Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,707 members, 7,813,338 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:01 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (424) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1781151 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Abagworo(m): 7:18pm On Sep 21, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Did he tell him they are not interested in Biafra grin grin grin grin grin grin

Arthur Eze, Obiano too visited Bohari, what are you insinuating

If Ika can go with Nigeria goodluck to them now, Oguta/Egbema can join them aswell, the kingdom of God doesn't need multitude.

Biafra is by choice not by coercion.

I don't understand why you are taking things personal here. I made a suggestion that we work as Southeast and remove every hope of support from South-south is that an offence? Agbisi gbaa otula, otula amuru ako but agbisi agbago Ndigbo 1million times but some like you aghotabegh na onweghi uru ndi ukwu ala bara Ndigbo. Ha kporo anyi asi karia asi ha kporo ndi ugwu. Nnem bu onye mbamiri and I'm writing from experience.

None of you wants Igbo republic like me but the difference is that it should be in peace with Nigeria and no single Igbo denier should be included in the plan.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ezeagu(m): 7:24pm On Sep 21, 2015
Abagworo:
None of you wants Igbo republic like me but the difference is that it should be in peace with Nigeria and no single Igbo denier should be included in the plan.

That's something people are not getting, the same people who have denied being Igbo will cause problems in the future if they are nudged into what they really don't want. You should look at the inclusion into your sovereignty as a thing of privilege any way not a free for all.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Stolen: 7:55pm On Sep 21, 2015
Abagworo:

Dat is not an option, a person cannot say they are running and leave their yansh. If you start running your yansh will follow you.

Go and sleep and let us staunch igbo decide wat is best for our people.

We will have a constitution and power will flow like water into every nook and cranny of the country. Turn by turn.

Not one set of people claiming born to rule.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:59pm On Sep 21, 2015
I am not impressed by what I see of Enugu environment. People make it look as though it is a great place here. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:02pm On Sep 21, 2015
BuddahMonk:

oguta a town of less than 10000 people can vote against Biafra while other Igbo cities, towns and villages numbering millions voting for Biafra. The votes of the so called oguta/Egbema is like ant and Elephant on a seesaw when you compare with other SE states.
If Enugu, Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi are 98% for Biafra, Imo 95% for Biafra and Anioma 70% for Biafra, who need Oguta again mr man, they can join Middlebelt all I care.

Abagworo your mischievousness is becoming clinical, wake up before it turn genetic
which oguta was he even talking about? IMO state?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 8:28pm On Sep 21, 2015
Kcinho:
poultry..... a worker there said there are projections of about 40,000 eggs when the birds start laying and hatching. can't remember if he meant daily or weekly though.
probably per week
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by chino11(m): 8:34pm On Sep 21, 2015
Following the Biafran debate. cool

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 8:45pm On Sep 21, 2015
I agree with the realists in Abagworo and Eze ago. Our greatest problem as Igbo is the lie we tell ourselves to make us feel better.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Kcinho(m): 8:58pm On Sep 21, 2015
spyder880:

Is this near to where Aqua Rapha water company is?
Not sure of the particular part of ninth mile. I haven't been there
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Kcinho(m): 9:00pm On Sep 21, 2015
asha80:
probably per week
I think I heard daily sha. This isn't the only house. The other pix have workers faces on them
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:04pm On Sep 21, 2015
Abagworo:

I don't understand why you are taking things personal here. I made a suggestion that we work as Southeast and remove every hope of support from South-south is that an offence? Agbisi gbaa otula, otula amuru ako but agbisi agbago Ndigbo 1million times but some like you aghotabegh na onweghi uru ndi ukwu ala bara Ndigbo. Ha kporo anyi asi karia asi ha kporo ndi ugwu. Nnem bu onye mbamiri and I'm writing from experience.

I have never for a day included any South South ethnic group in my Biafra drive, you remember the thread I opened querrying Igbos like to claim Ikwerres.

Apart from Akwa Ibom and Cross River States tribes I don't like other SSners, have you seen me campaigned for Jonathan, go through all my post in NL and you never see me mention Jonathan or Ijaw people.

Whenever I say Biafra I meant Igboand and nothing more again, I have lived in Delta State south n central and I know how those detest Aniomas just because they are Igbos.

I don't include non Igbos in Biafra neither do I consider other tribes our enemies.

I don't like Ikwerres for anything, I grew up in Onitsha and I know some people have similar mindset like Ogbaru, Oguta some Anioma communities calling us "Ndigbo".

