Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,855 members, 7,813,910 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:21 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (423) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1781338 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:51am On Sep 21, 2015
kmariko:

Kindly remind me of the ports of Switzerland.. Not investing in the east by the easterners due to " lack of access to seaport" is a very lame excuse.
East is a landlocked region of Nigeria.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cjrane2: 3:05am On Sep 21, 2015
ezeagu:
Food and lack of access to the sea/port is what killed Biafra, it's the same reason why people are running away and building castles in foreign lands. Until there is a viable port in Igboland, Igbo people won't come back and that's just practical.

Lame excuse.
But they will relocate to Abuja and kano to build castles, but leave Warri and Sapele that have ports! that is why it gbastas me not , when they kill them and burn their buildings up north. Na dem sabi.

BTW, What Ports does Austria or Switzerland have? yet, their people have invested there and made it a prosperous place?

In the past, i used to beg people to be wise so they won't pay the price for stupidity, i have since learnt the better approach is to allow them to be stupid and pay the price for it, then they will naturally learn to be wise by the bitter experience

9 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ezeagu(m): 3:07am On Sep 21, 2015
kmariko:

Kindly remind me of the ports of Switzerland.. Not investing in the east by the easterners due to " lack of access to seaport" is a very lame excuse.

Can you really compare Switzerland nestled under one of the most powerful nations economically in the world with other powers nearby in a peaceful and relatively 'civilised' neighbourhood with decades of wealth and sovereignty to a region in dark Africa that's surrounded by a state that is historically hostile to them? Do the Swiss people have a huge business importing and exporting common products? Answer that first.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ezeagu(m): 3:08am On Sep 21, 2015
Cjrane2:

Lame excuse.
But they will relocate to Abuja and kano to build castles, but leave Warri and Sapele that have ports! that is why it gbastas me not , when they kill them and burn their buildings up north. Na dem sabi.

BTW, What Ports does Austria or Switzerland have? yet, their people have invested there and made it a prosperous place?

How can you compare Austria and Switzerland to a place that can barely tar its roads?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by kmariko: 3:19am On Sep 21, 2015
ezeagu:

How can you compare Austria and Switzerland to a place that can barely tar its roads?

They believed in themselves and ability to overcome at all odds. They stayed away from all the destructive alliances that bedeviled waring European nations. They focused on making things, food processing (nestle), steel, textile, machines that make other machines, electric machineries ABD, financials and Commodity trading... The list is endless.

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ezeagu(m): 3:28am On Sep 21, 2015
kmariko:

They believed in themselves and ability to overcome at all odds. They stayed away from all the destructive alliances that bedeviled waring European nations. They focused on making things, food processing (nestle), steel, textile, machines that make other machines, electric machineries ABD, financials and Commodity trading... The list is endless.

They didn't 'believe in themselves', they sat back and soaked in all the blood their fellow western Europeans were drenching from all over the globe. Those people are rich by default, Switzerland is basically ethnically French and German, Austria is Germanic, so they can afford to be landlocked, especially with their disposition allowing foreigners to amass mounds of wealth in their countries with no questions asked. You can't compare Austria and Switzerland to Igboland.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by kmariko: 3:41am On Sep 21, 2015
ezeagu:

They didn't 'believe in themselves', they sat back and soaked in all the blood their fellow western Europeans were drenching from all over the globe. Those people are rich by default, Switzerland is basically ethnically French and German, Austria is Germanic, so they can afford to be landlocked, especially with their disposition allowing foreigners to amass mounds of wealth in their countries with no questions asked. You can't compare Austria and Switzerland to Igboland.

Mr. Nestle was not rich by using peoples money.. Brown and boveri used there business acumen and the list goes on... No group of individuals are rich " by default ". You have to work extremely hard to maintain that affluence even if it was handed over to you on a silver platter.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ezeagu(m): 3:47am On Sep 21, 2015
kmariko:

Mr. Nestle was not rich by using peoples money.. Brown and boveri used there business acumen and the list goes on... No group of individuals are rich " by default ". You have to work extremely hard to maintain that affluence even if it was handed over to you on a silver platter.

Yes, but if you don't have a proper framework they'll you have to settle for import/export and lock-up shops, nothing wrong with that, just that the framework in Nigeria does not allow easier upward mobility like Austria. You think Austria has to worry about differing world views and a thousand tongues?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 5:25am On Sep 21, 2015
ezeagu:
Food and lack of access to the sea/port is what killed Biafra, it's the same reason why people are running away and building castles in foreign lands. Until there is a viable port in Igboland, Igbo people won't come back and that's just practical.

