Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,121 members, 7,957,191 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 08:45 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1843996 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (714) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:36am On Nov 18, 2012
@ , those were lovely pics from Nnamdi Azikiwe stadium.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by MajeOfficial: 6:24am On Nov 18, 2012
oh, you're right! upon looking at them the one in Enugu isn't that big or colorful, my apologies i was misinformed.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Odunnu: 5:46pm On Nov 18, 2012
I passed thru Albertina/MFM today. The bridge and dual road construction is in serious progress. The dust on that road sha is heavy.
When would that project be thru? With their pace i'm putting their LFT August 2013. Is it feasible?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 5:55pm On Nov 18, 2012
That picture of the Nnamdi Azikiwe stadium in Enugu was during the under 17 world cup some years back. I wish they could pull that much crowd during Enugu rangers home games.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 6:59pm On Nov 18, 2012
Odunnu: I passed thru Albertina/MFM today. The bridge and dual road construction is in serious progress. The dust on that road sha is heavy.
When would that project be thru? With their pace i'm putting their LFT August 2013. Is it feasible?
they are really on a snail pace
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Onlytruth(m): 9:04pm On Nov 18, 2012
spyder880: I think its time our Eze on this forum says something to all these people diverting attention from my work in this thread. Eze, my respects, iga ano n' ulo ewu amuo nwa na eriri?

There is a limit to the level one can take provocation.

Oga spyder880, you fail my hand my brother. Is this the first time we've dealt with these types of issues on Nairaland? Even earlier in this thread, the issue cropped up. lol. Just ignore it.
Should we all be intimidated by personal views of individuals (some of which are very baseless)? Who in Igboland doesn't know that Enugu CITY (not the state BTW) -which this thread is really dedicated to -is our collective (Igbo or even Eastern) heritage, just as is ONITSHA, ABA and OWERRI? It is self explanatory: ENUGU CITY IS THE PRIDE OF THE EAST. If it will make some of these guys feel better, each person can plug his own town into the "variable" (to use a computer programming term), in this case the city itself, which can even be Awomamma in Imo state. To all baseless critics I say repeat after me, " "variable" (which is your town) is the pride of the East". Okwu agwu!

Please let's all calm down and celebrate a beautiful city given to us by God, which we are all jointly building (any Igbo who does not own a property in Enugu is yet to "arrive" cool ) . Let's all pray that current governor Sullivan Chime continues to do a great job for this city, and that the city will continue to make us all proud.
BTW I pray that other governors of towns which we all build together borrow a leaf from Chime to develop infrastructure which makes it attractive for us to go there and build.

Anybody who doesn't like my stand on this should wait for the next Eze who is just a little over one month away. cool

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:20pm On Nov 18, 2012
lots of fools here indeed. if Enugu is a mirage, show us then the reality that is your own state.

Bunch of overgrown !diots who have no idea how stup!d they sound.

Fact remains,Enugu is ahead and the rest are playing catch up.

Enugu is the pride of the East and Igbos. Don't like it? Off yourself.

Umu enwe.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OdenigboAroli(m): 7:17am On Nov 19, 2012
Bandit C.:
lots of fools here indeed. if Enugu is a mirage, show us then the reality that is your own state.

Bunch of overgrown !diots who have no idea how stup!d they sound.

Fact remains,Enugu is ahead and the rest are playing catch up.

Enugu is the pride of the East and Igbos. Don't like it? Off yourself.

Umu enwe.

And Umu-Omanbala are SUPERIOR to other Igbo of the east! I know you like that! Atulu otu!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OdenigboAroli(m): 7:30am On Nov 19, 2012
Onlytruth:

Oga spyder880, you fail my hand my brother. Is this the first time we've dealt with these types of issues on Nairaland? Even earlier in this thread, the issue cropped up. lol. Just ignore it.
Should we all be intimidated by personal views of individuals (some of which are very baseless)? Who in Igboland doesn't know that Enugu CITY (not the state BTW) -which this thread is really dedicated to -is our collective (Igbo or even Eastern) heritage, just as is ONITSHA, ABA and OWERRI? It is self explanatory: ENUGU CITY IS THE PRIDE OF THE EAST. If it will make some of these guys feel better, each person can plug his own town into the "variable" (to use a computer programming term), in this case the city itself, which can even be Awomamma in Imo state. To all baseless critics I say repeat after me, " "variable" (which is your town) is the pride of the East". Okwu agwu!

