Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,489 members, 7,819,778 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? (16188 Views)

Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories / Using Condom In Marriage:good Or Bad? / OPINION POLL: Silent Treatment - Maturity/immaturity? Good OR Bad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 22, 2012
then you are a greedy man
karpentar: Easy things are tempting, but only if they are forbidden to others. If the woman is easy for me but hard for everyone else, then no problems.
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by Chanchit: 4:15pm On Aug 22, 2012
I hate hearing that word "i will think about it" it makes the gurl sound childish to me... I was in talks with one some months back, and she told me she has a boyfriend, i even tried to persuade her cos i'm sure she must have more than one lashers, she said she can't double date, then i said no problem o, maybe she think i would come back the next day to beg again, me i jst burst the issue, now she finds every silly reasons to kal me, bt i'll never revisit the issue, unless she brings it up sha oo..

2 Likes

Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by blackboi(m): 4:16pm On Aug 22, 2012
MRbrownJAY: @OP
it all depends on the intentions of that said man, in regards to you. not all women are approached to become wifeys....some are approached SOLELY to be used and abused, and to these lot, we REQUIRE that they cheapened themselves, lol!

sadly, there are MANY women (and men) out there who are highly desperate and who are willing to go to amazing length to settle with someone (sometimes ANYONE), and there is not much we can do to help them. we can only look and shake our heads at the level they are willing to lower themselves.

there are many actions that would be considered CHEAP in my world:
- you beg/demand for any material thing WHATSOEVER .
- you have no class and yet expect to be treated like a celebrity.
- you dont know what the difference between a Sauvignon and a Chardonnay is, but yet you want to eat at the classiest restaurant in town.
- you've ridden okada and buses all your life but suddenly expect to be driven around, simply because you new BF has a car.
- you automatically expect your man to elevate you status to HIS own, simply because you guys are dating.
- you see anything remotely RIGHT about sleeping your way to get ANYTHING in life (other than the affection from your man)
- you believe that your money should be spent on yourself only.
- you love a man but yet dont want to show him that you do , for whatever reason (emotionally cheap)

******out of breath****** will be back for more, lol!

Harsh Truth grin
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by EEngineer1(m): 4:18pm On Aug 22, 2012
@op, it depends on what u are after

if its marriage then just be urself and dont play the game of hard to get

it also depends on what u describe as hard to get, being snobbish isnt playing hard to get its just being plain childish
i know some girls who because of their snobbish attitudes when they were in skul lost potential friends and soulmates, and after it all they got deflated and came down to earth and became the cheap ones

1 Like

Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 22, 2012
by d time hard to get plays them, they become desperate n start complaining dt they dont have head for husbands.
mtcheeewwww!

1 Like

Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by Nonnyrose: 4:19pm On Aug 22, 2012
Okija_juju: For a Girl:

As a litmus test to see if a guy is really interested in you, yes it is good..

HOWEVER: Too much of it can make you out to be a stuck-up biitch..

But if na me dey pursue you, I am not into all that Hard to get bullshit!

Life is too short for me to be on a longthing..

so true, playing hard 2 get is so yesterday.the girls of era has completely gone wild and the are everywhere. When u re busy play hard 2 get, three ladies re taking ur place. Even in marriage u still have to sit up b4 some lady comes in and throw u out. What i do is dat when i like a guy and he approaches me,i jst get 2 knw him atleast give him a soft landing bt if i dont dig u i will let u know instead of play wit u. I love myself and i always be myself no mata wat.

2 Likes

Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:22pm On Aug 22, 2012
Nonnyrose:

so true, playing hard 2 get is so yesterday.the girls of era has completely gone wild and the are everywhere. When u re busy play hard 2 get, three ladies re taking ur place. Even in marriage u still have to sit up b4 some lady comes in and throw u out. What i do is dat when i like a guy and he approaches me,i jst get 2 knw him atleast give him a soft landing bt if i dont dig u i will let u know instead of play wit u. I love myself and i always be myself no mata wat.

GBAM!!

A soft landing is way better than being an arse all in the name of playing hard to get..
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by veraponpo(m): 4:25pm On Aug 22, 2012
My sister, wisdom is what I think every lady needs.Few of the facts I have discovered recently are:

1. Relationship with a guy that is not ready for marriage always ends in comatose state MOST TIMES,in abortions, heartbreaking, deceits, etc note the capitalized.