Very funny, childish and watery assertion, what about Kano and Kaduna are there seaport or indian ocean there

Think of it Aba one of the top 4 most industrialized cities in Nigeria have no access to the sea or seaport but more industrialized than those with access to the sea except Lagos.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ezeagu(m): 10:47am On Sep 21, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Very funny, childish and watery assertion, what about Kano and Kaduna are there seaport or indian ocean there

Think of it Aba one of the top 4 most industrialized cities in Nigeria have no access to the sea or seaport but more industrialized than those with access to the sea except Lagos.

Except Lagos. You've just terminated your own argument. Lagos is the only place with something worthy of being called a sea port. So are you trying to argue that Aba would not benefit from a closer seaport or that all those treacherous journeys from the east to west would not be minimised? The thing about some of you people is that you don't like telling yourselves the truth. You'd rather give false equivalence to privileged places which you know are false and dig your head in the sand. A bulk of the Igbo wealth relies on import/export. The reason you people are even moaning about a second Onitsha Asaba bridge is because the current one is so taxed by people rushing to Lagos to receive their containers that it's on the verge of collapse. Nobody on the other side is as concerned, ask yourself why.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Bishop42: 11:18am On Sep 21, 2015
ezeagu:

Except Lagos. You've just terminated your own argument. Lagos is the only place with something worthy of being called a sea port. So are you trying to argue that Aba would not benefit from a closer seaport or that all those treacherous journeys from the east to west would not be minimised? The thing about some of you people is that you don't like telling yourselves the truth. You'd rather give false equivalence to privileged places which you know are false and dig your head in the sand. A bulk of the Igbo wealth relies on import/export. The reason you people are even moaning about a second Onitsha Asaba bridge is because the current one is so taxed by people rushing to Lagos to receive their containers that it's on the verge of collapse. Nobody on the other side is as concerned, ask yourself why.

Hope you know Ethiopia is landlocked and still has the highest FDI in Africa plus its very sophisticated Air tranport system.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ezeagu(m): 12:13pm On Sep 21, 2015
Bishop42:

Hope you know Ethiopia is landlocked and still has the highest FDI in Africa plus its very sophisticated Air tranport system.

Why is nobody on the other side of the Niger bridge concerned about a second bridge? Answer this question before presenting incompatible case studies.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Unemadu: 12:24pm On Sep 21, 2015
ezeagu:

Why is nobody on the other side of the Niger bridge concerned about a second bridge? Answer this question before presenting incompatible case studies.

Seaports are important but doesnt mean a country cannot survive without it. That igbos are running from their homeland because od lack of seaport is absolutely ridiculous.
Its like saying because a country has no mineral resources then its doomed.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Abagworo(m): 12:41pm On Sep 21, 2015
Unemadu:

Seaports are important but doesnt mean a country cannot survive without it. That igbos are running from their homeland because od lack of seaport is absolutely ridiculous.

Igbos didn't run away from their land. They only tapped the juicy retail business across Nigeria.

What I feel Ezeagu is clearly saying is what I've been saying from the word go. We need other Nigerians as much as they need us. If we create enemies with all our neighbours then our landlocked situation will be the worst in the world. We can only survive by self sustenance and expensive smuggling which at present we have made no plans for.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ezeagu(m): 12:54pm On Sep 21, 2015
Unemadu:

But all of these are ifs and buts and hypothetical. The practicals is that the Igbo people largely rely on import and export business, much of the industries from coal and oil to clothing, electronics and car manufacturing rely on seaports. To think that people would abandon these habits and change to services or whatever overnight just to move home is unrealistic, especially with the success driven culture that encourages people to move away to come back successful, and only successful.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Abagworo(m): 1:02pm On Sep 21, 2015
Bishop42:

Because their neighbours allowed them to use their roads, ports and air space. Will Nigeria allow Igbos if we go about the biafra the way some of you are doing?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Bishop42: 1:24pm On Sep 21, 2015
From Wikipedia...