The fact is that tribes in SS hate Igbos but I will always prefer them to the Fulani because anytime anyday reason; they harbour it only but the Fulani harbour it and execute with flimsy excuse of religion.

There is always lesser evil.

I will prefer Biafra of homogeneous Igbo people only, if anybody wants to join they can but free entrance and exist will be enshrined in the constitution.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PAINGAIN: 9:08pm On Sep 21, 2015
Ndi enugu umunna mma mma nuo. First time I am viewing this thread. Kudos yall. @ abagworo; u r correct. I do not like d idea of making d south south think thatwe r begging them to join us. They should b begging us. Chineke emezigo okwu.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 21, 2015
Afam4eva:
I agree with the realists in Abagworo and Eze ago. Our greatest problem as Igbo is the lie we tell ourselves to make us feel better.

Ezeagu said igbos can't invest in igboland because of lack of seaport then I ask him if there is one in kano or Kaduna but he didn't answer me.

Is there any seaport in Johannesburg SA the richest city in South Africa and her economic capital ?

Afam why do Igbos request for haven and earth before they want to invest in igboland. they will tell you there is no airport in Anambra and Abia, when you ask them to invest in Enugu or owerri that there is one there they will tell you there is no seaport in those places.

Seaport or not, with effective transportation arrangement and perfect marketing strategy you can dominate any part of the country with your products.

Nnewi people will import motorcycle from abroad, move it from Lagos down to Nnewi, people from Lagos will go to Nnewi and buy motorcycle parts and return back to Lagos.

Oga na brain nobi muscle, its not about the size of ones skull.

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Bishop42: 9:20pm On Sep 21, 2015
When people say igbos don't speak with one voice people like the dudes above me are the reason why. They are always in the minority but very strangely vocal. No normal person who calls himself a patriot would go against popular opinion
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:26pm On Sep 21, 2015
ezeagu:

That's something people are not getting, the same people who have denied being Igbo will cause problems in the future if they are nudged into what they really don't want. You should look at the inclusion into your sovereignty as a thing of privilege any way not a free for all.

Anybody who is including non Igbos in Biafra is going on a suicide mission, I have never and I will never fall for such.

Ndigbo should be Biafrans let every other people paddle their own canoe
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:30pm On Sep 21, 2015
Bishop42:
When people say igbos don't speak with one voice people like the dudes above me are the reason why. They are always in the minority but very strangely vocal. No normal person who calls himself a patriot goes against popular opinion

Its not always all about speaking with one voice, its all about have divergent views.

We don't have herd mentality reason why we are republican in nature and attitude.

We are debating, we can only agree and disagree but we are pointing at one thing "Igbo Emancipation and Renaissance"

Ideologies will differ, approach to issues will also contradict but the goals will always remain the same

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by nedu666: 9:36pm On Sep 21, 2015
ezeagu:
Food and lack of access to the sea/port is what killed Biafra, it's the same reason why people are running away and building castles in foreign lands. Until there is a viable port in Igboland, Igbo people won't come back and that's just practical.

pls can you name two, just two sea ports in the north. yet there is no scarcity of goods up north. yet u see ndi Igbo buying goods an transporting it up north. just to give you a better perspective pls contact Nigeria breweries and guinness for the list of their major distributors and u will see our people listed there.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 21, 2015
A lot of times, you write like a kid, it's either you're truely mischievous as people say or you have limited knowledge of the discourse.

Was Biafra soley an Igbo Agenda?? Was the present south east the only area in Biafra? That igbos were the major tribe doesn't dismiss the fact that many other tribes believed and fought for liberation, under the name Biafra. If Biafra had succeeded, would all these attack on igbo be founded? Media and successive governments made the struggle an igbo thing, and naturally, people dissociate from failure. If it was soley an igbo thing and other constituent tribes/regions of Biafra didn't join the secession, why then was Rivers State (including the present Bayelsa State), Cross River State, Delta State etc bombarded by Nigerian troops? Why was the surrender broadcast done by Effiong?

I have lived in Bayelsa State, a good number of them believe in Biafra, and call themselves Biafrans. Just like Buddamonk posted, if Nigeria breaks, new countries and new alliance emerges. Just let any region cause a crack by breaking away and watch how the rest of the country will shatter.

The only thing that can keep this country one is to stop marginalisation of constituent regions, let there be a fair play. Anything outside this is a fuel that keeps the agitation burning.

