Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,167 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1783790 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by macjive01: 5:29pm On Nov 21, 2012
^^^ please could u attach a brief description or simple label to the photos. Thanks
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ACM10: 5:43pm On Nov 21, 2012
Ikengawo, where is this location?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ACM10: 5:53pm On Nov 21, 2012
spyder880: There is no need for us to be blowing hot air around. This thread was opened with utmost innocence, driven by a desire to promote a city withing Igboland so that other Igbo people can look at it and be proud of it, as "our own"

I have never looked down on my brothers from other Igbo states as I share great friendships with great individuals from all Igbo states and beyond. I still respect everybody, despite our different feelings (hence we are human).

I should think Anambra people are supposed to be most propud of Enugu, why? Because they built it! Go to every great investment happening in Enugu and you will see an Anambra man as part of it. Beautiful houses in Independence layout, New Haven and Trans Ekulu were mostly built and owned by Anambra people. Imo, Ebonyi and Abia people also own good businesses here, so we should all be proud of the town.

I urge all warring parties to sheath their swords as there is no need for all the heat. In my attempt to be just and fair (in my human limitations, as I cannot claim to be a saint), I have opened threads to promote other Igbo states according to what I think they are best at. I did a thread on Onitsha, and even Owerri, and supported Achi4u when he opened a thread on Abakaliki, but I abandoned the idea when it started to look like my aim/mission did not recieve the type of feedback I hoped for.

Odenigbo Aroli, Bandit.C and other brothers should please calm down and allow peace to reign. We share a common identity, and should not allow trivialities to constitute a hitch to our brotherly love.

I also urge other Igbo people to start threads to promote our towns and states for the sake of update of information on developments and promotion of tourism.

It shall be well with Alaigbo!!!
You are a true son of your father. cool Thanks for your comment.
We moderates should not stay quiet and allow fringe elements to define us. We should speak up against forces or actions that seek to divide us.

Igbo bu Igbo, e kene mu unu.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by HighChief4(m): 2:33am On Nov 22, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:
So when will we start posting something that ought to make us proud nau?

angry

All I see na "Enugu, the kwikstop of The east"

Shut up Ma'am and get off Igbo thread, abi you are looking for Igbo husband?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:42am On Nov 22, 2012
High_Chief:

Shut up Ma'am and get off Igbo thread, abi you are looking for Igbo husband?

And the husbands are supposed to be the mini ediots on NL/Politics section?
I must have hit a nerve for you to type up something this lame.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ikengawo: 5:42am On Nov 22, 2012
ACM10: Ikengawo, where is this location?
idk, i just know it's Enugu
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ikengawo: 5:51am On Nov 22, 2012

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ACM10: 8:43am On Nov 22, 2012
Ikengawo:
idk, i just know it's Enugu
That should be Bisala road.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by joeluv: 9:29pm On Nov 22, 2012
The newly constructed DUu river bridge umulokpa-uzouwani Enugu state

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by joeluv: 9:36pm On Nov 22, 2012
Mbanugo st asphalt work in progress. Enugu 2012

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by joeluv: 9:37pm On Nov 22, 2012
Airport bypass 2012: Enugu
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by joeluv: 9:38pm On Nov 22, 2012
Airport bypass: Enugu

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by joeluv: 9:41pm On Nov 22, 2012
2nd zik avenue bridge in progress

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ACM10: 9:43pm On Nov 22, 2012
Enugu adibago mma
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by joeluv: 9:54pm On Nov 22, 2012
The old and the new bridge: uzouwani

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by joeluv: 9:55pm On Nov 22, 2012
Olo-umulokpa uzouwani asphalt overlay in progress:Enugu 2012

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by joeluv: 9:58pm On Nov 22, 2012
Enugu 2012

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 10:55pm On Nov 22, 2012
Nice nice. plz keep the pictures coming. we need more. the airport. more pix plz.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 10:58pm On Nov 22, 2012
joeluv: Airport bypass: Enugu
Airport bypass. plz explain better. Are they building a new and separate road to the airport?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:49am On Nov 23, 2012
I'm impressed with the Enugu state gov't, considering the budget they have to work with......carrying out works not just in Enugu metropolitan, but also connecting the rural areas with bridges and roads.

You can see works are still on-going, unlike some other state gov'ts that give excuses of the rainy season or paucity of funds for stopping work.....that's when they even bother to start in the first place.

I just hope that as the Governor has gone AWOL, that his deputy and others don't slack or start embezzling funds, as that attitude seems to be the default setting of most Nigerian politicians.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:02am On Nov 23, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:
I'm impressed with the Enugu state gov't, considering the budget they have to work with......carrying out works not just in Enugu metropolitan, but also connecting the rural areas with bridges and roads.