"Countries have made particular efforts to avoid being
landlocked,by acquiring land that reaches the sea:
The International Congo Society, which owned the
modern-day Democratic Republic of the Congo, was
awarded a narrow piece of land cutting through Angola to
connect it to the sea"

This easiest way Igboland can have "full acess" to the Sea is adobt thesame approach. We could easily aquire a narrow land from Akwaibom or Calabar that stretches to the Sea. It's 100% possible

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 21, 2015
Abagworo:

Because their neighbours allowed them to use their roads, ports and air space. Will Nigeria allow Igbos if we go about the biafra the way some of you are doing?

Do you think that if Igbo got Biafra today that Nigeria will ever remain the same

Once Nigeria disintegrate different countries will spring up with different orientation and value system as well as political and economic policies that will better their lots.

If Biafra happen today how will people in Akwa Ibom or Cross River survive without Biafra because those people are not in for everlasting servitude in Nigeria.

If Nigeria breaks today new friendship will emerge, new international relationship will set off, Biafra can't do without neighbouring countries neither will others do without Biafrans.

Economic relationship over political rivalries

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ratumatu: 1:40pm On Sep 21, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Do you think that if Igbo got Biafra today that Nigeria will ever remain the same

Once Nigeria disintegrate different countries will spring up with different orientation and value system as well as political and economic policies that will better their lots.

If Biafra happen today how will people in Akwa Ibom or Cross River survive without Biafra because those people are not in for everlasting servitude in Nigeria.

If Nigeria breaks today new friendship will emerge, new international relationship will set off, Biafra can't do without neighbouring countries neither will others do without Biafrans.

Sorry but Akwa Ibom is very much part of Biafra including Cross River, River, Delta, Bayelsa. Etc

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Abagworo(m): 1:45pm On Sep 21, 2015
BuddahMonk:

The reason the Biafra of old failed is because Igbos thought others(especially Niger Delta) would join them in secession. Most of you know little about the South-south hence the persistent mistakes of counting on them in Igbo affairs.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 21, 2015
Abagworo:

The reason the Biafra of old failed is because Igbos thought others(especially Niger Delta) would join them in secession. Most of you know little about the South-south hence the persistent mistakes of counting on them in Igbo affairs.

I wrote if Igbo got Biafra. I didn't include them in my write up aswell, its you that is forcing them into my write up.

If Igbos got Biafra, minority tribes in SS will pursue their own goals and destinies, they musnt be in Biafra.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ezeagu(m): 2:07pm On Sep 21, 2015
Bishop42:
From Wikipedia...

"Countries have made particular efforts to avoid being
landlocked,by acquiring land that reaches the sea:
The International Congo Society, which owned the
modern-day Democratic Republic of the Congo, was
awarded a narrow piece of land cutting through Angola to
connect it to the sea"

This easiest way Igboland can have "full acess" to the Sea is adobt thesame approach. We could easily aquire a narrow land from Akwaibom or Calabar that stretches to the Sea. It's 100% possible

Better thinking, the best way would be between the Akwete area and south easterly. But caution has to be taken because of this idea of birth rites so people don't start problems in the future.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Bishop42: 2:14pm On Sep 21, 2015
Abagworo:

Imo,Anioma,Portharcourt,Abia etc are all in Nigerdelta and are certainly going to join Biafra, mark my words, this is gauranteed.

Akwaibom,Crossrivers and Ijawland joining a Biafra will depend on referendum. Am not so certain Ijaw wuld want to join

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Abagworo(m): 2:43pm On Sep 21, 2015
BuddahMonk:

I wrote if Igbo got Biafra. I didn't include them in my write up aswell, its you that is forcing them into my write up.

If Igbos got Biafra, minority tribes in SS will pursue their own goals and destinies, they musnt be in Biafra.

Most of Nigeria outside Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba are minorities and they are all pro-Nigeria while everyone checkmates each others excesses. The issue is that there will be total blockade from all angles unless we are at peace with Nigeria. Assuming that Southern minorities will secede is like Ojukwu's assumption of Awolowo establishing Oduduwa or Delta/Edo establishing Benin republic during the 1967 saga.

Stop working on such assumptions. Igbos are better off thinking on how to secede and still live peacefully with Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Abagworo(m): 2:47pm On Sep 21, 2015
Bishop42:

Imo,Anioma,Portharcourt,Abia etc are all in Nigerdelta and are certainly going to join Biafra, mark my words, this is gauranteed.

