Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,379 members, 7,819,382 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

Sell Your Blackberries: The Company Is Going Down Fast - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Sell Your Blackberries: The Company Is Going Down Fast (3236 Views)

10 Reasons Why Android Phones Are Better Than Iphones & Blackberries / Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle / Blackberries To Get Android Phones? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sell Your Blackberries: The Company Is Going Down Fast by JimOvia: 1:55pm On Jul 03, 2012
A word is enough for the wise oh. I'm selling my Bold 4 with lots of softwares and music for #20k. I don't want to be stuck with it when RIM collapses.
It is already showing in their service fluctuations and downtimes

Remember the CrackBerry?

Five years ago, the buzzing gadget was all the rage -- the rock star of mobile communication and seemingly every office drone's high-tech status symbol.

Sober-minded professionals talked about BlackBerry addiction and "phantom vibrations" that caused users to reach for the devices even when they weren't actually doing anything.

"It's like Pavlov's dog," B. Marc Averitt, a technology investor, told The New York Times in 2007, referring to the gut-level longing users felt for the click-clack of the phone's keyboard and humming notice that a new personal message had arrived.

Fast-forward to Thursday, and what was the word?

"Depressing. That's the only word that comes to mind after reading the RIM Q1 financial results press release and listening to the conference call," Chris Umiastowski wrote for the site CrackBerry, which emerged in 2007, eight years after BlackBerry's first two-way paging device was released.

"(But) as crappy as the results were, I'm not going to write up a death certificate for RIM here."

He didn't. And that shows that the folks who still love their BlackBerry still really love their BlackBerry. But let's be clear: Some analysts do say it's over for the BlackBerry.

"Anyone who's been paying attention isn't surprised by BlackBerry maker Research In Motion's recent collapse," a blogger for ReadWriteWeb wrote. "It's unfortunate, but it's been inevitable."

BlackBerry maker Research In Motion announced Thursday it is laying off 5,000 people -- and said earnings for the past three months were significantly less than expected, with the company reporting a first-quarter loss of $518 million. Sales were down 40% from last year. Furthermore, the new operating system it's pinning its hopes on will be delayed until next year, or, a full year after it was originally expected.

Couple all of that with more reports that the company might be looking to sell off its once dominant service, and you had what amounted to a devastating head-kick for the Canadian company. It capped off a gut-punch of a financial year that has seen RIM's stock price drop 70%.

So, what happened? As an even more gadget-obsessed society than we were five years ago, how did we stop being BlackBerry fiends.

[url]articles.cnn.com/2012-06-29/tech/tech_mobile_blackberry-fall_1_blackberry-maker-new-iphone-portable-music-player-market[/url]
Re: Sell Your Blackberries: The Company Is Going Down Fast by Excelboi(m): 4:42pm On Jul 03, 2012
Dude, Ever since hav bn using mine, no downfall except fro the local network provider. See marketing strategy.
Re: Sell Your Blackberries: The Company Is Going Down Fast by tonyx4x44(m): 8:37pm On Jul 03, 2012
Omo you get time o!
șȇNT from my blackberry™ device.

1 Like

Re: Sell Your Blackberries: The Company Is Going Down Fast by Chizzybenjamin(m): 9:30pm On Jul 03, 2012
@ OP I sell BB fones n its still in demand here.
Pls send urs 2 me,cash is very ready.07036814644
Re: Sell Your Blackberries: The Company Is Going Down Fast by mazizitonene(m): 11:43am On Jul 04, 2012
Bold 4......‎​Ǎ̜̣̍m̶̲̥̅̊ interested oo....abeg where ​U̲̅ D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ ?......reply M̶̲̥̅Ƹ ot beta still call/sms 08185600918
Re: Sell Your Blackberries: The Company Is Going Down Fast by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 04, 2012
Chizzybenjamin: @ OP I sell BB fones n its still in demand here.
Pls send urs 2 me,cash is very ready.07036814644

how much does ur bold 2 n curve 4 go for?
Re: Sell Your Blackberries: The Company Is Going Down Fast by JimOvia: 11:06pm On Jul 04, 2012
mazizi tonene: Bold 4......‎​Ǎ̜̣̍m̶̲̥̅̊ interested oo....abeg where ​U̲̅ D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ ?......reply M̶̲̥̅Ƹ ot beta still call/sms 08185600918

Abuja. You guys aren't heeding the warning?
Re: Sell Your Blackberries: The Company Is Going Down Fast by mazizitonene(m): 10:37am On Jul 08, 2012
So how can I get it ASAP? Dhl or........
Re: Sell Your Blackberries: The Company Is Going Down Fast by Dabss(m): 4:50pm On Jul 08, 2012
rim is going to take back its throne very soon.just wait for os 10
i just pity IOS cos honestly, its getting old and boring
Re: Sell Your Blackberries: The Company Is Going Down Fast by ewizard1: 5:05pm On Jul 09, 2012
Lolzzz... Be it Market Strategy or not. RIM's charm was not working on me right from the time they introduced the device. It has been Nokia all the way. Symbian to be precise. Even if i'm gonna swerve, the APPLE would say Welcome! *winks*
Re: Sell Your Blackberries: The Company Is Going Down Fast by brianromel(m): 9:32pm On Jul 09, 2012
If blackberry is facing crisis, they should come to naija, cos most people here will die for them.