I don't have problem being a Nigerian, I don't also have problem relating to people of other part of the country, i have relations from every part of Nigeria, i like Nigeria, but I can't fully be patriotic to a sovereignty that treats me like a refugee. The worst federal roads are in the east including Cross River area, how do you aspect me not to be pro-biafra. I will support Nigeria, but if given a chance to choose or vote, I won't give a second thought to choose Biafra, if things continue the way they are in this country.

Hausas has not really 'ruled' since the return of democracy, but they and the rest of Nigeria did havoc in the east under military rule, now (under Buhari) is a very good chance to pacify igbos and rest of the east and make amends for past atrocities. The last voting pattern is a glaring evidence of how igbos percieve Hausas. And even if tomorrow comes such voting pattern will repeat itself, if Hausas and rest of the country keep relegating and ploting against igbos and rest of easterners. I pray they see this opportunity before them, and play fair. If otherwise is case, and systematic under-development of east continues, then the Hausa/igbo enemity deepens and the relationship gap widdens.

A lot of people may not like what i wrote but that's the truth, the reality in Nigeria today. There's a fault in our inter tribal relationship in this country ( mostly in political realm), we should find a way to seal it rather than widening it or pretending they don't exist.

Abagworo:

The reason the Biafra of old failed is because Igbos thought others(especially Niger Delta) would join them in secession. Most of you know little about the South-south hence the persistent mistakes of counting on them in Igbo affairs.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ezeagu(m): 9:45pm On Sep 21, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Ezeagu said igbos can't invest in igboland because of lack of seaport then I ask him if there is one in kano or Kaduna but he didn't answer me.

Is there any seaport in Johannesburg SA the richest city in South Africa and her economic capital ?

Afam why do Igbos request for haven and earth before they want to invest in igboland. they will tell you there is no airport in Anambra and Abia, when you ask them to invest in Enugu or owerri that there is one there they will tell you there is no seaport in those places.

Seaport or not, with effective transportation arrangement and perfect marketing strategy you can dominate any part of the country with your products.

Nnewi people will import motorcycle from abroad, move it from Lagos down to Nnewi, people from Lagos will go to Nnewi and buy motorcycle parts and return back to Lagos.

Oga na brain nobi muscle, its not about the size of ones skull.

Why don't you guys actually think past the face value. Northern Nigeria has ties if not dominant ties with southern Nigeria, particularly Lagos. There are trains, good roads and international airports that link northern and southern Nigeria. Most importantly northern Nigeria has managed to benefit off of Nigeria's income and isn't planning on seceding anytime soon. None of these are true for Igboland. You're surrounded on all sides by people who either don't trust you, just tolerate you or outright dislike you. Northern Nigerians do not do import/export in Lagos, that is Igbo people. Northern Nigerians have a grasp on politics, not economics like the Igbo, which is why Abuja is so close to them. Maybe you can understand now.

Also the question about Johannesberg makes no sense because Johannesberg is not a country.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ezeagu(m): 9:50pm On Sep 21, 2015
nedu666:

pls can you name two, just two sea ports in the north. yet there is no scarcity of goods up north. yet u see ndi Igbo buying goods an transporting it up north. just to give you a better perspective pls contact Nigeria breweries and guinness for the list of their major distributors and u will see our people listed there.

You do not have the same leadership/privileges as northern Nigerians.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Bishop42: 9:51pm On Sep 21, 2015
Have anyone here ever wonder why no Igboland have major access to the Ocean. Could it be that we paid too much attention to these vocal minority who care more about what enemies/competitors want than what their own people want?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ezeagu(m): 10:03pm On Sep 21, 2015
Bishop42:
Have anyone here ever wonder why no Igboland have major access to the Ocean. Could it be that we paid too much attention to these vocal minority who care more about what enemies/competitors want than what their own people want?

No, Igbo people took all the land and pushed everyone else to the swamp. Look at a topological map.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:17pm On Sep 21, 2015
You keep running around. Deep down inside you, you know what these people are telling you is the truth. You will support investment in kano that has no seaport but would justify lack of igbo investment in east, becsuse there's no seaport?
It's good to take opportunities one found outside his place but home cannot be abandoned. If by any chance you start the business outside east, why not open up another branch in east. If we desert east how would we attract heavier investors especially foreigners. If Aba people had based their crafty works in lagos how would it have attracted Nnaji's power plant to Aba??