Akwaibom,Crossrivers and Ijawland joining a Biafra will depend on referendum. Am not so certain Ijaw wuld want to join

I wish you are grounded in Rivers State enough to get my point. Asaba and Aniocha is the only area outside Southeast I consider reliable brothers. We should always plan with only 5 Southeastern States and mind you Oguta/Egbema might not vote to join Biafra. It is 70% pro-Nigeria/Niger Delta and 30% pro-Biafra.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 21, 2015
Abagworo:

I wish you are grounded in Rivers State enough to get my point. Asaba and Aniocha is the only area outside Southeast I consider reliable brothers. We should always plan with only 5 Southeastern States and mind you Oguta/Egbema might not vote to join Biafra. It is 70% pro-Nigeria/Niger Delta and 30% pro-Biafra.

oguta a town of less than 10000 people can vote against Biafra while other Igbo cities, towns and villages numbering millions voting for Biafra. The votes of the so called oguta/Egbema is like ant and Elephant on a seesaw when you compare with other SE states.
If Enugu, Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi are 98% for Biafra, Imo 95% for Biafra and Anioma 70% for Biafra, who need Oguta again mr man, they can join Middlebelt all I care.

Abagworo your mischievousness is becoming clinical, wake up before it turn genetic

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:16pm On Sep 21, 2015
Abagworo:

Most of Nigeria outside Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba are minorities and they are all pro-Nigeria while everyone checkmates each others excesses. The issue is that there will be total blockade from all angles unless we are at peace with Nigeria. Assuming that Southern minorities will secede is like Ojukwu's assumption of Awolowo establishing Oduduwa or Delta/Edo establishing Benin republic during the 1967 saga.

Stop working on such assumptions. Igbos are better off thinking on how to secede and still live peacefully with Nigeria.

Nothing last forever, they may appear one Nigeria but when the cookie come crumbling you will see how everybody will start adjusting.
What happened to British India will likely be what will happen in Nigeria if Biafra got independence.

The only artificial lattice holding Nigeria now is because no group have successfully break out. Let me tell you any part of Nigeria that ceased to be Nigeria today, tomorrow the artificial lattice holding Nigeria together will collapse.

It happened after the fall of Othoman Empire, after WW1 and after WW2. Once there is a successful breakaway the crack will be glaring and the total collapse imminent.

Am not assuming, its a natural law that have universal application.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Abagworo(m): 3:17pm On Sep 21, 2015
BuddahMonk:

oguta a town of less than 10000 people can vote against Biafra while other Igbo cities, towns and villages numbering millions voting for Biafra. The votes of the so called oguta/Egbema is like ant and Elephant on a seesaw when you compare with other SE states.
If Enugu, Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi are 98% for Biafra, Imo 95% for Biafra and Anioma 70% for Biafra, who need Oguta again mr man, they can join Middlebelt all I care.

Abagworo your mischievousness is becoming clinical, wake up before it turn genetic

https://www.nairaland.com/2615117/photo-president-buhari-receives-dein

SMH. Your type needs experience to understand since you still don't get this glaring reality.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 21, 2015
Abagworo:

https://www.nairaland.com/2615117/photo-president-buhari-receives-dein

SMH. Your type needs experience to understand since you still don't get this glaring reality.
Did he tell him they are not interested in Biafra grin grin grin grin grin grin

Arthur Eze, Obiano too visited Bohari, what are you insinuating

If Ika can go with Nigeria goodluck to them now, Oguta/Egbema can join them aswell, the kingdom of God doesn't need multitude.

Biafra is by choice not by coercion.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 21, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Like, seriously, who is that guy?
shocked
I have been reading his posts and a few others' (supposedly Igbo folks) on this forum with complete bafflement...and sometimes plain horror even
O dukwa egwu ooo

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 5:15pm On Sep 21, 2015
milychocs:

Like, seriously, who is that guy?
shocked
I have been reading his posts and a few others' (supposedly Igbo folks) on this forum with complete bafflement...and sometimes plain horror even
O dukwa egwu ooo

He is deep in Igbo culture and geography but he is using it for mischievous purposes, the guy bu ezigbo okenye alulu ana grin grin grin grin grin

He needs to be checkmated all the time lest he cause great division and enmity among Ndigbo

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ezeagu(m): 6:30pm On Sep 21, 2015
BuddahMonk:

He is deep in Igbo culture and geography but he is using it for mischievous purposes, the guy bu ezigbo okenye alulu ana grin grin grin grin grin

He needs to be checkmated all the time lest he cause great division and enmity among Ndigbo

From this thread, you guys just can't see what he's saying, don't join the bandwagoners who shout "Yoruba" at anybody who asks them a difficult question.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.