But its a pity things are going real bad for them in major countries where their service is the norm. By the time the pullout blackberry 10,it might just be too late. Well atleast microsoft is eyeing the company with glee and interest. Next thing you know facebook might make it known they are interested in it.
Re: Sell Your Blackberries: The Company Is Going Down Fast by wunmzynizzle: 7:09pm On Nov 07, 2014
Pls my blackberry Q5 battery is bad is it possible for me to change the battery? Or what do you advice I do?
Re: Sell Your Blackberries: The Company Is Going Down Fast by Emeka71(m): 5:49am On Nov 08, 2014
JimOvia:
A word is enough for the wise oh. I'm selling my Bold 4 with lots of softwares and music for #20k. I don't want to be stuck with it when RIM collapses.
It is already showing in their service fluctuations and downtimes

[url]articles.cnn.com/2012-06-29/tech/tech_mobile_blackberry-fall_1_blackberry-maker-new-iphone-portable-music-player-market[/url]
Tecno and Android is phasing out Blackberry.
Re: Sell Your Blackberries: The Company Is Going Down Fast by elvision1(m): 5:12pm On Oct 09, 2016
Emeka71:
Tecno and Android is phasing out Blackberry.

it has happened my guy.

1 Like

Re: Sell Your Blackberries: The Company Is Going Down Fast by sugarboii(m): 7:21pm On Oct 09, 2016
This OP get good foresight oo
Re: Sell Your Blackberries: The Company Is Going Down Fast by Lagusta(m): 11:42pm On Oct 09, 2016
After 4yrs, the OP's prediction came true...

RIP BlackBerry
Re: Sell Your Blackberries: The Company Is Going Down Fast by iamtewwy(m): 7:32am On Oct 10, 2016
Lagusta:
After 4yrs, the OP's prediction came true...

RIP BlackBerry

Lol cheesy
Re: Sell Your Blackberries: The Company Is Going Down Fast by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 10, 2016
op you will make a good prophet, please enter into church business :p grin
Re: Sell Your Blackberries: The Company Is Going Down Fast by fowlyansh181(m): 9:50am On Oct 10, 2016
Lmaoo, ran into this thread, they mocked him, but his prediction came to pass!

1 Like

Re: Sell Your Blackberries: The Company Is Going Down Fast by fowlyansh181(m): 9:52am On Oct 10, 2016
Dabss:
rim is going to take back its throne very soon.just wait for os 10
i just pity IOS cos honestly, its getting old and boring
who actually is pitying whom now? Ios pities all of you grin
Re: Sell Your Blackberries: The Company Is Going Down Fast by dasphinx1(m): 10:02am On Oct 10, 2016
fowlyansh181:

grin grin grin grin
Re: Sell Your Blackberries: The Company Is Going Down Fast by Dabss(m): 10:58pm On Oct 10, 2016
fowlyansh181:
seriously? undecided
Re: Sell Your Blackberries: The Company Is Going Down Fast by fowlyansh181(m): 6:46am On Oct 11, 2016
Dabss:
seriously? undecided
yes. Lol richest company, and most valuable company this 2016 is Apple, 2nd is google, 3rd is Cocacola. Yes seriously!
Re: Sell Your Blackberries: The Company Is Going Down Fast by Dabss(m): 7:18am On Oct 11, 2016
fowlyansh181:
yes. Lol richest company, and most valuable company this 2016 is Apple, 2nd is google, 3rd is Cocacola. Yes seriously!
alright, here is your cookie.
Re: Sell Your Blackberries: The Company Is Going Down Fast by fowlyansh181(m): 2:07pm On Oct 11, 2016
Dabss:
alright, here is your cookie.
lmaoo grin don't make it easy .. grin grin
Re: Sell Your Blackberries: The Company Is Going Down Fast by prettytolanee(f): 2:41pm On Oct 11, 2016
I used to love this phone before.
Re: Sell Your Blackberries: The Company Is Going Down Fast by Dabss(m): 4:50pm On Oct 11, 2016
fowlyansh181:
lmaoo grin don't make it easy .. grin grin
still want some more? cheesy
Re: Sell Your Blackberries: The Company Is Going Down Fast by fowlyansh181(m): 5:51pm On Oct 11, 2016
Dabss:
still want some more? cheesy
yes of course grin grin wink

(1) (Reply)

Is It True That Tecno K9 Has OTG? / 24 Hidden Android Settings You Should Know About / Get Free 100MB Data To Your MTN Line Now.......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.