You should stop this ego driven argument and join this new campaign for igbos to look east. Building duplexes, which we only occupy during Christmas, does not employ those youths in our villages.

ezeagu:

You do not have the same leadership/privileges as northern Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:20pm On Sep 21, 2015
Seriously, what are you talking about?? How did igbos take all the land??

ezeagu:

No, Igbo people took all the land and pushed everyone else to the swamp. Look at a topological map.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Stolen: 10:26pm On Sep 21, 2015
The least Ndiigbo can do after Nnamdi led everybody into the arms of British and Fulani one Nigeria is to accept non-igbos in Biafra.

I dont see any alternative solution. We have always had contact and interaction with these groups prior to the arrival of the British.

If you are talking about problem, then i will be the first to tell you Biafra is not heaven. Conflict will arise and we will settle it like a family.

As long as everybody is carried along and we agree to forget about the acts of desperation some of our people succumb to during the civil war to avoid sudden death.

We forgive and forget and rather create culture and morals that ensure such never repeat itself on this earth.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by WIZGUY69(m): 10:29pm On Sep 21, 2015
cool
ayam enjoying this discussion!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:34pm On Sep 21, 2015
I agree completely with your assertion in fact, you spoke my mind. In addition to all you said, there is also no denying the fact, that a seaport is of paramount importance, to bring about the type of development we crave for in Igbo land. Make Obuaku seaport viable and see the economy of Igboland explode beyond expectation.

centje:
You keep running around. Deep down inside you, you know what these people are telling you is the truth. You will support investment in kano that has no seaport but would justify lack of igbo investment in east, becsuse there's no seaport?
It's good to take opportunities one found outside his place but home cannot be abandoned. If by any chance you start the business outside east, why not open up another branch in east. If we desert east how would we attract heavier investors especially foreigners. If Aba people had based their crafty works in lagos how would it have attracted Nnaji's power plant to Aba??

You should stop this ego driven argument and join this new campaign for igbos to look east. Building duplexes, which we only occupy during Christmas, does not employ those youths in our villages.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:39pm On Sep 21, 2015
All I am trying to say is that in addition to Ndi Igbo investing majorly back home, we have to also be proactive about opening up a viable seaport in Ala Igbo.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Unemadu: 10:40pm On Sep 21, 2015
Abagworo:

Because their neighbours allowed them to use their roads, ports and air space. Will Nigeria allow Igbos if we go about the biafra the way some of you are doing?

Ofcourse, why wont they? Even the greatest of enemies trade with each othe as given by the ethipiopia-eritrea example. Even sudan and south sudan have oil pipeline deals. So u think if Nigeria allows Biafra be then we will become eternal enemies? Think again.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Unemadu: 10:43pm On Sep 21, 2015
Bishop42:
From Wikipedia...

"Countries have made particular efforts to avoid being
landlocked,by acquiring land that reaches the sea:
The International Congo Society, which owned the
modern-day Democratic Republic of the Congo, was
awarded a narrow piece of land cutting through Angola to
connect it to the sea"

This easiest way Igboland can have "full acess" to the Sea is adobt thesame approach. We could easily aquire a narrow land from Akwaibom or Calabar that stretches to the Sea. It's 100% possible

I like this.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:44pm On Sep 21, 2015
ezeagu:

Why don't you guys actually think past the face value. Northern Nigeria has ties if not dominant ties with southern Nigeria, particularly Lagos. There are trains, good roads and international airports that link northern and southern Nigeria. Most importantly northern Nigeria has managed to benefit off of Nigeria's income and isn't planning on seceding anytime soon. None of these are true for Igboland. You're surrounded on all sides by people who either don't trust you, just tolerate you or outright dislike you. Northern Nigerians do not do import/export in Lagos, that is Igbo people. Northern Nigerians have a grasp on politics, not economics like the Igbo, which is why Abuja is so close to them. Maybe you can understand now.

Also the question about Johannesberg makes no sense because Johannesberg is not a country.

Oga you keep shifting goalpost and punching holes.
Deviating from why Igbos don't invest in Igboland because of seaport to why they do invest in North because of political clout of the North.

So Johannesburg is not a country but Igboland is a country grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 10:48pm On Sep 21, 2015
Good debate.
The funny thing is that Abagworo keeps warming about including SS to those that have not included them. It goes to show you Nigerians delude themselves with the thought that if the SS does not want Biafra, Igbos will give up. grin It exposes the dangerous mindset of Igbo enemies that think Igbo want SS for oil grin Just because that is what Hausa and Yoruba wants from SS.

The truth is that Biafra will be prosperous SS or not. How much oil does Japan or China have? On the other hand Venezuela has 4 times more oil than the entire Africa and its in economic depression.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.