Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,124 members, 7,818,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

What Is Islamic View Of Banking In Nigeria - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Is Islamic View Of Banking In Nigeria (4938 Views)

A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State / Jarus & Olabowale: Why Is Islamic Teaching And Belief Not Uniform? / Pls Is Islamic Naming The 7th Day Or 8th Day ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Islamic View Of Banking In Nigeria by OmoAwo: 8:03pm On Aug 19, 2008
Back to the topic of Islamic View of Banking.

Islamic View on Interest (Usury) is well articlated in the Bible.

Exodus 22:25-27
25 " If you lend money to any of My people who are poor among you, you shall not be like a moneylender to him; you shall not charge him interest.
26 "If you ever take your neighbor's garment as a pledge, you shall return it to him before the sun goes down.
27 "For that is his only covering, it is his garment for his skin. What will he sleep in? And it will be that when he cries to Me, I will hear, for I am gracious.
----------------

Leviticus 25:35-37
35 ' If one of your brethren becomes poor, and falls into poverty among you, then you shall help him, like a stranger or a sojourner, that he may live with you.
36 'Take no usury or interest from him; but fear your God, that your brother may live with you.
37 'You shall not lend him your money for usury, nor lend him your food at a profit.
---------------

Deuteronomy 23:19 " You shall not charge interest to your brother -- interest on money or food or anything that is lent out at interest.
--------------
Nehemiah 5:10,11
10 "I also, with my brethren and my servants, am lending them money and grain. Please, let us stop this usury!
11 "Restore now to them, even this day, their lands, their vineyards, their olive groves, and their houses, also a hundredth of the money and the grain, the new wine and the oil, that you have charged them."
-------------
Psalm 15:5
He who does not put out his money at usury, Nor does he take a bribe against the innocent. He who does these things shall never be moved.
------------
Proverbs 28:8
One who increases his possessions by usury and extortion Gathers it for him who will pity the poor.
-----------

Jeremiah 15:10
10 Woe is me, my mother, That you have borne me, A man of strife and a man of contention to the whole earth! I have neither lent for interest, Nor have men lent to me for interest. Every one of them curses me.
----------
Ezekiel 18:7-9
7 If he has not oppressed anyone, But has restored to the debtor his pledge; Has robbed no one by violence, But has given his bread to the hungry And covered the naked with clothing;
8 If he has not exacted usury Nor taken any increase, But has withdrawn his hand from iniquity And executed true judgment between man and man;
9 If he has walked in My statutes And kept My judgments faithfully -- He is just; He shall surely live!" Says the Lord GOD.
---------
Ezekiel 18:13
If he has exacted usury Or taken increase -- Shall he then live? He shall not live! If he has done any of these abominations, He shall surely die; His blood shall be upon him.
---------
Ezekiel 18:17
Who has withdrawn his hand from the poor And not received usury or increase, But has executed My judgments And walked in My statutes -- He shall not die for the iniquity of his father; He shall surely live!
--------
Ezekiel 22:12
"In you they take bribes to shed blood; you take usury and increase; you have made profit from your neighbors by extortion, and have forgotten Me," says the Lord GOD.
---------
(All references are from the New King James Bible)
Re: What Is Islamic View Of Banking In Nigeria by alimat2(f): 4:47pm On Sep 04, 2009
Here we are again.
Re: What Is Islamic View Of Banking In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:33am On Sep 05, 2009
wonder why muslims cant do without ferreting in the bible to defend islam.  grin
Re: What Is Islamic View Of Banking In Nigeria by chic2pimp(m): 4:42am On Sep 05, 2009
davidylan:

wonder why muslims cant do without ferreting in the bible to defend islam.  grin
grin grin U make no bones about it. U hate Islam The Religion with a passion. Don't you? undecided
Re: What Is Islamic View Of Banking In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:46am On Sep 05, 2009
chic2pimp:

grin grin U make no bones about it. U hate Islam The Religion with a passion. Don't you? undecided

no question about that. Its a false religion that "survives" only by clinging to judaism (even going as far as stealing their temple site) and stealing from the bible.
Re: What Is Islamic View Of Banking In Nigeria by chic2pimp(m): 5:26am On Sep 05, 2009
davidylan:

no question about that. Its a false religion that "survives" only by clinging to judaism (even going as far as stealing their temple site) and stealing from the bible.
grin grin grin. Nah u talk am ooo. Islam when followed diligently is actually a nice and peaceful religion. What y'all see on t.v are the extremist or nutters to use a better word.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dealing With The Fitnah (temptation) Of Women / Don't let Cultural Challenges make you immodest and vulgar person / Excuses For Missing Salah (prayer)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.