Please let's all calm down and celebrate a beautiful city given to us by God, which we are all jointly building (any Igbo who does not own a property in Enugu is yet to "arrive" cool ) . Let's all pray that current governor Sullivan Chime continues to do a great job for this city, and that the city will continue to make us all proud.
BTW I pray that other governors of towns which we all build together borrow a leaf from Chime to develop infrastructure which makes it attractive for us to go there and build.

Anybody who doesn't like my stand on this should wait for the next Eze who is just a little over one month away. cool

With all due respect to your position which I Nri Priest played and integral role to bring you to and keep motivating and encouraging you I will emphatically say that you all WRONG ! Chime is working on the foundation that the past governors of Enugu has built while Obi is setting Anambra up for a greater height. You have started to compromise your identity because of your position here and that's not good for your image. I don't think you have been well educated on the condition of Anambra governance before Obi took over. There was absolutely no signs of government presence before Obi came in. We need to cut this man some slack. Anambra was created in '91 from the old Anambra and everything went to Enugu being the state capital. The fired all Anambra civil servants and left them with nothing. So much for the Igbo unity!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:34am On Nov 19, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli:

And Umu-Omanbala are SUPERIOR to other Igbo of the east! I know you like that! Atulu otu!

Mine is a fact. Yours is a fallacy and wishful thinking. That's where we differ.

Superior with nothing to show for it. Ain't you ashamed of yourselves.

Big fools sha. Pathetic.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OdenigboAroli(m): 9:10am On Nov 19, 2012
Bandit C.:

Mine is a fact. Yours is a fallacy and wishful thinking. That's where we differ.

Big fools sha. Pathetic.

A fact ? By whom ? Do not push me to say things that will make me sound like Chino! I have been avoiding this for a long time but I can play dirty if that what you want. Keep that your dreamed pride within Enugu boarders! Enugu isn't my pride!!!!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:50am On Nov 19, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli:

A fact ? By whom ? Do not push me to say things that will make me sound like Chino! I have been avoiding this for a long time but I can play dirty if that what you want. Keep that your dreamed pride within Enugu boarders! Enugu isn't my pride!!!!

Bring it on, stup!d, bring it on. Woe betide you if you do not prove to me that you can play dirty. Seems like you have no idea, with whom you are dealing with.

Useless bunch with some serious complex. I dey here dey wait for you.

Enugu is the pride of the East and Igbos. Hit me. Enwe.

lol @ boarders, na surfing we dey go? Illiterate.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Abagworo(m): 10:11am On Nov 19, 2012
You guys are f**king up big time.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:35am On Nov 19, 2012
Bandit C.:

Bring it on, stup!d, bring it on. Woe betide you if you do not prove to me that you can play dirty. Seems like you have no idea, with whom you are dealing with.

Useless bunch with some serious complex. I dey here dey wait for you.

Enugu is the pride of the East and Igbos. Hit me. Enwe.

lol @ boarders, na surfing we dey go? Illiterate.

So,the only thing you deemed fit to attack out of all my posts was my wrong spelling? This is so juvenile...We have no foundation to start on...You are not very wise. Goodbye.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:23am On Nov 19, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli:

So,the only thing you deemed fit to attack out of all my posts was my wrong spelling? This is so juvenile...We have no foundation to start on...You are not very wise. Goodbye.

Anuofia. I thought for a second there you were threatening fire and brimstone against Enugu and her people, why then do you wanna chicken out so quickly?

I reiterate, you are a big fool with no substance. Just enough empty boasts and chest beating to go around.

How exactly you want to drive your points home without being able to spell baffles me. I engage only smart peeps worthy of my attention not !diots like you.

Now run along retard and come back when you can live up to your threats.

And keep Enugu State out of your mouth while at it.

