Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? (11279 Views)

How Are Your Older Folks Responding To New Technology? / Kegites Club: Unity In Diversity...please Introduce Urself And Ur Ilya / Question To The Fulani Folks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jul 05, 2012
Anonymous, you're a NP?
Nice.
I actually thought you were a teen for a while lol. I don't know why.

2 Likes

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jul 05, 2012
Ghana and south Africa are already doing that with them

Why can't we do the same since most of the slaves are from present day Nigeria?

Their form of African spirituality is also from present day Nigeria... We should be at the forefront of the cooperation, not Ghana or SA..
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 05, 2012
From your video - an AA (Henry Louis Gates) was the one finding the connection..

That's another example of them reaching out to us..
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by anonymous6(f): 6:51pm On Jul 05, 2012
shymmex:

When will they start caring?

Boko haram has bombed the shytehole to abyss, and they still don't care..

Corruption has created four wasted generations, yet the still don't care.. grin

They care, if you go to the political section of nairaland, it is northern problem in Nigeria which I feel is due to illiteracy and poverty not black unity
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by anonymous6(f): 6:51pm On Jul 05, 2012
shymmex: From you video - an AA (Henry Louis Gates) was the one finding the connection..

That's another example of them reaching out to us..

yup a african american who has criticize his own community on Oprah

1 Like

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 05, 2012
anonymous6:

They care, if you go to the political section of nairaland, it is northern problem in Nigeria which I feel is due to illiteracy and poverty not black unity

I'm a politics section of NL first round ballot hall of famer lol..

The coons there are tribal bigots, agent provocateurs, and unintelligent folks...

That's arguably the worst section on NL - bunch of "educated" fools. grin
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 05, 2012
anonymous6:

yup a african american who has criticize his own community on Oprah

I know the guy is a little bit twisted by he speaks the truth most of the time...

His own community isn't perfect, and you can't crucify him for saying the truth.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by anonymous6(f): 6:55pm On Jul 05, 2012
shymmex:

Why can't we do the same since most of the slaves are from present day Nigeria?

Their form of African spirituality is also from present day Nigeria... We should be at the forefront of the cooperation, not Ghana or SA..

because Nigeria doesn't see it as a priority which I don't really say it is wrong though. Despite Ghana doing it citizens of Ghana are not really for it, when it comes to South Africa well it makes sense. they have a connection with black Americans that no other African countries have, but nothing wrong with that
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by anonymous6(f): 6:57pm On Jul 05, 2012
shymmex:

I know the guy is a little bit twisted by he speaks the truth most of the time...

His own community isn't perfect, and you can't crucify him for saying the truth.

I am not crucifying him but he and Oprah are in the same most in their own community, many in his community don't like him entirely
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by queensmith: 6:57pm On Jul 05, 2012
shymmex:

White Brazilians don't see themselves as white because most of them have black blood in them.. They're just Brazilians.

thats not true- there is a clear difference between white brazilians and the rest of them. They come from many non black countries they dont have black blood in them. Thats why they are called 'white'.

2 Likes

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by anonymous6(f): 6:59pm On Jul 05, 2012
shymmex:

I'm a politics section of NL first round ballot hall of famer lol..

The coons there are tribal bigots, agent provocateurs, and unintelligent folks...

That's arguably the worst section on NL - bunch of "educated" fools. grin

well you have some points but I have seen some very good threads that I have read were educated Nigerians have complained, so I wouldn't say they are all fools
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 05, 2012
anonymous6:
because Nigeria doesn't see it as a priority which I don't really say it is wrong though. Despite Ghana doing it citizens of Ghana are not really for it, when it comes to South Africa well it makes sense. they have a connection with black Americans that no other African countries have, but nothing wrong with that

we have to agree to disagree on this..
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 05, 2012
queensmith:
thats not true- there is a clear difference between white brazilians and the rest of them. They come from many non black countries they dont have black blood in them. Thats why they are called 'white'.

You just like arguing for the sake of it... They're Brazilians!!

Even their President said he has black blood in him... There are no pure white blood in Brazil or South America..
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by anonymous6(f): 7:04pm On Jul 05, 2012
shymmex:

we have to agree to disagree on this..

True
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 05, 2012
anonymous6:

I am not crucifying him but he and Oprah are in the same most in their own community, many in his community don't like him entirely

I know they don't really like him, but I just pointed what's he doing regarding to reaching out..

The black community in America don't like Bill Cosby as well, but does that make him a bad person?

He was part of those who started the DNA ancestry thing - and he's a very good friend of Prof. Wole Soyinka..

He also said he's of Yoruba ancestry.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by queensmith: 7:11pm On Jul 05, 2012
shymmex:

You just like arguing for the sake of it... They're Brazilians!!

Even their President said he has black blood in him... There are no pure white blood in Brazil or South America..

Thats like saying because obama is part black all americans are black?

no i just pointed that out because its something I know is wrong, that wasnt an intent to argue, just ruling out falsehood.

2 Likes

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jul 05, 2012
anonymous6:
well you have some points but I have seen some very good threads that I have read were educated Nigerians have complained, so I wouldn't say they are all fools

Complain? How long are they going to complain for?

Even the bible said; "the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and violence take it by force." Since Nigerians are notorious for being religious, why can't they do what their bibles told them?? Nah, they just sit there and complain everyday like kids.

You have to fight for your freedom - no one will give it to you on a platter of gold.