2. Hard to get game, most times, happens to the young-(16-26yrs ladies) , from 27yrs almost all ladies are easy to get except if she is in a serious relationship.

3. Ladies, most times, lose the simple and innocent guy and fall into the hands of players(sharp guys) because, it is only the players that can do, say and act in the way they want. They then believe they are with the correct guy, whereas this guy's mission is to deceive her.

4. PLS DO NOT PLAY HARD OR CHEAP TO ANY GUY U LOVE. BE NATURAL AND WISE. LET HIM SEE YOUR INTELLIGENCE, ESPECIALLY IN THE WAY YOU DRESS AND TALK. I wrote that line in upper case because it answers your question.

Any man that is ready for a wife to marry will appreciate a wise lady that answers every questions correctly without any iota of deceit but with green light from her. If you tell your new guy that you want to think about his intention to be a close friend, pls be sincere, i.e truely wait and watch his ways, kind of friends, and life style. Pls do not have a sterotyped mind of playing hard or cheap.

4 Likes

Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by Tolaaaaannni(f): 4:27pm On Aug 22, 2012
Its good to a certain extent, I.E The only thing the guy wants is to get in your pants, playing hard to get would make you look "uncheap" and valuable. But if you play hard to get till a certain age you become what they call "Old" and "Unmarriable". Sometimes playing hard to get, make a person lose a potential spouse.
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by karpentar: 4:28pm On Aug 22, 2012
@sanbthen you are a greedy man

how am I greedy? if she's easy for me and hard to others, I wouldn't call her "cheap".
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 22, 2012
I can never spend much time on the opposite person, if they aint getting the vibes i will move on to the next available person.
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by lawak: 4:38pm On Aug 22, 2012
let me give u a summarised version of my marriage story: When I was convinced and fully made up my mind to get married, I scouted for some years for the right person and finally settled for one. The major killer stroke she used was her open mind; even when her friends and folks were suggesting the hard to get style for her, she chose to be docile and that singular action stood her out. I proposed to her just one week after we met for the first time ever and we got married after one month. am sure some of those suggesting the hard to get style are still waiting to hear stories (they might have to wait for ages). The ones who played hard to get for me later came back but it was already late. In summary "playing" hard to get is not good.
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by xyloxloto(m): 4:39pm On Aug 22, 2012
Tolaaaaannni: Its good to a certain extent, I.E The only thing the guy wants is to get in your pants, playing hard to get would make you look "uncheap" and valuable. [b]But if you play hard to get till a certain age you become what they call "Old" and "Unmarriable". Sometimes playing hard to get, make a person lose a potential spouse.

[/b]here lies your answer, so you all should keep dreaming and keep on keeping on deceiving yourselves.
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 22, 2012
Nonnyrose:

Beautifully said. I wish most chics had Ur good sense
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by Luklaw: 4:41pm On Aug 22, 2012
seedord247: Only a broke a$$ nigga woo a girl for months.
the bare bones of the entire opinions. With money everything is possible, even the most stubborn chic submit herself straighaway especially, in this generation of money-do-it-all.
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by Kobojunkie: 4:44pm On Aug 22, 2012
veraponpo: My sister, wisdom is what I think every lady needs.Few of the facts I have discovered recently are:

1. Relationship with a guy that is not ready for marriage always ends in comatose state MOST TIMES,in abortions, heartbreaking, deceits, etc note the capitalized.

2. Hard to get game, most times, happens to the young-(16-26yrs ladies) , from 27yrs almost all ladies are easy to get except if she is in a serious relationship.

3. Ladies, most times, lose the simple and innocent guy and fall into the hands of players(sharp guys) because, it is only the players that can do, say and act in the way they want. They then believe they are with the correct guy, whereas this guy's mission is to deceive her.

4. PLS DO NOT PLAY HARD OR CHEAP TO ANY GUY U LOVE. BE NATURAL AND WISE. LET HIM SEE YOUR INTELLIGENCE, ESPECIALLY IN THE WAY YOU DRESS AND TALK. I wrote that line in upper case because it answers your question.

Any man that is ready for a wife to marry will appreciate a wise lady that answers every questions correctly without any iota of deceit but with green light from her. If you tell your new guy that you want to think about his intention to be a close friend, pls be sincere, i.e truely wait and watch his ways, kind of friends, and life style. Pls do not have a sterotyped mind of playing hard or cheap.