Ekwensu kpo kwa gi oku there.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by jamesibor: 11:38am On Nov 19, 2012
@Odenigbo and Bandit, why not keep d contest simple and devoid of name calling.
Bandit C.:

Big fools sha. Pathetic.

@Bandit, why not let's start by listing our first teams, here goes for Anambra;

ANAMBRA STATE

Odumegwu Ojukwu

Chinua Achebe

Emeka Anyaoku

Chimamanda Adichie

Cardinal Arinze

Philip Emeagwali

Alex Ekwueme

Dora Akunyili

Chinyelu Onwura (Labour Party MP, UK)

Chuka Umunna (Labour party MP, UK)

Charles Soludo

Oby Ezekwesili

Cosmas Maduka (Coscharis)

Cletus Ibeto

Emeka Offor

Mikel Obi

P square

Nnamdi Azikiwe

Nwafor Orizu (Nigeria's 1st senate presido)

Sir Louis Odumegwu Ojukwu (1st African multi millionaire)

Chike Obi

Kenneth Dike (1st Nigerian VC of a university UI)

Ben Enweonwu

Pius Okigbo

Chuba Okadigbo

Jerome Udoji

Cyprian Ekwensi

Osita Osadebe

Oliver de Coque

Augustine Ilodibe (Ekene DiliChukwu)

Samuel Okoye etc

Over to you. No name calling please I'm neutral here and just want to learn.

N/B: I agree with the topic, Enugu is d pride of the east who no like am make e go hug wet transformer grin grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 12:01pm On Nov 19, 2012
james_ibor: @Odenigbo and Bandit, why not keep d contest simple and devoid of name calling.

ANAMBRA STATE

Odumegwu Ojukwu

Chinua Achebe

Emeka Anyaoku

Chimamanda Adichie

Cardinal Arinze

Philip Emeagwali

Alex Ekwueme

Dora Akunyili

Charles Soludo

Oby Ezekwesili

Cletus Ibeto

Emeka Offor

Mikel Obi

P square

Nnamdi Azikiwe

Chike Obi

Ben Enweonwu

Pius Okigbo

Chuba Okadigbo

Jerome Udoji

Cyprian Ekwensi

Osita Osadebe

Oliver de Coque

Samuel Okoye etc

N/B: I agree with the topic, Enugu is d pride of the east who no like am make e go hug wet transformer grin grin
Its ok now. No fighting anymore. Lets play some jokes now. All these people you mention are great ibo men. They represent the ibo nation as a whole. But all are living in Enugu right? Excluding Mikel. Its play time though. We don't need quarel here plz my brothers.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 12:08pm On Nov 19, 2012
If you are living in Anambra, plz post pictures of current projects. I will be there soon. Am not in east though but i love to settle anywhere in east and feel free as air. But i ask my brother spyder to do me one more mercy and go to the international airport to take new pictures there. But take it codedly to avoid arrest. Do as if you are going to book arik airline. Hold your camera on your left hand. Do look at you camera. Just take anything you see and take many pix. I am waiting with great eagerness to see if i could fly direct soon.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 19, 2012
james_ibor: @Odenigbo and Bandit, why not keep d contest simple and devoid of name calling.

ANAMBRA STATE

Odumegwu Ojukwu

Chinua Achebe

Emeka Anyaoku

Chimamanda Adichie

Cardinal Arinze

Philip Emeagwali

Alex Ekwueme

Dora Akunyili

Charles Soludo

Oby Ezekwesili

Cletus Ibeto

Emeka Offor

Mikel Obi

P square

Nnamdi Azikiwe

Chike Obi

Ben Enweonwu

Pius Okigbo

Chuba Okadigbo

Jerome Udoji

Cyprian Ekwensi

Osita Osadebe

Oliver de Coque

Samuel Okoye etc

...and where are 80 percent of them living or raising their kids. Piggy backing off other people's name or achievement is so 1980s.

Look, nobody has got any beef with anambra peeps. They are just there doing their thing while we are also doing ours. They are no more important to us than say Ebonyi, Abia, Imo or even Lagos state but anambra people have got to start learning how to respect other people because ain't nobody seeing them.