1 Like

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by anonymous6(f): 7:13pm On Jul 05, 2012
shymmex:

I know they don't really like him, but I just pointed what's he doing regarding to reaching out..

The black community in America don't like Bill Cosby as well, but does that make him a bad person?

He was part of those who started the DNA ancestry thing - and he's a very good friend of Prof. Wole Soyinka..

He also said he's of Yoruba ancestry.

of course it doesn't make him a bad person, including Bill Cosby, he is a very educated and good man. I already know about the Bill Cosby fiasco and how his community did to him but what I am trying to tell you is if the majority of his community are treating him, Bill Cosby, Oprah like that, what does that tell you of that community as a whole?
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jul 05, 2012
queensmith:
Thats like saying because obama is part black all americans are black?

no i just pointed that out because its something I know is wrong, that wasnt an intent to argue, just ruling out falsehood.

Obama isn't South American.. Most South Americans are from Latin Europe (Portugal and Spain), and they have been mixing with blacks from time immemorial...

Read the history of Spain and Portugal..

In case you don't know - the moors (blacks) ruled them over there for more than 500 years during the dark ages...

They're like Sicilians.

And they've mixed further with blacks in Brazil... They're Brazilians!!
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by anonymous6(f): 7:15pm On Jul 05, 2012
shymmex:

Complain? How long are they going to complain for?

Even the bible said; "the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and violence take it by force." Since Nigerians are notorious for being religious, why can't they do what their bibles told them?? Nah, they just sit there and complain everyday like kids.

You have to fight for your freedom - no one will give it to you on a platter of gold.

well Rome wasn't built in a day; and Nigeria has to fix their own backyard first before other peoples backyard
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jul 05, 2012
anonymous6:
of course it doesn't make him a bad person, including Bill Cosby, he is a very educated and good man. I already know about the Bill Cosby fiasco and how his community did to him but what I am trying to tell you is if the majority of his community are treating him, Bill Cosby, Oprah like that, what does that tell you of that community as a whole?

I can't take sides - but Bill Cosby overdo his bs sometimes..

How many times has he talked down on his people?? You don't talk down on your people, act like you're better than them, and expect them to embrace you...

Oprah on the other is an Aunt Tomasina - she is a spook who will rather celebrate white people than align with her people..

Fvck Oprah!! cool
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 05, 2012
anonymous6:

well Rome wasn't built in a day; and Nigeria has to fix their own backyard first before other peoples backyard

As we fix our backyard - why can't we build a bridge with them, and make money while doing it?

Tourism.... Selling our culture....... Good relationship

We can get millions of AAs, Black South Americans, and Caribbeans to our shores every year... They want to come, but we are not reaching out to them..

Imagine how much we will make yearly by making Osun/yemaja/slave routes a big international event for blacks in the diaspora?

That's one of the ways we can start the unity.

1 Like

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jul 05, 2012
anonymous6:

Now you and me are in the same page or going some where

what makes someone "african" to you?
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 05, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

what makes someone "african" to you?

grin grin grin

Miss Jamaica is here to finish it off. grin cool
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 05, 2012
Anonymous6

Nice discourse!! cool
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by ronkebp(f): 7:41pm On Jul 05, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
Would there ever be an universal unity with colored/Black folks?

Why is it when I see other nationalities...there are more unity amongst them than those of darker melanin? When one is removed from their original birthright...does it make them better than those who haven't made the total transition?

What do you think is the reason why there are so much disunity regarding Black/colored folks?

Let keep it real.

The answer is NO, the only reason that comes to mind right now, is because of our selfish nature, the average black man thinks about himself and what he can get from others. They would betray themselves in the long run, as it was during the time of slavery.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by anonymous6(f): 7:43pm On Jul 05, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Anonymous, you're a NP?
Nice.
I actually thought you were a teen for a while lol. I don't know why.

Thank you ileki

1 Like

Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 05, 2012
shymmex:

grin grin grin

Miss Jamaica is here to finish it off. grin cool

No I just want to see what she claims makes someone african.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by anonymous6(f): 7:46pm On Jul 05, 2012
shymmex:

As we fix our backyard - why can't we build a bridge with them, and make money while doing it?

Tourism.... Selling our culture....... Good relationship

We can get millions of AAs, Black South Americans, and Caribbeans to our shores every year... They want to come, but we are not reaching out to them..

Imagine how much we will make yearly by making Osun/yemaja/slave routes a big international event for blacks in the diaspora?

That's one of the ways we can start the unity.

did I say Nigerians can't do tourism with them, they seem to do it already now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn_BccN8bS4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U1iSSnGKFI
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jul 05, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

No I just want to see what she claims makes someone african.

grin grin

As long as you're a black man/woman you're from Africa. grin
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jul 05, 2012
anonymous6:
did I say Nigerians can't do tourism with them, they seem to do it already now

They need to do it on a bigger scale like the Festac 77 thing, and make it an annual event..

We've a lot to show case - and they can make it a 7-day event..

With that, Africa diaspora can start having a sense of belonging...

They get more connected to Africa...

I don't know how many times I've heard AAs, Black South Americans, and Afro-Caribbeans talk about Osun and Yemaja - yet most of them don't even know where Nigeria is on the map.... grin

Black unity is possible - but it has to be a gradual thing, and we need to start reaching out to them.
Re: Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 05, 2012
interesting.... wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Book On The Ibibio Culture / Dating A Nigerian Guy In China / BBC's Documentary On Ancient West African Megacities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.