... and we know our people are industrious regardless of geographical delineation.

Nkalagu Cement how far? Anyim did nothing about it and I hear Ibeto was frustrated from taking it over... is that factual?

Nkalagu Cement issue have been resolved, they will start producing cement from next year

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by okolochyke: 7:51pm On Sep 15, 2015
AnambraDota:

Nkalagu Cement issue have been resolved, they will start producing cement from next year

Iheabunike u need help

Tribalist!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by TakeKnow: 8:38pm On Sep 15, 2015
AnambraDota:

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IheabunikeChuks: 8:38pm On Sep 15, 2015
AnambraDota:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by TakeKnow: 8:39pm On Sep 15, 2015
AnambraDota:

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by TakeKnow: 8:56pm On Sep 15, 2015
@ AnambraDota i think ibeto have alread started production,cos i have been seeing trailers of ibeto cement being offloaded daily since last week at urata market in Aba.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by TakeKnow: 8:57pm On Sep 15, 2015
@ AnambraDota i think ibeto have already started production,cos i have been seeing trailers of ibeto cement being offloaded daily since last week at urata market in Aba.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by knowledgeable: 12:05am On Sep 16, 2015
Igbonazy:
You guys dont seem to get it, i dont give a damn what ikwerre says they are or are not even if they go to war to reject being called igbo its complete rubbish and doesnt change a thing or what they are - Rivers igbo.
Ikwerre sounds very close to other eastern languages,they will be categorized as igbo by those who study languages or something like that even if they are from Mars, there is ABSOLUTLY nothing they can do about it except they greatly alter their language from sounding like other eastern languages.

No one is Really igbo in Eastern Nigeria... Now listen carefully, doo nti gi aka: The name IGBO is used in describing tribes with very similar languages just like biologists use Primate to describe Animals with similar features (like monkey,gorilla,chimpanzee,human etc). If you go to jupiter now and find animals that share thesame feature with earth Monkeys, baboons, gorrilla,human etc you will call them PRIMATE likewise if you go to Jamaica and find a tribe that speaks something close to what ikwerre,anambra or nsukka man speaks,that tribe AUTHOMATICALLY get grouped as IGBO. Nobody is really born Igbo in Eastern Nigeria,it's just collection of tribes that speak very similar languages. IGBO is just a " Collective term" for languages that are very similar.
I am an Nsukka man,Abiriba or Abatete man not really an igboman,what makes them call me an igboman is the similarity my nsukka language for example shares with owerri or other Southeastern languages...
NSUKKA man says <papa gu ne eku gi>(your father is calling you) OWERRI man says <papa gu la apko gi>
the only difference is the EKU and AKPO.This many similarity is why both nsukka and owerri are group under the igbo nation.
Owerri for example can easily quit the igbo Union but can never quit being igbo because the Igbo grouping is like a formula that can never be altered. Nobody i repeat No igbo can wakeup one day and decide not to be igbo.

We are all novice in this field and are driven by our emotion. Let's leave the argument for the professional and move on.

Ikwerres and other Igboids are all Igbos whose history were rooted in the Republican nature of all the Igbo people period. In time another group might break away from Ikwerre or any other Igboid group. ( ndi kwe, ndi ekweyi and autonomous, Igbo ewe eze, republican ways of life form the bedrock of Igbo societies from the beginning of time).

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 1:26am On Sep 16, 2015
TakeKnow:
@ AnambraDota i think ibeto have alread started production,cos i have been seeing trailers of ibeto cement being offloaded daily since last week at urata market in Aba.
you have to look at the bags to see if it is written 'produced at nkalagu' or the 'bagged at bundu' type.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by HappyJoe: 8:37am On Sep 16, 2015
I took these pictures when I went to Abakaliki last year. Most of us haven't been to Abakaliki, thus we think nothing is going on there. I can tell you that Abakaliki is in much better shape than Awka.

(The second picture is of the Enugu/Abakaliki Road)

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by HappyJoe: 8:40am On Sep 16, 2015
With a forward looking governor, Abakaliki can look like Enugu in 4 to 8 years. I've been to the town and seen it's potential. Unlike Awka, it has land to expand.

I also realized that it wasn't too far from Calabar (you see Ibeto trucks on the road - Ibeto has a terminal where he bags imported cement at Calabar's port).

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by chino11(m): 8:45am On Sep 16, 2015
Abeg, concentrating on what you know and leave the rest. Do you know the boundaries of Awka Capital Territory? The boundaries of Awka Capital Territories is the largest in the SE. Quote me anywhere. Awka Capital Territory traverses more than 5 LGAs. In case you don't know and there is a very massive room for ongoing expansion. For instance do you know that Agulu Lake Resort is within the State Capital Territory and you know the distance? As for the comparison you drew, we are not competing with local Nigerian cities that is why we are aiming Dubai by building world class infrastructures.