The era of empty boasts and mentioning dubious millionaires are long gone and people are smarter now and more outspoken and can easily see through all those bullsh!t now.

Maybe others might shy away from countering those fallacies but not me. I am Bandit C. and I bring it to any body's doorstep unrepentantly.

Enugu people cannot be intimidated anymore period.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by NRIPRIEST(m): 12:25pm On Nov 19, 2012
Bandit C.:

Anuofia. I thought for a second there you were threatening fire and brimstone against Enugu and her people, why then do you wanna chicken out so quickly?

I reiterate, you are a big fool with no substance. Just enough empty boasts and chest beating to go around.

How exactly you want to drive your points home without being able to spell baffles me. I engage only smart peeps worthy of my attention not !diots like you.

Now run along retard and come back when you can live up to your threats.

And keep Enugu State out of your mouth while at it.

Ekwensu kpo kwa gi oku there.

Somethings are left unsaid.....But dont forget i am from Anambra and that alone should send fear down your spine. I dont wanna insult the whole Enugu but just wanted to correct a false impression. What will i achieve by engaging you in e-fight? Dude,go do something meaningful with your life. And if you wanna continue this we should start with the list of projects Chime's government has brought to Enugu and compare them with what Obi has brought to Anambra. Again,Enugu is not the pride of the east and can never be! A state with zero human resources....nonsense!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by achi4u(m): 12:26pm On Nov 19, 2012
@james ibor
You realy captured all the heavy weight champions of Igboland to be from Anambra state lolgrin

But,again,this is not we are discussing....

We all need to love one another bcause Igboland is too small to be divided by tribal line.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Abagworo(m): 12:51pm On Nov 19, 2012
Keep insulting yourselves on this forum. Enugu is livable and most successful Anambrians live in Enugu more than Anambra because they are same people and consider Anambra as a place to hustle and Enugu as a place to relax.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ACM10: 12:53pm On Nov 19, 2012

ANAMBRA STATE

Odumegwu Ojukwu

Chinua Achebe

Emeka Anyaoku

Chimamanda Adichie

Cardinal Arinze

Philip Emeagwali

Alex Ekwueme

Dora Akunyili

Charles Soludo

Oby Ezekwesili

Cletus Ibeto

Emeka Offor

Mikel Obi

P square

Nnamdi Azikiwe

Chike Obi

Ben Enweonwu

Pius Okigbo

Chuba Okadigbo

Jerome Udoji

Cyprian Ekwensi

Osita Osadebe

Oliver de Coque

Samuel Okoye etc

The list is unnecessary. As an Anambrarian, I feel so ashamed of your action. If not for the cooperation of other Ndigbo, would Zik, Ojukwu, Ekwueme have achieved much? We all need each other to progress. We should not play this politics against our fellow Umuigbo. I feel so ashamed to boast with someones achievement.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Odunnu: 1:45pm On Nov 19, 2012
Odi ka oge mga ejii pua na threadia e rugo

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by LordNaya: 2:25pm On Nov 19, 2012
The supremacist abnormality and inability to control emotions is why i have issues with Nri Priest, Chino and Okija Juju when it comes to Igbo matters,. When it comes to the political development and beautiful environment, Enugu State is the pride of the East. When it comes to educational development and tourism, Imo State is the pride of the East. When it comes to manufacturing, Abia State is the pride of the east. When it comes to commerce and trade, Anambra State is the pride of the East. When it comes to agriculture and solid minerals, Ebonyi State is the Pride of the East. LET IT BE MADE KNOWN THAT NO IGBO STATE IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE OTHER BUT WE INDIVIDUAL HAVE SECTORS THAT ARE SUPERIOR TO OTHERS. ENUGU IS NOT MORE IMPORTANT TO ANY IGBO STATE BUT HAVE AREAS IT DOES BETTER THAN OTHERS. Pls all uninformed supremacist hawks should keep off from this thread and any Igbo thread. Udo diri Ndi Igbo. Isee !!!