You can see works are still on-going, unlike some other state gov'ts that give excuses of the rainy season or paucity of funds for stopping work.....that's when they even bother to start in the first place.

I just hope that as the Governor has gone AWOL, that his deputy and others don't slack or start embezzling funds, as that attitude seems to be the default setting of most Nigerian politicians.

Here we go again! Where do you live? Abroad or Nigeria ? When was the last time you toured Anambra state?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 1:16am On Nov 23, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli:

Here we go again! Where do you live? Abroad or Nigeria ? When was the last time you toured Anambra state?
my friend get off this post are you sick something...where in the post did the proud igbo mention anambra. Leave people to their views and stop derailing this thread. Please just leave this thread.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by vanbonattel: 4:56am On Nov 23, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli:

Nwanne tell them!

Peter Obi is doing much more contracts and Anambra is better than enugu!

Only that Obi is doing the projects in Jupiter and Venus so nobody can take pictures of it grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by NRIPRIEST(m): 5:06am On Nov 23, 2012
centje: my friend get off this post are you sick something...where in the post did the proud igbo mention anambra. Leave people to their views and stop derailing this thread. Please just leave this thread.

You must think we are bunch of fools who cant read between the lines. Why the need for him to compare?? You lots must leave Obi alone when you applaud your governor. Do that and watch if I care about Chime and what is happening in Enugu "city".
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mensdept: 5:06am On Nov 23, 2012
Can we do without the very childish green and white Zebra blocks?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by NRIPRIEST(m): 5:13am On Nov 23, 2012
van bonattel:

Nwanne tell them!

Peter Obi is doing much more contracts and Anambra is better than enugu!

Only that Obi is doing the projects in Jupiter and Venus so nobody can take pictures of it grin grin grin grin grin

What more can I say? You have no integrity and honesty! You initially claimed to be from Anambra but its impossible for you to hide from yourself....it didnt take time for everybody to figure you are indeed from Enugu. You should bury your face in shame.....I have nothing else to tell you but you can keep lieing to yourself.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mensdept: 5:16am On Nov 23, 2012
^^What difference does it make? You guys didnt even create these containment states in the first place. Both Enugu and Anambra are currentlly local states without anything of World Class Standard.

But tell me, is it true Obi is building a mall in ABUJA?

If so, then Ndigbo are finished and are trully confused.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 6:47am On Nov 23, 2012
mens dept: ^^What difference does it make? You guys didnt even create these containment states in the first place. Both Enugu and Anambra are currentlly local states without anything of World Class Standard.

But tell me, is it true Obi is building a mall in ABUJA?

If so, then Ndigbo are finished and are trully confused.
I dont know why you ofenmanus always poke your nose in issues that dont concern you! Tell me besides lagos what other city in yourobber land that can boast of standard infrastrcuture? Is it Ibadan? The largest slum in Africa? Or Abeokuta which despite having an indigenous head of state twice still cant compete with owerri or is it Akure, that isnt more planned than Umuahia, i could go on and on, but the only problem is i'm explaining all these to an overfed donkey! If any Igbo state had the Advantage that lagos had(colony,Capital and shores) that city would be better than dubai by now! So just shut your mouth and get a life!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 8:24am On Nov 23, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli:

Where did you see Anambra in his post? Why do you just like looking for trouble.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by vanbonattel: 8:04pm On Nov 23, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

What more can I say? You have no integrity and honesty! You initially claimed to be from Anambra but its impossible for you to hide from yourself....it didnt take time for everybody to figure you are indeed from Enugu. You should bury your face in shame.....I have nothing else to tell you but you can keep lieing to yourself.

This coming from a fake individual who uses three names to post on this forum is laughable grin

You have given the axiom 'kettle calling pot black' a new twang, we are going to give you awards for your chameleon instincts. Please reply me with your third user name Mr Odenigbo arol... Sorry Nri shrine pries....sorry emmmmm....
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by vanbonattel: 8:12pm On Nov 23, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

You must think we are bunch of fools who cant read between the lines. Why the need for him to compare?? You lots must leave Obi alone when you applaud your governor. Do that and watch if I care about Chime and what is happening in Enugu "city".

Obi is the best governor in the world and I just saw it on Al jazeera news that he won the best governor in the world. My annoyance with him is why he passed a law banning anybody from taking the pictures of all the projects he has been commisioning everyday. Three year in jail. It is on CNN now, the international airPOT he just built at uppea iwekka grin grin grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:03am On Nov 24, 2012
@ Odenigbo aroli, van bonattel, please lets try and be civil. Please keep to the topic, thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.