HappyJoe:
With a forward looking governor, Abakaliki can look like Enugu in 4 to 8 years. I've been to the town and seen it's potential. Unlike Awka, it has land to expand.

I also realized that it wasn't too far from Calabar (you see Ibeto trucks on the road - Ibeto has a terminal where he bags imported cement at Calabar's port).

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by HappyJoe: 9:09am On Sep 16, 2015
chino11:
Abeg, concentrating on what you know and leave the rest. Do you know the boundaries of Awka Capital Territory? The boundaries of Awka Capital Territories is the largest in the SE. Quote me anywhere. Awka Capital Territory traverses more than 5 LGAs. In case you don't know and there is a very massive room for ongoing expansion. For instance do you know that Agulu Lake Resort is within the State Capital Territory and know the distance? As for the comparison you drew, we are not competing with local Nigerian cities that is why we are aiming Dubai by building world class infrastructures.

I'm from Anambra State like you; I am not going to argue with you.

Find someone else to argue with, not me.

14 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by chino11(m): 9:15am On Sep 16, 2015
I am the last person that will give a damn where you migrated from but I will continue to set the records straight irrespective of who is involved!

HappyJoe:

I'm from Anambra State like you; I am not going to argue with you.

Find someone else to argue with, not me.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:52am On Sep 16, 2015
HappyJoe:
I took these pictures when I went to Abakaliki last year. Most of us haven't been to Abakaliki, thus we think nothing is going on there. I can tell you that Abakaliki is in much better shape than Awka.

(The second picture is of the Enugu/Abakaliki Road)

I have been there but its been long, Abakaliki is much older than Awka in terms of development, been the headquarter of the old Ogoja Division in Eastern Nigeria is not an easy feat.

I don't know what the government need to do but they need to invest massively in education and agriculture as well as solid mineral development.

Ebonyi is at par with Ekiti and Osun of the South if you ask me to rate them.

One more thing I like about Ebonyi State is the abundance of solid minerals there

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by HappyJoe: 11:03am On Sep 16, 2015
BuddahMonk:

I have been there but its been long, Abakaliki is much older than Awka in terms of development, been the headquarter of the old Ogoja Division in Eastern Nigeria is not an easy feat.

I don't know what the government need to do but they need to invest massively in education and agriculture as well as solid mineral development.

Ebonyi is at par with Ekiti and Osun of the South if you ask me to rate them.

One more thing I like about Ebonyi State is the abundance of solid minerals there

I disagree. At the rate Ebonyi people are going out to fend for themselves, they might erase the education deficit within a generation. That is not to say investment in education is not needed.

Also people forget that Abakaliki is about 3 hours from Calabar (if you have a functioning port in Calabar), the business opportunities are immense.

Ebonyi has Ibeto's plant (the former NigerCem) and massive food processing industries like Engineer Charlie Ugwu's EbonyAgro (I visited there). I visited Osun also, and I did not see similar industrial potential - also consider that Osun & Ekiti people are not as enterprising as Igbos.

Abakaliki has all it takes to be the next Enugu - it's like an hour away from Enugu. A lot of business opportunity with a smart, forward looking governor.

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 1:28pm On Sep 16, 2015
HappyJoe:

I disagree. At the rate Ebonyi people are going out to fend for themselves, they might erase the education deficit within a generation. That is not to say investment in education is not needed.

Also people forget that Abakaliki is about 3 hours from Calabar (if you have a functioning port in Calabar), the business opportunities are immense.

Ebonyi has Ibeto's plant (the former NigerCem) and massive food processing industries like Engineer Charlie Ugwu's EbonyAgro (I visited there). I visited Osun also, and I did not see similar industrial potential - also consider that Osun & Ekiti people are not as enterprising as Igbos.

Abakaliki has all it takes to be the next Enugu - it's like an hour away from Enugu. A lot of business opportunity with a smart, forward looking governor.
We need to do away with the emboldened mentality. The fact that we Igbos have done everything ourselves does not mean that the government, especially the SE governors should not make concerted efforts at solving some pertinent issues. The only thing holding Ebonyi imo is education and all hands must be on deck to solve the problem.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 1:32pm On Sep 16, 2015
HappyJoe:

apart from ebony agro and rice processing outfits what other food processing outfits are there?

(1) (2) (3) ... (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) ... (700) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.