9 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 2:32pm On Nov 19, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

Somethings are left unsaid.....But dont forget i am from Anambra and that alone should send fear down your spine.
Are you not ahsmed to utter the bolded. Don't you feel like a foool just reading the rubbish you just spewed. At times i wonder whether some of you were born in a motor park. Can't you live and let others live? You guys have been the only Igbos causing trouble on this forum. If you're not insulting Abia, it's Imo, Enugu, Ebonyi. Do you think you're better than other people. It's your boastful nature that will lead you to your grave. Bastarred. Anambra boasts of the mkost succesful and recognized Igbos worldwide and nobody is disputing that but when it comes to the livability in the SE, give it to Enugu. I wonder why it's paining you guys considering the fact that a lot of Anambrarians contributed towards what Enugu is today. Do you think if Enugu was left to just Nkanu people, they would have achieved this much? Tufikwa gi.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 19, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

Somethings are left unsaid.....But dont forget i am from Anambra and that alone should send fear down your spine. I dont wanna insult the whole Enugu but just wanted to correct a false impression. What will i achieve by engaging you in e-fight? Dude,go do something meaningful with your life. And if you wanna continue this we should start with the list of projects Chime's government has brought to Enugu and compare them with what Obi has brought to Anambra. Again,Enugu is not the pride of the east and can never be! A state with zero human resources....nonsense!

Nah mate, you can only send chills down your own wrecked spines.

I am more than a match for you and can take you all head on.

Some of you anambra peeps are simply annoying on these boards and need to be called out, and that is my pleasure to do.

For more than 58 pages of this wonderfully crafted and presented thread, you lot have been bickering here and there, staggering all over this thread like a wounded lion for something as flimsy as it's title because your worthless ego has been hurt.

In all these, people have begged you touts over and over not to derail the thread and if you so desire, open your own thread and name it whatever the hell you like but you refused.

To you !diots, it goes, how dare Enugu, be ndi wawa, in your usual condescending tones declare their home state the pride of the east? common wawa kwa? Did I get that correct?

Well, I have had it up to here and would like to remind you peeps that you are trash and that for now, Enugu remains the pride of the east.

We have zero human resources but we have come quite a distance with our "zero" human resources.

How are you guys fairing with your millions of human resources over there mate?

Do not make me laugh. Bloody natural born haters.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 3:11pm On Nov 19, 2012
Lolllllll, what did I read from Morenike and Bittyend? I'm Crayola and Onila? I actually think Londoner, Crayola and I sound and think alike. Must be an Igbo girl thing. cool No iota of razzness, just impeccable class.cool So it isn't farfetched to assume such. But, Onila of all people? You think I'm you and Onila's age/playmate?
So Morenike you can't say it to my face, you're hiding in an over-50 paged thread, where there's a possibility of me not seeing it?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Sunnybobo3(m): 3:41pm On Nov 19, 2012
Can d moderators please clean up this thread.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by vanbonattel: 5:13pm On Nov 19, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli:

You mean the Umu-Omanbala that kills their mother for money rituals?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OdenigboAroli(m): 5:27pm On Nov 19, 2012
van bonattel:

You mean the Umu-Omanbala that kills their mother for money rituals?

Like who and who did such or you are just peddling hateful rumours just because you find it difficult to achieve what they have achieved. There is nothing like "money rituals" but hardwork and business acumen,which you probably don't have. Lazy and weak fellows think like that because they are jealous and can't achieve what the people they accuse of money ritual has achieved. Get up from your lazy a..ss and go to work, or else you will die a wretched loser. Stop hating and hail the Igbo with guts!

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by vanbonattel: 5:33pm On Nov 19, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli:

Like who and who did such or you are just peddling hateful rumours just because you find it difficult to achieve what they have achieved. There is nothing like "money rituals" but hardwork and business acumen,which you probably don't have. Lazy and weak fellows think like that because they are jealous and can't achieve what the people they accuse of money ritual has achieved. Get up from your lazy a..ss and go to work, or else you will die a wretched loser. Stop hating and hail the Igbo with guts!

Got you there, no money rituals no superior Igbos, there are still very dirty poor peeps in Omanbala and very rich and pretty Ebonyi citizens. Your superiority is a fallacy bestowed on you by your elders and you are now crying because other igbo states are overtaking you. grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (714) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.