Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,426 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

Ghanaian Govt Chasing Us Out, Lament Nigerian Bizmen - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghanaian Govt Chasing Us Out, Lament Nigerian Bizmen (2999 Views)

Buhari Storms Onitsha For Talk With South-east Bizmen / Tension Mounts In Abuja Over Demolition Of 172 Houses Belonging To Igbo Bizmen / Anambra Bizmen Panic As Kidnappers Place N200m Ransom On Seized Oil Tycoon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghanaian Govt Chasing Us Out, Lament Nigerian Bizmen by edoyad(m): 3:44pm On Jul 04, 2012
Gbawe:

My guy, there is no need for the back and forth. Think what you want and supply as many links of Nigerians linked to crime as you want. No one said Nigerians do not commit crime in Ghana and ultimately all your links prove nothing because adult, working with logic and facts, will know all you supply above , to bolster your ludicrous assertion, has to be taken in the context of overall statistical permutation and length of time which many reveal real useful and conjecture-free indicators.

If there are 5 to 10 cases of Nigerian involvement in crime monthly, what does that exactly tell us when there are 3000 cases of crime committed monthly by Ghanaians themselves?

You are working with dubious generalisation and this is why you can conclude 70% of 2 million Nigerians (if one believes the highest estimates) in Ghana are criminals i.e 1.4 million Nigerians. Surely it is clear if you can believe that then you can believe anything negative about Nigerians.

Sir, why do you even bother? There are people who do not see anything good in their fellow Nigerians
Re: Ghanaian Govt Chasing Us Out, Lament Nigerian Bizmen by Gbawe: 3:51pm On Jul 04, 2012
onatisi:

gbawe you are trying to prove a point which you seem not to have read my earlier write ups, i said there are nigerians here who are honest and pls did u read through the age bracket issue and did u lread through all my post or you only saw 70%and started attacking me , please read through very very well and understand what i have been saying forget the statictic, i wont join issues with u , i think i have passed that stage i think i have provided fact for the ppl at home to see and judge for themselves s about what is happening here in ghana

My guy, you have not provided any "fact". Rather, and with all due respect, all you show is a fondness for conjecture that is easily debunked by statistics and logical thinking. It is regrettable you embrace misconceptions, with no basis in reality, only to try and use dubious premises to pass that off as "fact".

For example, you are the same person who said this
THE PRISONS ARE FULL OF NIGERIANS I AM A NIGERIAN WHY WILL I LIE ABOUT MY OWN PPL

You make such statement riddled with lack of statistical balance and relational interpretation yet you are never willing to defer to those who work with facts, proven statistics and interprete issues dispassionately and correctly such as the Head of Public Relations at the Ghana Immigration Service.

My brother, you have not submitted any "facts" and I only see a readiness to generalise and stereotype others negatively like some Ghanaians who are happy to pander to ignorance, xenophobia and shocking bias. When there are only 707 foreigners in jail in Ghana, where does that put your wild assertion that 70% of 1-2 million Nigerians are criminals? There are 10,992.00 offenders in prison in Ghana according to authoritaive figures:
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_pri-crime-prisoners

If we assume , even generously, that Nigerians make up half of the 707 foreigners in Ghana prisons, i.e 353 prisoners, what is the ratio comparison to 10, 992.00 that encourage you and many Ghanaians to talk as wildly as you do? Is it about ignoring statistics to be making things up based on your own personal prejudice and bias? Do the real statistics not show that 95% of crimes in Ghana are committed by Ghanaians? That is how folks who shun conjecture think and arrive at conclusions which helps them see beyond the deception submitted by prejudiced/ignorant minds.

http://ghanadistricts.com/news/?read=40947

CRIME : 707 foreign nationals serving jail in Ghana

Seven hundred and seven foreigners, mainly Nigerians, are serving various sentences in Ghana’s prisons.

The inmates, including Chinese, Togolese, Beninois, Liberians, Camerounians, Americans, British and other African and Western nationals, are serving various sentences for crimes, including narcotics and armed robbery.

The Chief Public Relations Officer of the Ghana Prisons Service, ASP Courage Atsem, who made the statistics known, said apart from the Ashanti Region, there were foreigners in the prisons in other regions.

In a separate interview, the Head of Public Relations at the Ghana Immigration Service, ACP Francis Palmdeti, explained that Nigerians dominated the number of foreigners in the prisons probably because they constituted the highest number of expatriates in the country.

He said there had been a drastic increase in Nigerian expatriates arriving in the country over the years, adding that102,657 Nigerians legally arrived in Ghana in 2010, through the Eastern corridor.

ACP Palmdeti said in as much as some Nigerians and other foreigners were law-abiding and contributed to the socio-economic development of the society, there were also others who were criminals.
Re: Ghanaian Govt Chasing Us Out, Lament Nigerian Bizmen by londoner: 4:58pm On Jul 04, 2012
@Onatasi....you are not the only one who has been to Ghana.

Its false to say 70% of Nigerians in Ghana are criminals. there are more Nigerians studying in Ghana than criminals, I bet.

Too many good Nigerians hide, or deny being Nigerian abroad, so other nationals never confront the widely held view that all Nigerians are criminals.

Even though you were found to be innocent and a Nigerian, instead of tempering their view, they will again accuse you first, the next time something goes missing in your office.
Re: Ghanaian Govt Chasing Us Out, Lament Nigerian Bizmen by londoner: 5:33pm On Jul 04, 2012
@Gbawe....... wink
Re: Ghanaian Govt Chasing Us Out, Lament Nigerian Bizmen by mekaboy(m): 6:31pm On Jul 04, 2012
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbwUVvNY-SY?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbwUVvNY-SY?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Re: Ghanaian Govt Chasing Us Out, Lament Nigerian Bizmen by otokx(m): 6:42pm On Jul 04, 2012
Let them come home.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram Leader Shekau Releases New Video, Says Nigeria’s Election Will Not Ho / Bola Ahmed Tinubu!!! The Great Political Strategist Of Our Time. 8) / Obasanjo: I Am Not Corrupt, Atiku, Buhari And Others Are Corrupt [video]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.