WOW . . .Whenever I come here, I am sure to find people manufacturing facts from their arse.!!! grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by Kobojunkie: 4:46pm On Aug 22, 2012
lawak: let me give u a summarised version of my marriage story: When I was convinced and fully made up my mind to get married, I scouted for some years for the right person and finally settled for one. The major killer stroke she used was her open mind; even when her friends and folks were suggesting the hard to get style for her, she chose to be docile and that singular action stood her out. I proposed to her just one week after we met for the first time ever and we got married after one month. am sure some of those suggesting the hard to get style are still waiting to hear stories (they might have to wait for ages). The ones who played hard to get for me later came back but it was already late. In summary "playing" hard to get is not good.

Not everyone is like you. Try in the middle east where HARD-TO-GET is favored by the majority and being "openminded" can get you stoned to death. So in summary, playing hard-to-get may not be good for you but you are certainly not everyman.

1 Like

Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by xyloxloto(m): 4:46pm On Aug 22, 2012
Nonnyrose:

another good point made. you all continue deceiving yourselves.
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by dayokanu(m): 4:58pm On Aug 22, 2012
I heard a gist when in University a guy was asking the girl nd the girls friend was telling her to play hard to get which she did.

Later the friend went ahead and dated the guy. Both frends started fighting
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by Kobojunkie: 5:04pm On Aug 22, 2012
stillwater:

Never date someone with that at the back of your mind. Do you. The men these days are a far-cry from our fathers. Work at your own pace. If you don't like being rushed, please don't rush yourself. If you are the type that is quite decisive when propositioned, by all means say yes. You are an adult, make decisions for yourself and not what society dictates or what your friends would say.

But if the girl's aim is just to play hard to get, I think she's lost the plot.

I agree. I say women should never play hard-to-get(intentionally) because as adults, they don't need to because being the best of themselves, at the time, is all that is needed.

I am also against women intentionally trying to make it easy for a man . . .if he thinks you are too tough for him, let him be. That is the "natural selection" process at work there. If what he wants is someone who will cave, let him go find that . .. never lower your standards for anyone, not even the man you love. Cause once you start . . it is a slippery slope.

1 Like

Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by lawak: 5:12pm On Aug 22, 2012
Kobojunkie:

WOW . . .Whenever I come here, I am sure to find people manufacturing facts from their arse.!!! grin grin grin grin

ur comments clearly decribes who u are
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by seedord247(m): 5:15pm On Aug 22, 2012
sanb: LOL mehn just listen to yourself you sound very cheap to me

Sorry, i dont patronize cheap pinging strumpet like you. Not that i have taste. I move in class.
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Aug 22, 2012
D thing when dey tire me is not d shakara but how every girl wants 2 do shakara.
Arshie dey do hard 2 get
House girl dey do hard 2 get
Monkey dey do hard 2 get
elede dey do hard 2 get
Tolo-tolo dey do hard 2 get

1 Like

Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by Kobojunkie: 5:24pm On Aug 22, 2012
lawak:

ur comments clearly decribes who u are

yes, says the one who apparently pulls facts from his arse with no problem, it seems . . . grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by drnoel: 5:25pm On Aug 22, 2012
ronkebp: Do not get that 'play hard to get twisted oooo'....some lady thinks is telling a guy off, immediately he winks or says hi, you see some ladies eyeing the guy or hissing, some wear this big frown on their faces.

In my own view..it is not getting easily laid....majority of the guys, come to you for one thing, "to get laid" once they are done, they are off, to the next available chic...I had a friend who was always so easily laid and easily dumped....she would call me the next morning, " Ronke, it has happened again oo,the guy has dumped me again" my question would always be, "did you sleep with him"? we know what the answer would be.

There is nothing wrong in going on couple of dates in an open place where the guy in question will not grab and r/a/p/e you, there is nothing wrong in being polite and approachable. You just have to have class and love yourself...not with unnecessary pride and ego....wink wink you will be surprised the type of men, you will be attracting.

Everyone woman has and owns the keys to her legs....

True but then I´ve seen men still go after women even after they have explicitely said no and no. So what do u call that?
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by phraze(m): 5:29pm On Aug 22, 2012
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by semid4lyfe(m): 5:29pm On Aug 22, 2012
Observation:

MrBrownJAY must have the most liked posts on Nairaland

Moving on. . . .
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by ronkebp(f): 5:30pm On Aug 22, 2012
drnoel:

True but then I´ve seen men still go after women even after they have explicitely said no and no. So what do u call that?

that does not stop you from being polite till you walk down the aisle with another man, then they will get it.
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by duni04(m): 5:33pm On Aug 22, 2012
DailyNews:

You must be a guru guy...in fact, u six much jor! lol...and to sum it up, playing hard to get won't ever win you any busy honorable man cos they got no time or strength for all that, thats y u see most end up marrying some ladies you see as bad girls, cos those bad girls don't play too hard to get, but when they finally accept you, you will discover they aren't that cheap as u tot, hence the men stay and do mostly marry them while the nice girls are out there studying all relationship manuals from religious to moral and in an attempt to act or appear too decent by playing hard to get, they end up attracting only playboys who are experts in wooing and can wait for eternity just to get what they want! So op, just make it easy but don't be cheap like MrBrownJay pointed out above, those things are part of why most guys dump some girls without the girls knowing. good luck! I have gotta get back to work now!
Thumbs up
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by drnoel: 5:34pm On Aug 22, 2012
Dimples 316:

Well I certainly do not split bills with a guy on our first two dates or outing, If am feeling you afterwards you can be sure the next treat will be on me, If am not feeling you there won't be a 3rd, 4th or 5th outing of any kind. But I NEVER do that splitting of bills thing at the initial stage of a relationship he is doing the chasing and I definitely would like to be wooed.

I can cook, so hell no I won't be dying of hunger and waiting for some bloke to take me out, if it gets so bad and am not in a position to quickly make myself a meal there are fast food restaurants littered all over the place and with just 1k I can grab me some food. Wait for a man to buy me food when am hungry that is really cheap you won't catch me in that one oooo.

Its part of the cheap thing they are talking about (not that I am calling u cheap cos I am not), but why wait for him to pay if u don´t feel him. If u don´t feel him pay ur bill and throw away his number. I´ve met men that would take just that one act of letting him pay on that first date give him enough moral to bother ur life even if u keep saying no. Bear in mind must of these guys have side chicks so the cunt is not their problem but that they felt u hurt their ego.
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by drnoel: 5:36pm On Aug 22, 2012
ronkebp:

that does not stop you from being polite till you walk down the aisle with another man, then they will get it.
Oh! then u know very little about men. Cos if a man feels u hurt his ego, he´d do almost anything to get ur ass and when he has u are finished.
Re: Is Playing Hard To Get Good Or Bad? by duni04(m): 5:39pm On Aug 22, 2012
phraze: I know a tough gurl who around me acts freaking shy but when with her friends, bold as a lion, lol. One night wen we were about dispersing from each other, a guy was dizzy and wanted to attack me, by rubishing my involvement wit these friend of mine. She sprunged up with the most effective words and the chap just staggered away, tho i was already preparing my fist for a punch, which was kind of emotional, she reasoned. That made me amazed in Silence. That means She understood Emotion and Reaction, Perfectly. She is somewhere comfortable anyways. She is a Nurse by Profession tho. I advice every woman to have a nurse friend to understand Men. Learn alot and Help your man. Tho the Guy in the situation wouldnt have stood my outpour but she stepped like a good passenger and sat on the situation with so much experience. She drinks alittle tho. And all these happened at a bustop. She understood the situation and reacted well. Maybe she undastands Drunkers. Ladies just be an Angel and at the right time a Person. A Person reacts to situation without Emotion, an Angel is shy and gracious at her mans presence. Balance should be striked Carefuly. One More Important Discovery: when u act shy wit a man, he climbs 30,000 feet on mount-confidence. You act calm to make him be a man. This applies only to Romantic Moments oh, like when you and him are quite and alone. Its just something you should exibit 3trice in a week oh. Men love a Soft but Firm woman. Be Matured and learn some little poetry too... Lol * Runs Out*
Very very ridiculous contribution...extreamly ridiculous undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Much Should I Give Her For Monthly Upkeep / America's Hypocrisy-Gay & Incest(american Mom, Son In Love Charged With Incest) / Share An Unforgettable Act Of Sacrifice Or Selflessness Made By Your Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.